What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (2 Viewers)

Kyler Murray completed 30-of-43 passes for 173 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Cardinals' 35-20, Week 3 loss to the Panthers.

Murray rushed eight times for a season-high 69 yards after rushing for just 17 yards Weeks 1-2. That was about the only positive from his day. He absorbed eight sacks, often running backwards on them and setting the offense back in a big way. The offensive line is horrible, but Murray needs to learn to step up in the pocket and not run backwards or simply throw the ball away. Turning 43 pass attempts into 173 yards is unacceptable. A 4.0 yards per attempt average is comically bad. He could have easily thrown 5-6 interceptions and was dangerously close to tossing multiple pick-sixes. Christian Kirk dropped a deep pass in the second quarter, and Trent Sherfield had a hot one zip through his hands on what could have been a 35-yard touchdown. Murray will try to regroup ahead of a Week 4 home date with the Seahawks. He's merely a borderline QB1.

Sep 22, 2019, 7:04 PM ET

scored me 27.55 points yesterday. Ill take that any day

By your definition I guess Aaron Rodgers isnt startable either?
How did he score you 27 points?

He is 13th rank in my 12 person league which means there are better options.  I have watched 2 straight weeks of him and his oline is horrific.  Maybe they figure it out but I wouldnt start him. 

How did he score you 27 points?

He is 13th rank in my 12 person league which means there are better options.  I have watched 2 straight weeks of him and his oline is horrific.  Maybe they figure it out but I wouldnt start him. 
not in that league but...

12 pts for 2 TD passing

6.9 for 69 yards rushing

8.65 for 173 yards passing

=27.55

must not penalize for INT

Anyone starting him this week? mixed signals on the matchup. one source says it is a favorable one, another aays average...

Other options for me are Cousins and Goff

Anyone starting him this week? mixed signals on the matchup. one source says it is a favorable one, another says average...

Other options for me are Cousins and Goff
The Air Raid is all about an up tempo game with lots of total plays.

Week 1 vs DET - 89 plays = 23.70 FP

Week 2 vs BAL - 60 plays = 17.85 FP

Week 3 vs CAR - 75 plays = 21.55 FP

Sure, you can say his low score in week 2 was because he faced BAL, but he didn't play badly.  In fact, he had more passing yards vs BAL than he did vs either DET or CAR, and on less pass attempts.  Also, it was his only game without an INT.  SEA will try to slow down the pace with their run game and chew up the clock.  Will Murray be able to produce QB1 numbers with less than 60 plays, because that's just what SEA has done to PIT & NO the last 2 weeks. 

Over Wentz in a two QB league....my other starter is Watson.

It's a favorable matchup at home against a pretty poor secondary.

Over Wentz in a two QB league....my other starter is Watson.

It's a favorable matchup at home against a pretty poor secondary.
Ouch. Wentz had a big day.

Let's hope Murray's accuracy improves. In the two collegiate games of his I watched, I never thought his accuracy was great, but everybody said it was. Thus far, he's been really inaccurate deep and outside the numbers, as is usual, but more so with him than others. Last week was a joke with an average aDOT of 5.0. Let's hope that improves a lot.

Thus far, he's been really inaccurate deep and outside the numbers, as is usual, but more so with him than others. Last week was a joke with an average aDOT of 5.0. Let's hope that improves a lot.
This is odd

Thus far Murray ranks:

Deep Ball Completion %: 10th

Accuracy Rating: 3rd 

This is odd

Thus far Murray ranks:

Deep Ball Completion %: 10th

Accuracy Rating: 3rd 
Where are you pulling that from? That is interesing. What qualifies as deep? I'm looking at air yards here. I could be wrong, but that chart of attempts and distance in the SP the other day had him towards the bottom on intermediate and deep balls. 

Where are you pulling that from? That is interesing. What qualifies as deep? I'm looking at air yards here. I could be wrong, but that chart of attempts and distance in the SP the other day had him towards the bottom on intermediate and deep balls. 
11th in air yards

playerprofiler.com

Deep Balls – charts the total number of passing attempts that travel 20 yards or farther in the air. This metric is a window into the vertically-oriented nature of a quarterback’s offensive system. Quarterbacks with a high deep ball percentage generally play in vertical passing attacks as opposed to systems that emphasize short, quick passes.

Accuracy Rating– grades the accuracy each of throw on a 1-10 scale. 1-3 representing the most errand throw, 4-7 representing throws in some range of catchable but sub-optimal, and 8-10 representing the most pinpoint passes allowing receivers to convert receptions and gain yards after the catch. Quarterbacks with Accuracy Ratings above 6.0 are considered highly accurate, and those below 4.0 are considered highly inaccurate.

(Murray has a 7.1 accuracy rating thus far)

Last edited by a moderator:
And I don't think that deep ball accuracy is very accurate. I'll have to get a second on that one.

Wait, did he?  In my league he scored me 21.3 points, which is less than Murray's average this season.
After I typed that, I checked. 17.90 in ours. Murray averages around 20. I stand corrected about that statement. I just assumed he did, but Howard had two scores, so maybe not.

Look, I roster Murray and use him every week in a Superflex deal. I took him early in that draft, too, along with Mayfield. I'm not hating on Murray. But a 5.0 aDOT last game and 8.0 aDOT in the NFL is not going to get it done. I hope for brighter days ahead. 

After I typed that, I checked. 17.90 in ours. Murray averages around 20. I stand corrected about that statement. I just assumed he did, but Howard had two scores, so maybe not.

Look, I roster Murray and use him every week in a Superflex deal. I took him early in that draft, too, along with Mayfield. I'm not hating on Murray. But a 5.0 aDOT last game and 8.0 aDOT in the NFL is not going to get it done. I hope for brighter days ahead. 
It's coming bro. 

It's coming bro. 
I don't doubt it. I didn't even come in to vent frustration. I was just noting that there was something off from what how he was billed. I love the volume. He's been a decent QB to roster. I think things will look up rather than down.

I don't doubt it. I didn't even come in to vent frustration. I was just noting that there was something off from what how he was billed. I love the volume. He's been a decent QB to roster. I think things will look up rather than down.
I have a feeling he has a big one tomorrow. Playing across from Russell, who many have compared him to because of his size and baseball backgrounds, I think he lights it up tomorrow. Big day for Kirk. 

I think Murray fears getting his petite body injured. He doesn't step up in the pocket and he goes down like Elie Manning in the face of a phantom rush. His fantasy value comes from volume. I think you can start him but I'd suggest not watching because it is just ugly to see. 

They need to have more planned runs for him. Like 15 a game to include QB draws. Unfortunately, I fear the wind from a passing defender may blow him over. 

I think Murray fears getting his petite body injured. He doesn't step up in the pocket and he goes down like Elie Manning in the face of a phantom rush. His fantasy value comes from volume. I think you can start him but I'd suggest not watching because it is just ugly to see. 

They need to have more planned runs for him. Like 15 a game to include QB draws. Unfortunately, I fear the wind from a passing defender may blow him over. 
i think most of us are happy he isnt like eli manning

I think the coaches have told him to avoid taking hits so they don't RG3 him in a meaningless season.

He doesn't need to break tackles for his fantasy value.  He rushed for 70yds this week without taking a hit.

I think you can start him but I'd suggest not watching because it is just ugly to see.
This is about right. You can start him if you drafted him or he's on your wire for some reason. He's around QB11/12 in Yahoo! 4pt TD leagues.

And he's not taking hits, which is very wise, given his frame. 

What do you guys see in this kid?  He is skittish and doesn't throw downfield.  
I personally thought I'd ride volume to intrigue. Turns out to have been wrong so far. We'll see if these are growing pains or if he's this bad.

He's awful by eye test. His secondary numbers are awful. 

This is pretty bad.

I looked up and saw Cardinals near their printed name in the end zone.

I knew they were on defense.

This is awful lol.  Tebow-esque. 

He’s in a much pass-happier offense which gives him a higher floor/ceiling every week 
That's very true. It's the late fantasy points combined with the general football ineffectiveness that I'm talking about, not the style or manner in which they're acquired.

Users who are viewing this thread