What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (3 Viewers)

Kyler Murray completed 22-of-32 passes for 241 yards and a pick, adding four carries for 27 yards and a touchdown via his legs in Arizona's Week 4 loss to the Seahawks.

Trailing by 17 heading into the fourth quarter, Murray's nine-yard rushing score on a designed QB draw salvaged what would've been a horrendous showing. Murray was sacked four times, but Arizona's offense ultimately failed to show promise for a full four quarters — an ongoing issue with no real resolution in sight. The rookie's completion rate will likely finish among the league's best, but only because coach Kliff Kingsbury's Horizontal Raid offense allows for shallow passes in the flats that are easily caught. Furthermore, no receiver behind Damiere Byrd (out) provided a semblance of flash. Murray will attempt to regroup in time for what could be a terrific spot against the Bengals if the Cardinals click.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:24 PM ET

And Watson, Carr, Russell, Dak, and Cousins. Because Kyler outscored all those guys this week. 
Kyler has outscored Brady, Rodgers, Mayfield on the season. Yet they were regarded as hot commodities in redraft this year. I'd be willing to bet pantherclub would be starting Rodgers this week without hesitation if he had him. 

Furthermore, Murray is a low end QB1 right now. Looking back on the last two years here is where other notable rookie QBs finished:

2018:

Mayfield QB18

Darnold QB26

2017:

Trubisky QB 27

Watson QB29

I was wrong to sit Wentz for Murray.  I think there will be big days ahead, but he's just not quite ready for prime time.

I benched Brady for Kyler this week and watched most of the game. I found myself yelling “RUN” at the TV more than a few times. He needs to start getting those ground yards and just sliding with plenty of time so he doesn’t get lit up. He could have had 60-80 yards on the ground yesterday. 

I benched Brady for Kyler this week and watched most of the game. I found myself yelling “RUN” at the TV more than a few times. He needs to start getting those ground yards and just sliding with plenty of time so he doesn’t get lit up. He could have had 60-80 yards on the ground yesterday. 
His offense looks funky, he appears afraid to throw downfield, he appears a bit timid and hesitant to take off to run, his defense is putrid as is his offensive line.  Again, he is a no go until KK can figure this out.

Has a good game and  ... :tumbleweed:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Norris‏Verified account @JoshNorris

I know no one watched Cardinals-Bengals, but it was absolutely Kyler Murray's best performance of his young career. Big plays, off balance throws and decisive when creating on the ground. All around playmaker

7:50 AM - 8 Oct 2019

I know no one watched Cardinals-Bengals, but it was absolutely Kyler Murray's best performance of his young career. Big plays, off balance throws and decisive when creating on the ground. All around playmaker

I mean he is scoring points fantasy wise so I am not complaining, but I had that game right in front of me and I think I again saw one throw beyond even 8-9 yards... the one to Copper?

eta - he ran more, so there was that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean he is scoring points fantasy wise so I am not complaining, but I had that game right in front of me and I think I again saw one throw beyond even 8-9 yards... the one to Copper?

eta - he ran more, so there was that.
Pretty sure he threw at least 2 to DJ beyond 10 yards and they were pretty damn impressive throws. Over the shoulder right on the Money.

He had some pinpoint throws off balance. real impressive. Starting for me going forward, especially with his schedule lightening up

Pretty sure he threw at least 2 to DJ beyond 10 yards and they were pretty damn impressive throws. Over the shoulder right on the Money.
Yep I stand corrected.. just bad timing on my watching.  He looks to have had several 20+ yard completions. :thumbup:

Murray is QB2 for "money throws" (whatever that means, but it sounds sexy), and QB8 for deep ball completion percentage 

He’s the real deal, fellas. And he’s just scratching the surface. Fellow dynasty superflex owners, rejoice. 
Agree. I had an insurance plan for 2020 if he was a bust and I'm feeling good about just trading it away. This guy is a generational QB talent. Going to win a lot of championships for folks

Looking at his stats, they're nothing we haven't seen before......even for a rookie.  At least he has fanboys.  I'm just not one.

Source: AZCardinals.com - Mike Jurecki

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray is the first player in NFL history with more than 1,300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing through his first five career games, according to AZCardinals.com's Mike Jurecki.

Looking at his stats, they're nothing we haven't seen before......even for a rookie.  At least he has fanboys.  I'm just not one.
wrong

Source: AZCardinals.com - Mike Jurecki

Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray is the first player in NFL history with more than 1,300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing through his first five career games, according to AZCardinals.com's Mike Jurecki.
we have never seen this before 

wrong

we have never seen this before 
Good for him.  That happens when you're constantly playing from behind.  It's cool you're a fan.  No one is telling you not to be.  I see nothing special, but then again, I'm just a casual fantasy football player.

Good for him.  That happens when you're constantly playing from behind.  It's cool you're a fan.  No one is telling you not to be.  I see nothing special, but then again, I'm just a casual fantasy football player.
It's fine to have differing opinions, but just pointing out we literally have not seen this before, ever... even though your eyes lie to you and tell you otherwise. 

It's fine to have differing opinions, but just pointing out we literally have not seen this before, ever... even though your eyes lie to you and tell you otherwise. 
You're opinion is right.  My opinion is wrong.  Even though it's been 5 games.  You got me GB.

Agree. I had an insurance plan for 2020 if he was a bust and I'm feeling good about just trading it away. This guy is a generational QB talent. Going to win a lot of championships for folks
I'm a fan but this is going a little too far. There are more talented QBs in this generation already.

I'm on your side mostly but it's easy to say someone is the first to do something when you choose arbitrary cutoff points.
Its according to some AZ writer. 

I agree week 5 is a weird cut off. However, IMO, he has proven that he isnt a bust. I dont think it's absurd to predict a normal growth curve with time/experience and improvement in opportunities with an improved OL. Hes already a QB1, so adding in growth and an OL should raise his ceiling even higher.  

Its according to some AZ writer. 

I agree week 5 is a weird cut off. However, IMO, he has proven that he isnt a bust. I dont think it's absurd to predict a normal growth curve with time/experience and improvement in opportunities with an improved OL. Hes already a QB1, so adding in growth and an OL should raise his ceiling even higher.  
I meant "you" in the general sense. I knew you were quoting some one else. I'm not talking about Week 5 as the cutoff, because it's obvious why that is, we're only through Week 5. I'm just saying choosing 1,300 passing yards and 200 rushing yards is an arbitrary cutoff because those are his stats. He has been impressive and I agree there's room for growth.

FWIW, Murray ranks 6th in fantasy points for a QB's first 5 games.  Behind Newton Watson Griffin Bulger and Rypien.  (7th is Gardner Minshew.)

To me that's more insightful than the 1300 200 thing, which IMO isn't really "setting records" any more than what those guys above did (Newton more passing yards, Griffin more rushing yards, the others more TDs).

Kyler Murray completed 27-of-37 passes for 340 yards and three touchdowns in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Falcons.

Murray was nearly perfect in this one. As always, there were a bunch of short passes on simple reads, but Murray also let it rip downfield and picked up 32 yards on the ground. Murray's three passing touchdowns were the most of the season, and it looks like he's hitting his stride after ironing out some of the wrinkles earlier in the season. Of course, this matchup was as good as it gets, but the Giants' secondary has been very beatable, as well. Murray is quietly inside the top-eight at the position in fantasy scoring, so he'll be a QB1 in Week 7.

in all seriousness, if you dont see anything with this guy you cant be watching his games. Looked really good today- did not look like a rookie. Also the OL coming around- did not give up a sack I believe.

Schedule gets nice and soft. Can't wait. :popcorn:

in all seriousness, if you dont see anything with this guy you cant be watching his games. Looked really good today- did not look like a rookie. Also the OL coming around- did not give up a sack I believe.

Schedule gets nice and soft. Can't wait. :popcorn:
Correct. No sacks. No turnovers. And Kirk was out.

I was at the game and gotta say he looked really good. Made the short and long throws, and the easy and hard ones. And he didn’t really make any mistakes. 

Great game.

Users who are viewing this thread