What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 11

Excerpt:

. Through 11 weeks, five quarterbacks total 50 or more rushing attempts – Lamar Jackson (115), Josh Allen (74), Kyler Murray (67), Deshaun Watson (55), and Russell Wilson (50). All five quarterbacks rank top-10 in fantasy points per game. 

Undoubtedly, this is the year of the Konami Code quarterback.

Jackson is on pace for 441.6 fantasy points, or what would be the most by any quarterback in any season all-time.

Wilson and Watson continue to do Wilson- and Watson-like things, ranking second- (24.3) and fourth-best (22.5), respectively, in fantasy points per game.

The two surprises would be Murray and Allen. Murray is on pace for 319.8 fantasy points, which would be the second-most by any rookie quarterback in NFL history. Meanwhile, Allen totals 343.4 fantasy points over his last 16 games, which would have ranked top-three in any of the last seven seasons.

rockaction said:
Listed as questionable (hamstring) for Sunday. Couldn't have come at a worse time.
I know no one cares , but in one league I have 

Julio Out

Conner Out

Mack Out

Damien Out

Hollister Q mon night

And now Murray Q

All I can do is laugh at this pt. Need to win and get help this wk

I know no one cares , but in one league I have 

Julio Out

Conner Out

Mack Out

Damien Out

Hollister Q mon night

And now Murray Q

All I can do is laugh at this pt. Need to win and get help this wk
Yeah, two leagues are pretty much must-wins this week for me. I have Conner in the other, too, so I can relate.

Hated watching Murray turn up on the report. I figured it'd be a puff blurb from Roto. Apparently not.

but that's also the day he was added to the injury report, no?
Yes, that is exactly right according to Roto's coverage of it, anyway. I did not see any of the locals on the injury report. 

From CBS: QB Kyler Murray, Cardinals: Murray was a late addition to the Cardinals injury report this week with a hamstring injury. He'll be questionable for Sunday's game against the Rams, according to the team's official injury report. On the bright side, Murray was a full participant in practice despite the injury designation, which is a good sign for his status on Sunday, however, given that he's such a mobile quarterback, a hamstring injury could hurt him more than most if he isn't able to move around as much as usual. 

Late night

Sun, Dec 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kyler Murray (hamstring) will start in Week 13 against the Rams.

Advice: This was expected considering Murray practiced in full on Friday. No one individual comps to Lamar Jackson, but it's worth noting Los Angeles' front-seven did struggle to contain the MVP favorite in what was their first true test against a mobile quarterback this season. Jalen Ramsey will bounce around and defend both Christian Kirk and Larry Fitzgerald throughout the afternoon, but that shouldn't stop Murray from continuing his high-floor performances via his legs as a low-end QB1.

Well darn. I’ve got Kyler in over Brady in a do or die must win against the McCaffrey and Evans owner. Need major points.  :wall:

hopefully this is a big nothingburger 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like he is going to cost me a playoff spot in one league as well, started him over Josh Allen. Hoping for a pair of garbage time TD's
Same.  And after not liking his prospects all year, I drop Rivers for him.  Had the better matchup over Allen this week, so I started him.  Big mistake at this point.  This is someone in the #7 spot.  I'm #2 in points and #3 in points against.  It's not like my team sucks.

Kyler Murray completed 19-of-34 passes for 163 yards and one interception in the Cardinals' Week 13 loss to the Rams.

Perhaps some of this can be blamed on a less than 100% hamstring, but Murray was simply off all game long. Murray was under pressure often and should've had more than one interception. These games are to be expected during a rookie season, but it's not time to get pessimistic. Murray has been more good than bad this season and did have 28 yards and a touchdown on the ground to partially save his fantasy stat line. The Cardinals host the Steelers in Week 14.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:48 PM ET

Kyler Murray completed 20-of-30 passes for 194 yards, two touchdowns, and three picks in the Cardinals' Week 14 loss to the Steelers.

Murray was unsurprisingly under duress for a majority of play, taking five sacks and tossing three picks — including the game-ending turnover to Joe Haden, the illustrious corner's second interception of the afternoon. The Steelers also made a concerted effort to keep Murray from scrambling, wrapping him up every time he took off around the edges. That resulted in a five-yard strike to Charles Clay upright from the pocket and another 34-yard deep ball to David Johnson over the top of Pittsburgh's secondary. Assuming this performance against the vaunted 'Steel Curtain 2.0' didn't tank your fantasy season, Murray's rushing floor can still be depended on since his two yards on the ground were his fewest since Week 6 against the Falcons (and thus an outlier). The Cardinals will continue chasing their fourth win of the season against the Browns in Week 15.

Anyone got the cajones to start Murray in an important playoff matchup?

With my QBs Hans hurting I need options and he feels like a safe floor with high upside.

Anyone got the cajones to start Murray in an important playoff matchup?

With my QBs Hans hurting I need options and he feels like a safe floor with high upside.
I'm debating over Went and Taneyhill.....haven't watched him play all season. Is this a stupid move? 

Users who are viewing this thread