What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tim Patrick, DEN (1 Viewer)

Iceman03

Footballguy
Dynasty’s best kept secret probably isn’t so anymore. Evan Silva spoke highly of him which first caught my eye earlier this year and then I heard him reemphasize it on a podcast that Dane Brugler was talking highly of him. He had 10 targets today and should be targeted in deep leagues. 

Tim Patrick: 6’4, 208lbs 4.52 40

Last edited by a moderator:
I claimed him off FA about an hour after I heard Manny was out for the year. He looked pretty interesting yesterday. Made some really nice grabs in the air, just one of those guys a QB can lob it up to and let him snatch it where noone else can reach. I'll def be keeping an eye on him.

This game was off my radar this week. Who is this cat? How did he look?
I only got to see a few catches on Red Zone but he led the team in recieving yesterday. I worry that maybe he draws Slay next week. 

Anyway a little more on his background.... he missed some 17 games in college due to injury. Essentially half his career. After he reemerged he was able to lead Utah in recieving his senior year. It seems that he fell off the radar due to such a late surge in college.

Here’s the game against Adoree Jackson (first catch at ~1:30): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8j-_-PCJQo

I only got to see a few catches on Red Zone but he led the team in recieving yesterday. I worry that maybe he draws Slay next week. 

Anyway a little more on his background.... he missed some 17 games in college due to injury. Essentially half his career. After he reemerged he was able to lead Utah in recieving his senior year. It seems that he fell off the radar due to such a late surge in college.

Here’s the game against Adoree Jackson (first catch at ~1:30): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8j-_-PCJQo
??

Broncos play Browns next week. Ward and Randall are decent but not shutdown corners, although now there is a little bit of tape on Patrick.

Then in Wk 16 it's the Raiders.

So schedule really not so bad.

Didn't' have a chance to watch much of the video, but dude looks like the WR1 prototype. Obviously Sutton was drafted to be The Man but stranger things have happened. Definitely seems like a nice last season stash. Put in a claim to drop Richard for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
??

Broncos play Browns next week. Ward and Randall are decent but not shutdown corners, although now there is a little bit of tape on Patrick.

Then in Wk 16 it's the Raiders.

So schedule really not so bad.
For some reason I thought they played the Lions. I have no earthly idea why.

Assuming Sutton is out or limited with quad injury. For someone desperate who lost Green and Kirk and basically Tate, he worth a flier as flex or wr3?

Other options are Foster Moncrief Stills Crabtree.

Wonder who has safest ppr floor

Assuming Sutton is out or limited with quad injury. For someone desperate who lost Green and Kirk and basically Tate, he worth a flier as flex or wr3?

Other options are Foster Moncrief Stills Crabtree.

Wonder who has safest ppr floor
I’d go with Stills. Stills could have minimal targets and have the best ceiling because he’s always one big play away from a decent fantasy day. He’s healthy now and he’s Tannehill’s favorite target. I’ll be playing Patrick in a few leagues but it’s a roll of the dice that he sees the same targets as last week. 

I’d go with Stills. Stills could have minimal targets and have the best ceiling because he’s always one big play away from a decent fantasy day. He’s healthy now and he’s Tannehill’s favorite target. I’ll be playing Patrick in a few leagues but it’s a roll of the dice that he sees the same targets as last week. 
I'd rank them Stills, Foster, Patrick

I guess worry is they at the Vikings who shut down Wilson. Tannehill not great and is banged up. If osweiler comes in then no chemistry with stills. 

Am almost thinking of a gamble on Tyrell Williams hoping for shootout Thursday with chargers needing to throw given their 2 pass catching RB unlikely to play.

I don't feel great about him.  I can see a Denver Seattle game being a shootout.  I can see it being garbage.  I can see Tim having an incidental TD, but I can also see him having 2 for 17.   

I don't feel great about him.  I can see a Denver Seattle game being a shootout.  I can see it being garbage.  I can see Tim having an incidental TD, but I can also see him having 2 for 17.   
Except they’re playing the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks as I was already corrected (I thought Lions for some reason). Lol, seems a theme in this thread.

Except they’re playing the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks as I was already corrected (I thought Lions for some reason). Lol, seems a theme in this thread.
I meant Browns haha.  But yes, you're correct

Still--I can see a 0-3 game.  I can see a 31-28 game.  Will the QB's get it going early?  Or will we see Lindsey and Chubb grind out the clock in an ugly, boring game.  

I'd go with either Bills receiver before I went Patrick.

Would you drop Tyrell Williams for Tim Patrick in a 12 team PPR Dynasty League?
Hmmm. I own both in dyno myself. If I had to choose only 1? I think I'd take Ty. He'll extremely likely be on a new team next year that features him at wideout (think any # of teams: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Cards, Niners, Skins, etc). Lot of WR hungry teams. He's already proven he can put up a 1,000 yard season. There's just less guess work.

Hmmm. I own both in dyno myself. If I had to choose only 1? I think I'd take Ty. He'll extremely likely be on a new team next year that features him at wideout (think any # of teams: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Cards, Niners, Skins, etc). Lot of WR hungry teams. He's already proven he can put up a 1,000 yard season. There's just less guess work.
Patrick's career upside is what Ty already is. 

gianmarco said:
Interesting take after just one game.
I'm just going by probability. Yes, of course there is a chance he's Marques Colston or Ed McCaffrey or Antonio Brown or some other overlooked diamond-in-the-rough. But those odds are very, very long. If you are clinging to every bench stash assuming max upside edge case versus cashing in on known predictable value like a Ty Williams in the hopes that you hit a home run, that's just roulette. Dynasty owners should be playing blackjack.

I'm just going by probability. Yes, of course there is a chance he's Marques Colston or Ed McCaffrey or Antonio Brown or some other overlooked diamond-in-the-rough. But those odds are very, very long. If you are clinging to every bench stash assuming max upside edge case versus cashing in on known predictable value like a Ty Williams in the hopes that you hit a home run, that's just roulette. Dynasty owners should be playing blackjack.
Finding valuable FA’s is a big deal in dynasty’s, especially deep leagues. Ty Williams had a high end #2 WR season that you probably could have sold him at a reasonable cost for his athletic profile plus production if you thought it was a fluke. In any case, if I get one high end #2 season and that’s it I’ll take it. Most players don’t even get that if you want to talk playing the odds.

Do you mean features as in the top wr or simply stating? 

I just don't see ty as a #1. If Fitz retired, ty could be a good 2 as they hope Kirk becomes the 1. Seems that would be best case.

I just don't see ty as a #1. If Fitz retired, ty could be a good 2 as they hope Kirk becomes the 1. Seems that would be best case.
His stock would go up in Indy or Cleveland... he would have been a far cheaper alternative to Sammy Watkins in KC, who has reverted back to his injured form.

A real life #1? Yes. Fantasy, no. He's better than any WR currently on the Bills, Niners, Ravens, even the Bears. Teams just off the top of my head.

After OBJ was announced out I may have to start this guy at my flex(have Josh Adam, Randall Cobb and a few TEs along with him for this spot)

What are everyone's thoughts? I know he had a good game last week but we are talking semis lol.

After OBJ was announced out I may have to start this guy at my flex(have Josh Adam, Randall Cobb and a few TEs along with him for this spot)

What are everyone's thoughts? I know he had a good game last week but we are talking semis lol.
I am in this exact boat. What makes it hurt more is Mike Williams was on my bench last night because I'm not playing him over OBJ if the latter suits up. But he would have been my first replacement if the "out" announcement happened yesterday.  

Oh well, now I'll roll with Patrick and hope for 10-15 points. 

I am in this exact boat. What makes it hurt more is Mike Williams was on my bench last night because I'm not playing him over OBJ if the latter suits up. But he would have been my first replacement if the "out" announcement happened yesterday.  

Oh well, now I'll roll with Patrick and hope for 10-15 points. 
Debating whether to start him over the disappointing Eagles version of Golden Tate. 

One of my teams miraculously made it this far despite losing all kinds of players to injury, as well as Hunt.  I'm looking at starting Patrick tonight vs Jarwin tomorrow. It *is* TE premium. Or I could start Ivory if McCoy sits (yuck), or I can wait to see if Breida sits and I can start Wilson.  I don't like any of those so I am likely starting Patrick tonight.

barackdhouse said:
One of my teams miraculously made it this far despite losing all kinds of players to injury, as well as Hunt.  I'm looking at starting Patrick tonight vs Jarwin tomorrow. It *is* TE premium. Or I could start Ivory if McCoy sits (yuck), or I can wait to see if Breida sits and I can start Wilson.  I don't like any of those so I am likely starting Patrick tonight.
Me too. I had Miller so starting over Crabtree for upside. His floor is very low, though.

Decent outcome. Led the Broncos in recieving yds. Could have been better, could have been worse. Will be interested to see how he closes out the year and if there is any long term hold potential.

Decent outcome. Led the Broncos in recieving yds. Could have been better, could have been worse. Will be interested to see how he closes out the year and if there is any long term hold potential.
Certainly a leader of the pack when it comes to offseason stashes. Depending on FA he could be a starter next year. I think Denver will be active in FA market though. A guy like Funchess makes a to of sense if he comes at reasonable price. 

Or, ironically, so would Tyrell Williams. 😆

Tim Patrick hauled in 5-of-8 targets to lead the Broncos in receiving yards (65) for the second straight week in Denver's Week 15 loss to the Browns.

With All-World talent Denzel Ward unavailable to take away Patrick on the outside, the second-year UDFA again buoyed Emmanuel Sanders' (torn ACL, IR) absence into a team-high 65 receiving yards. Fourth-round rookie DaeSean Hamilton led the team in targets (12). Although he's done so at the expense of Courtland Sutton's ongoing thigh injury, Patrick has arguably carved out a role as the team's leading downfield receiver moving forward. He'll be a boom-or-bust WR4/flex in Week 16 against Oakland's secondary.

Dec 16 - 12:42 AM

11.5 ppr. I was hoping for 10-15, so I'm happy with him as an emergency plug-in.

Good stash for next year too.

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (broken hand, injured reserve) is expected to be activated following the team's Week 10 bye.

Sidelined since Week 1, Patrick will miss his required eighth game in Week 9. The Broncos suddenly have a big need at receiver after trading Emmanuel Sanders. 25-year-old Patrick flashed a bit down the stretch last season. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility he will have WR5 re-draft value following his return. He's not worth stashing, of course.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Oct 22, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (broken hand, injured reserve) has resumed catching passes.

Patrick is expected to resume practicing this week and be activated when first eligible in Week 10. He should immediately slide into three-receiver sets following the Broncos' trade of Emmanuel Sanders. 25-year-old Patrick made some plays down the stretch in 2018, but he is unlikely to provide re-draft value.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Oct 29, 2019, 4:41 PM ET

Scoop him up while you can in dynasty. I thought he looked pretty good last season, and path is wide open to the #2 role. Obviously this season is Poopsville and its frankly it's unclear if the Denver offense can support two fantasy relevant WRs but a starting WR is a starting WR ...

Broncos designated WR Tim Patrick (hand) for return from injured reserve.

Patrick is going to begin practicing and will be eligible to return Week 10. If things go as planned, Patrick will be in three-receiver sets with Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton. With the current state of the Broncos offense, it's unlikely Patrick will make noise in fantasy.

Oct 30, 2019, 8:03 PM ET

The Broncos are expected to activate WR Tim Patrick (hand) from injured reserve ahead of Sunday's Week 11 matchup with Minnesota.

CB Bryce Callahan (foot) is expected to go on I.R. in the corresponding roster move. It took Patrick just over two months to recover from a broken hand suffered in Denver's season-opening loss to Oakland. The Broncos have been thin on pass-catchers since Emmanuel Sanders' trade to San Francisco last month. It's doubtful Patrick will carry much fantasy weight with Brandon Allen filling in for injured starter Joe Flacco (neck) at quarterback.

RELATED: 

Bryce Callahan

Nov 14, 2019, 3:07 PM ET

Broncos activated WR Tim Patrick (hand) off injured reserve.

Patrick will be in the mix for snaps as soon as this Sunday against the Vikings. The Broncos are thin at receiver behind the emerging Courtland Sutton, so Patrick will essentially be auditioning for a spot on the 2020 depth chart. It's unlikely Patrick emerges into a fantasy-relevant receiver this season unless Sutton misses time.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread