Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Iceman03

Dynasty & Redraft: Tim Patrick, WR Denver

Recommended Posts

Dynasty’s best kept secret probably isn’t so anymore. Evan Silva spoke highly of him which first caught my eye earlier this year and then I heard him reemphasize it on a podcast that Dane Brugler was talking highly of him. He had 10 targets today and should be targeted in deep leagues. 

Tim Patrick: 6’4, 208lbs 4.52 40

Edited by Iceman03
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I claimed him off FA about an hour after I heard Manny was out for the year. He looked pretty interesting yesterday. Made some really nice grabs in the air, just one of those guys a QB can lob it up to and let him snatch it where noone else can reach. I'll def be keeping an eye on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tombonneau said:

This game was off my radar this week. Who is this cat? How did he look?

I only got to see a few catches on Red Zone but he led the team in recieving yesterday. I worry that maybe he draws Slay next week. 

Anyway a little more on his background.... he missed some 17 games in college due to injury. Essentially half his career. After he reemerged he was able to lead Utah in recieving his senior year. It seems that he fell off the radar due to such a late surge in college.

Here’s the game against Adoree Jackson (first catch at ~1:30): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8j-_-PCJQo

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

I only got to see a few catches on Red Zone but he led the team in recieving yesterday. I worry that maybe he draws Slay next week. 

Anyway a little more on his background.... he missed some 17 games in college due to injury. Essentially half his career. After he reemerged he was able to lead Utah in recieving his senior year. It seems that he fell off the radar due to such a late surge in college.

Here’s the game against Adoree Jackson (first catch at ~1:30): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8j-_-PCJQo

??

Broncos play Browns next week. Ward and Randall are decent but not shutdown corners, although now there is a little bit of tape on Patrick.

Then in Wk 16 it's the Raiders.

So schedule really not so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

I only got to see a few catches on Red Zone but he led the team in recieving yesterday. I worry that maybe he draws Slay next week. 

Anyway a little more on his background.... he missed some 17 games in college due to injury. Essentially half his career. After he reemerged he was able to lead Utah in recieving his senior year. It seems that he fell off the radar due to such a late surge in college.

Here’s the game against Adoree Jackson (first catch at ~1:30): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8j-_-PCJQo

Didn't' have a chance to watch much of the video, but dude looks like the WR1 prototype. Obviously Sutton was drafted to be The Man but stranger things have happened. Definitely seems like a nice last season stash. Put in a claim to drop Richard for him.

Edited by tombonneau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PhantomJB said:

??

Broncos play Browns next week. Ward and Randall are decent but not shutdown corners, although now there is a little bit of tape on Patrick.

Then in Wk 16 it's the Raiders.

So schedule really not so bad.

For some reason I thought they played the Lions. I have no earthly idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tombonneau said:

Obviously Sutton was drafted to be The Man but stranger things have happened. 

Bryant Johnson/Anquan Boldin comes to mind.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Sutton is out or limited with quad injury. For someone desperate who lost Green and Kirk and basically Tate, he worth a flier as flex or wr3?

 

Other options are Foster Moncrief Stills Crabtree.

Wonder who has safest ppr floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanaBuc said:

Assuming Sutton is out or limited with quad injury. For someone desperate who lost Green and Kirk and basically Tate, he worth a flier as flex or wr3?

 

Other options are Foster Moncrief Stills Crabtree.

Wonder who has safest ppr floor

I’d go with Stills. Stills could have minimal targets and have the best ceiling because he’s always one big play away from a decent fantasy day. He’s healthy now and he’s Tannehill’s favorite target. I’ll be playing Patrick in a few leagues but it’s a roll of the dice that he sees the same targets as last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

I’d go with Stills. Stills could have minimal targets and have the best ceiling because he’s always one big play away from a decent fantasy day. He’s healthy now and he’s Tannehill’s favorite target. I’ll be playing Patrick in a few leagues but it’s a roll of the dice that he sees the same targets as last week. 

I'd rank them Stills, Foster, Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess worry is they at the Vikings who shut down Wilson. Tannehill not great and is banged up. If osweiler comes in then no chemistry with stills. 

 

Am almost thinking of a gamble on Tyrell Williams hoping for shootout Thursday with chargers needing to throw given their 2 pass catching RB unlikely to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel great about him.  I can see a Denver Seattle game being a shootout.  I can see it being garbage.  I can see Tim having an incidental TD, but I can also see him having 2 for 17.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I don't feel great about him.  I can see a Denver Seattle game being a shootout.  I can see it being garbage.  I can see Tim having an incidental TD, but I can also see him having 2 for 17.   

Except they’re playing the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks as I was already corrected (I thought Lions for some reason). Lol, seems a theme in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

Except they’re playing the Browns and Raiders the next two weeks as I was already corrected (I thought Lions for some reason). Lol, seems a theme in this thread.

I meant Browns haha.  But yes, you're correct

Still--I can see a 0-3 game.  I can see a 31-28 game.  Will the QB's get it going early?  Or will we see Lindsey and Chubb grind out the clock in an ugly, boring game.  

I'd go with either Bills receiver before I went Patrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CaGamblers said:

Would you drop Tyrell Williams for Tim Patrick in a 12 team PPR Dynasty League?

Hmmm. I own both in dyno myself. If I had to choose only 1? I think I'd take Ty. He'll extremely likely be on a new team next year that features him at wideout (think any # of teams: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Cards, Niners, Skins, etc). Lot of WR hungry teams. He's already proven he can put up a 1,000 yard season. There's just less guess work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Hmmm. I own both in dyno myself. If I had to choose only 1? I think I'd take Ty. He'll extremely likely be on a new team next year that features him at wideout (think any # of teams: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Cards, Niners, Skins, etc). Lot of WR hungry teams. He's already proven he can put up a 1,000 yard season. There's just less guess work.

Patrick's career upside is what Ty already is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tombonneau said:

Patrick's career upside is what Ty already is. 

Interesting take after just one game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Interesting take after just one game.

I'm just going by probability. Yes, of course there is a chance he's Marques Colston or Ed McCaffrey or Antonio Brown or some other overlooked diamond-in-the-rough. But those odds are very, very long. If you are clinging to every bench stash assuming max upside edge case versus cashing in on known predictable value like a Ty Williams in the hopes that you hit a home run, that's just roulette. Dynasty owners should be playing blackjack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tombonneau said:

I'm just going by probability. Yes, of course there is a chance he's Marques Colston or Ed McCaffrey or Antonio Brown or some other overlooked diamond-in-the-rough. But those odds are very, very long. If you are clinging to every bench stash assuming max upside edge case versus cashing in on known predictable value like a Ty Williams in the hopes that you hit a home run, that's just roulette. Dynasty owners should be playing blackjack.

Finding valuable FA’s is a big deal in dynasty’s, especially deep leagues. Ty Williams had a high end #2 WR season that you probably could have sold him at a reasonable cost for his athletic profile plus production if you thought it was a fluke. In any case, if I get one high end #2 season and that’s it I’ll take it. Most players don’t even get that if you want to talk playing the odds.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Hmmm. I own both in dyno myself. If I had to choose only 1? I think I'd take Ty. He'll extremely likely be on a new team next year that features him at wideout (think any # of teams: Ravens, Bills, Jets, Cards, Niners, Skins, etc). Lot of WR hungry teams. He's already proven he can put up a 1,000 yard season. There's just less guess work.

Do you mean features as in the top wr or simply stating? 

I just don't see ty as a #1. If Fitz retired, ty could be a good 2 as they hope Kirk becomes the 1. Seems that would be best case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Do you mean features as in the top wr or simply stating? 

I just don't see ty as a #1. If Fitz retired, ty could be a good 2 as they hope Kirk becomes the 1. Seems that would be best case.

His stock would go up in Indy or Cleveland... he would have been a far cheaper alternative to Sammy Watkins in KC, who has reverted back to his injured form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Do you mean features as in the top wr or simply stating? 

I just don't see ty as a #1. If Fitz retired, ty could be a good 2 as they hope Kirk becomes the 1. Seems that would be best case.

A real life #1? Yes. Fantasy, no. He's better than any WR currently on the Bills, Niners, Ravens, even the Bears. Teams just off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

A real life #1? Yes. Fantasy, no. He's better than any WR currently on the Bills, Niners, Ravens, even the Bears. Teams just off the top of my head.

We could argue on some but overall I think we'd agree he's a good 2 or would be one of the weakest 1s. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After OBJ was announced out I may have to start this guy at my flex(have Josh Adam, Randall Cobb and a few TEs along with him for this spot)

What are everyone's thoughts? I know he had a good game last week but we are talking semis lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sos32 said:

After OBJ was announced out I may have to start this guy at my flex(have Josh Adam, Randall Cobb and a few TEs along with him for this spot)

What are everyone's thoughts? I know he had a good game last week but we are talking semis lol.

I am in this exact boat. What makes it hurt more is Mike Williams was on my bench last night because I'm not playing him over OBJ if the latter suits up. But he would have been my first replacement if the "out" announcement happened yesterday.  

Oh well, now I'll roll with Patrick and hope for 10-15 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jwb said:

I am in this exact boat. What makes it hurt more is Mike Williams was on my bench last night because I'm not playing him over OBJ if the latter suits up. But he would have been my first replacement if the "out" announcement happened yesterday.  

Oh well, now I'll roll with Patrick and hope for 10-15 points. 

Debating whether to start him over the disappointing Eagles version of Golden Tate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elmanx said:

Are we even sure that Patrick is a better option than Daeshawn Hamilton.  If so, why?

I think Hamilton is a better option serving in the slot.

3 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

With Ward or could be a Sutton game too

This is what concerns me. I think whichever draws Carrie has a worse matchup. Not sure who would face him and who would be the opposite outside WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my teams miraculously made it this far despite losing all kinds of players to injury, as well as Hunt.  I'm looking at starting Patrick tonight vs Jarwin tomorrow. It *is* TE premium. Or I could start Ivory if McCoy sits (yuck), or I can wait to see if Breida sits and I can start Wilson.  I don't like any of those so I am likely starting Patrick tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

One of my teams miraculously made it this far despite losing all kinds of players to injury, as well as Hunt.  I'm looking at starting Patrick tonight vs Jarwin tomorrow. It *is* TE premium. Or I could start Ivory if McCoy sits (yuck), or I can wait to see if Breida sits and I can start Wilson.  I don't like any of those so I am likely starting Patrick tonight.

Me too. I had Miller so starting over Crabtree for upside. His floor is very low, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, elmanx said:

Are we even sure that Patrick is a better option than Daeshawn Hamilton.  If so, why?

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent outcome. Led the Broncos in recieving yds. Could have been better, could have been worse. Will be interested to see how he closes out the year and if there is any long term hold potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

Decent outcome. Led the Broncos in recieving yds. Could have been better, could have been worse. Will be interested to see how he closes out the year and if there is any long term hold potential.

Certainly a leader of the pack when it comes to offseason stashes. Depending on FA he could be a starter next year. I think Denver will be active in FA market though. A guy like Funchess makes a to of sense if he comes at reasonable price. 

Or, ironically, so would Tyrell Williams. 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Tim Patrick hauled in 5-of-8 targets to lead the Broncos in receiving yards (65) for the second straight week in Denver's Week 15 loss to the Browns.

With All-World talent Denzel Ward unavailable to take away Patrick on the outside, the second-year UDFA again buoyed Emmanuel Sanders' (torn ACL, IR) absence into a team-high 65 receiving yards. Fourth-round rookie DaeSean Hamilton led the team in targets (12). Although he's done so at the expense of Courtland Sutton's ongoing thigh injury, Patrick has arguably carved out a role as the team's leading downfield receiver moving forward. He'll be a boom-or-bust WR4/flex in Week 16 against Oakland's secondary.

Dec 16 - 12:42 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11.5 ppr. I was hoping for 10-15, so I'm happy with him as an emergency plug-in.

Good stash for next year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (broken hand, injured reserve) is expected to be activated following the team's Week 10 bye.

Sidelined since Week 1, Patrick will miss his required eighth game in Week 9. The Broncos suddenly have a big need at receiver after trading Emmanuel Sanders. 25-year-old Patrick flashed a bit down the stretch last season. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility he will have WR5 re-draft value following his return. He's not worth stashing, of course.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Oct 22, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broncos WR Tim Patrick (broken hand, injured reserve) has resumed catching passes.

Patrick is expected to resume practicing this week and be activated when first eligible in Week 10. He should immediately slide into three-receiver sets following the Broncos' trade of Emmanuel Sanders. 25-year-old Patrick made some plays down the stretch in 2018, but he is unlikely to provide re-draft value.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Oct 29, 2019, 4:41 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scoop him up while you can in dynasty. I thought he looked pretty good last season, and path is wide open to the #2 role. Obviously this season is Poopsville and its frankly it's unclear if the Denver offense can support two fantasy relevant WRs but a starting WR is a starting WR ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Broncos designated WR Tim Patrick (hand) for return from injured reserve.

Patrick is going to begin practicing and will be eligible to return Week 10. If things go as planned, Patrick will be in three-receiver sets with Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton. With the current state of the Broncos offense, it's unlikely Patrick will make noise in fantasy.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Oct 30, 2019, 8:03 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Broncos are expected to activate WR Tim Patrick (hand) from injured reserve ahead of Sunday's Week 11 matchup with Minnesota.

CB Bryce Callahan (foot) is expected to go on I.R. in the corresponding roster move. It took Patrick just over two months to recover from a broken hand suffered in Denver's season-opening loss to Oakland. The Broncos have been thin on pass-catchers since Emmanuel Sanders' trade to San Francisco last month. It's doubtful Patrick will carry much fantasy weight with Brandon Allen filling in for injured starter Joe Flacco (neck) at quarterback.

RELATED: 

Bryce Callahan

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Nov 14, 2019, 3:07 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Broncos activated WR Tim Patrick (hand) off injured reserve.

Patrick will be in the mix for snaps as soon as this Sunday against the Vikings. The Broncos are thin at receiver behind the emerging Courtland Sutton, so Patrick will essentially be auditioning for a spot on the 2020 depth chart. It's unlikely Patrick emerges into a fantasy-relevant receiver this season unless Sutton misses time.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.