What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Never Have a Smart Phone Again? (1 Viewer)

Would You Be Willing to Ban Screens Forever? Computers and Old School (PS2 and before) Games are st

• Yes!

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • No, I am an addict and hate humanity.

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters

PIK95

Footballguy
Would you be willing to never have a smart phone (or ipad and such) again, if nobody else in the world had them either.  Would you?.  

Last edited by a moderator:
of course not

smart phones make everything easier, Uber, food delivery, air travel, news, voicemails, banking etc. etc. etc.

why in the hell would you rid yourself of these conveniences?

Why don't you get rid of your car and buy a horse and buggy while you're at it?

of course not

smart phones make everything easier, Uber, food delivery, air travel, news, voicemails, banking etc. etc. etc.

why in the hell would you rid yourself of these conveniences?

Why don't you get rid of your car and buy a horse and buggy while you're at it?
People are skeptical of tech nowadays because of the irrational paranoia people have about their privacy. Any new gadget that comes out that makes a part of your life easier is met with vague accusations of that company coming after them to steal their data. It’s sad. 

People are skeptical of tech nowadays because of the irrational paranoia people have about their privacy. Any new gadget that comes out that makes a part of your life easier is met with vague accusations of that company coming after them to steal their data. It’s sad. 
Disagree. I think that people are actually way under-paranoid about how much information and tracking companies and governments are doing of us. We've only lived in a world where this type of thing was even possible for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of humanity. Its impacts on humanity have barely been discussed and there's no question that many that have access to this info/data are malevolent. 

Disagree. I think that people are actually way under-paranoid about how much information and tracking companies and governments are doing of us. We've only lived in a world where this type of thing was even possible for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of humanity. Its impacts on humanity have barely been discussed and there's no question that many that have access to this info/data are malevolent. 
 Your personal data is not that interesting to anybody and likely won’t be used against you.

But, aggregating millions of users data can absolutely change how our society functions by giving companies a nearly perfect understanding of our motivations, habits and patterns of living. 

@timschochet  I think used to argue that the NSA data collection program wasn’t particularly worrisome because his personal information wasn’t being used but a lot of people disagreed with him during those conversations and I think rightly so. 

Your personal data is not that interesting to anybody and likely won’t be used against you.

But, aggregating millions of users data can absolutely change how our society functions by giving companies a nearly perfect understanding of our motivations, habits and patterns of living. 

@timschochet  I think used to argue that the NSA data collection program wasn’t particularly worrisome because his personal information wasn’t being used but a lot of people disagreed with him during those conversations and I think rightly so. 
Exaxtly. You have to weigh the benefits of the new technology vs the extreme unlikelihood of anything being used against you. Its paranoia. 

Myself, im going to let my smart coffee pot make my coffee for me.  And if that means Mr. Coffee knows what time i get up to go to work every morning and thats put in a database somewhere, thats fine with me. Too many other things to worry about. 

Tell that to people in China, Iran, North Korea, etc. The US isn't the only country in the world, and there's no guarantee that we'll always be what we are today either.

Users who are viewing this thread