What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Such low pay lines this week in cash games and I stank up the joint for a 3rd week in a row.  Should have been easy pickings and I missed them all.  :(    So frustrating...  
Ebb and flow.  We just ride the wave.  I've pretty much come to the conclusion that most of the time I'll be fighting for my money.  Main lineup today was making and missing double up cuts by tenths and hundredths of points (it only made one and it was by .02).  It's not always that close, but I think I've been battling the cut lines much more often than not this year, mostly losing.  

I'd have lost again today 40 in 20 out, but hit for 4th place out of 5952 (that $1 Beat Dave contest, no idea what that means) good for $100.  This is not the first time I've randomly thrown in a lineup around 12:30 with not much thought process and going a few different routes than everything else I put in.  This time it was a flier on Henry who actually was only 8%.  TE sucked today in general so it probably helped having Engram at 5%.  Had a clear path to 1st too, oh well close call.

I just haven't been having the luck on Fanduel as i have in the past. I threw my final $2 into a $1 SE GPP and 4x .25 Hail mary. Figuring, screw it. I'm doing pretty well on draft, so figure i just focus there. I had 2 lineups cash in the .25 one. Best lineup i had, which i debated baldwin and lockett and settled on lockett unfortunately. Baldwin would have given me 3rd and $1000 instead of 121 and $8. 😔, but i live to fight another week.

Allen, Mixon, Cook, Lockett, AB, Adams, Engram, Samuels, Minny. 

The $100k winner in Sunday night contest was super chalk - can't believe *no one* else had this lineup.  It's rare that a lineup is unique on it's own but rarely if ever seen it unique when it appears as common as this should be:

MVP - Gurley

Rest: Alshon Jeffrey / Nick Foles / Jake Elliot / Wendell Smallwood

Only 1 person of 52,910 had this lineup!?  Merry Christmas to that guy.

The $100k winner in Sunday night contest was super chalk - can't believe *no one* else had this lineup.  It's rare that a lineup is unique on it's own but rarely if ever seen it unique when it appears as common as this should be:

MVP - Gurley

it is hard to believe that was the only one out of 53000, but also not that hard to believe. Game script pointed to a rams blowout, so gurley in the MVP makes sense. Foles/Alshon does as well based on assumed script and foles liking to throw downfield more than wentz. Smallwood and Elliott in this lineup is where it was unique in my mind. Smallwood was a pure dart throw. He's had 3-4 total carries in the last 3-4 weeks or something like that before this game, with no indication he would see more. Taking the kicker in a perceived "catch up mode" offense is also kind of ballsy move. But hey, it worked out for this person. Congrats to them! 

Crazy Sunday... such low cut lines. Thought I was going to have another epic loss, with my secondary cash lineup (Dak/Zeek/Cooper/Ebron (two huge drops)) and 1PM lineup (Luck/Zeek/Ebron/Cooper/Barkley) ####ting the bed and while my main cash with Samuels/Edelman being so chalky, but the last 20+yd pass to Edelman got me over the 120pt hump my $3 120pt beat-the-score entries cashed at over 8x the entry... crazy.

I ended up cancelling all my $7 130 beat the score entries, because it seemed like it would be a low scoring week because of the ugly slate.

MVP - Gurley

I wouldn't call Smallwood chalk.  I'm in a small Prime Time gpp and no on had Smallwood.  Don't recall the prices, but Reynolds was a far superior play based on history and projections.

So I've been messing around on DK more for these single games, I like their setup better.  There is an extra flex spot.  Defense and kickers are available.  The 1.5x spot bumps all the salaries up (I think 1.5 times) which seems like FD's biggest error so far.  This has made me tinker with very low cost players in 1.5x and stack the flex spots.  I've had some cashes so far and was one Perriman play away Saturday night from a super finish (still finished 125th in a mid size gpp).  Sunday, Smallwood was minimum salary of $200, so his 1.5x slot value was only $300 I think.  I played Everett (cashed), Rams D (horrible lineup) and Sproles (just missed cashing).  Last night this wasn't a winning strategy from what I can tell with McCaffrey and Kamara doing so well and the QBs stunk, and I didn't notice any Manhertz lineups at the top of the standings or any other cheapo 1.5x players.

So I've been messing around on DK more for these single games, I like their setup better.  There is an extra flex spot.  Defense and kickers are available.  The 1.5x spot bumps all the salaries up (I think 1.5 times) which seems like FD's biggest error so far.  This has made me tinker with very low cost players in 1.5x and stack the flex spots.  I've had some cashes so far and was one Perriman play away Saturday night from a super finish (still finished 125th in a mid size gpp).  Sunday, Smallwood was minimum salary of $200, so his 1.5x slot value was only $300 I think.  I played Everett (cashed), Rams D (horrible lineup) and Sproles (just missed cashing).  Last night this wasn't a winning strategy from what I can tell with McCaffrey and Kamara doing so well and the QBs stunk, and I didn't notice any Manhertz lineups at the top of the standings or any other cheapo 1.5x players.
Agree- DKs single game contests are a lot better because the salaries are more spread out, d is a position, and the 1.5x in salary for the cpt makes you think a bit.  I think their gpps and ppr are better too.  Why is FD so much more popular? 

Users who are viewing this thread