What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your top 3 fantasy RB next year? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
Gurley, Barkley, Zeke in what order? Does CMC sneak in for 1PPR? I think Zeke has worked his way back into the top 3 discussion. 

1st round next year is gonna be easy. Just grab the next best RB on the board. I would be happy with Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, CMC or Gordon as my #1. Prob in that order. 

1st round next year is gonna be easy. Just grab the next best RB on the board. I would be happy with Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, CMC or Gordon as my #1. Prob in that order. 
Unless you’re at the end of round 1 with potential land mines at RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that we think we have it all figured out is what's going to make it such a landmine. Next year we'll probably see a bunch of elite WRs emerge into first-round talents.

Elliott has been great lately but seems overrated in this thread. He is currently 5th or 6th in my leagues. Why would anyone expect to prefer him over Barkley, for example?

Elliott has been great lately but seems overrated in this thread. He is currently 5th or 6th in my leagues. Why would anyone expect to prefer him over Barkley, for example?
Depends on the offensive lines and the offenses as a whole heading into next year.

Zeke’s game log has been first pick worthy since they acquired Cooper.

No Chubb in the conversation?  Since he has taken over as the guy he has been near the top and Cleveland should only get better as a team.  I would put him in the top half but not top 3.

Nailed it. 

Bell is a wildcard depending on WHERE he decides to play football. 

Chubb and Gordon are in the top 10.  DJ may make it to the 10 spot but his situation is rough. 
Bell is truly a wildcard on his landing spot for playing ... 

If he lands in Philly or Balt, he is a Top 5 consideration.  

Some locations could be more RBBC and less wear & tear on his body.... which is a point of his holdout. 

The fact that we think we have it all figured out is what's going to make it such a landmine. Next year we'll probably see a bunch of elite WRs emerge into first-round talents.
That’s very true. But I’ll stand by it and take the burn when it comes, haha. Can’t overthink it even though you’re right and one or two will undoubtedly not end up as 1st round point producers. 

Tier 1 - super studs: Gurley, Barkley, Elliott

• Gurley seems the safest, Barkley has a great surrounding talent sans Manning and catches a ton of balls, Elliott gets volume.
Tier 2 - studs: Kamara, McCaffrey, Conner, Gordon, Bell

• Kamara possibly returns to early season stat lines if Ingram is gone, McCaffrey almost on par with Kamara but in a lesser offense, Conner slightly below Kamara and McCaffrey, Gordon is great but carries injury concerns, Bell is a wild card.
Tier 3 - up n comers: Mixon, Chubb

• Mixon would be FF RB8-RB10 right now if he didn't miss 2 games, is surrounded by good skill players, has good receiving skills himself but has an average at best o-line and QB. It'll be interesting if Cincy improves the o-line or QB situation in the off-season. Chubb is in a similar position as Mixon but has a better QB and doesn't have quite the receiving skills. Both have potential to reach Tier 2. Mixon over Chubb based on receiving skills.
Tier 4 - risks: D Johnson, Fournette, Lindsay

• All have their warts. All could hit Tier 2 under more optimal conditions. Can DJ get a better supporting cast around him and more importantly, a better play caller that works to his strengths? He's just outside the top 10 FF RB's right now despite all this. Rosen and Kirk should take a step forward. Can Fitz hang on for another year? Fournette is a bell cow but carries a significant injury risk with him and isn't much of a receiving threat. Can Lindsay keep it up if Denver doesn't upgrade their offensive supporting cast or does he suffer a sophomore slump? Keenum is well below average and Sanders is likely done. Sutton is the only skills player of note outside of Lindsay.

Some locations could be more RBBC and less wear & tear on his body.... which is a point of his holdout. 
I mean why would Bell be part of a RBBC. Doesn't make sense on any level.

Just out of spite I really he hope he winds up somewhere with a garbage O-Line.  Arizona, Buffalo and Cincinatti come to mind (not that any of those three would go after him).

Tool said:
He wants 2 key things ..... $$ and to not get hurt.  If he signs with a team having a solid OL with a reasonable RB2, he gets what he wants....  plus he does not get "worn out" with 400 touches each year.  It would help give him a longer career.  

Angry spiders said:
Nah....second half of season he tailed off....wouldnt doubt pitt drafts a rb early either
:lmao: yeah, a team who has a RB ranked 6th in rushing yards per game, top 10 in RB receptions and second in TDs getting paid less than a $1m/yr is going to draft another RB early.  That has to be the dumbest theory ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Payne said:
Zeke has been a monster. He absolutely is in the conversation. Look at his receptions lately. 

Personally, you have to wait to see how the off-season plays out. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these guys. 

But I would go Gurley Zeke Barkley.
Amazing how Dallas turned their OL around.  They were projected to be a top 5 OL, but then they got decimated by injuries right before the season.  

beerbuff said:
Don't forget about Guice. If AP can do what he did this year think of what Guice can do. He won't be drafted in the top tier but he could easily end up there.
Man I hope you’re right. I drafted him in the 11th in order to keep him in the 11th next year. Could provide a nice return. 

ponchsox said:
Zeke’s game log has been first pick worthy since they acquired Cooper.
Absolutely.

Since Week 9 (1st game Cooper played with DAL), Zeke points in one of my PPR leagues

15, 36, 32, 26, 25, 31

That's pretty good.  He scored 31 last week without even scoring a TD.  I could consider Zeke with the 1st pick.

Birdie048 said:

Baltimore yes, but not Philly unless They change the way they use their RB. Which could very well happen because he’ll be the best RB they’ve had in a long time. 

Right now, I would take Barkley, CMC, and Zeke.  Gordon and Gurley would be next.  Our league has some non-typical scoring (nothing overly crazy) and this is the current points rank of the running backs.  Gordon actually has the highest weekly average but has missed three weeks so he is 4th in total points.

I'd be happy with any of them though.   

He wants 2 key things ..... $$ and to not get hurt.  If he signs with a team having a solid OL with a reasonable RB2, he gets what he wants....  plus he does not get "worn out" with 400 touches each year.  It would help give him a longer career.  
Dude he’s not gonna be in a Rbbc. Come on.

Absolutely.

Since Week 9 (1st game Cooper played with DAL), Zeke points in one of my PPR leagues

15, 36, 32, 26, 25, 31

That's pretty good.  He scored 31 last week without even scoring a TD.  I could consider Zeke with the 1st pick.
He's also at 333 touches and just went on the injury report with a neck injury.  

He's on pace for over 410 touches including over 330 carries, and is likely to make the post season where he could add to that significantly.  He just had a 40 touch game this week.  He could be looking at close to - or even over - 500 touches if they continue to lean on him and they win a playoff game. 

No chance i'd take him 1.1 after that. 

Rhythmdoctor said:
My top 5 for next year based on how I feel RIGHT NOW:

1. Barkley
  2. Gurley
  3. Zeke
  4. CMC
  5. Kamara
I'd switch 1 & 2 personally but this looks right.   Next 5 for me would be Gordon, Mixon, Conner, Chubb, Bell (depending where he lands). 

I'd switch 1 & 2 personally but this looks right.   Next 5 for me would be Gordon, Mixon, Conner, Chubb, Bell (depending where he lands). 
I'd be good with any of those 10.  There's also 10 WR's I'd be good with in the 1st.  This seems like one of those years where it's so deep at the top that it's good to pick late in the draft to get two of them.  However, it's almost SO deep, that you want to be near the top again and could still get 2 top players by drafting 4th, and having a better 3rd round pick.

Lionsfan011 said:
Tier 1 - super studs: Gurley, Barkley, Elliott

• Gurley seems the safest, Barkley has a great surrounding talent sans Manning and catches a ton of balls, Elliott gets volume.
Tier 2 - studs: Kamara, McCaffrey, Conner, Gordon, Bell

• Kamara possibly returns to early season stat lines if Ingram is gone, McCaffrey almost on par with Kamara but in a lesser offense, Conner slightly below Kamara and McCaffrey, Gordon is great but carries injury concerns, Bell is a wild card.
Tier 3 - up n comers: Mixon, Chubb

• Mixon would be FF RB8-RB10 right now if he didn't miss 2 games, is surrounded by good skill players, has good receiving skills himself but has an average at best o-line and QB. It'll be interesting if Cincy improves the o-line or QB situation in the off-season. Chubb is in a similar position as Mixon but has a better QB and doesn't have quite the receiving skills. Both have potential to reach Tier 2. Mixon over Chubb based on receiving skills.
Tier 4 - risks: D Johnson, Fournette, Lindsay

• All have their warts. All could hit Tier 2 under more optimal conditions. Can DJ get a better supporting cast around him and more importantly, a better play caller that works to his strengths? He's just outside the top 10 FF RB's right now despite all this. Rosen and Kirk should take a step forward. Can Fitz hang on for another year? Fournette is a bell cow but carries a significant injury risk with him and isn't much of a receiving threat. Can Lindsay keep it up if Denver doesn't upgrade their offensive supporting cast or does he suffer a sophomore slump? Keenum is well below average and Sanders is likely done. Sutton is the only skills player of note outside of Lindsay.
Good post.  I would only make one change to your tiers.......I would put CMC in a super stud  tier in PPR leagues. 

I never understood this argument from Bell's camp (if he is even making it).  He wants to set the RB market but doesn't want to get "run into the ground" - it's just so illogical to me. Why would he get paid top dollar and then not used be used as much as possible?

I'd be good with any of those 10.  There's also 10 WR's I'd be good with in the 1st.  This seems like one of those years where it's so deep at the top that it's good to pick late in the draft to get two of them.  However, it's almost SO deep, that you want to be near the top again and could still get 2 top players by drafting 4th, and having a better 3rd round pick.
Another reason 3RR draft is better than normal.

Not to mention auction.

My early 2019 RB (PPR) Rankings

TIER ONE:  Barkley, Gurley and Elliott, in any order.

TIER TWO:  CMC, Kamara, Mixon and Gordon are the next tier for me.  I would put CMC at the top of this tier, more like Tier 1.5 for him.

TIER THREE:  Fournette, Cook, Chubb  and Conner.  Fournette's injury history concerns me.  Conner faded late, but situation is key here.

TIER FOUR:  DJ, Freeman, Jones, Lindsay, Cohen.  Perhaps I have dropped DJ too far.  

TIER FIVE:  Guice, Kerryon, Henry, Drake Sony and Miller.  A lot of question marks here.  You could probably lump several more here.  If Seattle's situation becomes more clear, or if Breida retains hold of the lead in SF, they move up, but until we have more clarity, it is difficult to rank those situations.

The two most interesting situations I am watching this offseason (1) where does Bell land; and (2) who will be the primary ball carrier in KC.  I have excluded Bell from my rankings pending him finding a home.  Mark Ingram's situation will be another one to watch with interest this offseason.  Also, what happens in Philly and Baltimore?

Top 10/11 RBs in PPR over the past 6 weeks (based on PPG):
CMC, Zeke, Barkley, Chubb, Gordon, (Hunt), Fournette, Jones, Kamara, Lindsey, Gurley

My early 2019 RB (PPR) Rankings

TIER ONE:  Barkley, Gurley and Elliott, in any order.

TIER TWO:  CMC, Kamara, Mixon and Gordon are the next tier for me.  I would put CMC at the top of this tier, more like Tier 1.5 for him.

TIER THREE:  Fournette, Cook, Chubb  and Conner.  Fournette's injury history concerns me.  Conner faded late, but situation is key here.

TIER FOUR:  DJ, Freeman, Jones, Lindsay, Cohen.  Perhaps I have dropped DJ too far.  

TIER FIVE:  Guice, Kerryon, Henry, Drake Sony and Miller.  A lot of question marks here.  You could probably lump several more here.  If Seattle's situation becomes more clear, or if Breida retains hold of the lead in SF, they move up, but until we have more clarity, it is difficult to rank those situations.

The two most interesting situations I am watching this offseason (1) where does Bell land; and (2) who will be the primary ball carrier in KC.  I have excluded Bell from my rankings pending him finding a home.  Mark Ingram's situation will be another one to watch with interest this offseason.  Also, what happens in Philly and Baltimore?
I just don't see how Lindsay is not in tier 1.5 or so. He's better than anyone in your tier 3, better than Mixon and probably equal to or betteer than Gordon ( Gordon is once again hurt, that has to start factoring in at some point. he tens to get nicked up). Remember, Lindsay is a p/t player, with about 12-15 carries/gm. if he EVER gets 15-20 consistently he'll be in the top tier in no time. 

Tier 5 should not include Guice he hasn't done a thing yet. I'd move Kerryon up to tier 3, replacing Fournette - with Fournette even play for the Jags next season? he's making off the field issues a bit sticking point with himself now..

I think it would be wise to have a look at what Penny is doing in Seattle, especially the past 5 games or so..a couple of down games for sure, but I'm seeing a lot of 8-44, high ypc avg games. he's a 2nd rounder. his team is running the *@#$ out of the ball.Mike Davis is gone in 2019.Carson is OK but he's not going to hold Penny back. 

There might be a record number of new head coaches around the league in 2019. going to interesting how all of that pans out. GB has A. Jones, I'll bet the farm he pole vaults himself into your top 2 tiers. 

Plus, the rookie RBs will make a splash. If I had to guess, Fournette, Cook, Mixon, Miller, Drake , Henry ,Guice won't be anywhere near the top 10 RBs next season. 

you can put these guys in any order but I'd have it like:

Kamara, Barkley, Elliot, Gurley, Lindsay, CMC, Kamara, Jones, Michel, Chubb. Don't like the long term potential of Cohen , if I'm taking a smaller guy I'm banking on Breida. Conner has been good, but I can't believe that Pitt would go to 2019 with him as a starter and not add talented depth. 

Cohen is doing well only because Howard is doing so poorly. that'll change next season they'll bring in a better back via draft or free agency.

The question I find more interesting is which RB will make the leap into the Top 5? My money is on MIxon. He's had kind of a weird season with injuries (to himself as well as Dalton, Green, etc.) but has still managed to produce (RB13 in 0.5 PPR). Particularly if they shake up the coaching staff and/or get a new QB, he has the talent to become elite.

Tier 5 should not include Guice he hasn't done a thing yet.
Don't agree with this. I have Guice rated very high despite not playing a down in the regular season - if people are dropping him on their boards he's a terrific buy opp IMO. He's a beast. If you were on board with him before the season then no reason to drop him in your rankings at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread