What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bengals Season Ticket Holder Demands (1 Viewer)

Peak

Footballguy
Read this earlier today and I kinda feel for the guy.  Been there many of times as a Browns fan.

Bengals season ticket holder makes non-negotiable offer

posted by Lance McAllister, 700WLW

I received this email last week. I find it to be an interesting exchange between the Bengals ticket office and a season ticket holder. The season ticket holder makes a non-negotiable offer for his return in 2019.

-------

From the Bengals:

Hi Tim,

Hope you have enjoyed coming out to the games this season. Looking ahead to 2019 we recently went on sale with our season ticket deposits.

The deposit goes towards your overall cost of the season tickets. It will essentially work as your first payment. They are time stamped as well so the sooner you put one down, the better your time slot is for choosing seats.

Placing a deposit allows you to take full advantage of our interest free payment plans.

We also have a limited amount of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. Oakland Raiders when you place your deposit.

What are your thoughts?

-----------------

Response from season ticket holder Tim:

Thanks for your message and for asking about my thoughts regarding your offer below. Since you asked, here they are:

I have had half season or full season tickets every year since PBS opened. After Marvin Lewis was renamed head coach for 2018 I swore I was done with Bengals season tickets but caved when the Jungle passes were offered for $20 a game in the same section in which I was previously paying $50 per game. That said, there are a few things I need to know before considering tickets for next year. 

1 - I need confirmation that Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson are both fired and that they won't be allowed to have access to PBS, players and the facility.

2 - I need assurance the new coaching staff understands basic football principles such as: Timeouts have value, clock management is important, penalties are bad and especially real accountability for performance, which is something ownership and coaches have lacked since 1991. 

3 - Cincinnati needs new leadership. Are there any indications that Mike Brown will step down as the GM of the team? Last thing the Bengals need is another first round WR that can't do his job while the QB runs for his life and the offensive line gets FOUR false start and numerous holding penalties in week 13 of the season.

4 - Cincinnati deserves new ownership. Are there any rumors that the Brown family would sell the majority share of the team? 

5 - Ticket price reduction. While the Jungle pass deal seemed good on paper at $20 a ticket, I still strongly feel I overpaid. I'd be willing to renew my same seats (or better) for $10 a game.  Price is non-negotiable! For $20 I could have seen 2 movies and even if it was the same movie twice I can assure you I'd have found it more entertaining than the Bengals games this season.

Lastly, thanks for the offer of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. the Raiders. You should note that I had tickets to the December 2nd Denver Broncos game on unusually beautiful day and elected to stay home. I took a nap during the actual game and don't regret it. My only regret was while sleeping and not watching the debacle, errrr I mean game, I failed to submit a #Tweetsigot to Lance McAlister, as I made his list the week before. 

Best of luck selling season tickets for 2019. Based on attendance in 2018 I'm pretty sure I have plenty of time to pull the trigger.  I hope you consider my non-negotiable offer (#5 above) and as long as criteria 1 - 4 are met I'll be back in the jungle to perhaps see the Bengals actually beat the Steelers.

Best Regards,

Tim

This team cares less about its fans opinions (for better and worse) than any other pro sports franchise. I go to games for a lot of reasons besides just to see the Bengals win, but even I admit the last home game felt like a morgue most of the time. 

People complain about the Bengals not doing anything every year, but I think we’ve finally hit a point of mutiny if nothing changes. 

There are some obvious issues though... We have no GM and we’re not getting one. So to fire Lewis and get a new HC you have to find somebody that will placate Mike Brown and give him some say, but ultimately be the GM also and do both jobs. The primary reason why Lewis remains is the comfort level Brown has with him to allow things to be done Brown’s way and still keep the team semi-relevant. It’s a nearly impossible assignment. 

I believe the whole idea of Hue comes from Brown hoping to keeping Lewis running the front office/GM while throwing the fans a bone with a HC coach. It makes sense that Lewis would only be interested in staying in another role if it meant his buddy being the HC. Otherwise, I’m sure Lewis would rather coach elsewhere or just stay home. 

Basically all the options are bad. They need to gut it and start over with outsiders, but why would we expect Mike Brown to find a better coach, figure out how to coexist on player personnel issues and get better anytime soon?  Even if they went totally outside, the odds it works are low. Frankly, maybe even lower than the odds Marvin Lewis magically starts winning close games.

It’s so bad I dont even know what I want them to do. I guess play the lottery with a new guy and see what happens. 

Someone at work showed me a Gofundme page to try and get enough money to buy the Bengals.  

Why can't the city own the team the way Green Bay does?  I mean, hell, we already paid for the stadium and continue to pay for all the renovations.  Might as well just buy the team and maybe we can appoint someone to run it who actually gives a damn.

Ughhhh.   Tim speaks the truth and the truth hurts.   Even the years of making the playoffs and getting outclassed in the first round each time is painful in hindsight, as it was ultimately fools gold.   His concerns / demands look like deja vu all over again; essentially the same things that have been said for decades of Mike Brown's ownership.  

is $20 the cheapest seat in the entire league?
Titans had an offer for the Thursday game against the Jags, that was $20 for a ticket and included a $10 concession voucher that couldn't be used on alcohol. 

Was amazing, and might be the only chance I'll have take the family to a NFL game for under $100 including concessions. 

Users who are viewing this thread