What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 - TNF - Chargers @ Chiefs (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Lots riding on this one, both fantasy wise and NFL wise.

The line has dropped from 56.5 over/under to 53.5 in 16 hours. Looks like freezing rain, 30 degrees and 16mph winds.

A lot of injury concerns:  Ware and Hill are banged up but likely to play.  Gordon and Ekeler banged up and trending toward being out as of now.

Are we starting Rivers this week and if so over whom?

Who are you starting Ware over?  Any other decisions?

Probably Luck over Rivers, I hate early games. If Wentz can throw 3 TDs on Dallas I would think Luck will too.

That weather scares me, but have no choice as I am rolling with Mahomes, KAllen, and Kelce tonight...nothing like make or break in your semifinal match on Thursday night already...ugh

That weather scares me, but have no choice as I am rolling with Mahomes, KAllen, and Kelce tonight...nothing like make or break in your semifinal match on Thursday night already...ugh
Same Rivers, K. Allen,  and then deciding between 2 of:   Melvin Gordon, Damian Williams, Justin Jackson, Chubb, and OBJ.

The Thursday/Sat mixed with injuries is killing me! 

Ugh, I've got Gordon or Ware plus Tyreek, all nicked up for tonight's game.  And my opponent has Kelce. Saw elsewhere that Kelce hasn't done a lot against the Chargers so hoping that trend continues.  Tyreek being on the field will hep that. 

Stupidly cut Damien for Darrel last week and couldn't get him back this week so I picked up Chark West, but if Gordon and Ware both sit, I'm more likely to try Frank Gore or Jalen Richard, I think.

As noted above, I'd much prefer a clear "inactive" for the RBs than having them out there for 10 snaps.

I think as it gets closer to game time....people will quit freaking out.  Hill will be warming up, etc,  Visions of Mahomes dealing will be dancing in people's head....weather will probably not be an issue....relax...the boys will do what they do....

Line up slightly. 54-54.5  was 53-53.5 earlier today.   65% of Division games go under.  Thursday night so hard to predict. 

Yikes.  It could happen.  I guess. 
IIRC, West used to get a lot of 3rd down work in his last tour with KC. I remember him being pretty good a pass protection. It wouldn't shock me if he got a higher snap percentage than most anticipate. HAven't seen enough of Williams to know how he is in PP

IIRC, West used to get a lot of 3rd down work in his last tour with KC. I remember him being pretty good a pass protection. It wouldn't shock me if he got a higher snap percentage than most anticipate. HAven't seen enough of Williams to know how he is in PP
I’d assume fairly well if he was the Dolphins 3rd down back. 

Rivers or Allen for me ugh
Had to pick up a QB last night due to potential weather for Rivers tonight.  Looked at Allen, Foles etc and decided to go with Carr.  So it's either him vs the Bengals or roll with Rivers.  I do think Rivers will throw 50-60 times.  That could mean 3 picks, 3 TD's or both (I'd take both).  I do think Chiefs will pin their ears back and come early and often.  Sucks I have Gordon/Ekeler too and was just praying to get to this matchup.  Now not so much.  Feel like I'm at a poker table, our nemesis went all in and now it's time to decide call or fold.  

Had to pick up a QB last night due to potential weather for Rivers tonight.  Looked at Allen, Foles etc and decided to go with Carr.  So it's either him vs the Bengals or roll with Rivers.  I do think Rivers will throw 50-60 times.  That could mean 3 picks, 3 TD's or both (I'd take both).  I do think Chiefs will pin their ears back and come early and often.  Sucks I have Gordon/Ekeler too and was just praying to get to this matchup.  Now not so much.  Feel like I'm at a poker table, our nemesis went all in and now it's time to decide call or fold.  
Derek Carr??? Hard to believe you would consider benching Rivers for Carr.

Derek Carr??? Hard to believe you would consider benching Rivers for Carr.
Last 2 weeks he's been better than Rivers.  Almost 600 yards 5 TDs no picks vs Chiefs and Steelers.  Nelson back healthy.  Bengals weak.  Carr put up 44 points on the road at Cleveland on the road so it's not just success at home.  Got to admit I was shaken watching Rivers revert back to bad habits other than the first drive of the game last week.  He was staring down receivers, several near picks, etc.  

Last 2 weeks he's been better than Rivers.  Almost 600 yards 5 TDs no picks vs Chiefs and Steelers.  Nelson back healthy.  Bengals weak.  Carr put up 44 points on the road at Cleveland on the road so it's not just success at home.  Got to admit I was shaken watching Rivers revert back to bad habits other than the first drive of the game last week.  He was staring down receivers, several near picks, etc.  
Understood.  Just hard to imagine playing Carr after all those ugly weeks I remember earlier this year.  I hate TNF games too, my guys always seem to underperform in them.  I am starting Rivers and Allen and probably Tyreek Hill.  Rodgers at Chicago makes Rivers an easy call.

The Chiefs have owned both the Chargers and Rivers. What is it, 9nin a row? So the trend is the trend for a reason, Chargers and Rivers are due. 

You're welcome. :bowtie:

Jackson wide open for a 1st down on that INT. Rivers knew who he was throwing to before the snap. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread