Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gottabesweet

Week 15 - TNF - Chargers @ Chiefs

Recommended Posts

Lots riding on this one, both fantasy wise and NFL wise.

The line has dropped from 56.5 over/under to 53.5 in 16 hours. Looks like freezing rain, 30 degrees and 16mph winds.

A lot of injury concerns:  Ware and Hill are banged up but likely to play.  Gordon and Ekeler banged up and trending toward being out as of now.

Are we starting Rivers this week and if so over whom?

Who are you starting Ware over?  Any other decisions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Some talk coming out (Tweets) that Gordon may go

Last I saw this morning was that he wasn't going to play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, G-King said:

Probably Luck over Rivers, I hate early games. If Wentz can throw 3 TDs on Dallas I would think Luck will too.

Rivers vs. Rodgers @ Chicago is my decision, unless I want to get cute with Lamar Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BearsFan4Life said:

That weather scares me, but have no choice as I am rolling with Mahomes, KAllen, and Kelce tonight...nothing like make or break in your semifinal match on Thursday night already...ugh

Same Rivers, K. Allen,  and then deciding between 2 of:   Melvin Gordon, Damian Williams, Justin Jackson, Chubb, and OBJ.

The Thursday/Sat mixed with injuries is killing me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, matuski said:

I need KC to come out and hand the ball to Charcandrick West 35 times.

Yikes.  It could happen.  I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I've got Gordon or Ware plus Tyreek, all nicked up for tonight's game.  And my opponent has Kelce. Saw elsewhere that Kelce hasn't done a lot against the Chargers so hoping that trend continues.  Tyreek being on the field will hep that. 

Stupidly cut Damien for Darrel last week and couldn't get him back this week so I picked up Chark West, but if Gordon and Ware both sit, I'm more likely to try Frank Gore or Jalen Richard, I think.

As noted above, I'd much prefer a clear "inactive" for the RBs than having them out there for 10 snaps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as it gets closer to game time....people will quit freaking out.  Hill will be warming up, etc,  Visions of Mahomes dealing will be dancing in people's head....weather will probably not be an issue....relax...the boys will do what they do....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line up slightly. 54-54.5  was 53-53.5 earlier today.   65% of Division games go under.  Thursday night so hard to predict. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Yikes.  It could happen.  I guess. 

IIRC, West used to get a lot of 3rd down work in his last tour with KC. I remember him being pretty good a pass protection. It wouldn't shock me if he got a higher snap percentage than most anticipate. HAven't seen enough of Williams to know how he is in PP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

IIRC, West used to get a lot of 3rd down work in his last tour with KC. I remember him being pretty good a pass protection. It wouldn't shock me if he got a higher snap percentage than most anticipate. HAven't seen enough of Williams to know how he is in PP

I’d assume fairly well if he was the Dolphins 3rd down back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Rivers or Allen for me ugh

Had to pick up a QB last night due to potential weather for Rivers tonight.  Looked at Allen, Foles etc and decided to go with Carr.  So it's either him vs the Bengals or roll with Rivers.  I do think Rivers will throw 50-60 times.  That could mean 3 picks, 3 TD's or both (I'd take both).  I do think Chiefs will pin their ears back and come early and often.  Sucks I have Gordon/Ekeler too and was just praying to get to this matchup.  Now not so much.  Feel like I'm at a poker table, our nemesis went all in and now it's time to decide call or fold.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

The sharps hammered the under on this one when it came out at 56.

Yep, it got down to 53-53.5 but just checked and it's around 54-54.5  - Curious what it does right before kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Had to pick up a QB last night due to potential weather for Rivers tonight.  Looked at Allen, Foles etc and decided to go with Carr.  So it's either him vs the Bengals or roll with Rivers.  I do think Rivers will throw 50-60 times.  That could mean 3 picks, 3 TD's or both (I'd take both).  I do think Chiefs will pin their ears back and come early and often.  Sucks I have Gordon/Ekeler too and was just praying to get to this matchup.  Now not so much.  Feel like I'm at a poker table, our nemesis went all in and now it's time to decide call or fold.  

Derek Carr??? Hard to believe you would consider benching Rivers for Carr.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Judge Smails said:

So cold at 38 degrees but otherwise weather a non-factor?

yeah - 30% chance at rain at kickoff, then each quarter it goes down.  Wind still at 13mph from what I saw.  A couple locals are in the game thread said it shouldn't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Derek Carr??? Hard to believe you would consider benching Rivers for Carr.

Last 2 weeks he's been better than Rivers.  Almost 600 yards 5 TDs no picks vs Chiefs and Steelers.  Nelson back healthy.  Bengals weak.  Carr put up 44 points on the road at Cleveland on the road so it's not just success at home.  Got to admit I was shaken watching Rivers revert back to bad habits other than the first drive of the game last week.  He was staring down receivers, several near picks, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Last 2 weeks he's been better than Rivers.  Almost 600 yards 5 TDs no picks vs Chiefs and Steelers.  Nelson back healthy.  Bengals weak.  Carr put up 44 points on the road at Cleveland on the road so it's not just success at home.  Got to admit I was shaken watching Rivers revert back to bad habits other than the first drive of the game last week.  He was staring down receivers, several near picks, etc.  

Understood.  Just hard to imagine playing Carr after all those ugly weeks I remember earlier this year.  I hate TNF games too, my guys always seem to underperform in them.  I am starting Rivers and Allen and probably Tyreek Hill.  Rodgers at Chicago makes Rivers an easy call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chiefs have owned both the Chargers and Rivers. What is it, 9nin a row? So the trend is the trend for a reason, Chargers and Rivers are due. 

You're welcome. :bowtie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson wide open for a 1st down on that INT. Rivers knew who he was throwing to before the snap. 

Edited by Milkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

That was Aaron Rodgers-esque by Mahomes.  Wow

 

3 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Mahomes is ... wow.

Like a mix of Rodgers and Favre. Athleticism and escapability (bit quicker at this point than Rodgers) with the craziness of Favre.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, conlilnew said:

Should have said they own him at Arrowhead.

It was him or Wilson for me and after last weeks turd from him, no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.