Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gottabesweet

Week 15 - TNF - Chargers @ Chiefs

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

It wasn’t though. The poor officiating tainted it and determined the outcome 

Agree poor officiating.  Other than the make up call for the helmet to helmet defenseless player every call went the Chiefs way.  And the Chargers still won. So don't think it determined the outcome.  Outcome was in spite of the officiating.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

So if he was going to go for 2 there, why in God's name would he not go for 2 on the previous TD? Makes no sense to me at all.    :shrug: 

I'd definitely want it to be last play of the game if I'm Lynn. You have to get there first, and a failed 2PC is game over right there on the first of two trailing TDs.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

I'd definitely want it to be last play of the game if I'm Lynn. You have to get there first, and a failed 2PC is game over right there on the first of two trailing TDs.

No, after pulling to within 28-20, a failed two point attempt still leaves it a 1-score game. See also: Tom Osbourne’s Cornhuskers similarly employing suboptimal strategy in the Orange Bowl (was it 1980?)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

Not following you.  How would the game be over if they failed the first 2 point conversion?  They would still only be down by 8.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Not following you.  How would the game be over if they failed the first 2 point conversion?  They would still only be down by 8.  

it forces another 2 point conv for the last play.

I would assume coaches want the OPTION to either tie the game or go for the win on the last play.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SpruceGoose said:

I would assume coaches want the OPTION to either tie the game or go for the win on the last play.  

this

10 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Agree poor officiating.  Other than the make up call for the helmet to helmet defenseless player every call went the Chiefs way.  And the Chargers still won. So don't think it determined the outcome.  Outcome was in spite of the officiating.

To be fair, there was a defensive holding call against KC on Gates in the first half on a failed 3rd and 4 (I could be wrong on distance) that was pretty big and it sure looked ticky tack from the angles I saw. But overall, I agree more calls went KC's way than LAC's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpruceGoose said:

Terrible decision.  If you are going to go for 2, it is absolutely better to go for it on the first TD.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:
12 hours ago, Engelberg said:

Wow, Chefs took it raw . Royal screw job... Holy ####

While those two calls/no-calls at the end were pretty brutal, I'm not sure how anyone can say that it was a screw job after the two terrible defensive holding calls extended the Chiefs' last scoring drive twice and the refs failed to call two pretty obvious helmet to helmet hits against the Chiefs on Los Angeles's last drive.

The refs we're just really really terrible all around tonight. The officiating has been a joke all year and seems to be declining as the year progresses.

:goodposting: 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rick6668 said:

Terrible decision.  If you are going to go for 2, it is absolutely better to go for it on the first TD.

Well, you coach your NFL the way you want.

7 hours ago, SpruceGoose said:

This has been covered in great detail in another thread so I’m not going to debate it here.  I disagree with you.

• Like 1

There's no reason to be upset. The Chargers will never win a SB with Rivers as their QB. They will face too many good pass rushing teams that will cause Rivers to much trouble. 

12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

There's no reason to be upset. The Chargers will never win a SB with Rivers as their QB. They will face too many good pass rushing teams that will cause Rivers to much trouble. 

Lol at the hyperbole. He just beat Blitz-burgh and the Chiefs on the road. A few halftime adjustments last night and he was fine.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Milkman said:

From who exactly? Let's start from those likely in the AFC playoffs.  KC? We saw what they had last night.  Tough, especially at home but can be beat.  Pitt? Nope. NE? Nope. Texans if they make it that far? Maybe with Watt and Clowney.  Ravens? Tough if they make it and we'll get a preview next week.  NFC? The Bears. Who else? Saints or Rams can be beat.

Truth is the Chargers, if everyone is healthy, are a team to be reckoned with.  Most balance they've ever had.  Great running game with Gordon, many WR options and a defense getting stronger with Bosa now (let's talk about that pass rush with Ingram).  Rivers can definitely win the SuperBowl.  That being said, do I wish he can learn to throw the ball away instead of taking those 5 yard sacks all the time? Yes.  2nd and 10 is much easier than 2nd and 15.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

From who exactly? Let's start from those likely in the AFC playoffs.  KC? We saw what they had last night.  Tough, especially at home but can be beat.  Pitt? Nope. NE? Nope. Texans if they make it that far? Maybe with Watt and Clowney.  Ravens? Tough if they make it and we'll get a preview next week.  NFC? The Bears. Who else? Saints or Rams can be beat.

Truth is the Chargers, if everyone is healthy, are a team to be reckoned with.  Most balance they've ever had.  Great running game with Gordon, many WR options and a defense getting stronger with Bosa now (let's talk about that pass rush with Ingram).  Rivers can definitely win the SuperBowl.  That being said, do I wish he can learn to throw the ball away instead of taking those 5 yard sacks all the time? Yes.  2nd and 10 is much easier than 2nd and 15.

Nah he won't ever get through all those great pass rush defenses. His weakness (extending plays) will be his downfall. 

Edited by Milkman

15 hours ago, Milkman said:

There was a time a few years back when I will say Rivers was limited due to hearing footsteps, even when he was only imagining them. Now, I'm surprised by how cool he is when he has a guy in his face and another one tugging at his waist or arm. Players who have the opportunity to be in the league a while adjust and evolve and learn, and so has Rivers. People said Peyton Manning would never win a Super Bowl... until he did.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, Moonshine said:

Absolutely, and I dont disagree that it's frustrating. I'm afforded a calmer perspective because I'm already out of the playoffs, but the fact remains...One of your players is guaranteed a stinker now, but playoff luck says there's a good chance one of theirs might too.  Hold out hope my friend!

The weekend is too long to feel miserable the whole time because of fantasy football!

Good advice !  Turns out I wound up winning a close match up anyways as my opponent had Aaron Jones in his line up to offset my Keenan Allen.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Good advice !  Turns out I wound up winning a close match up anyways as my opponent had Aaron Jones in his line up to offset my Keenan Allen.  

Excellent, that's fantastic!

At some point, throwing in the towel is the only option (imagine if you started Keenan Allen, Adam Thielen, Aaron Jones, Saquon Barkley, Lamar Miller, Winston and Gronk this week), but sooooo much can happen between Thursday night and Monday. One player does not make or break a fantasy week (usually).

• Like 1