What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your top 3 WRs next year, and when do you pick them? (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Let's assume PPR...

Candidates are M Thomas, Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Julio, Hill, 

I'd say Thelien, Keenan Allen, OB Jr, and TY Hilton sit in that second tier...

Also, I think that Gurley, Barkley, Elliott, Kamara may go before them...

What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
My top 3 would be Hopkins, Hill, and Brown.  I'd probably put them 1.04-1.06 behind Gurley/Barkley/Zeke  

My top 3 would be Hopkins, Hill, and Brown.  I'd probably put them 1.04-1.06 behind Gurley/Barkley/Zeke  

Hill, AB, Adams. Just missed: Hopkins, Thielen & Mike Thomas

Let's assume PPR...

Candidates are M Thomas, Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Julio, Hill, 

I'd say Thelien, Keenan Allen, OB Jr, and TY Hilton sit in that second tier...

Also, I think that Gurley, Barkley, Elliott, Kamara may go before them...

What say you?
Why is everyone leaving this year's #1 fantasy WR out of their top 3?

It seems like every year we say it's deeper at WR, but there's 10 WR's I could justify taking in the first round.  Insane depth at the top this year.

Current PPR order of scoring:
Thielen
Hill
Adams
Thomas
Julio
Brown
Juju
Hop
Allen
OBJ

Think it drops down a bit after that.

Hill and Adams are 2 and 3 and have been listed quite a bit.
I was referring to the OP and to Adams and Thielen (#2 and #3 in PPR).  Thielen was listed outside of the "candidates" in tier 2 and Adams was not even listed as in the top 2 tiers.

Adams for me has long term concerns because he is more situation dependent but in redraft he's a lock top 3 for me.

I was referring to the OP and to Adams and Thielen (#2 and #3 in PPR).  Thielen was listed outside of the "candidates" in tier 2 and Adams was not even listed as in the top 2 tiers.

Adams for me has long term concerns because he is more situation dependent but in redraft he's a lock top 3 for me.
I've got Thielen at #1 in PPR in my league, weird.  But that whole top 3 is pretty much identical.

I've got Thielen at #1 in PPR in my league, weird.  But that whole top 3 is pretty much identical.
Yeah all 3 are within a single point of each other.  Must be a difference in the scoring of fumbles or something between our two leagues.

These rankings are for 2019 redrafts.

My top 3 are Hill, Hopkins and Adams......in no particular order.

Then there is a wide 2nd tier which would include OBJ, Thielen, Julio, AB, Smith Schuster, M Thomas, Cooper, TY, and K Allen....in no particular order.

I would not consider any WR until around pick 9 or 10.....depending on whether Bell goes to a good landing spot like IND.  Once you get past RB9, it starts getting dicey. 

As it stands right now I'd have a first round of 

1 Gurley
2 Barkley
3 Zeke
4 Hopkins (I think he's the most talented WR in the league and will improve with more time with Watson)
5 Hill (love love his talent but juuuuuust a bit too volatile week to week to be WR1 overall IMO)
6 CMC
7 Brown (model of consistency #1)
8 Thielen (can't deny what he's doing this year, but I can't put him top 3 personally bc of Diggs presence and Cousins' inconsistency)
9 Kamara
10 Adams (model of consistency #2)
11 Thomas
12 Gordon

As it stands right now I'd have a first round of 

1 Gurley
2 Barkley
3 Zeke
4 Hopkins (I think he's the most talented WR in the league and will improve with more time with Watson)
5 Hill (love love his talent but juuuuuust a bit too volatile week to week to be WR1 overall IMO)
6 CMC
7 Brown (model of consistency #1)
8 Thielen (can't deny what he's doing this year, but I can't put him top 3 personally bc of Diggs presence and Cousins' inconsistency)
9 Kamara
10 Adams (model of consistency #2)
11 Thomas
12 Gordon
I like it. I wonder if we start to see AB fade and JuJu ascend next season? It's starting to happen already.

Strongly agree with this.  JuJu is cruising and Brown's age is catching up with him.  Happens to the best of us.  I'd take JuJu.
Or is AB still commanding more attention from defenses, #1 CB, etc, etc?  I'm not asking like I know btw, seriously just wondering/asking.

Why isn't Julio higher? To me the most important thing I want from my early round picks is guaranteed production. The dude is a lock for 80/1,400 every year (he is already at 94/1400 this year, plus he has 100 yards in 9 of 13 games and another with 96) and he has finally proven that the TD thing was a statistical fluke.

I do a fantasy preview in August for some radio station that I don't think anyone listens to but if anyone was listening for once they'd have heard me tell all dynasty league players to get Hill because in 2 years he'd be the #1WR in fantasy football. I think I seriously lowballed him.

For me it's Hill as the #1 WR next year,  would likely go Adams at #2 and just not sure right now on third guy.

Also not sure how many RB's would need to be gone before I'd pick a WR but if everyone was healthy and no major RB additions I think I'd be hard pressed to take a WR over Gurley, Barkley, Elliot, CMC, Melvin Gordon and Kamara so likely nothing I consider until at least pick 7.

Top 10 WR in PPR the past 6 weeks (based on PPG):
Hill, Cooper, Allen, JuJu, Hilton, Julio, Adams, Thomas, Brown, Diggs

These rankings are for 2019 redrafts.

My top 3 are Hill, Hopkins and Adams......in no particular order.

Then there is a wide 2nd tier which would include OBJ, Thielen, Julio, AB, Smith Schuster, M Thomas, Cooper, TY, and K Allen....in no particular order.

I would not consider any WR until around pick 9 or 10.....depending on whether Bell goes to a good landing spot like IND.  Once you get past RB9, it starts getting dicey. 
This right here. Then it is Hopkins, Hill, M Thomas, Adams, Thielen and Juju in no particular order. Super excited to be drafting near the turn. 

If I must:

Hill

Juju

M Thomas

Adams

Hopkins

Thielen

Or is AB still commanding more attention from defenses, #1 CB, etc, etc?  I'm not asking like I know btw, seriously just wondering/asking.
It kind of reminds me of Harrison/Wayne a bit. Wayne never passed Harrison until it was clear Harrison was done. I think the same will apply here. Good chance Brown hits a big resurgence, the second teams start to treat them as equals.

Here's my first round for next year:

1. RB Todd Gurley
2. RB Saquon Barkley
3. RB Christian McCaffrey
4. RB Ezekiel Elliott
5. RB Alvin Kamara
6. RB Melvin Gordon
7. WR Michael Thoms
8. WR Tyreek Hill
9. WR Julio Jones
10. WR DeAndre Hopkins
11. WR Adam Thielen
12. WR Davante Adams

Bell might jump ahead of the WRs once his situation settles down.

Hopkins
T Hill
A Brown
Julio
Thielen
D Adams
OBJ
M Thomas

In that order. It could change tomorrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread