What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Justin Jackson over _______ (subject to Gordon being out) (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
PPR; Sony Michel, Marlon Mack, Gus Edwards, Alshon Jeffrey, & Chris Carson (if James Conner plays, then Carson will have to sit, but I have to assume Conner is out for now and put Jackson in tonight).

Lamar Miller in another league (TBD)

In the other thread, it seemed you were leaning Williams. Why are you leaning JJ?
I'll probably go back a bunch of times but now I'm worried about Andy Reid being Andy Reid.  The other Williams got OT work last week, and Reid likes West and may help split the carries as Damian's career best was 11 carries. 

Jackson should get 70% of the carries, they tried getting him going even last week and he got 7 carries but only 12 yards.  Did catch 2-23-0.

I'll probably go back a bunch of times but now I'm worried about Andy Reid being Andy Reid.  The other Williams got OT work last week, and Reid likes West and may help split the carries as Damian's career best was 11 carries. 

Jackson should get 70% of the carries, they tried getting him going even last week and he got 7 carries but only 12 yards.  Did catch 2-23-0.
They did not try to get him going, he only came in to spell Ekeler. The only drives he started were inside their own 5 yard line and the final drive after the onside kick when Ekeler got hurt and the box was stuffed. 

Starting Jackson/Zeke, benching Williams for Lamar in the flex as of this minute............

My oppenent has Rivers so the threat of JJ getting a receiving TD pushes him over Williams/Lamar for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did not try to get him going, he only came in to spell Ekeler. The only drives he started were inside their own 5 yard line and the final drive after the onside kick when Ekeler got hurt and the box was stuffed. 
So now he’ll be Ekeler this week.  Same touches? 

This is my hope in starting him. Ekeler is JAG, imo - Hope Jackson gets a chance to shine. His pass blocking is suspect, which is a concern, but his receiving is on point. 
I think Ekeler is more than a JAG. He’s behind a very good RB. Ekeler is more than a scat back. Luckily Gates is a vet that hopefully can help chip. 

I've been going back and forth between Ingram and Jackson all week. I currently have Ingram in.

so I guess I shouldn't be posting in this thread...

This is my hope in starting him. Ekeler is JAG, imo - Hope Jackson gets a chance to shine. His pass blocking is suspect, which is a concern, but his receiving is on point. 
Yeah I don’t consider Ekeler a JAG at all. He has done very well in his role. He may be better as a pass catcher and outside the box, but he does those well. 

Not starting at this time. I currently am starting Cook, Min & Mixon, Cin over him in a start 2 max. RB league. I so much want to start Jackson as I see 20+ touches for him plus receiving yardage in a fairly high-scoring game, but can't see it over these 2 guys.

I have him in 2 leagues (standard) and will start him ahead of Ingram, Miller and Mack.  If Gordon is a go, then Jackson will sit. 

People are hyped over Jackson because of 8 carries two weeks ago...  If he is a JAG.   You could be in store for the same thing that happened in 2016 - Kenneth farrow.... 

Fool me twice I guess because I currently have him in over Evans and d Williams in 0.5ppr

People are hyped over Jackson because of 8 carries two weeks ago...  If he is a JAG.   You could be in store for the same thing that happened in 2016 - Kenneth farrow.... 

Fool me twice I guess because I currently have him in over Evans and d Williams in 0.5ppr
Hey don't forget the receptions!

KC is giving up a ton of production to RBs both on the ground and through the air. 

and the game s/b a shootout.
read somewhere earlier this week that 65% of Divisional games hit the under this year and if it's the second meeting it's 87% or something percent.  The line was 56 and since dipped to 53, now it's at 54.  So I'm guessing some late money will push the over/under down a bit.

Justin Jackson in over S. Ware and K .Dixon and C. Edmonds

At least I don't have a difficult decision :lmao:  

Assuming Gordon is out, Starting him over Drake.   Also needing to start Damien Williams with Connor out.

That’s a little steep imo. I’m around Michel, Jeffrey, & Mack.

Lamar Miller in another league.
Mixon possibly yes with his matchup, but Chubb is against one of the toughest run Ds this season. KC is one of the easiest. Jackson stands to get a lot of possible targets in the passing game too (I'm in PPR)

I'll likely just go with Chubb but it's tempting. Guy could get 7-8 receptions easy if he's involved in the passing game

Starting all 3

Chubb has managed decent results against tough Ds recently
Yeah, picking three between Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Jackson, Ware (D). Shouldn't make this decision difficult on myself. I always over think in the playoffs. 

Chubb has done well against all defenses so I should probably just leave it be. 

Choosing one of him ,  Cook , fournette 

i have a good mind to start him over both but I can’t fully  wrap head around losing with a guy on my team two weeks. Ask me who has best chance of a 100 and a Td. JJ honestly 

Anyone considering over Mixon or Chubb? 
I have both of them in redraft - and not considering benching them but I also can start 3 RBs and considering benching David Johnson for Jackson. Not sure I can do it but DJ really hasn’t been all that great.

Not starting at this time. I currently am starting Cook, Min & Mixon, Cin over him in a start 2 max. RB league. I so much want to start Jackson as I see 20+ touches for him plus receiving yardage in a fairly high-scoring game, but can't see it over these 2 guys.

I'm in the same situation. I'm starting Kamara and Mixon at RB1 and 2.

I have David Johnson at flex and am thinking about Jackson, but I think the always-possible (but rarely achieved this year) upside of DJ is just too much.  At least my opponent who has Gordon and Ekeler won't have him.

Users who are viewing this thread