What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Lego League- Kids need help (1 Viewer)

First Lego League has a robot game, a project, and core values. 

The robot is built with the Mindstorm lego system.  I can/will post the game next week.  The game board is barely visible behind them in the presentation.

This years theme is "In to Orbit".  They needed a project to help long term space travel.  They need to do a 5 minute presentation of their project and then they will get judged on the project.  They will be asked questions after the presentation.

thanks again for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst Lego league ever!  I'm thinking of starting an XLL, "less science more Legos".

This is probably a great learning experience for the kids.  Not just the science, but creating media, presentation skills, etc.

Thanks All.  They did well at the competition.  Then yesterday came up with a better idea for the presentation, too late.  Should have done it as an infomercial.

For the ones that want to see some legos.

robot run

Thanks All.  They did well at the competition.  Then yesterday came up with a better idea for the presentation, too late.  Should have done it as an infomercial.

For the ones that want to see some legos.

robot run
Never too late.  They aren't doing only one competition, are they?  I hope not.  The more experience, the better.  Even if they don't use their idea this year, they can stash the concept for the future.

Robot run looked a little rough...I hope they got a better run in.  If not, there is plenty to learn from for next time!  Good luck

I read this quick and thought it was about an old negro baseball league but with kids playing.  Wow, I gotta slow down.  

Never too late.  They aren't doing only one competition, are they?  I hope not.  The more experience, the better.  Even if they don't use their idea this year, they can stash the concept for the future.

Robot run looked a little rough...I hope they got a better run in.  If not, there is plenty to learn from for next time!  Good luck
There is only one competition. 

The robot run was rough.  At the home table 9 out of 10 perfect runs.  At the practice table 10 minutes earlier, 2 perfect runs in a row.

This run ended up as their best, but only 30% worked.  And then the ref/judge acted a jerk to them.

There is only one competition. 

The robot run was rough.  At the home table 9 out of 10 perfect runs.  At the practice table 10 minutes earlier, 2 perfect runs in a row.

This run ended up as their best, but only 30% worked.  And then the ref/judge acted a jerk to them.
Is that by choice?  If so, I encourage you to enter more competitions.  IIRC (I coach FTC now) we always entered two qualifiers in FLL which lead to the regional tournament.  If you stumbled at one, you could regroup, improve and take another swing.  If you only have one available to you, you need to get your state/region on the ball...  That is too much work for one and done IMO.

ETA...
Actually, now that I think back, you were only allowed to enter one qualifier tournament which lead to the regional event if you qualified.  We always entered a couple of scrimmages each year...that is how we gained experienced before the actual qualifier.

Users who are viewing this thread