Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
brettdj

First Lego League- Kids need help

Recommended Posts

My kid's team could use a little viewing help.  Please view

Presentation Video

They need to share their project with others.  Their competition is tomorrow and they would like 100 views before it. 

thanks

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where were the legos. Just a bunch of science talk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Lego League has a robot game, a project, and core values. 

The robot is built with the Mindstorm lego system.  I can/will post the game next week.  The game board is barely visible behind them in the presentation.

This years theme is "In to Orbit".  They needed a project to help long term space travel.  They need to do a 5 minute presentation of their project and then they will get judged on the project.  They will be asked questions after the presentation.

 

thanks again for looking

Edited by brettdj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst Lego league ever!  I'm thinking of starting an XLL, "less science more Legos".

This is probably a great learning experience for the kids.  Not just the science, but creating media, presentation skills, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks All.  They did well at the competition.  Then yesterday came up with a better idea for the presentation, too late.  Should have done it as an infomercial.

For the ones that want to see some legos.

 

robot run

Edited by brettdj
link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brettdj said:

Thanks All.  They did well at the competition.  Then yesterday came up with a better idea for the presentation, too late.  Should have done it as an infomercial.

For the ones that want to see some legos.

 

robot run

Never too late.  They aren't doing only one competition, are they?  I hope not.  The more experience, the better.  Even if they don't use their idea this year, they can stash the concept for the future.

Robot run looked a little rough...I hope they got a better run in.  If not, there is plenty to learn from for next time!  Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, AcerFC said:

Where were the legos. Just a bunch of science talk

Did not deliver 

 

 

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read this quick and thought it was about an old negro baseball league but with kids playing.  Wow, I gotta slow down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Galileo said:

Never too late.  They aren't doing only one competition, are they?  I hope not.  The more experience, the better.  Even if they don't use their idea this year, they can stash the concept for the future.

Robot run looked a little rough...I hope they got a better run in.  If not, there is plenty to learn from for next time!  Good luck

There is only one competition. 

The robot run was rough.  At the home table 9 out of 10 perfect runs.  At the practice table 10 minutes earlier, 2 perfect runs in a row.

This run ended up as their best, but only 30% worked.  And then the ref/judge acted a jerk to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, brettdj said:

There is only one competition. 

The robot run was rough.  At the home table 9 out of 10 perfect runs.  At the practice table 10 minutes earlier, 2 perfect runs in a row.

This run ended up as their best, but only 30% worked.  And then the ref/judge acted a jerk to them.

Is that by choice?  If so, I encourage you to enter more competitions.  IIRC (I coach FTC now) we always entered two qualifiers in FLL which lead to the regional tournament.  If you stumbled at one, you could regroup, improve and take another swing.  If you only have one available to you, you need to get your state/region on the ball...  That is too much work for one and done IMO.

 

ETA...
Actually, now that I think back, you were only allowed to enter one qualifier tournament which lead to the regional event if you qualified.  We always entered a couple of scrimmages each year...that is how we gained experienced before the actual qualifier.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.