What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official CBD Oil Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Have you used CBD Oil?

• YES

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • NO

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters
Following.  I've been wanting to try it primarily for recovery/anti-inflammatory properties, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.  But I know several people that use it and think it helps.

I gave it to my dog when he was injured and unable to exercise, both for the above reason and to try and chill him out a bit (18 month old Husky mix).  Not really sure if it helped or not - he was still kind of a spaz, but maybe he would've been more of a spaz without it.

I have a family member that has been using it for chronic pain.  She reports that the bad days are down from a 9 to a 7, so it seems to be helping a bit.

Another family member uses it for anxiety, and says it helps take the edge off when she'd otherwise be very anxious to the point of panic attacks.

So I was teaching a RE estate class two weeks ago. The subject came up out of the blue.  Was amazed when 15 of 18 people there said they were using it for various reasons. Not even legal in Idaho.   But only have to go an hour into Oregon to pick some up.

Seriously considering it for both my psoriatic arthritis and to help my teenage son with his chronic tension/migraine headaches.

So I was teaching a RE estate class two weeks ago. The subject came up out of the blue.  Was amazed when 15 of 18 people there said they were using it for various reasons. Not even legal in Idaho.   But only have to go an hour into Oregon to pick some up.
I thought it was legal everywhere now, but just looked it up and ID is one of only three states (NE, SD) where it still isn't.  That's crazy.  

Seriously considering it for both my psoriatic arthritis and to help my teenage son with his chronic tension/migraine headaches.
I was getting headaches withdrawing from Norco pain killers for my knee this week.   It was the only thing that got rid of them.

So I picked some up for the first time three months ago on a trip to Oregon Coast.

Three years ago next month, I slipped and fell on some black ice showing a home. Suffered a concussion that gave me a headache for 40 days and I never get headaches.

Found out my brain fluids were being blocked and went through a procedure to correct that.  Concussion healed about 90% immediately and 99% within a month.

For over two years, that last little bit would not heal. Kept aggravating with tiny concussions bending down, any time I coughed, and a few other things. When we had the fire smoke for a month in August, it flared up my bronchitis and I coughed many times every day. The little concussions were annoying and maddening.  All the doctors had no idea how to fix it and said rest would be the only thing.  That gets old after discussing it for over two years.

Took some CBD oil and it fixed it instantly.   Pain has gone away.  No pain when I cough.    

I have a script that can also be used for oil, flower or capsules.

I prefer to vape, but when the pain is severe, I have capsules (oil) that measure out at 8% THC and 21% CBD (or very close to it, I can snap a pic when I get home). There are several oil/capsule strains I have available, but this one is my fave.

Do they work? For a lot of things, primarily pain and anxiety. 

But they give me weird dreams, whereas vaping the flower does not. 

I read something somewhere recently that talked about how CBD oil taxes the liver?  Or kidneys?   The point of the discussion was that you're probably better off getting some CBD nugs and toking then using these oil mixtures they come up with. 

Recently speaking to some people and the concern is the potency\percentage varies wildly due to no regulation. Some places sell the oil that have less than 1% while other places have 8%. No labeling so you can't be sure about the quality.

I would never eat an edible or such that I know didnt come from a lab.

Ive seen a well versed drug user have an absolute breakdown due to what we imagine was a massive THC overload in his brownie, whereas a less experienced user, eating a brownie from the same source had a slightly above average buzz

I recently bought some that also has a small percentage of THC to help absorption for my dog who was recently diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. It's helped her, but it's hard to tell exactly with all other other meds she's on.

Wife started taking this recently.  She hasn't expressed noticing too much of a difference but as a casual observer I've seen a few things that are either coincidences or positive side effects.  Hoping the later but we'll see.  She started taking it based on a recommendation from someone - her driver was some pain and anxiety issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was legal everywhere now, but just looked it up and ID is one of only three states (NE, SD) where it still isn't.  That's crazy.  
Careful with this.  I thought it was fine in TX but turns out it is only legal for very specific and prescribed situations (despite being sold openly day in and day out by several retailers in my area and a TX company mail order sending them to my TX address).  How do I know?  The CPS detective explained it to me when they decided not to prosecute me for giving one gummy to my 14 yo suffering from anxiety.

Anyone sussed out what brands are best? It would be for anxiety for a family member. It's like the wild west out there online so I'm thinking word of mouth is the best avenue re recommendations. 

One of my daughters friends is in the business and gave me some products. I tried the oil a few times and felt nothing.  But the ointment on sore muscles works 5 times better than icy hot.

I’ve been using a 10:1 CBD:THC tincture for 1 1/2 years now, and it works great for me. I use it for an old back injury (herniated disc wit related sciatica) and have been able to completely cut out pain killers. I haven’t had to take ibuprofen for anything at all since last summer, and am now largely pain free for the first time since I was 18. It also helps with sleep and anxiety without making you high.

I recently bought some that also has a small percentage of THC to help absorption for my dog who was recently diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. It's helped her, but it's hard to tell exactly with all other other meds she's on.
The small amount of THC is important for maximum effect (on humans), based on current thinking. The CB1 and CB2 receptors are more reactive to THC than CBD, so when used in conjunction, the thinking is that it helps the CBD uptake, and thereby increases its effectiveness. The Entourage Effect (link is to Leafly for those at work). A CBD oil with higher THC and a full terpene (also links to Leafly) profile would work best for intense pain, but those can get you very high, so it’s better suited for nighttime use.

Regular, hemp-derived CBD would be for daytime use. I do find the derivatives from pot plants to work better, but I know everyone doesn’t have that kind of access. I would imagine hemp-derived CBD ingested with a very, very, very small hit would have a similar effect to what I take. Just saying.

For dosing amounts, I have anecdotallly found that 4-6 mg doses seem to equvalate to to about 1-2 ibuprofen worth of pain relief for 4-6 hours. I took 8-10 mg doses after surgery last summer, and that worked great for me.

I think the best method for choosing a CBD from the new legal market is by extraction method. I would look for CO2 extraction over ethanol extraction. If a company boasts “whole plant” extraction, it’s worth a look, imo.

I was getting headaches withdrawing from Norco pain killers for my knee this week.   It was the only thing that got rid of them.
were you ingesting it, or using a cream?  my patellar tendonitis, has been really killing me recently and i'm willing to try anything.  i don't like weed at all, so am hesitant to ingest anything.  

nm.  i see it was for headaches.

Da Guru said:
One of my daughters friends is in the business and gave me some products. I tried the oil a few times and felt nothing.  But the ointment on sore muscles works 5 times better than icy hot.
which one do you use?

:blackdot: slept great after taking gel caps (about 20 mg) the last two nights. back pain while sleeping a non-factor for the first time after years of problems.

could be coincidence but i'm fixing to find out 

I used some CBD/THC lubricant Sunday night. We had a good time for sure, but the next morning I had a serious THC hangover which lasted the whole day. She, meanwhile had no such issue the next day. Go figure. Next time I'll do 2 or 3 squirts instead of 6.🤯 

I've been on the smokable flower for about a month and a half and it's been helpful in pain/inflammation reduction, mood elevation/stress reduction and a deeper, more restful sleep.

I've been on the smokable flower for about a month and a half and it's been helpful in pain/inflammation reduction, mood elevation/stress reduction and a deeper, more restful sleep.
Give your username I would have you pegged as a long time smoker 

https://pluscbdoil.com/cbd-products/cbd-oil-drops/plus-cbd-oil-drops/?sscid=71k3_li0cg

https://www.tuck.com/best-cbd-oils/

guy at the grocery was passing out free 2 cap sample packages. he gave me three. 

looks like the gel caps are retailing at $6 per 2 cap package so i'm going to try out the tincture as it seems a better value.
From what I understand you'll get more absorption from the tincture, so better bang for your buck there as well.  Just be sure to hold it under your tongue for at least a minute before swallowing.

Picked some up on a trip to Colorado recently.  This stuff is not cheap at $140 for the bottle.  I started with a half dose the last 2 nights to ease into it and havent' really noticed anything yet.

A guy I know (he is one of my sister's buddies from high school and he married one of her college roommates, and his mother is one of my mom's best friends) sells cbd oil among other things. I have never tried it, but some people I know have, and they say it works great. He is a health nut, and a stickler about natural ingredients.  He lives in Cary, NC. Anyway, one of his products is called Calm, and people say it works great. There is Calm Premium and Calm Advanced. His business is called Touchstone Essentials.

Concussion healed about 90% immediately and 99% within a month. For over two years, that last little bit would not heal.
This is crazy and an exact parallel situation. I cracked a lumbar disc overtraining heavy squats and dead lifts a few years ago. I chose to do daily physical therapy on my own every day, in my home, en lieu of doctor-recommended surgery. It took about a year to feel halfway decent again, about a year-and-a-half to feel good, and two years to get back to 90%. There was a little bit that just didn't heal. Recently, Urban Hack recommended CBD tincture to some dude in another thread so I bought some. It took me totally by surprise, but within two weeks my back recovery took a huge, unexplained leap to 95% and on pace to 98-99% at the moment.. no doubt that's what it was. Interesting our stories both neurological, too.

This is crazy and an exact parallel situation. I cracked a lumbar disc overtraining heavy squats and dead lifts a few years ago. I chose to do daily physical therapy on my own every day, in my home, en lieu of doctor-recommended surgery. It took about a year to feel halfway decent again, about a year-and-a-half to feel good, and two years to get back to 90%. There was a little bit that just didn't heal. Recently, Urban Hack recommended CBD tincture to some dude in another thread so I bought some. It took me totally by surprise, but within two weeks my back recovery took a huge, unexplained leap to 95% and on pace to 98-99% at the moment.. no doubt that's what it was. Interesting our stories both neurological, too.
that's awesome that it's finally getting better.    The best way I can explain it is that it allowed healing to happen where it might have been blocked before.

Users who are viewing this thread