What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texans @ Jets Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Arodin

Footballguy
Time to kick this thing off! 

Figured I'd make a thread for those of us hanging out here with nothing better to do.

Any chance this ends other than the Texans thoroughly trouncing the Jets?  What are we watching for besides performances from our fantasy players?

Time to kick this thing off! 

Figured I'd make a thread for those of us hanging out here with nothing better to do.

Any chance this ends other than the Texans thoroughly trouncing the Jets?  What are we watching for besides performances from our fantasy players?
No

More "in the grasp" calls is about the only way the NFL can keep it's current "can't hit the QB hard" rules and still give defense a fighting chance.  I think we need to see more calls like that that acknowledge the defender successfully reaching and impeding the QB.  Give them the "sack" on that and the lost opportunities from having to grab and pull the QB instead of knocking him down are eliminated.

Anyone else notice that game ending injuries seem to always happen early in the game, before a player accumulates points? Never seems to happen in the mid 3rd or later after getting 10-20 points. 

Miller getting taped he’ll be back guaranteed. Saw on twitter he’s back on sidelines getting taped up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else notice that game ending injuries seem to always happen early in the game, before a player accumulates points? Never seems to happen in the mid 3rd or later after getting 10-20 points. 
I think when they happen late, we spend the last few drives wondering if they get back in, hearing how they are testing it on the sidelines, but the game ends before we're ready to give them up as gone.  Then they're out the following week.

We just notice the early ones more because they impact the game for longer, and cost us more fantasy stats.  I can recall a few times when a player pulled up lame late in a game this year, but they'd already scored, put up yardage, etc.

I think when they happen late, we spend the last few drives wondering if they get back in, hearing how they are testing it on the sidelines, but the game ends before we're ready to give them up as gone.  Then they're out the following week.

We just notice the early ones more because they impact the game for longer, and cost us more fantasy stats.  I can recall a few times when a player pulled up lame late in a game this year, but they'd already scored, put up yardage, etc.
Spencer Ware

Some really pretty throws by Sam tonight. Seems like he's pressing a lot less now that there's no winning pressure. He can just go out there and play ball since his development is pretty much the only point of these last 4 games

Users who are viewing this thread