What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you pronounce Rudolph? (1 Viewer)

Which option is closest to the way you pronounce Rudolph?

• Rue-doff

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • Rue-dahlf (or dawlf)

Votes: 140 81.9%

• Total voters
I feel like I pronounce the "L" if I'm speaking to somebody who has the name or just in general conversation. However--it does sound like the "L" sound becomes silent in a lot of Christmas music. 

There are sooo many versions of xmas  songs.  I assure you there are variations that have the "L" sound and some that don't. There are just some words that commonly are pronounced different in music than they are in person.  Take the word "baby".  Everybody pretty much pronounces it the same in regular conversation.  However--in music it is commonly pronounced "babe-eh".  The proper pronounciation would feature an "L" sound--but in music--not everything has to be properly pronounced. 

It's like Nabakov. If you feel your tongue doing it, it is. 'Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Rue dawlf.

I also pronounce cardboard as card board instead of card bode and paper as pay per and not pay er.  (How is this even a question?)

So we've learned something about silent or not-so-silent "l's" today. It's apparently a charm school thing.  

Despite a rather wooden style in more than 40 action movies, actor Doff Lundgren is quite intelligent, having earned both bachelors and masters degrees in chemical engineering.  

Last edited by a moderator:
There are sooo many versions of xmas  songs.  I assure you there are variations that have the "L" sound and some that don't. There are just some words that commonly are pronounced different in music than they are in person.  Take the word "baby".  Everybody pretty much pronounces it the same in regular conversation.  However--in music it is commonly pronounced "babe-eh".  The proper pronounciation would feature an "L" sound--but in music--not everything has to be properly pronounced. 
There is no L in baby.  HTH.   

Kyle Rue Dawlf is a TE for the Vikings.

Rue doff is a red nosed reindeer.  At least according to the song.

Users who are viewing this thread