Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyLayne

What do you need on MNF

I may be one of the very few with playoff hopes resting on Ben Watson (ugh)!

Finished last but everyone makes playoffs. Only championship finalists paid (the pot is more weighted toward weekly & end of season pts). Toward end of season decided I wasn't wasting anymore waiver $ on this team. Then won 2 in row to face #1 team. Now need 8 out of Watson to advance. If Lamar Miller hadn't gone out early I'd have already banked the upset. ūüė°

In one league, I need Kamara/Thomas to score more than 9 PPR points combined, which feels like a given. 

In another, I need Kamara to outscore Ingram, and have a 1.5 point cushion. Likely, but crazier things have happened. 

Down 19 worst point total of the year with an undefeated season on the line. I have Kamara, Thomas & Cam Jordan he has McCaffrey & Mike Adams.

Not looking good for the home team but that's why you never give up in FF as the old saying goes any given day.

Down by 5 he has Brees I have DJ Moore. Not looking good for me thanks to Barkley and my mistake of pulling out Engram and Cook for Brate and Chubb right before each players games, oh and for Fairbairn blowing up for 23 points for him. 

I need to find a time machine and go back to before this week and completely change my lineups (although that probably wouldn't help either).  My entire team dropped a huge deuce on my season at the worst possible time. 

• Like 2

UP 4.1 ppr 

I have McCaffrey, he has Dj Moore. Yes I am the favorite(ūü§ě) but Moore did have 15 more points than McCaffrey week 11. Win and I am in the finals

Need 26.25pts, was down 60+ last night before Gurley (36pts) trimmed the lead down. Have CMC, Lutz and Ian Thomas going tonight, he has nobody. Trying to prevent the #7seed from knocking off me the #1 seed, he destroyed the #2 seed last weekend.

I hope I can pull it off, but with my 3 WR's giving me a grand total of 14pts yesterday the feeling is still there.

Edited by sos32

TD heavy league - Ingram and Cam  vs Saints D.

I'm down 22.

I think Ingram has been avg ~ 8 pts and cam 20

and the saints D ~ 7  

So who knows

To go back in time?

Im up by a little and have Samuel left at WR...but he has Kamara and should likely beat me.

Kittle and Lindsay laying eggs really hurt me...but the biggest hurt was defense...I had wisely stacked myself with the Bears all year and picked up Houston a few weeks back to keep other teams from them (and to play the Texans against the Jets this weekend).  Opponent had crap at D all year, picks up Atlanta (who has sucked as a D all year) and they proceed to score 20+ against Arizona. Such is FF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmo87usc said:

Up 50 with no one left.

He has Kamara and Mike Thomas.  So I need a strong drink for MNF.

I'd suggest not watching and just check your phone at midnight.

• Like 1

I need McCaffrey for score 18 (ppr, 1 pt per 5 rushes, weird deflated yardage scoring, no decimal scoring)

in another league I need Brees to score less than 53 (6 pt td)

Edited by larry_boy_44

I need a time machine to go back in time to swap out K Allen for any other healthy WR on my roster (ex. Larry Fitz).

In lieu of that, I am up by 8.4 + Kamara, vs. Cam + MThomas (0.5 ppr league)

It's gonna take an early-season-Kamara-point-explosion to pull this one off. Or a defensive lock down by both teams. Or a miracle. I'll take any of the above.

Edited by joey

I have a fascinating one. 

I'm up 68. Ppr

He has:

McCaffrey 

Cam

DJ Moore

Ian Thomas

I have:

Kamara

I'm feeling very nervous because this time last year I was up 63 and all he had left were Lev Bell  and Boswell on MNF.

Bell got 42 and Boswell 22. On the last play of the game. 

Need Ian Thomas to score less than 5.4. Full ppr. This is for toilet bowl for pick 13. Not gonna watch.

All thanks to my K and D combining for 0 pts.

Edited by Jello_Biafra

10 hours ago, jmo87usc said:

Up 50 with no one left.

He has Kamara and Mike Thomas.  So I need a strong drink for MNF.

I need Kamara/Thomas to outscore Ingram by 35 so we'll meet somewhere in the middle!

• Like 1

I'm the #1 seed in PPR, down by 21.7 points.  He's done, I have Kamara and Lutz.  If just Kamara hits his average (24.0 ppg) i'll be fine, but he hasn't topped 20 points since week 10 at Cincy, which is also the last time he scored a TD.

I'd feel better about Kamara if Payton wasn't trying to demonstrate what a genius he is by getting touchdowns to as many different players as possible.  I'd also feel better about Lutz if not for the trend of all the cool coaches eschewing field goals to go for it on fourth down, or not kicking the PAT to try for two.  And Payton definitely wants to be seen as a cool coach.

I expect to either win by a point or two or lose by the same amount.

6 hours ago, Slider said:

Keep McCaffrey under 27. 

I am in the same boat but 29.  We are hanging on but another TD and I am done.  Lucky for me the throw only got him 4 in my league.

Another year as the total points winner. Another year not in the championship game. 3 years in a row. 

Good luck to those still fighting. 

4 hours ago, jerry jones said:

I need 37 points .5 ppr, I got Brees, Thomas, Kamara and Lutz 

Well crap...top scorer, best record...coming to an end 

25 minutes ago, jerry jones said:

Well crap...top scorer, best record...coming to an end 

I AM ALIVE.....thanks Kamara!

• Like 1

down .04 and thought I was done until fumble into the end zone.  1st dump off to McCaffrey got me the win by 1.36 ..whew

Edited by BearsFan4Life
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Good luck, all, hope you get what you need!

I need 32 points or more from Brees and CMC combined in a 2/3rd pt. PPR.

Seems doable, but also has the potential to easily fall out of reach given a stout NO D and Brees's occasionally putting up some stinkers (see earlier games v NYG, MIN, and a few weeks ago v DAL).

Pins and needles, boys. Pins and needles.

Pins and needles indeed.

Ended up losing by barely a point.

Just one of those penalties don't get called negating a catch, or a single catch made instead of a drop. That's what it came down to.

Playing for 3rd now.

Hope you all got what you needed. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Favorite League -  Brees and Ingram under 30.02 PPR points (6 per td, -1 per INT, with bonus for length)    5-10% chance.  :( :( :( :no: 

Dynasty PPR -   Down 13.54,  They have Kamara and Lutz,  I have Newton, McCaffrey, MT -  (25-30% chance) :no:

Standard - Need 11.85 from Kamara. 50/50% :suds:

Not a good semi finals for me.  Allen, Thielen, Gronk, Gostikowski combined for about 12 points.  Mix in Chubbs 10 and it was just an awful week.

Good Luck

Crazy!

Won the league I thought no chance (30 or less from Brees/Ingram)

Lost the one I thought I was going to win. Down 13 and I had MT, McCaffrey, Newton vs Kamara and Lutz. 

And Won the 50/50 one with Kamara needing 12 in standard. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Waingro said:

Down 12 - I've got Michael Thomas and  Cam Newton going tonight - PPR

:football:

Had to sweat this out and finally took the lead the 4th quarter.

It was big mistake starting Cam. I was terrified of a pick (-2) every time he threw the ball. Will not be making that same mistake in the championship.

Edited by Waingro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, joey said:

I need a time machine to go back in time to swap out K Allen for any other healthy WR on my roster (ex. Larry Fitz).

In lieu of that, I am up by 8.4 + Kamara, vs. Cam + MThomas (0.5 ppr league)

It's gonna take an early-season-Kamara-point-explosion to pull this one off. Or a defensive lock down by both teams. Or a miracle. I'll take any of the above.

I basically got all of the above: a Kamara point explosion (ok. More like a firecracker compared to his early season 40 point explosions, but still),  a defensive lock down on Cam, as well as generally keeping it low scoring affair, and most importantly, that miracle I requested!

in a week that started with me scoring 0 with K Allen, and my opponent picking up DWlliams RB KC earlier this week and staring him against me, I somehow came back for a win. In no small part due to the leg of Fairbairn. 

Good of luck in the finals to those who made it in!

• Like 1

Lost by 4.5. The winning margin was that %#^#%!@$#% McCaffrey TD pass.

I must say, part of me is glad the margin was 4.5. Because if I had been within 3 when NO fumbled that ball out of the end zone, costing Lutz a chance at a gimme FG, I would have lost my mind (although Payton would probably have gone for it on 4th and goal to ice the game anyway).

This may be one of the best fantasy lineups I ever assembled (Mahomes, Hill, Barkley, Lindsay, Kittle, Sanders, Boyd, Bears D). Sucks to go out this way.

Good luck to everyone who made it to the 'ship!

Edited by zftcg
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dizzy said:

I need Cam Newton to have his best game of the year.

Welp... that didn't work out... see you guys in July.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Didn't get my 60 from Brees/Ingram/Lutz.  They did outscore Samuels in the other league though

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Insein said:

Down .1 

Yes one tenth of a point. I need Ian Thomas to catch a ball for positive yards and not fumble. 

Thank God Cam hit him early cause it got ugly late. In the championship game for the first time in 4 years. And it was just some random league my friend needed people for, lol.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, heckmanm said:
21 hours ago, BearsFan4Life said:

Down 18.75 

I have McCaffrey and he is done - standard scoring - no ppr

Same but I'm down 19+

Just enough! :hifive:

• Like 1

Well Kamara did his part. Lost by 7. Switched Gould for Parkey last minute and that was a 9 point swing. Should have left it alone. Oh well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, themeistersinger said:

I'm the #1 seed in PPR, down by 21.7 points.  He's done, I have Kamara and Lutz.  If just Kamara hits his average (24.0 ppg) i'll be fine, but he hasn't topped 20 points since week 10 at Cincy, which is also the last time he scored a TD.

I'd feel better about Kamara if Payton wasn't trying to demonstrate what a genius he is by getting touchdowns to as many different players as possible.  I'd also feel better about Lutz if not for the trend of all the cool coaches eschewing field goals to go for it on fourth down, or not kicking the PAT to try for two.  And Payton definitely wants to be seen as a cool coach.

I expect to either win by a point or two or lose by the same amount.

23.3 from Kamara plus 6 from Lutz - I'm in!

• Like 1

Needed a dud from Cam to advance to my Fantasy Super Bowl.    Got it. 

3 hours ago, BearsFan4Life said:

Congrats...I thought I was going to lose by .04 before the fumble for a touchback

TBH I didn't watch past mid-Q3. My alarm goes off too early and I'm too damn old to stay up (altho I did watch all of LA/KC a few weeks back). 

Assumed I was toast just based on how bad Cam looked. I was still down ~5 and figured they'd 3-and-out the rest of the night.

43 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

Please god do screen tests for the next MNF crew. 

What makes you think they didn't do that for last year's crew?  You must have watched 15 minutes of any broadcast :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

Please god do screen tests for the next MNF crew. 

They use to do a form of that in the past, bring someone in to watch a live NFL game and do a pretend broadcast that would be recorded to see what they could do. Not sure if there was any audition for Witten, but whatever the screening process was it was not adequate in his case.

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1