Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

The Wall: UPDATE- 16 states sue Trump over National Emergency Declaration

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How long are people going to last with no pay?

Whoever blinks here will deserve some credit IMO. Unfortunately because we are talking about the ultimate ballbag being the primary player here this won’t be possible. 

6 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

The owner should get a second job to make ends meet.  Maybe raking forests or flipping hamberders.

-Trump

Actual tweet:

@BurgerKing

due to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders. 

just serving hamburgers today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Cool of you to take a position supporting Trump without knowing what’s actually been going on. 

@shader alias?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, doolin said:

I was not aware that happened.  Thank you for the information.

Of course I don't sleep, eat and dream Trump like a majority of the users here.

There it is!

• Like 2

Just now, Big League Chew said:

I don’t see this going two missed paychecks 

I hope you're right.  Government workers deserve better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I hope you're right.  Government workers deserve better

Meh...that's debatable

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Actual tweet:

@BurgerKing

due to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders. 

just serving hamburgers today.

When Burger King owns you it's time to call it quits.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

This is absolutely amazing.  First missed paycheck down in the Sweet J household. 

I just did my timecard for Pay Period #2 (we weren't even allowed to enter anything for pay period #1).  Pay Period 2 ends this Friday.  I'm excepted (but not exempt), and claimed two hours per day for the period.  So at least I'm guaranteed a little something. 

Edit: But not until the government opens back up. 

Edited by Sweet J
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Cool of you to take a position supporting Trump without knowing what’s actually been going on. 

Henry...meet posty

Big League Chew said:

Why not? Trump has nothing to gain by compromising. His base wants him to dig in. He'll be a hero if he gets the wall and a martyr if he doesn't. Either way, he's happy to sit back and eat Big Macs while Rome burns.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Why not? Trump has nothing to gain by compromising. His base wants him to dig in. He'll be a hero if he gets the wall and a martyr if he doesn't. Either way, he's happy to sit back and eat Big Macs while Rome burns.

I don’t follow politics and was turrible in government class. When is enough considered enough where it’s hurting the country. When does someone step in and impeach or overthrow

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The General said:

Dems had an offer he rejected with tons of cash for his wall. He screwed up the negotiations. All on Trump.

Agreed. But one strike and you're out?

Force the Orange doofus back to the table instead of playing whose dick is bigger and messing with peoples lives.

• Like 1

Big League Chew said:

I don’t follow politics and was turrible in government class. When is enough considered enough where it’s hurting the country. When does someone step in and impeach or overthrow

I don't think this qualifies as an impeachable offense. Trump may have started the shutdown, but the ultimate power lies in the Senate right now. They could end the shutdown in a heartbeat.

And I agree that this is hurting the country. But millions of people disagree with us. And until those millions start putting pressure on Congress, nothing is going to happen.

14 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

Careful, @Henry Fordis going to admonish you for being in here and discussing something you don't follow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Agreed. But one strike and you're out?

Force the Orange doofus back to the table instead of playing whose dick is bigger and messing with peoples lives.

There is something to that. However, by doing everything on Twitter, saying these are the terms, nothing else, he’s not really left them any room. 

Edited by The General

6 minutes ago, The General said:

There is something to that. However, by doing everything on Twitter, saying these are the terms, nothing else he’s, not really left them any room. 

Totally agree. The problem is there are no adults in the room. We have a child running the country and no one is willing to be the parent and try to step up. The Dems just want to fight and and the Repubs are just stepping on their tails.

Screw em all. There needs to be a fight but a fight for the people.

55 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

Tsa no pay for two paychecks. Why keep showing up?  

Probably because they know they will get back pay?

1 minute ago, Flash1 said:

Totally agree. The problem is there are no adults in the room. We have a child running the country and no one is willing to be the parent and try to step up. The Dems just want to fight and and the Repubs are just stepping on their tails.

Screw em all. There needs to be a fight but a fight for the people.

That’s not the case here. Dems have offered things. If Trump would just have shut up for a minute.

1 hour ago, Big League Chew said:

Do they get fired when government opens back up if they don't show up during shut down?  Assuming there is some sort of attendance policy?  If not I agree why show up.

20 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Careful, @Henry Fordis going to admonish you for being in here and discussing something you don't follow.

Why, did he proudly state an uninformed opinion? Or did he pose a question that didn’t depend on his knowing the details of what’s happening?

• Like 3

I keep hearing about the Dems needing to come to the table with a compromise but what exactly is Trump offering in the way of a compromise?  He's supposed to be this great deal maker but imo this myth is totally debunked.

• Like 2

Our nation is being held hostage by a domestic terrorist and enemy of the state. 

I'm only being slightly hyperbolic. Very slightly. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

I keep hearing about the Dems needing to come to the table with a compromise but what exactly is Trump offering in the way of a compromise?  He's supposed to be this great deal maker but imo this myth is totally debunked.

Yeah, that’s the issue. “I want X.”  “We will give you 1/10 of X”  “No, X + 700 million” Isn’t a negotiation. He’s all over the map. You can’t negotiate with that position. 

• Like 1

Quite clearly, to anyone with a crumb of a brain, the only one (side, individual, whatever) being non-negotiable is DJT. Blinders folks, take 'em the #### off.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

He bricks layups. He can’t even do a meal with a football team right.

It’s really pretty amazing how bad he is at everything. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

The Senate Republicans are the Constitutional hitch right now, the system is based on the premise that the branches will defend themselves and that the elected will obey their oaths. The oath strictly requires that officials run government and vote while not ceding power to the other branches. That’s not happening here. And i don’t agree with the ‘adults’ vs ‘children’ conversation. This is big time adult behavior and I say that because it’s the adults which have done awful things through human history, which is why the founding fathers created a system limiting their ability to do damage, presuming they do their jobs.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Hell he couldn't even talk to a kid on Christmas Eve without screwing it up.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Yeah, I don’t feel like the onus is on Democrats at this point.  They have offered a number of compromises:  $25B for the wall for DACA protection last year, $1.3B for border security a couple of weeks ago.  The bill that was passed was a short-term extension with promise to continue negotiations.

Trump has rejected them all, and stormed out of the most recent session with them.  I’m not sure what Democrats can do at this point.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Hell he couldn't even talk to a kid on Christmas Eve without screwing it up.

This could be a long list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big League Chew said:

Not sure why the Dems agree to pay TSA agents at all.  Why protect our border only at the airports?

4 hours ago, The General said:

Trump negotiated from 25 billion appropriated for his wall, just had to give a path for people already here, to total shutdown with no way out except for 5 billion that the Dems don’t have to give. 

Who would you say deserves the blame in this?

Democrats.

Just now, doolin said:

Democrats.

So you like to ignore all facts and go with the illogical.  

Thanks posty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bradyfan said:

Not sure why the Dems agree to pay TSA agents at all.  Why protect our border only at the airports?

TSA does not really protect us at the "border" - unless you are one of those who think: "The call is coming from inside the house..."

9 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

TSA does not really protect us at the "border" - unless you are one of those who think: "The call is coming from inside the house..."

I would propose we let the airlines take back the responsibility for airport security and spent the $7.7 billion on something else.

Edited by bradyfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradyfan said:

I would propose we let the airlines take back the responsibility for airport security and spent the $7.7 billion on something else.

:goodposting:

Can't happen soon enough.

TSA does a good job.  I often have very good experiences with them.  Tonight I flew and it was a total breeze.  I don’t see why they should be eliminated.  It seems to me they’ve done a great job.  Airports seem very safe now. Much safer than in the days of 9/11.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Yeah, I don’t feel like the onus is on Democrats at this point.  They have offered a number of compromises:  $25B for the wall for DACA protection last year, $1.3B for border security a couple of weeks ago.  The bill that was passed was a short-term extension with promise to continue negotiations.

Trump has rejected them all, and stormed out of the most recent session with them.  I’m not sure what Democrats can do at this point.  

Trump wants and needs a very public win.  He will probably get it because he literally does not care about it being shut down and the dems will cave to the pressure because they will finally put the workers ahead of politics.

Imo it’s all political at the moment. If he gets a big win, he will use it for the next two years while campaigning.  The dems don’t want that obviously.  

4 minutes ago, shader said:

TSA does a good job.  I often have very good experiences with them.  Tonight I flew and it was a total breeze.  I don’t see why they should be eliminated.  It seems to me they’ve done a great job.  Airports seem very safe now. Much safer than in the days of 9/11.

Is it what you call a 95% failure rate? Link  It is probably not better than before it is run by the government.

Edited by bradyfan

1 hour ago, The General said:

He can’t even condemn Nazis after they run over protestors. Preparing a banquet for a football team is quantum physics in comparison. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1

28 minutes ago, doolin said:

Democrats.

Very wrong. Trump’s fault on pretty much every level. 

He turned down multiple deals, waited to make it an “emergency” until Dems won the House, said he would own any shutdown, in the past said any shutdown is the fault of the President.

Just another failure in the short run he’s had. 

Edited by The General
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, doolin said:

I was not aware that happened.  Thank you for the information.

Of course I don't sleep, eat and dream Trump like a majority of the users here.

31 minutes ago, doolin said:

Democrats.

Bless your heart 

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, shader said:

It has been shown dozens of times that the TSA does little to enhance security. It's just something to make people believe they are safer. Kind of like using a condem. 

24 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

It has been shown dozens of times that the TSA does little to enhance security. It's just something to make people believe they are safer. Kind of like using a condem. 

I am not against airport security.  Just not that the government should run it.