Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

The Wall: Update: Federal Judge blocks emergency spending on the Wall

Just now, Mile High said:

Of course he will send them to non- sanctuary cities after sanctuary cities called his bluff. 

Why are we spending the money to send them anywhere? 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Why are we spending the money to send them anywhere? 

To pwn the libs.

Edited by Bucky86
  • Like 1

Trump admin not sending migrants to Florida after backlash.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not plan to send migrant families to Florida after reports about a Trump administration proposal resulted in backlash from local and state officials this week.

A CBP official told The Hill on Saturday that the administration is not looking at transporting family units to Florida "at this time" but said officials were looking at housing migrants in other areas across the country.

It was reported earlier this week that the administration planned to send hundreds of migrant families to Broward and Palm Beach counties, two Democratic strongholds in Florida that are among the state's most populous areas.

"Because of everybody's efforts, we are able to stop what had appeared to be a crisis for our community," Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said in a statement Saturday, local TV station WPTV reported.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), an ally of President Trump, was among those who pushed back on the reported plans, saying Friday that the proposal was "not acceptable" and that it might not go into effect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/444391-trump-admin-wont-be-sending-migrants-to-florida-after-backlash%3famp

13 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Trump admin not sending migrants to Florida after backlash.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not plan to send migrant families to Florida after reports about a Trump administration proposal resulted in backlash from local and state officials this week.

A CBP official told The Hill on Saturday that the administration is not looking at transporting family units to Florida "at this time" but said officials were looking at housing migrants in other areas across the country.

It was reported earlier this week that the administration planned to send hundreds of migrant families to Broward and Palm Beach counties, two Democratic strongholds in Florida that are among the state's most populous areas.

"Because of everybody's efforts, we are able to stop what had appeared to be a crisis for our community," Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said in a statement Saturday, local TV station WPTV reported.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), an ally of President Trump, was among those who pushed back on the reported plans, saying Friday that the proposal was "not acceptable" and that it might not go into effect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/444391-trump-admin-wont-be-sending-migrants-to-florida-after-backlash%3famp

Darn. I was looking forward to the tent city right outside of Mar-A-Lago's gates.

Unbelievable. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/05/24/chip-roy-blocks-disaster-aid-funding-1343295

Everybody had agreed to it. Even Trump had stated he would sign it immediately. And then this one guy stops the whole thing because he wants wall funding attached. 

All those people suffering, in desperate need of aid, get to wait another 10 days. So infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Unbelievable. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/05/24/chip-roy-blocks-disaster-aid-funding-1343295

Everybody had agreed to it. Even Trump had stated he would sign it immediately. And then this one guy stops the whole thing because he wants wall funding attached. 

All those people suffering, in desperate need of aid, get to wait another 10 days. So infuriating. 

The article did say one reason he took issue with it is because congressional leaders left off billions of dollars in emergency funding President Donald Trump seeks for handling the inflow of immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

And now if during the delay Mark Meadows and the other Freedom Caucus dudes can get in Trump’s ear again this whole bill could fall apart,  meaning no disaster money. Would that hurt Republicans in 2020? You bet. It would make them look extremist (which Meadows clearly is.) But in the meantime it would also really hurt a lot of desperate people who have already waited for months for this help. 

Just now, John Blutarsky said:

The article did say one reason he took issue with it is because congressional leaders left off billions of dollars in emergency funding President Donald Trump seeks for handling the inflow of immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

That money Trump is seeking is specifically for the wall, and it has nothing to do with disaster relief. The bill was already held up for months for this reason and also because Trump didn’t want to help Puerto Rico. But the Democrats refused to give in. All of this had already been negotiated. 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Unbelievable. 

Shame on him and scary that Jordan and Meadows have been in the room so much with Trump.  He really likes to surround himself with the worst people. 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Shame on him and scary that Jordan and Meadows have been in the room so much with Trump.  He really likes to surround himself with the worst people. 

Whoever the Democratic candidate is in 2020 needs to point out that, whatever Trump has promised, he has rarely if ever gone against the Freedom Caucus. Every action he has taken or refused to take as President has been with the blessing of Mark Meadows. 

"The U.S. Senate has just approved a 19 Billion Dollar Disaster Relief Bill, with my total approval. Great!"

I wonder who got to him (Trump).

WaPo: “President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/he-always-brings-them-up-trump-tries-to-steer-border-wall-deal-to-north-dakota-firm/2019/05/23/92d3858c-7b30-11e9-8bb7-0fc796cf2ec0_story.html

Putin would be proud

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Unbelievable. 

This one guy = Chip Roy. He's Ted Cruz's former chief of staff and he's terrible. Also, he beat a FAR better candidate in Joseph Kopser because Texas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

He surrounds himself with terrible people who are also using him but he's too stupid to know that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting piece

Sen. David Perdue: What’s causing the delay in disaster relief? Here’s what really happened behind closed doors

It's not all on Trump and the Republicans.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-david-perdue-whats-causing-the-delay-in-disaster-relief-heres-what-really-happened-behind-closed-doors

4 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Very interesting piece

Sen. David Perdue: What’s causing the delay in disaster relief? Here’s what really happened behind closed doors

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-david-perdue-whats-causing-the-delay-in-disaster-relief-heres-what-really-happened-behind-closed-doors

"Published April 19th"

As someone else already pointed out, pretty deceiving of Fox to slap that on the front page TODAY.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

"Published April 19th"

As someone else already pointed out, pretty deceiving of Fox to slap that on the front page TODAY.

I know when it was published. I found it interesting about the behind the scenes actions that took place.

8 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Very interesting piece

My link. Yes, what happened today is all on one GOP member of Congress.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I know when it was published. I found it interesting about the behind the scenes actions that took place.

As long as you realize it took place a month ago.  Not sure why Fox "News" regurgitated it today.  Well, I'm pretty sure why...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:
7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

"Published April 19th"

I know when it was published.

You do now. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Unbelievable. 

Unbelievable.  There is no bottom.

18 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Very interesting piece

It was published April 19th. Has nothing to do with Chip Roy blocking this legislation

1 minute ago, badmojo1006 said:

It was published April 19th. Has nothing to do with Chip Roy blocking this legislation

That has been posted and I never said it did. HTH

3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Scooter being Scooter :lmao: Just can't help yourself.

Should he "lighten up"?

This is the second time in a couple of hours that you've posted a Fox News meme which was purposefully deceptive. But of course it wasn't your intent; you knew it all along.

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Should he "lighten up"?

This is the second time in a couple of hours that you've posted a Fox News meme which was purposefully deceptive. But of course it wasn't your intent; you knew it all along.

No Tim, it wasn't purposefully deceptive. Enough of your crap trying to generalize my thoughts. I found the piece to be interesting considering what took place today and it was part of the events leading up to where we are at with trying to get a bill passed.  I wasn't snarky with the articles. You guys are not a friendly bunch at all and wonder why this place is called a liberal echo chamber. Anything posted here that you don't agree with is treated with snark and crap like you just posted again.

So yes lighten up.

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

That has been posted and I never said it did. HTH

So your post was deceiving and irrelevant

• Like 2

Just now, badmojo1006 said:

So your post was deceiving and irrelevant

Again, I will repeat myself

I found it to be interesting since it has to do with where things are at today with trying to get this aid package passed. That is all. WOW

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

No Tim, it wasn't purposefully deceptive. Enough of your crap trying to generalize my thoughts. I found the piece to be interesting considering what took place today and it was part of the events leading up to where we are at with trying to get a bill passed.  I wasn't snarky with the articles. You guys are not a friendly bunch at all and wonder why this place is called a liberal echo chamber. Anything posted here that you don't agree with is treated with snark and crap like you just posted again.

So yes lighten up.

See you tomorrow:bye:

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly there was a post here made by Joe that he has some conservative friends that said they would never post here due to how they would be treated. It is proven time and again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

So yes lighten up.

No that is not the case. What is the case is that people who post stuff that is deceptive or dishonest are called out for it. Sorry if that bothers you.

14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No that is not the case. What is the case is that people who post stuff that is deceptive or dishonest are called out for it. Sorry if that bothers you.

There was nothing deceptive or dishonest about what I posted and you need to back off of this stance Tim. I edited my one post to clarify my position and then I posted a piece that I thought fit into some background of how we got to today regarding trying to get the disaster aid bill passed.

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

You guys are not a friendly bunch at all and wonder why this place is called a liberal echo chamber. Anything posted here that you don't agree with is treated with snark and crap like you just posted again.

They dog pile

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

See you tomorrow:bye:

Got to give it to you, this post always kills me :lmao:

• Like 1

Just another unfortunate coincidence guys....nothing to see here.  Clearly you are fools for not being able to read minds and instead use logic to piece things together...how short sighted of you :thumbdown: 

21 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Just another unfortunate coincidence guys....nothing to see here.  Clearly you are fools for not being able to read minds and instead use logic to piece things together...how short sighted of you :thumbdown: 

Especially when it was first posted in the Fox thread pointing out the absurdity of Fox posting it today. 

24 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Especially when it was first posted in the Fox thread pointing out the absurdity of Fox posting it today. 

It wasn't absurd. It was a interesting piece by Senator David Perdue who was one of the key members that helped convince Trump to separate the border funding of the bill and approve it. It provided information on what had taken place to lead up to this. Why is that absurd? Because it showed it wasn't all the Republicans fault at that time?

Edited by John Blutarsky

1 hour ago, John Blutarsky said:

Very interesting piece

Aside from the date, I read this piece and I don’t understand what Perdue is claiming. Feinstein switched her vote and Harris was absent, why?

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Aside from the date, I read this piece and I don’t understand what Perdue is claiming. Feinstein switched her vote and Harris was absent, why?

That it possibly looked like they were going approve the bill after they gave the Dems what they wanted and then Schumer changed his mind.

20 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

That it possibly looked like they were going approve the bill after they gave the Dems what they wanted and then Schumer changed his mind.

Is that really what happened? Schumer said, "We will pass this bill if you give us X, Y, and Z?" The GOP said ok, you got everything you asked for. Then Schumer said, "I changed my mind. No,"?

I find that hard to believe that's exactly what happened, but if it is, that seems ####ty of Schumer and the Dems.

And while Tim was on his high horse trying to tell everyone my intentions I think his new thread title is misleading. I disagree with how Roy voted but he gave several reasons and one was funding for Trump's immigration plan which is not just building a wall.

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

Is that really what happened? Schumer said, "We will pass this bill if you give us X, Y, and Z?" The GOP said ok, you got everything you asked for. Then Schumer said, "I changed my mind. No,"?

I find that hard to believe that's exactly what happened, but if it is, that seems ####ty of Schumer and the Dems.

Know one knows for sure but it is another example of how crappy politics can be and both sides are guilty of it. I agree if it went down like Perdue said then that falls on the Dems.  I was able to see a panel several years ago at a conference with Bill Bradley and George Will. They basically said we will rarely see politicians do what is right for this country because all they care about is getting re-elected. It was very interesting to listen to them.

Edited by John Blutarsky

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

You have to consider the source in all these "he said, she said" things.  In this case it's a GOP senator claiming to know of private conversations between two Dem Senators etc.  Events that allegedly took place months ago....why we are supposed to care about a GOP allegation of a conversation in private between two Dem Senators a couple months ago is beyond me.  I suspect it's a "look, they do it to" sort of thing to deflect from what happened today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You have to consider the source in all these "he said, she said" things.  In this case it's a GOP senator claiming to know of private conversations between two Dem Senators etc.  Events that allegedly took place months ago....why we are supposed to care about a GOP allegation of a conversation in private between two Dem Senators a couple months ago is beyond me.  I suspect it's a "look, they do it to" sort of thing to deflect from what happened today.

I don’t think it is any deflection. I didn’t like what Roy did, many Republicans are speaking out against Roy, and I haven’t seen anyone support Roy here.

18 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I don’t think it is any deflection. I didn’t like what Roy did, many Republicans are speaking out against Roy, and I haven’t seen anyone support Roy here.

I know. It's just a coincidence that the article from months ago was posted today. I appreciate the words said in this comment and i agree. The link to alleged conversations has nothing to do with that though and just gets in the way imo

Just now, The Commish said:

I know. It's just a coincidence that the article from months ago was posted today. I appreciate the words said in this comment and i agree. The link to alleged conversations has nothing to do with that though and just gets in the way imo

I thought it did relate to today and doesn’t get in the way. Different views on the road this legislation has taken. Thanks for not being snarky as well. I’m confident this will get passed next week. Have a great Memorial Day weekend. 

2 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

I don’t think this is correct. Iirc Dems thought that PR wasn’t getting enough aid or relief, Feinstein voted yes on cloture then Schumer had her vote with the caucus on the actual bill. That’s not uncommon.