What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (4 Viewers)

Then he will use a fraction of the military budget.  Why is this being ignored?  He can use it based on national security. 

In addition to the wall he needs to stop immigrants from overstaying their visa and put an end to catch and release.  
Because anyone who thinks the President can just order the military to appropriate $5 billion and build a wall has no idea how things work, so there isn't much point in discussing it.

5 billion isn't even close to the cost of building a wall across our southern border,  are we just going to build part of it and leave the rest wide open?
Do you think this would be the first government construction project that was not fully funded before the work begins?

Democrats have catered to the left on no wall / sanctuary beliefs .... they are having to support no wall

Republicans have catered to the right on wall / border security ..... they have to support wall

funny thing is .... only a shot 12 years ago and Obama, Schumer, Hillary etc voted FOR border security and now they're against it (Secure Fence Act of 2006 (SFA)

good 'ol Democrats

Democrats have catered to the left on no wall / sanctuary beliefs .... they are having to support no wall

Republicans have catered to the right on wall / border security ..... they have to support wall
:lmao:

The suggestion that "Well, refusing to build a giant worthless thing is equivalent to paying for and building the giant useless thing at the expense of taxpayers, so it's both sides" is awesome.

Once again talking about all the jobs this will bring is bs.  We don't have enough people in construction to do the work already. 

5 billion isn't even close to the cost of building a wall across our southern border,  are we just going to build part of it and leave the rest wide open?
cmon don't ask such dumb questions....Trump is a master and has it all figured out AND he's owning the libs here....tell your caucus one thing and have them give you the votes, wait until the last second when you don't have the votes and most have gone home and ask for a new vote that can't pass...THAT'S how you negotiate!!!  Mic drop...

It is telling that you and many other conservatives feel the need to switch out "the wall" for the far more amorphous idea of "border security" any time there is a discussion of the merits of the wall itself.

funny thing is .... only a shot 12 years ago and Obama, Schumer, Hillary etc voted FOR border security and now they're against it (Secure Fence Act of 2006 (SFA)

good 'ol Democrats
border security <> WALL ...not sure when that's going to become clear....dems aren't against border security, they are against a pointless wall.

Remember that time Trump was talking about his impenetrable wall at a rally and mused something to the effect of "how could they get over it?  .... well, I guess if they had a ladder and a rope."

Good thing Mexico doesn't have ladder or rope technology yet.  Border security!

these are good people - they'd never use a ladder and rope to breach a wall, they'd respect a nations immigration laws, right ?

its a start

Democrats can fund the wall - simple enough .... I blame them
“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck,” Trump declared. “Because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into this country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I won’t blame you for it.”

and his promise was "we're going to build a wall....and who's going to pay for it??  MEXICO"...what happened there?

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck,” Trump declared. “Because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into this country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I won’t blame you for it.”
Yeah, but in his heart he was blaming Chuck.

Yeah, but in his heart he was blaming Chuck.
And Chuck wouldn't even look at him!!!!11!1!1!11!

Benghazi!

"I think the time has come that the United States and our neighbors, particularly our neighbor to the south, should have a better understanding and a better relationship than we’ve ever had....

Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit—and then while they’re working and earning here, they pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. And open the border both ways by understanding their problems." - Ronald Reagan

We still love Reagan, right?

Absolutely.  If I were being threatened with murder of myself and my family, I would run illegally into another country and request asylum.  But if there were a wall, I would respectfully die.
or

if you were a criminal running from your home country, a terrorist, a human trafficker, a drug runner, a rapist, a murder ................ asylum is a new click word Democrats are using that applies, literally, to almost nobody coming from central American countries

you know that, I know that

I'm giving it an 80-20% Trump gets funding for the wall in part. Democrats will cave IMO after Trump offers them something they can't refuse.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Amazing how quickly things shifted today. At start of GOP meeting this AM, members came out saying it was clear Trump would sign CR based on what leaders were saying Asked Chris Collins if there was "any doubt" Trump will sign it? Rep. Collins: No there is no doubt at all

Then, more GOP members spoke out against it in the conference meeting, Trump called Ryan and expressed his concerns. Ryan then huddled with GOP leaders and looked to find a way to vote on $5 billion. Trump then issued his veto threat at the WH meeting. And here we are.

1:37 PM - 20 Dec 2018

unfortunately the president turned on the TV and his strategy suddenly shifted...weird...

Spending $5 billion to build a border wall is essentially lighting $5 billion on fire. It's mind-blowingly pointless. It's bang head on desk level of absurdity. Why can't we agree to spend it on something that's actually useful?
border security is very important to millions of Americans

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/here-are-the-countries-that-get-the-most-foreign-aid-from-the-us/9278164

Numbers from 2015 show the US was the largest single donor country of foreign aid in the world.

The Security Assistance Economic Aid dashboard shows this year the US spent $18.25 billion in economic aid to 92 recipients, and $18.23 billion in security aid to 143 recipients.

So ... reroute money. There - done. This is taxpayer monies being sent to other countries when it could be used for OUR country.

Then, more GOP members spoke out against it in the conference meeting, Trump called Ryan and expressed his concerns. Ryan then huddled with GOP leaders and looked to find a way to vote on $5 billion. Trump then issued his veto threat at the WH meeting. And here we are.

1:37 PM - 20 Dec 2018
Trump is listening to the people who represent the people who voted him in. Good for Trump

border security is very important to millions of Americans

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/here-are-the-countries-that-get-the-most-foreign-aid-from-the-us/9278164

Numbers from 2015 show the US was the largest single donor country of foreign aid in the world.

The Security Assistance Economic Aid dashboard shows this year the US spent $18.25 billion in economic aid to 92 recipients, and $18.23 billion in security aid to 143 recipients.

So ... reroute money. There - done. This is taxpayer monies being sent to other countries when it could be used for OUR country.
Border security and this stupid wall are 2 separate issues.

Users who are viewing this thread