Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

The Wall: UPDATE- Trump will sign agreement AND declare a national emergency

32 minutes ago, doolin said:

I don't know.   Obama blamed Bush for many many many many years in his regime.

How many is “many many many many”? Because my math is suggesting this means “many” can’t mean more than two. 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Posty doing as posty does.

Yeah, ignore list has been updated.

Just now, belljr said:

not sure i like this but I just want it over

I hope he submits it in writing and that we go back to doing it that way every year.  There's really no reason for the televised ovation-fest that the SOTU has become.. It's a waste of time, money and prime-time broadcast spots.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The General said:

Trump just going to end up doing the SotU from the Oval Office. 

I’d be good with going back to written reports. 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

How many is “many many many many”? Because my math is suggesting this means “many” can’t mean more than two. 

cmon...one guy tanked the entire economy to the point where the entire global banking industry, car companies, insurers would've collapsed if the gov't didn't step in vs. inheriting an economy in the shape of a hockey stick...pretty similar situations

2 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

There's really no reason for the televised ovation-fest that the SOTU has become.

Ain't that the truth. It is out of control.

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Again, didn't Joe ask you to knock it with him the other day?

You a narc?

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

But then we don’t get to hear the master orator that is Trump. I kind of like watching him sniffle and mispronounce stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, doolin said:

Sho Nuff is.

Says who?!?

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Again, didn't Joe ask you to knock it with him the other day?

Dude, every other post by you is whining about someone else. And either tagging Joe or mentioning him. You are like a fourth grader who runs to the principal five times a day. Don't you think he gets tired of you and your juvenile tattling?  How old are you? 

Here's a challenge. Try to go one week where you actually contribute to a thread with every post. Offer an opinion. Further the discussion. Without being the board hall monitor.  I know you can do it. We're all pulling for you. I'm sure Joe would appreciate it too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Dude, every other post by you is whining about someone else. And either tagging Joe or mentioning him. You are like a fourth grader who runs to the principal five times a day. Don't you think he gets tired of you and your juvenile tattling?  How old are you? 

Here's a challenge. Try to go one week where you actually contribute to a thread with every post. Offer an opinion. Further the discussion. Without being the board hall monitor.  I know you can do it. We're all pulling for you. I'm sure Joe would appreciate it too.

You and sho go one week without mentioning posty, or anyone else.  I'll follow your lead.   

By the way all of your stupid personal attacks apply to yourself because you do the same damn thing you're accusing me of.   You're also a hypocrite with your hall monitor schtick but you know this already too.   Carry on.

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You and sho go one week without mentioning posty, or anyone else.  I'll follow your lead.   

By the way all of your stupid personal attacks apply to yourself because you do the same damn thing you're accusing me of.   You're also a hypocrite with your hall monitor schtick but you know this already too.   Carry on.

They can't.  They were like that at FFToday and continue here.

34 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

A fricken men.  I've been saying this forever.

16 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I contribute to threads all day long. I never tag Joe. I'm not seeing if I can get people banned. Grow up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yankee23Fan said:

A fricken men.  I've been saying this forever.

Maybe we could go the other way with it, and have the President submit to Question Time every week in a joint session?

I'd have paid money to watch Bush II navigate that in his second term.

Pelosi's request to delay the SOTU is out of simple fear that Trump will use the Bully Pulpit to call out the Democrats for what they are doing.  And everyone knows he will.  She wants to deny him the platform to talk to the people.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Pelosi's request to delay the SOTU is out of simple fear that Trump will use the Bully Pulpit to call out the Democrats for what they are doing.  And everyone knows he will.  She wants to deny him the platform to talk to the people.  

Trump can talk to the public every day. He could set up on the White House lawn. Or the Oval Office. Or in the press room. Or send out 20 frantic, unhinged tweets. The only people who buy his BS are the ones who have been buying it all along.  His desperate attempt at scaring the public two weeks ago from the Oval Office failed miserably. Didn't move the needle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

No. He will still have a platform to talk to the people, she suggested other options such as a televised address from the Oval Office or via a written statement.

14 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I contribute to threads all day long. I never tag Joe. I'm not seeing if I can get people banned. Grow up.

So I won't be following your lead.  Got it.

12 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Yeah........

15 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

:lol:

That's rich.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

It's out of lack of security.  DHS and Secret Service are affected by the shutdown.

• Like 1

The Constitution seems to offer pretty wide latitude. Delivering information to Congress from time to time leaves a lot of options available. Of course leave it to Donald Trump to figure out a way to screw up how it's been implemented since at least 1947. But the format and content have gone through several iterations since the founders.

Morgan Fairchild‏Verified account @morgfair

Stephen Miller was writing SOTU to blame Democrats for shutdown -- until Nancy Pelosi pulled the rug out: report

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Banger said:

Morgan Fairchild‏Verified account @morgfair

Stephen Miller was writing SOTU to blame Democrats for shutdown -- until Nancy Pelosi pulled the rug out: report

I’m a little confused. How did she pull the rug out?  By offering to delay the SOTU?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweet J said:

I’m a little confused. How did she pull the rug out?  By offering to delay the SOTU?

cancelling it until gov't is open.  the SOTU occurs in House and apparently she has the authority to allow / invite him or not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

David Frum‏Verified account @davidfrum 1h1 hour ago

If Trump now reopens Govt, he visibly surrenders to Pelosi. If Trump keeps Govt closed, he bleeds support faster. Workers miss next paycheck, air travel delays, govt services fail, and economy stalls. Trump built the trap and walked into it. Pelosi just locked it behind him.

Live look at Pelosi.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Banger said:

cancelling it until gov't is open.  the SOTU occurs in House and apparently she has the authority to allow / invite him or not.  

I thought she just suggested that he cancelled it. 

3 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If this was a prize fight, the ref would step in, wrap his arm around Trump, and be waving his other arm to signify the fight is over. Schumer played him like a puppet in the meeting where he got Trump to admit he has no problem shutting down the Gov't and would take full responsibility. And Pelosi has simply destroyed him every step of the way since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim Sciutto‏Verified account @jimsciutto

“The State of the Union is off," Dem House @LeaderHoyer on CNN, “As long as the Government is shut down we're not going to be doing business as usual."

9:28 AM - 16 Jan 2019

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

This looks like just a suggestion. 

It's intended to. But the SOTU address only happens at the pleasure of the Speaker of the House.

1 hour ago, butcher boy said:

Just to be clear here- she didn't "request to delay the SOTU."  She very gently told him that he can't give it in the Capitol building, which is a courtesy normally extended by the Speaker to a President but that for obvious reasons (stated in the letter as well as political) Pelosi has every reason not to extent to this particular president at this particular time. He is still free to satisfy his constitutional duty at any time through a written statement.

People characterizing a straight up denial as a "request to delay" is just more evidence of how good she is at her job.

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

Just to be clear here- she didn't "request to delay the SOTU."  She very gently told him that he can't give it in the Capitol building, which is a courtesy normally extended by the Speaker to a President but that for obvious reasons (stated in the letter as well as political) Pelosi has every reason not to extent to this particular president at this particular time. He is still free to satisfy his constitutional duty at any time through a written statement.

People characterizing a straight up denial as a "request to delay" is just more evidence of how good she is at her job.

Thanks for that perspective. Hadn’t thought about it like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

That’s a new one.  Giving the new administration credit for two years and then going back to blame the old one is a different way to go. 

and funny as ####....I damn near spit my Tab out all over my screen reading that :lmao: 

Abby D. Phillip‏Verified account @abbydphillip

Per @mkraju, the WH is lobbying Republican Senators not to sign a letter asking Trump to reopen the gov for 3 weeks while they work on an immigration deal. The letter is being worked on by Graham and Coons, but would represent a break in the "unity" Trump has been touting.

10:03 AM - 16 Jan 2019

but it's THE DEMS FAULT!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

I dunno. Delivering an hour-long speech that doesn't even start until 9:15 has to be exhausting and annoying for a senile man who works 4 hours a day three days a week.  I imagine he wouldn't mind all that much just handing the writing assignment over the Stephen Miller and Vladimir Putin and calling it a day.

Plus it frees up another evening for eating too much fast food and getting angry at people on the internet.  I certainly can't throw stones at him for that.

Lotta pagentry with the SOTU. He gets his Mussolini pose on. I'm sure he loves the attention. However he seems to get extra slurry reading from the teleprompter.  

5 minutes ago, Banger said:

Abby D. Phillip‏Verified account @abbydphillip

Per @mkraju, the WH is lobbying Republican Senators not to sign a letter asking Trump to reopen the gov for 3 weeks while they work on an immigration deal. The letter is being worked on by Graham and Coons, but would represent a break in the "unity" Trump has been touting.

10:03 AM - 16 Jan 2019

but it's THE DEMS FAULT!!!

:pawscrossed:

2 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

I hope he submits it in writing and that we go back to doing it that way every year.  There's really no reason for the televised ovation-fest that the SOTU has become.. It's a waste of time, money and prime-time broadcast spots.

It's going to be an awesome drinking game though.  We will all need to be shotgunning beers the entire time the teleprompter is telling him to pause for applause.  We'll all be ####faced after the first time that instruction comes up.

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

It's going to be an awesome drinking game though.  We will all need to be shotgunning beers the entire time the teleprompter is telling him to pause for applause.  We'll all be ####faced after the first time that instruction comes up.

Are we talking about Obama or Trump?

3 minutes ago, doolin said:

Are we talking about Obama or Trump?

I have no idea who you are talking about.  I am talking about Trump....can't you just picture him sitting in the Oval Office and coming to that first footnote that tells him to wait for the applause?  I can.  I'm loadin' up on the Natty Light tonight!!!

• Like 1

Just now, The Commish said:

I have no idea who you are talking about.  I am talking about Trump....can't you just picture him sitting in the Oval Office and coming to that first footnote that tells him to wait for the applause?  I can.  I'm loadin' up on the Natty Light tonight!!!

Obama followed his TelePrompter religiously as well.

Just now, doolin said:

Obama followed his TelePrompter religiously as well.

Because he can read.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3