What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (1 Viewer)

Basically #3 is an open border. Are we no longer vetting immigrants? Does this apply to all borders and all those that want to come in through International flights?
Huh?

I said let more people in legally. That means do the same thing we're doing now, except with looser requirements for amnesty and larger caps overall. All you'd need to do is spend a relatively tiny amount of money on expanded Homeland/CBP resources. I didn't say anything about abandoning vetting procedures or open borders.

Jesus.  You can't just take a statement like: "the sky is blue."  And then re-state it falsely into: "Tobias is saying that the sky is red."

That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works. 
Yeah. I'm seeing that now. It only works when it's applied to something that fits a certain agenda. Try to apply it to anything else, and you get told how ridiculous it is. 

I think the word that applies is hypocrisy. 

Basically #3 is an open border. Are we no longer vetting immigrants? Does this apply to all borders and all those that want to come in through International flights?
Supporters of true open borders laugh at labeling “let more people in legally” as being open borders. “More” <> “All”. 

Yeah. I'm seeing that now. It only works when it's applied to something that fits a certain agenda. Try to apply it to anything else, and you get told how ridiculous it is. 

I think the word that applies is hypocrisy. 
1.  Try addressing what he actually said without exaggerating for effect. 

2.  Hope he does the same to you.

3.  Profit? 

Huh?

I said let more people in legally. That means do the same thing we're doing now, except with looser requirements for amnesty and larger caps overall. All you'd need to do is spend a relatively tiny amount of money on expanded Homeland/CBP resources. I didn't say anything about abandoning vetting procedures or open borders.
Because people coming in to the country illegally is just something that has started in the last 2 years??

People have been doing it for a long time. I compare it to the way we used to fly. I used to be able to waltz into an airport with my bottle of soda, smoking a cigarette and head to the gate. Rules, regulations and limits change. It doesn't mean we condone illegal activity.

Because people coming in to the country illegally is just something that has started in the last 2 years??

People have been doing it for a long time. I compare it to the way we used to fly. I used to be able to waltz into an airport with my bottle of soda, smoking a cigarette and head to the gate. Rules, regulations and limits change. It doesn't mean we condone illegal activity.
Huh?  Nothing you say here has anything whatsoever to do with what I said.

Huh?  Nothing you say here has anything whatsoever to do with what I said.
That's because you haven't really stated a firm opinion on anything other than we should allow more people in. Do you care to put a number on how many that should be? If it's unlimited, do you have a method for safely vetting them? One day it may be 500, then next it may be 5000. If 10 of those 5000 don't want to wait a week to be properly vetted, what is keeping them from taking a boat across the river? If your number is 1 million, then what do you propose we do with the 1 person over 1 million?

That's because you haven't really stated a firm opinion on anything other than we should allow more people in. Do you care to put a number on how many that should be? If it's unlimited, do you have a method for safely vetting them? One day it may be 500, then next it may be 5000. If 10 of those 5000 don't want to wait a week to be properly vetted, what is keeping them from taking a boat across the river? If your number is 1 million, then what do you propose we do with the 1 person over 1 million?
See, now THIS is a response that someone can actually respond to, and have a dialogue about. Maybe clarify a position.  Or explain his reasoning.  Or give more specifics.

Seriously.  This works.

I didn't realize I had the burden to provide detailed solutions. I'm not the one who thinks there's a huge problem that demands solving.

That said, I'd do a study that gives us up to date and usable info on how many people the nation's resources could reasonably accommodate and how various numbers would impact the economy, and I'd get my number from that. Then I would expand funding to Homeland/CBP (some of which could come from resources currently allocated to enforcement, which we could obviously reduce) to ensure that those people undergo a vetting process the same as or similar to what we currently use.

See, now THIS is a response that someone can actually respond to, and have a dialogue about. Maybe clarify a position.  Or explain his reasoning.  Or give more specifics.

Seriously.  This works.
before this i was worried he was having a stroke.

Your questions are unanswerable, because the situation is permanently fluid. 

But more important, your questions are unnecessary, and here’s why: 

Undocumented immigration is not, and has never been, a pressing issue for the United States. It is not something you have to worry about. It is not something you have EVER had to worry about. The odds of it affecting your life, or the life of anyone you know, in any kind of negative manner is so minuscule as to be irrelevant. It is much more likely that undocumented immigration affects your life in a positive manner, but even that is a pretty small percentage. The likeliest outcome, by far, is that it affects your life not at all beyond the time that you waste thinking about it. 

So the answer to all of the questions you raise is: who cares? Let the experts in that field come up with solutions. Let’s make sure they’re humane solutions in keeping with the principles that have guided this nation from the beginning, as a sanctuary from the rest of the world’s economic and political woes.

Beyond that, stop worrying about it. 

Seriously.  This works.
No it doesn't see below. I expect you'll take the same tone with Tobias and Tim.

I didn't realize I had the burden to provide detailed solutions. I'm not the one who thinks there's a huge problem that demands solving.

That said, I'd do a study that gives us up to date and usable info on how many people the nation's resources could reasonably accommodate and how various numbers would impact the economy, and I'd get my number from that. Then I would expand funding to Homeland/CBP (some of which could come from resources currently allocated to enforcement, which we could obviously reduce) to ensure that those people undergo a vetting process the same as or similar to what we currently use.
Then you have no grounds with to dispute my opinion. 

Your questions are unanswerable, because the situation is permanently fluid. 

But more important, your questions are unnecessary, and here’s why: 

Undocumented immigration is not, and has never been, a pressing issue for the United States. It is not something you have to worry about. It is not something you have EVER had to worry about. The odds of it affecting your life, or the life of anyone you know, in any kind of negative manner is so minuscule as to be irrelevant. It is much more likely that undocumented immigration affects your life in a positive manner, but even that is a pretty small percentage. The likeliest outcome, by far, is that it affects your life not at all beyond the time that you waste thinking about it. 

So the answer to all of the questions you raise is: who cares? Let the experts in that field come up with solutions. Let’s make sure they’re humane solutions in keeping with the principles that have guided this nation from the beginning, as a sanctuary from the rest of the world’s economic and political woes.

Beyond that, stop worrying about it. 
The experts (or more importantly, the elected officials) are coming up with solutions. You just don't agree with their solution. 

No it doesn't see below. I expect you'll take the same tone with Tobias and Tim.

The experts (or more importantly, the elected officials) are coming up with solutions. You just don't agree with their solution. 
The current elected official in charge of this country is not an expert on this issue and in fact ignores the advice of experts on this issue. 

24 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I didn't realize I had the burden to provide detailed solutions.
I don't even know what opinion you're talking about. You engaged me with questions. I was just making jokes about boats and ladders and then transitioned to discussing prohibition laws more broadly.  All I've done since then is try to answer your questions.

I like you, GB, but has anyone told you that you jump around a lot and don't really present things clearly and logically?

They should pass a spending resolution giving him 6B payable in 500M increments monthly but payable only if he goes in front of Congress to give a Wall building status report of 20 min or more each month - and he must only be dressed in a baby diaper and pacifier. He neglects to do it and the Wall gets cancelled.

butcher boy said:
Add to the military budget.  Have the Army Corps of Engineers build it.
They don't need to add to the military budget, it's plenty large enough to take 5B in the name of national security.

The millions of hispanics coming here to pick our crops for $80 a day. Most of them don't speak English or even follow the NFL.
That's where the right is so shortsighted - our next soccer superstar could be coming across that border and help us to a World Cup final they just don't understand the implications.

That's where the right is so shortsighted - our next soccer superstar could be coming across that border and help us to a World Cup final they just don't understand the implications.
It's worse than that. The Mexicans are outscouting us and outrecruiting us on the talented dual-citizenship guys now. We can't afford that right now.

Frank Thorp V‏Verified account @frankthorp

FollowFollow @frankthorp

More

CORKER: “Mitch is on the phone with Paul now, so....” *corker starts laughing*

Q: Why are you laughing?

Corker: “Well, why not?” ///

Corker: “Ya’ll have fun! I may not see ya’ll again for a while...”

Q: You’re not going to come back from TN for votes?

Corker: “I doubt it.”

10:50 AM - 20 Dec 2018

Users who are viewing this thread