What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Championship Week Thread*** (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Can we get a thread going where we all discuss our rankings/WDIS/etc. kinda stuff?

I mean, I can go into 37 different threads, gather the info, and then piece it together, or we can put it in one place. 

I'm sure a lot of us have overlapping questions, good to see where everyone stands, ranks, and puts who in for who.

As a collaboration effort, should increase our chances at success. The majority of people still combing this forum prob still have something left to play for. 

Cam was supposed to be my guy I rode off into the championship sunset with. Now I’m looking at a waiver wire full of bottom 6-8 QBs and sick to my stomach. 

QB:

Wentz had been my QB, dropped him and started Trubisky last week, happy with the outcome. This week at QB, I'm debating:

Trubisky @ SF who has been generous to QBs this season. O/U is 44 so that is a little on the low side and Bears are giving 5, implying a score of 24-20.

Mayfield vs Cincy - He torched them in Cincy a few weeks ago. O/U is 46 and the Browns are giving 7, implying a score of about 27-20. Leaning in this direction.

Jackson @ SD - Run first team with him at QB, but he gives you the rushing upside. O/U is 45 and Balt is getting 4.5, implying a score of about 25-20. 

Allen @ NE -  Just a gut feeling on him as the oddsmakers don't have good lines for him. 45.5 O/U and the Bills getting 13, implying they only score 17 points.

RB/WR:

James Conner - jury is still out, have to see what he does at practice this week, if he is active, etc. Highest O/U in the NFL in this game of 56. Pitt getting 5.5 implying they score about 26, does Conner find the end zone, does Samuels steal the catches?

Fournette - not much to be said, outside of Bell, biggest waste of a first round pick in 2018. Think he sits on the bench.

Marlon Mack - Bad Giants defense, 10 pt favorite, coming off a solid week against a bad defense, think he is in. Odds have them implied to score 28 points this week.

Sony Michel - See Josh Allen above, Pats big favorites, game script could yield him a lot of touches and possibly finding the end zone. 

Chris Carson - Does Penny play? Do the Seahawks fall behind? Both would be a negative here. O/U 54 and implied score for Hawks is 25 points.

Alshon Jeffrey - Foles seems to actually look his way much more than Wentz. The Houston defense is legit, game is a pick, O/U is 45. 

I need to start 3 from above.

Defense:

I had Den stashed for their game at Oakland this week, but am now considering Indy home against NYG, fresh off of a blanking of Dallas and in the thick of the playoff hunt. 

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Goff @ ARI or Ryan @CAR.  I don't trust Goff after the last 2 weeks, and Carolina is only 21st against the pass.

RB: Looks like Gordon will be back alongside CMC 

WR: Julio, Tyreek and then one of Landry, Westbrook,  or Coutee 

TE: Kittle

PK: Butker or I go to the WW

DEF: Minnesota

need to pick between watson @ phi and dak v. TB for my QB.... on its face it seems like an easy choice... but dak has been alternating great and mediocre games for the last 6 weeks.... this would be the "Great" game week and considering the opponent (TB) it's not an unreasonable expectation.

going wilson over luck in my other game.... made the wrong choice on this last week.

going pats D (home v. buffalo) over broncos (at oakland) and texans (@philly)... in this scoring format takeaways and chances at TD's are more important than points allowed (only get 4 points for holding an opponent between 7-13 PA and 2 points for 14-17 PA).....

Had both Keenan Allen and Aaron Jones and somehow beat the undefeated #1 seed. 

Picked up Jamaal Williams, Robby Anderson, and Josh Allen ( opponent has Goff who's been under performing as of late)  

Decisions to be made... 

Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen

Robbie Anderson Keenan Allen if he starts.  

would anyone consider starting samuels at TE if connor is back? nothing on the WW..

need to decide if I want to start Fournette or not, or if I roll the dice with Ware a likley GTD, I can flex in Conley if he is not...  Also have Michel, but he has been fading of late...

Made it in barely, injuries aside.

WR need to decided on three....OBJ (if cleared), Thielen, Josh Gordon, Tyler Lockett, Robby Anderson, Randall Cobb, MVS or Tim Patrick

DEF Chicago (@SFO) or Tennessee (WAS)

1ppr, 1 pt per 10yds receiving/rush, 1 pt per 20yds return

3pts sack/fumble, 5pts INT, 6pts TD

Rode Mahomes and Lindsay all the way here. Carson and Cook have picked up the slack. If I can just get them all firing on all cylinders for one more week....

WTH - this place has provided outstanding feedback in the past.

QB - no brainer I think I have to go Roethlisberger at NO over Watson at Phi

RB - McCaffery is a no brainer, for my other RB it comes down to Howard at SF or Lindsay at Oak

WR - Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill are locked in; for WR3 debating between Ridley at Car, Sutton at Oak, or Kittle vs Chi.  Guys I have already ruled out Tate vs Hou and Tre'Quan Smith vs Pit.

K - Zeurlein locked in

DL - JJ Watt and Myles Garrett locked in

LB - pick 3 - Jamie Collins vs Cin, Tremaine Edmunds at NE, Anthony Walker vs NYG,  Jatavis  Brown vs Bal, or Jaylon Smith vs TB

DB - play two - Bethea locked in, McDougald doubtful so not considering him, TJ McDonald is questionable.  If you cannot field full starting lineup you are allowed to make a pickup so if McDonald is OUT would you prefer - Justin Simmons at Oak, Adrian Amos at SF, or Donte Jackson vs Atl?

other comments appreciated - but my real questions are who to start at WR3 and who to pick up at DB2 if McDonald and McDougald are out.

WR need to decided on three....OBJ (if cleared), Thielen, Josh Gordon, Tyler Lockett, Robby Anderson, Randall Cobb, MVS or Tim Patrick

Thielen owner here. Def disappointed with most of the last couple of weeks, no questions asked. BUT, there is no chance I'm sitting him. 

Also to add... The whole point of this thread is to have a conversation, not just post WDIS and leave. 

Discussing match-ups, O/U, historical performances, opinions, etc.. 

By doing this and engaging in conversation, we should be able to come to somewhat of a general consensus to make better decisions. 

Leonard Fournette*** thoughts?

Unless they come out and outright say he is getting 25 touches next week, which I doubt, I think I have him behind all of my guys, which sucks so bad in this juicy match-up.

PPR, have him behind:

Carson, Conner (if he plays), Mack, prob Alshon Jeffrey, and possibly Gus Edwards or Sony Michel. 

Nothing excites me about Was offense, so I roll with Ten DT.  WR - Thielen surely can damage Det, OBJ if healthy has to start, then I coin flip between Lockett/Anderson/Gordon - probably in that order.

Had both Keenan Allen and Aaron Jones and somehow beat the undefeated #1 seed. 

Picked up Jamaal Williams, Robby Anderson, and Josh Allen ( opponent has Goff who's been under performing as of late)  

Decisions to be made... 

Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen

Robbie Anderson Keenan Allen if he starts.  
Mayfield and Anderson. 

QB:

Wentz had been my QB, dropped him and started Trubisky last week, happy with the outcome. This week at QB, I'm debating:

Trubisky @ SF who has been generous to QBs this season. O/U is 44 so that is a little on the low side and Bears are giving 5, implying a score of 24-20.

Mayfield vs Cincy - He torched them in Cincy a few weeks ago. O/U is 46 and the Browns are giving 7, implying a score of about 27-20. Leaning in this direction.

Jackson @ SD - Run first team with him at QB, but he gives you the rushing upside. O/U is 45 and Balt is getting 4.5, implying a score of about 25-20. 

Allen @ NE -  Just a gut feeling on him as the oddsmakers don't have good lines for him. 45.5 O/U and the Bills getting 13, implying they only score 17 points.

RB/WR:

James Conner - jury is still out, have to see what he does at practice this week, if he is active, etc. Highest O/U in the NFL in this game of 56. Pitt getting 5.5 implying they score about 26, does Conner find the end zone, does Samuels steal the catches?

Fournette - not much to be said, outside of Bell, biggest waste of a first round pick in 2018. Think he sits on the bench.

Marlon Mack - Bad Giants defense, 10 pt favorite, coming off a solid week against a bad defense, think he is in. Odds have them implied to score 28 points this week.

Sony Michel - See Josh Allen above, Pats big favorites, game script could yield him a lot of touches and possibly finding the end zone. 

Chris Carson - Does Penny play? Do the Seahawks fall behind? Both would be a negative here. O/U 54 and implied score for Hawks is 25 points.

Alshon Jeffrey - Foles seems to actually look his way much more than Wentz. The Houston defense is legit, game is a pick, O/U is 45. 

Defense:

I had Den stashed for their game at Oakland this week, but am now considering Indy home against NYG, fresh off of a blanking of Dallas and in the thick of the playoff hunt. 
Mayfield - he is the real deal.

Conner/Mack/Jeffrey - if Connor no go then slide in Carson.  

Like the Indy pick.

Leonard Fournette*** thoughts?

Unless they come out and outright say he is getting 25 touches next week, which I doubt, I think I have him behind all of my guys, which sucks so bad in this juicy match-up.

PPR, have him behind:

Carson, Conner (if he plays), Mack, prob Alshon Jeffrey, and possibly Gus Edwards. 
I made it to the finals in the only league I have Fournette in (no thanks to him, primarily thanks to Mahomes and Hill).  Anyway...

No chance I'm starting Fournette this week. Looks like I'll use Ware or Mack in his place, and I don't really have any regrets about it.  Fournette was my 2nd round pick (10 team league), but I've made it to the finals pretty much despite him all year so no qualms about him blowing up on the bench. 

I've got Conner/Samuels for my other RB spot and hoping that either of them are going to be the clear lead.  Don't really care which, but I'm afraid it'll be a week where Conner returns but they split time and make neither of them more than a flex-worthy start

I made it to the finals in the only league I have Fournette in (no thanks to him, primarily thanks to Mahomes and Hill).  Anyway...

No chance I'm starting Fournette this week. Looks like I'll use Ware or Mack in his place, and I don't really have any regrets about it.  Fournette was my 2nd round pick (10 team league), but I've made it to the finals pretty much despite him all year so no qualms about him blowing up on the bench. 

I've got Conner/Samuels for my other RB spot and hoping that either of them are going to be the clear lead.  Don't really care which, but I'm afraid it'll be a week where Conner returns but they split time and make neither of them more than a flex-worthy start
My fear here as well, I almost anticipate this.

Yahoo Double Flex League Roster (currently 3 empty spots)

QB:

Pat Mahomes @ SEA - The Man. The Myth. The Potential MVP. Set and forget

WR:

DeAndre Hopkins @ PHI, D.J. Moore vs. ATL, Dante Pettis vs. CHI

Lost AJ Green week sago but Moore had been good enough as a #2 WR until Cam's shoulder issues. Petitis emerging as a #1 WR helps but I need to look for WR help.

RB:

Dalvin Cook @ DET, Chris Carson vs. KC, Spencer Ware @ SEA, Lamar Miller@ PHI

Cook getting a real OC back buoys my strong running core with a great matchup, Carson should see 16+ carries even with Penny back. Ware and Miller have injury concerns to look over

TE:

Jaylen Samuels @ NO

Yahoo League, even with Connor back Samuels still should see 6-8 carries and enough passing work to be at least value. Will monitor the situation but no one on the wire now would be a good option at TE

K:

Harrison Butker, @ SEA

May have to sit him as the KC Offense hasn't gotten bogged down enough for him to get 30-40 yard FGs chances.

D/ST:

Jacksonville @ MIA

Minnesota @ DET

Tough call, bu I might pickup another D

In trouble:

Rodgers better play as I don't like Rivers vs. Baltimore.

PPR  Need 4 -   Chubb, Thielen, OBJ, Gordon (sat) , Allen (Sat) , Justin Jackson (Sat) , Damian Williams (SNF)

(free agents) - Baldwin, Jonathan Williams, Sutton (mnf) Ware (SNF)

Dst - stay with Vikings at Lions?

Or get cute and try  Pats vs Bills or Cowboys vs Bucs

Points allowed don't matter,  5 for under 100 rushing allowed, 5 for under 150 passing,  sacks, int's, fr, are 1 and td's are 6. 

PPR  Need 4 -   Chubb, Thielen, OBJ, Gordon (sat) , Allen (Sat) , Justin Jackson (Sat) , Damian Williams (SNF)

(free agents) - Baldwin, Jonathan Williams, Sutton (mnf) Ware (SNF)
one of my pet peeves is when people say need 3 or more and at least 1 is an obvious no doubt starter in the list.

in your case you have 3 no doubters (chubb theilen, gordon). 4th would be OBJ if he's deemed heathly and reports say he's playing a full compliment of snaps.... otherwise i'd roster baldwin and ware... play D williams if ware out... or play baldwin if ware usage not clear

Dst - stay with Vikings at Lions?

Or get cute and try  Pats vs Bills or Cowboys vs Bucs

Points allowed don't matter,  5 for under 100 rushing allowed, 5 for under 150 passing,  sacks, int's, fr, are 1 and td's are 6. 
d's are all pretty even. pats and cowboys going against TO prone teams (granted winston has been much better with ball as of late). when all are even i prefer starting home team defenses... so i guess i'd go pats but wouldnt blame you if you went DAL

10 team PPR - My only questions is which RB to start at flex.   It will be easy if Ware is ruled out.

QB - Mahomes

RB- Chubb, Mack, and one of Damian willams (wish he didn't play sunday night), Samuels (connor probably back), coleman, drake, gus Edwards (not a terrible matchup with the chargers), doug martin

WR - Hopkins, Ju-Ju

TE-Gronk (I have nothing better)

D - Bears

K-Lutz

one of my pet peeves is when people say need 3 or more and at least 1 is an obvious no doubt starter in the list.

in your case you have 3 no doubters (chubb theilen, gordon). 4th would be OBJ if he's deemed heathly and reports say he's playing a full compliment of snaps.... otherwise i'd roster baldwin and ware... play D williams if ware out... or play baldwin if ware usage not clear

d's are all pretty even. pats and cowboys going against TO prone teams (granted winston has been much better with ball as of late). when all are even i prefer starting home team defenses... so i guess i'd go pats but wouldnt blame you if you went DAL
It's easier to do it that way because game time's etc.  Last week it was the same due to injuries and Thursday/Sat.

I have Chubb, Thielen in now.  If Gordon doesn't play Saturday, I don't think I want to play Justin Jackson so he's likely a drop?  (only 4 bench spots)

OBJ plays Sunday afternoon, and I'd like to go after Derrick Henry but he plays Saturday.

So I like your idea of Baldwin/Ware/D.Williams

So you'd be dropping Rivers and Justin Jackson?  What if Rodgers sits?

Also staying away from Keenan Allen?

Cam was supposed to be my guy I rode off into the championship sunset with. Now I’m looking at a waiver wire full of bottom 6-8 QBs and sick to my stomach. 
What are the 6-8 options available?  Might be a diamond in the rough, or at least somebody with a halfway decent matchup.

What are the 6-8 options available?  Might be a diamond in the rough, or at least somebody with a halfway decent matchup.
Carr vs DEN

Foles vs HOU

Mariota vs WAS

Stanford vs MIN

Darnold vs GB

Keenum @ OAK

Eli @ IND

Curtently have a bid in for Foles but I don’t feel great about any of these. The final are Driskel, josh Johnson and Tannehill. That’s it. 

QB:

RB/WR:

Defense:

Mayfield seems like the safest play of those QB's.  

I'd go Carson, Conner, and Mack, although I do think the MIA run defense is tempting.  But, Jacksonville has been so unpredictable, and their offense in general has been just bad.  The tough part about Michel is that there are other backs who get most of the targets in the passing game (he hasn't caught a pass in two straight games).  Did you say this is PPR?  

I like the IND Def idea.

Pick a QB

Jared Goff @ arizona in a tough matchup 
Josh Allen @ new england in a plus matchup
Kirk Cousins @ Detroit

Also

Pick a defense:
Miami at home vs a Jacksonville team that's given up
Denver at Oakland on Monday night in potential rain
Dallas home vs Tampa Bay and interception happy Winston

Carr vs DEN

Foles vs HOU

Mariota vs WAS

Stanford vs MIN

Darnold vs GB

Keenum @ OAK

Eli @ IND

Curtently have a bid in for Foles but I don’t feel great about any of these. The final are Driskel, josh Johnson and Tannehill. That’s it. 
I would stay away from Stafford, Mariota, and Eli, for various reasons.  Stafford has been rough of late, and now faces a MIN defense that sacked him like 11 times the last time they played.  He's also only averaged 155 yards over his past two games... I don't see that improving a ton against MIN, even though he (and DET in general) have played the Vikings tough in the past.  Mariota may not have to throw much, if TEN gets in front.  And, Eli is too inconsistent.  Even if OBJ plays, I don't trust him.  

Carr would probably be my choice.  A lot of things indicate that he should have a solid game.  Was lights out the last time they faced DEN (29/32 for 290 and a score).  He hasn't thrown a pick SINCE WEEK 5.  And, over his past 3 games, he's averaging 290 and 2 TD's per game.  I think he'll be solid again.  

After that, I have Foles, Darnold, and Keenum all very close together, but they all make me more nervous that Carr, who I think has the highest floor of the bunch.

I would stay away from Stafford, Mariota, and Eli, for various reasons.  Stafford has been rough of late, and now faces a MIN defense that sacked him like 11 times the last time they played.  He's also only averaged 155 yards over his past two games... I don't see that improving a ton against MIN, even though he (and DET in general) have played the Vikings tough in the past.  Mariota may not have to throw much, if TEN gets in front.  And, Eli is too inconsistent.  Even if OBJ plays, I don't trust him.  

Carr would probably be my choice.  A lot of things indicate that he should have a solid game.  Was lights out the last time they faced DEN (29/32 for 290 and a score).  He hasn't thrown a pick SINCE WEEK 5.  And, over his past 3 games, he's averaging 290 and 2 TD's per game.  I think he'll be solid again.  

After that, I have Foles, Darnold, and Keenum all very close together, but they all make me more nervous that Carr, who I think has the highest floor of the bunch.
Yeah Stafford, Eli and mariota were definitely off the radar for me. 

Carr certainly has me intrigued, the rest of my team is good enough that I’m just hoping for at least double digits from one of these guys. Another Cam stinker would surely sink me. I’m sure I’ll be going back and forth between Carr, foles, Darnold and keenum all week. I do like the floor. Appreciate the input. 

QB: Goff @ ARI or Ryan @CAR.  I don't trust Goff after the last 2 weeks, and Carolina is only 21st against the pass.

RB: Looks like Gordon will be back alongside CMC 

WR: Julio, Tyreek and then one of Landry, Westbrook,  or Coutee 

TE: Kittle

PK: Butker or I go to the WW

DEF: Minnesota
I'd go with Ryan, and stick with Butker.  Tough call at WR, but I'd lean towards Westbrook, even though I think Landry might have the higher floor.

I'm looking at one of J.Conner/Breida/Dam. Williams to pair up with CMC.

Also, I reeeeeally need Nuk's ankle to be ok!

QB:

RB/WR:

Defense:

I’d go Mayfield; I think he shreds Cincy at home.  Conner, Mack, Carson. I think those 3 are heavily involved health assumed. Toss up on D.  Lean Indy if ODB is out. 

I'm looking at one of J.Conner/Breida/Dam. Williams to pair up with CMC.

Also, I reeeeeally need Nuk's ankle to be ok!
Conner

Williams

Breida

That’s my order and assumes Ware is out. 

Okay I’ll preface this that the league is dynasty before I get the finger or “can I play in your league” comments.  :D

QB - Brees or Ryan?  I can’t bring myself to bench Brees at home but the last 3 weeks have been baaaaaad.  Facing Mahomes so I need a solid game. 

RB - I have 4 RBs and can start 3.  Gurley, Gordon, Kamara and Chubb. Yes, cry me a river.  I know Gurley is a lock if he’s active. Gordon would be too, but is he a full load and the match up is meh.  Kamara has upside but with Lutz, too, I live and die with NO.  Then not sure I can bench Chubb - he was 120 and 2 in cincy week 12 (I believe).  

TE - I cant bench Ertz right?  Other option is Njoku.  

Okay I’ll preface this that the league is dynasty before I get the finger or “can I play in your league” comments.  :D

QB - Brees or Ryan?  I can’t bring myself to bench Brees at home but the last 3 weeks have been baaaaaad.  Facing Mahomes so I need a solid game. 

RB - I have 4 RBs and can start 3.  Gurley, Gordon, Kamara and Chubb. Yes, cry me a river.  I know Gurley is a lock if he’s active. Gordon would be too, but is he a full load and the match up is meh.  Kamara has upside but with Lutz, too, I live and die with NO.  Then not sure I can bench Chubb - he was 120 and 2 in cincy week 12 (I believe).  

TE - I cant bench Ertz right?  Other option is Njoku.  
Brees, and Ertz should be in there.   As beastly as Gordon is, I don't like the match up, and I think he may be splitting carries against a solid run D. I would go with the others.

Is anyone starting David Johnson? He was useless after that first drive last week...and other weeks where the coaches forget about him or they fall behind and throw (feels like we'll get both this week).

Must start 2 RBs...pickings are slim:  Michel, Conner /Samuels, Ware, pick up Elijah Maquire?

Brees, and Ertz should be in there.   As beastly as Gordon is, I don't like the match up, and I think he may be splitting carries against a solid run D. I would go with the others.
If Gordon practices all week, I think you need to consider him over Gurley who may only play the first half.

Goff @ Ari or Ryan @ Car

I made the wrong choice week 15 and started Goff it almost costed me a ride to the ship.
Same boat, and I think I'm going Ryan. He's had one legit stinker all year (week 1) while Goff has 3 weeks < 10 points and barely over that last week.  Since the Rams bye, he's put up 8.3, -0.3 and 10.7 in my league.

I'd go with Ryan, and stick with Butker.  Tough call at WR, but I'd lean towards Westbrook, even though I think Landry might have the higher floor.
Landry has 5 weeks of 10+ (non-PPR) points all season, with games of 1.1, 3.9, 5.0, 2.2, 3.0 and 3.7 over his last 9 games. That's a pretty low floor to me.  Westbrook has a few stinkers too, but only 4 games below 9.8 in that same span.  I mean it's my WR3 in a 16-team league, so I can't expect double digits every week.

WW bids out for Tim Patrick and Josh Reynolds.

Conner owner here:  even if he plays I’m not starting him.  Samuels is effective and healthy - will split touches.  And, the NO D is a monster right now.  Going Lindsay again (gulp).   

Users who are viewing this thread