Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fantasycurse42

***Championship Week Thread***

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, rafbennett said:

edwards

Why Edwards over Michel?  Expecting positive gamescript NE home vs Buff.  Balt can fall behind with LAC as favs at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Why Edwards over Michel?  Expecting positive gamescript NE home vs Buff.  Balt can fall behind with LAC as favs at home.

i own both, luckily i dont have to start either. too many mouths to feed in NE. Balt should try to control gameflow and pound the ball. Michel has the higher ceiling but lower floor. 4 of michels last 5 games have been under 8 PPR points. Depends how you feel about your chances. You need upside? Take Sony, want at least 10 with a chance at more? Go Gus. 

12-1 Starting zeke, Carson, and Henry. Bench is Gus, connor, Sony. 

Best of luck to you.

Edited by rafbennett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rafbennett said:

i own both, luckily i dont have to start either. too many mouths to feed in NE. Balt should try to control gameflow and pound the ball. Michel has the higher ceiling but lower floor. 4 of michels last 5 games have been under 8 PPR points. Depends how you feel about your chances. You need upside? Take Sony, want at least 10 with a chance at more? Go Gus. 

12-1 Starting zeke, Carson, and Henry. Bench is Gus, connor, Sony. 

Best of luck to you.

Have Henry as well.  Best of luck. I need two from Gus @ LAC, Michel vs Buff, Coleman @ Car

Sit Michel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Have Henry as well.  Best of luck. I need two from Gus @ LAC, Michel vs Buff, Coleman @ Car

Sit Michel?

I hate to say it as he won me many weeks but sit Sony. Coleman and Sony both boom or bust. Ill take the guy with less mouths to feed in Coleman as Ito is now on IR. Hopefully Henry can make up for any inefficiencies from whoever u decide to start. 

*sorta feel like NE would wanna save sony for the playoffs, just a hunch.

 

Edited by rafbennett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PPR start 2

Cooper, Evans, K. Allen, Edelman.

Dont wanna risk another goosegg from Allen. Would anyone start Edelman with Josh Gordon out over any of the other 2?

Edited by rafbennett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rafbennett said:

PPR start 2

Cooper, Evans, K. Allen, Edelman.

Dont wanna risk another goosegg from Allen. Would anyone start Edelman over any of the other 2?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rafbennett said:

even with news of gordon out?

now you have a tough one. good luck deciding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon out takes away one less option in a coin flip for final spot in my lineup.

Need one more WR/TE between Robby Anderson Tyler Lockett, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Tim Patrick, Vance McDonald, Chris Herndon.

1pt PPR

1pt 10yds receiving/rushing

1pt 20yds return

So far Robby Anderson is winning the coin flips lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Truebluey said:

Got in comfortably with the #2 seed and a bye, then crushed my Panthers-heavy opponent last week (Cam, McCaffrey, Thomas, DJ Moore) as he also got nothing out of Lindsay and Jarvis Landry.

I will be the decided underdog this week against the #1 (11-2) team who has great matchups with Chubb, Derrick Henry, and Saquon, and who also has Kelce, Deshaun Watson and Juju. Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Most of my lineup is locked in, looking for advice at 1 spot (flex). My QB is Luck, RBs are Kamara and Mixon, WRs are Diggs and Hill. I have noone at TE sigh. Brate prolly.

Who would you advise I choose for Flex?

David Johnson (I can see a very negative game script against a fired-up Rams)

Mark Ingram (Saints have to get going again right?)

Kenny Golladay (Can I trust Stafford to look his way a lot again this week?)

Jaylen Samuels (Connor sounds very iffy and McCaffrey did well against them last week)

Damien Williams (looking like Ware plays this week, so probably not)

We have similar squads — DJ Hill Golloday Samuels. Now I have Mahomes and am favored by a decent margin so I want high floor guys. So benching DJ for Elijah Maguire (never thought I’d be doing this at the beginning of the season) and Golloday for Edelman. Non ppr. 

Edited by sped1103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Conner, who's day to day, and it's not looking good......but my opponent has Gurley, and  reading between McVays lines and the signing of CJ, and they are playing the Cards, is saying he's more than likely gonna sit, or at least not have many touches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non ppr league. 

Pick 2 - Melvin Gordon, Mixon, chubb 

pick 2 - Keenan Allen, Edelman, Anderson, fitz, Foster (buf)

pick 2 - Ian Thomas / Herndon /Goedert/ Vernon Davis (I got ravaged at te)

long time local league. Big bragging rights every year. Just lookin for a lil input. Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Truebluey said:

Got in comfortably with the #2 seed and a bye, then crushed my Panthers-heavy opponent last week (Cam, McCaffrey, Thomas, DJ Moore) as he also got nothing out of Lindsay and Jarvis Landry.

I will be the decided underdog this week against the #1 (11-2) team who has great matchups with Chubb, Derrick Henry, and Saquon, and who also has Kelce, Deshaun Watson and Juju. Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Most of my lineup is locked in, looking for advice at 1 spot (flex). My QB is Luck, RBs are Kamara and Mixon, WRs are Diggs and Hill. I have noone at TE sigh. Brate prolly.

Who would you advise I choose for Flex?

David Johnson (I can see a very negative game script against a fired-up Rams)

Mark Ingram (Saints have to get going again right?)

Kenny Golladay (Can I trust Stafford to look his way a lot again this week?)

Jaylen Samuels (Connor sounds very iffy and McCaffrey did well against them last week)

Damien Williams (looking like Ware plays this week, so probably not)

Samuels has to be the pick if Connor doesn’t play. 

If connor does play, I think I would go DJ and hope he gets some extra attention in the passing game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still struggling with Rodgers vs. Rivers

And who to pair with Chubb/Thielen (need 2 more in PPR)   OBJ, K. Allen, Melvin Gordon, Damian Williams, Baldwin.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Still struggling with Rodgers vs. Rivers

And who to pair with Chubb/Thielen (need 2 more in PPR)   OBJ, K. Allen, Melvin Gordon, Damian Williams, Baldwin.

 

 

Rivers, Rodgers worries me. Something flared up a lil in game, I imagine he comes out. No need to risk possible further injury being out of playoff hunt

Out of the other group I’d say Gordon and probably Baldwin. Hard to pass on Allen, but that’s a lot of eggs in the chargers basket and he had that injury last week, and Seattle should need to throw against KC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jerseys finest said:

Rivers, Rodgers worries me. Something flared up a lil in game, I imagine he comes out. No need to risk possible further injury being out of playoff hunt

Out of the other group I’d say Gordon and probably Baldwin. Hard to pass on Allen, but that’s a lot of eggs in the chargers basket and he had that injury last week, and Seattle should need to throw against KC

I was leaning Gordon at spot #3 -  But what if OBJ is healthy and active Sunday? I think I'd have to play him? if OBJ sits, and then they announce Ware is out Sunday, do I play Damian Williams with Ware out, or Baldwin there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

In 2, but facing Mahomes, Dalvin Cook, and McCaffrey in both leagues.   It's going to be tough.

Not if Cam is out. Is there anyone else for the defense to focus on? Put 3 guys on McCaffrey and the offense is lost. There's no way he should have a big game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

I was leaning Gordon at spot #3 -  But what if OBJ is healthy and active Sunday? I think I'd have to play him? if OBJ sits, and then they announce Ware is out Sunday, do I play Damian Williams with Ware out, or Baldwin there?

 

I can’t imagine obj plays. Season is over, why risk your franchise WR? And yes, if Ware is out, definitely run Williams and Gordon. If obj does play, I’d still run Williams if ware is out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

Still struggling with Rodgers vs. Rivers

And who to pair with Chubb/Thielen (need 2 more in PPR)   OBJ, K. Allen, Melvin Gordon, Damian Williams, Baldwin.

 

 

I am in the same spot and I added Prescott on waivers this week as well.  I am playing Rodgers assuming he plays.  Prescott, if Rodgers doesn't play.  Rivers on a Saturday against the Ravens is concerning to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am in the same spot and I added Prescott on waivers this week as well.  I am playing Rodgers assuming he plays.  Prescott, if Rodgers doesn't play.  Rivers on a Saturday against the Ravens is concerning to me.

Yeah I'm leaning Rodgers as well. He's banged up with a groin.  I keep finding excuses for him every week but still thinking he wants to make some sort of statement Rodgers game, playing banged up this year, when he was shut down last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am in the same spot and I added Prescott on waivers this week as well.  I am playing Rodgers assuming he plays.  Prescott, if Rodgers doesn't play.  Rivers on a Saturday against the Ravens is concerning to me.

Hear ya. I have been rolling with Rivers all season. He has yet to leave me hanging. This would obviously not be a good time for it, though. BAL has been tough on QBs (among others). I have Prescott and I am contemplating starting him instead. I think he has a higher ceiling though (at this point) I trust Rivers more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rafbennett said:

agreed, start darnold and hope for the best. 

Hope for the best, expecting meh. But the cupboard is pretty bare on this one...i mean, Heinicke is available? 

I'm still debating between Darnold and Foles and probably won't make up my mind until Sunday at 12:30 PM EST.

Edited by JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

No one else is over thinking thier D? All of you have the Bears or something? 

Have Denver vs Oakland or Indy vs NYG. (Going against the Bears though)

I like Denver, but not sure if I want to stick with them and see how well they play for a lame duck coach and a banged up secondary.

Indy at home with something to play for against a NYG team that has not looked good is tempting.

Cleveland was available too, but the jokers in this league are still picking up people even after they have been eliminated (which is another topic for another thread...), it even costs them money to do so...baffling.

Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Packers... are available as well.

Edited by Arancione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, -OZ- said:

That's huge for us. 

If he is slated to start do you trust him?

I need the upside so I'm pretty sure I have to roll with him. Other options are Cohen, Carson, Mack and Michel. Start 2 or 3.  Really not sure at this point but leaning Gordon and Cohen. 

WR - pretty sure I'm rolling with Roby Anderson. Mike Williams if Allen is out, Tyler lockett or Robert Foster. 

TE - brate, Ian Thomas or Hooper? Probably Hooper but not sure. 

So many decisions!

LA seems content to sit him if they don’t feel he’s ready. When he came back from his earlier injuries he was good to go and put up numbers. I take the stance if he’s active they are going to ride him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rafbennett said:

samuels for sure as connor wont play, playing yahoo by chance? you can start him at TE and slide Williams in at flex.

No, not Yahoo.   

If all 3 have their lead back out, who do we all like out of:

D Williams @ Seattle

J Samuels @ NO

John Kelly @ ARI

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arancione said:

Have Denver vs Oakland or Indy vs NYG. (Going against the Bears though)

I like Denver, but not sure if I want to stick with them and see how well they play for a lame duck coach and a banged up secondary.

Indy at home with something to play for against a NYG team that has not looked good is tempting.

Cleveland was available too, but the jokers in this league are still picking up people even after they have been eliminated (which is another topic for another thread...), it even costs them money to do so...baffling.

Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Packers... are available as well.

Redraft? 

I'd consider a rule against waivers during the playoffs if your team isn't alive. 

But not if dynasty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Arancione said:

Cleveland was available too, but the jokers in this league are still picking up people even after they have been eliminated (which is another topic for another thread...), it even costs them money to do so...baffling.

 

Similar situation - but a twist.  In our league they draw lots for draft picks based on chances determined by reverse order of standing (AFTER playoffs) and all teams play throughout the playoffs...even though only the only games that matter are the winners playing for the championship.  So yes the 5-12 are still playing consolation games during weeks 15-16.  This gives incentive to people to tank to better their lottery chances.  That in turn allows the savvy teams that are still alive to pluck free agents dropped by the tanking owners.  So far nothing egregious in the last three years and for the most part it involves people not making moves, just not starting their best lineups once eliminated...but the potential is there so I have been pushing for roster lock of eliminated teams (bottom 4 after Week 13, and all 4 losers after week 14 when quarterfinals are completed) - or draft picks based on final standing after regular season - or draft picks 1-8 for regular season standings and 9-12 determined by the games from the 4 teams left after week 14 (since we pay top 3 so they all have something to play for).

ETA - Redraft - I would not make any waiver limitations for Dynasty.

Edited by Mr. Know-It-All
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Redraft? 

I'd consider a rule against waivers during the playoffs if your team isn't alive. 

But not if dynasty.

Redraft. Going to have to put in a rule, was just precedence, but looks like we have to do something official (one guy made 6 waiver claims after he was eliminated...).

1 hour ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Similar situation - but a twist.  In our league they draw lots for draft picks based on chances determined by reverse order of standing (AFTER playoffs) and all teams play throughout the playoffs...even though only the only games that matter are the winners playing for the championship.  So yes the 5-12 are still playing consolation games during weeks 15-16.  This gives incentive to people to tank to better their lottery chances.  That in turn allows the savvy teams that are still alive to pluck free agents dropped by the tanking owners.  So far nothing egregious in the last three years and for the most part it involves people not making moves, just not starting their best lineups once eliminated...but the potential is there so I have been pushing for roster lock of eliminated teams (bottom 4 after Week 13, and all 4 losers after week 14 when quarterfinals are completed) - or draft picks based on final standing after regular season - or draft picks 1-8 for regular season standings and 9-12 determined by the games from the 4 teams left after week 14 (since we pay top 3 so they all have something to play for).

ETA - Redraft - I would not make any waiver limitations for Dynasty.

Yeah, lots of room for shenanigans there. Your proposal sounds fair, I'll suggest we implement something similar. We pay the top 3 too, so the consolation game folks can and should be able to make some moves.

We also have a loser bracket and the first team to lose 2 hosts the neighborhood BBQ (Loser Q) - but they're done semifinals week (losers of the first round play each other). So 2 loser bracket winners lock after the first round, 2nd round locks the loser loser bracket 😀 leaving 4 teams open for the finals.

Could also jack up the cost for playoff moves for eliminated teams. The transaction funds go to the LoserQ funds so some may feel like "donating" for more beer.

Still deciding on my defense, anyone have thoughts on Denver or Indy? (or Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Packers...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Phenomena said:

Not if Cam is out. Is there anyone else for the defense to focus on? Put 3 guys on McCaffrey and the offense is lost. There's no way he should have a big game.

Except Cam has been total crap for a while now, and McCaffrey has been producing consistently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.10 per rec / .03 per yrd / 6 pts per TD

Which WR do you go with?  DJ Moore -Carolina or Josh Reynolds -Rams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yenrub said:

.10 per rec / .03 per yrd / 6 pts per TD

Which WR do you go with?  DJ Moore -Carolina or Josh Reynolds -Rams?

reynolds easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Arancione said:

Redraft. Going to have to put in a rule, was just precedence, but looks like we have to do something official (one guy made 6 waiver claims after he was eliminated...).

 

I have to admit, I'm someone who does this. In one league I'm 7-8 and I want to finish with a winning record (we play through week 17). Why? I don't know. 9-8 feels like a better year than 7-10. I also play spoiler if I'm out of it. I just feel like I only get so many weeks of fantasy football, and I want to play as much as I can. 

But I'd understand if there was a rule in place. I'm in the title game in another league and it is annoying to see eliminated teams poach decent waiver wire players when they have "nothing" to play for. 

In a third league I was eliminated in the semis, but have a third-place payout to play for. But honestly, even if the game didn't matter I'd submit a waiver claim. If there's an opponent in front of me, I want to try and win.

So I get why you'd put in a rule, but I also understand why owners do something like that. They're not necessarily trying to mess with the remaining teams. They want to notch another W. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have Luck, Tyreek, Thielen, AB, Cooks, and Kelce locked in.

Going 4 wide like I have pretty much all year. Gotta start 1RB from McCoy, Miller, Gus, Adams, and Justin Jackson. Was probably leaning Miller but he's banged up and may go McCoy. Hard to get excited about any of them.

At PK I've got Fairbairn over Tucker.

At DT I need Seattle vs the Chiefs or Baltimore @ the Chargers. Leaning Baltimore.

Edited by cap'n grunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, Arancione said:

Have Denver vs Oakland or Indy vs NYG. (Going against the Bears though)

I like Denver, but not sure if I want to stick with them and see how well they play for a lame duck coach and a banged up secondary.

Indy at home with something to play for against a NYG team that has not looked good is tempting.

Cleveland was available too, but the jokers in this league are still picking up people even after they have been eliminated (which is another topic for another thread...), it even costs them money to do so...baffling.

Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Packers... are available as well.

Between Den & Indy, I like Indy best but I would pick up Dallas and play them. 

For me, I have to pick 2 from among Philly, NO, Atl, and the Jets. Though Atl got me 34 pts last week (2 pts per sack + yardage thresholds, etc.) I think I'm going Philly (banking on 4 or 5 sacks vs Watson & Houston's OL + a fairly weak rushing attack) and NO, hoping that Ben craps it on the road.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggling with my once-dominant WR corps in a standard 10 team league where we start 4 WRs:

I've got Antonio, Julio, Keenan, and C. Davis currently going, with Anderson, Foster, and Boyd (out) on the bench. I'm a moderate favorite. Should I put Anderson in for Davis or Allen today or save him as Julio's replacement tomorrow or use both Anderson and Foster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fear The Turtle said:

Struggling with my once-dominant WR corps in a standard 10 team league where we start 4 WRs:

I've got Antonio, Julio, Keenan, and C. Davis currently going, with Anderson, Foster, and Boyd (out) on the bench. I'm a moderate favorite. Should I put Anderson in for Davis or Allen today or save him as Julio's replacement tomorrow or use both Anderson and Foster? 

The tricky part is you have to make a decision on benching Davis within the next 5 hours and possibly not have clarity on the playing statuses of both Allen and Jones until afterwards.  Like I'm not at all thrilled about Corey Davis given that it's now the Derrick Henry show in Nashville but you could be looking at a hypothetical scenario where you've benched Davis and then Allen and Jones both sit out.  I think you have to keep Davis in your lineup unless there's a safe volume play still available on your wire.  Dropping Boyd for one of those would afford you some more flexibility.

Edited by Lascelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lascelle said:

The tricky part is you have to make a decision on benching Davis within the next 5 hours and possibly not have clarity on the playing statuses of both Allen and Jones until afterwards.  Like I'm not at all thrilled about Corey Davis given that it's now the Derrick Henry show in Nashville but you could be looking at a hypothetical scenario where you've benched Davis and then Allen and Jones both sit out.  I think you have to keep Davis in your lineup unless there's a safe volume play still available on your wire.  Dropping Boyd for one of those would afford you some more flexibility.

Thanks for chiming in. Unfortunately, no FAs excite me at all. Hogan? I like Davis better, esp. since Wash has been burned by WRs recently. Hopefully, Tenn can drop a bomb on Wash (I have Henry, too) and I'll be able to go the conservative route by sitting Allen and not risking a quick exit by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m oddly considering Alshon Jeffrey over Mike Evans.

Anyone actually considering CJ Anderson? Might put him in over Fournette & Michel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I’m oddly considering Alshon Jeffrey over Mike Evans.

Anyone actually considering CJ Anderson? Might put him in over Fournette & Michel.

I have jeffrey and am real worried about this illness he's had and how it'll impact his stamina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I nuts for considering Alshon Jeffrey over Mike Evans in PPR? 

Byron Jones is beasting this year.

Then whoever I sit out of those 2 winds up in the flex mix, where I need one out of Fournette, Michel, CJA, Evans/Jeffrey.

Ive flip flopped on this 100x

Edited by fantasycurse42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Julio Jones plays then my only question is who to start at flex 

Have Baldwin, CJ Anderson and Breida. Also just picked up Blue, who's definitely not my boy and a plodder but Miller is out 

0.5 ppr, 1 point per 10 yards rushed and received, 2 point bonus for 100, 150 and 200 yards (doubtful any of them will get that many yards) 

Leaning towards Baldwin. Thoughts are welcome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.