What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Christmas song? (1 Viewer)

Silver Bells. I just love the imagery of the lyrics.

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style
In the air there's a feeling of Christmas
Children laughing, people passing
Meeting smile after smile
And on every street corner you hear

Strings of street lights, even stoplights
Blinkin' bright red and green
As the shoppers rush home with their treasures
Hear the snow crunch, see the kids bunch
This is Santa's big day
And above all this bustle you hear

Feliz Navidad, the correct answer is Feliz Navidad

My favorite to actually sing along to is Elvis’ Blue Christmas

I secretly love the hell out of Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You (I want you too, Mariah, always have)

Any option from Sinatra, Como, or Bing could easily and justifiably be labeled as the most classic

Andy Williams kills it for me, but there are just so many great Christmas songs that it's impossible to name 1. 

The theme from "Die Hard".

GET IT? 

I SAID 'THE THEME FROM DIE HARD'!  

SEE, DIE HARD IS A BALLS-OUT ACTION MOVIE THAT JUST HAPPENS TO TAKE PLACE AT CHRISTMAS.  SO WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME WHAT MY CHRISTMAS MOVIE IS MY FAVORITE I ALWAYS ANSWER "DIE HARD" GET IT?  

IT'S REALLY AN ACTION MOVIE BUT TECHNICALLY YOU COULD CALL IT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE...WHICH I DO.  GET IT?

Last edited by a moderator:
A silent night.

Meaning, my favorite song is the long-awaited, blessed absence of the continuous, unrelenting, unavoidable cacophony of Xmas songs the day after the 25th.

Signed,

Scrooge.

Bah humbug.

(ETA: gun to my head? Springsteen's Santa Clause is Coming to Town because a) Springsteen and b) The Big Man ho ho hoing making Bruce sing through chuckes.)

Yo, who's adding all these songs to the ***Official FBG Christmas Playlist*** on Spotify???

Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy (Bowie/Crosby) has always been one of my favorites.

O Holy Night is my absolute favorite one to sing in church...or better yet to listen to because I don't sing really well.

OrtonToOlsen said:
The theme from "Die Hard".

GET IT? 

I SAID 'THE THEME FROM DIE HARD'!  

SEE, DIE HARD IS A BALLS-OUT ACTION MOVIE THAT JUST HAPPENS TO TAKE PLACE AT CHRISTMAS.  SO WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME WHAT MY CHRISTMAS MOVIE IS MY FAVORITE I ALWAYS ANSWER "DIE HARD" GET IT?  

IT'S REALLY AN ACTION MOVIE BUT TECHNICALLY YOU COULD CALL IT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE...WHICH I DO.  GET IT?
If it was not Christmas the main character would not even be in town for all the events that follow. So the movie would not then even exist without it being a Christmas movie.

Can't really explain why, but O holy night has always hit me in the soft spot.  Definitely my favorite Christmas song.

I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake/ELP

They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the virgin birth
I remember one Christmas morning
A winter's light and a distant choir
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas tree smell
And their eyes full of tinsel and fire

They sold me a dream of Christmas
They sold me a silent night
And they told me a fairy story
'Till I believed in the Israelite
And I believed in father Christmas
And I looked to the sky with excited eyes
'Till I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn
And I saw him and through his disguise

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish, pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
Hallelujah, Noel be it heaven or hell
The Christmas we get we deserve

I have a lot of favorite xmas songs and almost all of them are classics.   Big fan of Jingle Bell Rock and Sleigh Ride.  A few by Andy Williams and the Carpenters really put me in the Holiday spirit.   Karen Carpenters voice is outstanding.  I should probably listen to her sing year round instead of only during December   

This year, I like Run, Run, Rudolph more than ever but I can't call it a favorite.  

Users who are viewing this thread