What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (1 Viewer)

Didn't he offer up another wager a few months back, but then backed out once the terms were negotiated? 
Not sure. 

This bet in particular wouldn’t be a good one to make unless it’s decide by what make believe Trump tweets or Hannity announces on his show.

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers
This makes no sense. The post to which you were replying was very clearly referring to the previous offer.  If he gets 5 billion in exchange for a legislative fix for DREAMers then he's clearly gotten a "much lesser deal and he will be stuck making up bigger lies than normal to cover his enormous screw up," just as @The General said. Specifically, he would have lost $20 billion as compared to the last offer.

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers
For clarity:

The bet you’re offering is he’ll get the $5B rn, in this series of negotiations, for the next CR/Omnibill whatever it’s called to re-open the government?

Youre saying unequivocally Trump will get exactly the amount he wants with respect to border/wall funding in the current showdown?

Is that right? That is the bet?

For clarity:

The bet you’re offering is he’ll get the $5B rn, in this series of negotiations, for the next CR/Omnibill whatever it’s called to re-open the government?

Youre saying unequivocally Trump will get exactly the amount he wants with respect to border/wall funding in the current showdown?

Is that right? That is the bet?
Hoooboy

fair question and if I can over the next few days I'll try to look

googling key words illegal immigrants, MS13, gang etc and there is a lot of information out there

nobody said gangs were the #1 reason ......... gangs, human trafficking, drugs, criminals ...... all that comes with illegally here people like it or not and if even one US citizen life can be saved, isn't it worth it ? 

will a Go Fund Me work for a wall? absolutely not - its ridiculous and I can't believe people have sent money .... baffles me
So should we confiscate everyone's guns?

Just to add to the fun:

The budget for the CDC is $5.66 billion.  How many lives could we save if we doubled their budget instead of building a wall?

https://www.cdc.gov/budget/documents/fy2019/cdc-overview-factsheet.pdf

Oh - and the President's 2019 budget request of $5.66 Billion is down from $7 Billion last year - but nobody will care until an American gets Ebola.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GoFundMe can work.  Of course it's not going to pay the whole thing.  But it can get crucial preliminary engineering and other pre-construction/ROW activities going while additional funding is secured and savings from the USMCA are realized and applied.

If Trump agrees to protect the Dreamers for 5b instead of the previous 25b I hope the Democrats take that. 

The GoFundMe can work.  Of course it's not going to pay the whole thing.  But it can get crucial preliminary engineering and other pre-construction/ROW activities going while additional funding is secured and savings from the USMCA are realized and applied.
I see no reason to stop people from pooling their money together and getting plans drawn up to present to the government with a request for funding.  For any project whatsoever.

It's raised 18 million dollars and is creeping to a halt. Donations have all but stopped.  It's ten games for Joe Flacco.

This makes no sense. The post to which you were replying was very clearly referring to the previous offer.  If he gets 5 billion in exchange for a legislative fix for DREAMers then he's clearly gotten a "much lesser deal and he will be stuck making up bigger lies than normal to cover his enormous screw up," just as @The General said. Specifically, he would have lost $20 billion as compared to the last offer.
Also shut down the government for a couple weeks. I wouldn’t let this guy negotiate my cable bill, somehow he runs the country. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The number was 25 billion. Republicans were on board (can’t blame the Dems there, I know you love to do this). Trump threatened to veto. 

Now he’s shut down the government for weeks to try and get 5 billion that he can’t get in hopes of negotiating to get say 2 and claim it’s some huge win.

What a joke this guy is.

Such a sweet kid.

fair question and if I can over the next few days I'll try to look

googling key words illegal immigrants, MS13, gang etc and there is a lot of information out there

nobody said gangs were the #1 reason ......... gangs, human trafficking, drugs, criminals ...... all that comes with illegally here people like it or not and if even one US citizen life can be saved, isn't it worth it ? 

will a Go Fund Me work for a wall? absolutely not - its ridiculous and I can't believe people have sent money .... baffles me
So should we confiscate everyone's guns?
Hoist with his own petard :lol:

I have honestly tried to give up on figuring him out.  I guess I do need to take him at his word that he has ADD.  He certainly doesn't have control of it....he's all over the place with bits and pieces all the time.  I'm sure they make sense in his head, but they certainly don't translate to the keyboard.

People who are willing to spend their life savings and/or walk thousand of miles would never get past a wall. It may as well be a moat filled with sharks breathing fire. 

Users who are viewing this thread