What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (2 Viewers)

Good...once he has the funds from Mexico he can start building :thumbup:
I don't think he said anything about Mexico providing the funds beforehand. Don't move the goalposts.  He's stated over and over that the restructuring of NAFTA into the USMCA will indirectly pay for the wall.  Money is money.  

@butcher boy

What do you propose happen here? Honest question. It’s not the Dems responsibility to fulfill Trump’s campaign promise. 

How do you see a path out of this?
Like I said, I'm sure their deal is filled with funding for all of their own pet projects, but they refuse to add one of Trump's, the one he's been advocating for from the start.  It's  Congress that needs to give a little here. 

And it's all of their responsibility to keep the government running, Congress and Trump.  

I don't think he said anything about Mexico providing the funds beforehand. Don't move the goalposts.  He's stated over and over that the restructuring of NAFTA into the USMCA will indirectly pay for the wall.  Money is money.  
Well, now you're just making #### up :lmao:

The promise was made in 2016.  I will give you $10 billion for every instance of him saying USMCA will indirectly pay for the wall during that time.  #### I'll give you my liver if you need.

He said Mexico would pay for it.  Period.  He didn't say Mexico would reimburse us for it.  Don't move the goalposts indeed :lol:  

Like I said, I'm sure their deal is filled with funding for all of their own pet projects, but they refuse to add one of Trump's, the one he's been advocating for from the start.  It's  Congress that needs to give a little here. 

And it's all of their responsibility to keep the government running, Congress and Trump.  
The Dems offered 25 billion for the wall. The republicans in Congress were on board. 

Isn’t that how it works?

Well, now you're just making #### up :lmao:

The promise was made in 2016.  I will give you $10 billion for every instance of him saying USMCA will indirectly pay for the wall during that time.  #### I'll give you my liver if you need.

He said Mexico would pay for it.  Period.  He didn't say Mexico would reimburse us for it.  Don't move the goalposts indeed :lol:  
He first claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall in August 2015. At the time, he had no specific plan for getting Mexico to pay for it. By April 2016 he was promising to pay for the wall by confiscating wire transfers made between the U.S. and Mexico. Once he became president, he dropped that idea after it was explained to him that the scheme was illegal.

At no point prior to 2017 did Trump claim that Mexico would pay through restructuring NAFTA. This site contains a complete database of all of Trump's speeches, and none of them contain a reference to Mexico paying through NAFTA.

Wrong.  That's something he came up with after Mexico's President told him to go F*** himself.
Who cares when he said what?  Mexico's President said no, so we structured USMCA to pay for it indirectly.  The end result is the same.  

Besides, Obama promised you could keep your own doctors too, but y'all didn't come out of the woodwork for that doozy, did you?

Who cares when he said what?  Mexico's President said no, so we structured USMCA to pay for it indirectly.  The end result is the same.  

Besides, Obama promised you could keep your own doctors too, but y'all didn't come out of the woodwork for that doozy, did you?
Who cares?  He made a 25-30 billion dollar campaign lie. I'll tell you who cares. The American taxpayers who would rather see their money used for something more productive.  More than 60% of the public is against the wall.  The Wannabe-King is finding out the hard way that he doesn't have the power he thought he did.

Can you show me in the agreement where the funds are being set aside to pay for the wall?  Without that you're being dishonest :shrug:  

Oh....and I'll let you peruse the Obamacare thread for my opinions on that one.  Spoiler alert:  I'm kinda pretty consistent :mellow:  

He said Mexico would pay for it dozens if not hundreds of times. Don't y'all remember the chant?

"We're gonna build a wall!"

"Yeah!"

"And Mexico is going to pay for it at some nebulous time in the future through a trickle of funds from a mildly renegotiated NAFTA"! 
Hmmph. What world are you living in? In this world, reality is mutable. Facts are only a matter of perspective. 

Trumpies, for the loss

It’s not everybody else moving goalposts here.  As usual, it’s yiu.

A.  The restructuring isn’t even approved yet.

B.  That isn’t actual savings or providing any funds.

C.  He barely tweaked the old deal and duped you into thinking he won something.

Who is the “their”?  Because it (the CR) passed the senate unanimously.

And you’ve provided nothing showing any pet projects to back up your claims.  Shocking, I know.

Wrong.  That's something he came up with after Mexico's President told him to go F*** himself.
1. you obviously care because you've been telling lies about it all day here.

2. USMCA was never structured to pay for it. Trump didn't even come up with the concept until after USMCA was signed.

Again, you can read his speeches and Tweets to back this up.

This is again false...why are you posting lies?

I kept my plan and my doctor as did millions of others.

Trump repeatedly said that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.  

At least 20 times since 2015

Did he specifically say they would pay upfront?  Paying for the wall indirectly also counts. I never thought Mexico would just write us a check upfront. Your own linked article states that he said they would pay indirectly either through reduced foreign aid and/or through other revenue from Mexico (which I assume is now clarified to be partially through USMCA) 

I know that doesn't count for those of you putting his every word under a microscope, but there is more than one way to pay for something.    

Did he specifically say they would pay upfront?  Paying for the wall indirectly also counts. I never thought Mexico would just write us a check upfront. Your own linked article states that he said they would pay indirectly either through reduced foreign aid and/or through other revenue from Mexico (which I assume is now clarified to be partially through USMCA) 

I know that doesn't count for those of you putting his every word under a microscope, but there is more than one way to pay for something.    
But you specifically stated this was about keeping his word...now we are not to use his actual words?

No not cultish at all.

But you specifically stated this was about keeping his word...now we are not to use his actual words?
His words were that Mexico will pay for the wall.  I asked the question for someone to point to me where he said it would all come in up front.  Unless you can prove otherwise, you guys incorrectly assumed that he meant they would pay for it upfront.  His own words in an article linked here confirm that this is not what he meant.  They will pay for it indirectly, over time.

There is more than one way to keep your doctor.

Also, getting reimbursed is not the same as paying. You only pay once.

Also, there is no language in USCAM which funds the wall. Trump is lying. You are lying to yourself.

Did he specifically say they would pay upfront?  Paying for the wall indirectly also counts
Agreed....just show us where the indirect monies from the new nafta are shown to be allocated and we're good.  Or, you can keep digging doing your best to ignore the reality that he's lied to you and he isn't following through on his promise :shrug:  

His words were that Mexico will pay for the wall.  I asked the question for someone to point to me where he said it would all come in up front.  Unless you can prove otherwise, you guys incorrectly assumed that he meant they would pay for it upfront.  His own words in an article linked here confirm that this is not what he meant.  They will pay for it indirectly, over time.
And Mexico is not paying for this wall.  Not even with your lies that the new deal was structured to do so.

He had no clue what he meant at the time...that has been documented.  It was all throwaway lines but people cheered so he kept pushing it.  That’s what a con man does.

His words were that Mexico will pay for the wall.  I asked the question for someone to point to me where he said it would all come in up front.  Unless you can prove otherwise, you guys incorrectly assumed that he meant they would pay for it upfront.
Unless you can prove otherwise, then you incorrectly assumed that Obama was talking about keeping your doctor without switching plans.

Agreed....just show us where the indirect monies from the new nafta are shown to be allocated and we're good.  Or, you can keep digging doing your best to ignore the reality that he's lied to you and he isn't following through on his promise :shrug:  
He also mentioned reduced foreign aid as a way of paying for it.  We give Mexico $300M a year in foreign aid mainly to help with narcotics, but that obviously isn't money well spent based on the continuing drug and crime problem.  Reduce that aid down significantly and the $5B is paid most likely before construction is completed.  

Hey, ButcherBoy..

If you buy a  2019 Shelby GT350R ($68k or so) and then give it to me, I will pay for it...eventually...indirectly...but don’t put my words under a microscope.

Deal still needs to be approved by Congress.  If there is a line saying x amount goes towards a wall let's see if that gets passed. 

He also mentioned reduced foreign aid as a way of paying for it.  We give Mexico $300M a year in foreign aid mainly to help with narcotics, but that obviously isn't money well spent based on the continuing drug and crime problem.  Reduce that aid down significantly and the $5B is paid most likely before construction is completed.  
Eliminating that 300 million would take over 16 years to get to that $5 billion.

I see math is not your strong suit along with the truth and facts.

I don't think he has the power to do that.  He was elected president not king.  

Eliminating that 300 million would take over 16 years to get to that $5 billion.

It will probably take that long to get it built.  Not familiar with government-run construction projects are we?

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-mexico-wall/how-long-would-it-take-to-build/

And while the U.S. can’t legally force Mexico to pay for U.S. infrastructure, Trump and GOP leaders have suggested that there are other means of recouping construction costs from Mexico. In a January interview, House Speaker Ryan said: “We’re going to pay for it and front the money” and “There are a lot of different ways of getting Mexico to contribute to doing this.”

Trump has also floated the idea of invoking the Patriot Act to cut off remittance payments to Mexico from Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. Mexicans sent home $25.7 billion in remittances in 2016, according to the Banco de Mexico. That's more than 95 percent of all remittances received by Mexico last year. Trump’s proposal would increase the requirements needed to wire money to a foreign nation, making it difficult for immigrants to send money home without documentation proving their legal status.

$300M/$5B is 16.6 years. You're willing to wait 16 2/3 years to get 1/4th of the wall while allowing massive increases in crime and drug trafficking?

And when the first Border Patrol agent is killed by someone who would have been stopped by that $300 million in foreign aid, will you be the first to blame the death on Trump? Will you say that death was an acceptable risk?

I don't think you've thought any of this through.

Say my wife and I save some money by renegotiating the cable bill, I don’t think I’m going to like it if she blows it all on some crap the next month. 

It will probably take that long to get it built.  Not familiar with government-run construction projects are we?
Trump has repeatedly boasted the wall would be built quickly due to his expertise. Why is it that you believe his other lies but not that one?

And it will cost way more than $5 billion too. And that is if you cut off all aid.  Which would cause major issues.

its simply not a serious or feasible solution.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-mexico-wall/how-long-would-it-take-to-build/

And while the U.S. can’t legally force Mexico to pay for U.S. infrastructure, Trump and GOP leaders have suggested that there are other means of recouping construction costs from Mexico. In a January interview, House Speaker Ryan said: “We’re going to pay for it and front the money” and “There are a lot of different ways of getting Mexico to contribute to doing this.”

Trump has also floated the idea of invoking the Patriot Act to cut off remittance payments to Mexico from Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. Mexicans sent home $25.7 billion in remittances in 2016, according to the Banco de Mexico. That's more than 95 percent of all remittances received by Mexico last year. Trump’s proposal would increase the requirements needed to wire money to a foreign nation, making it difficult for immigrants to send money home without documentation proving their legal status.
Congrats on finally discovering something that I linked 2 pages ago.

This plan has nothing to do with NAFTA, though.

Also, it would be illegal, which is why Trump abandoned the idea in 2017.

Also, it wouldn't work because there are other ways of sending money back to Mexico. If you cut off wire transfers, then old fashioned capitalism and innovation (e.g., cryptocurrency) will fill the void.

“Real change begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare." (with... something.  Maybe?)

“we’re going to have insurance for everybody.” (if you exclude a whole bunch of people)

"I Believe In Raising Taxes on the Wealthy, Including Myself" (I also believe in that Jesus guy.  People say he's the best. Lots of people. Even though he sounds Mexican.  Some of them are good, right?)

"We spend $6 trillion in the Middle East and we have potholes all over our highways and our roads ... so we're going to take care of that. Infrastructure — we're going to start spending on infrastructure big. Not like we have a choice. It's not like, oh gee, let's hold it off." (If we don't gut revenue by going against what I professed to believe in and lower taxes while increasing spending during a time of prosperity because all I know is debt and breaking promises)

"I'm working on getting my tax returns out, but it's not like a normal tax return." (Because, you know, all the Presidents before me filed on the 1040E-Z)

"Well, I'm not releasing the tax returns because as you know, they're under audit." (How'd that audit turn out?)

"as soon as the audit's finished." (2020?)

"I got elected, so people must not care about seeing them." (I'm a lying sack of #### and most of you don't care, so F off)

The very definition of drinking the kool-aid.  Jim Jones would have loved you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Say my wife and I save some money by renegotiating the cable bill, I don’t think I’m going to like it if she blows it all on some crap the next month. 
Well according to Trump and his kool-aid drinkers the cable company would be paying for that crap so you shouldn’t care. 

The Trump administration hasn't even bothered to calculate how long it would take for NAFTA to indirectly pay for the wall.

They know that his supporters don't require that information to believe him.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and say that NAFTA would indirectly pay for the wall, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?"

It’s probably just me, but...

How does eliminating or reducing foreign aid (our money) to Mexico equal Mexico paying (their money) for the wall?  Even the “indirectly” angle requires it still being monies from Mexico...

Yeah, it’s probably me that’s confused 

Ok. Great. Once he has the money he can start. He still lied straight to America's face. Keep digging. Let me know when you get tired

Users who are viewing this thread