What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (2 Viewers)

Well, the perfect-in-every-way free market has spoken.  Time to ####can this idea, I guess.
Was just thinking the same thing.  Time to start planning on returning the money back to the people.  At the rate its growing now, most of the first donors will probably be dead by the time it reaches its goal.

Good.  I'm glad you see that.   I can't wait till the red hats discover they were conned out of their money.

Any way to find out?
I'm sure there's some way to find out, but when you set up a GFM campaign, you assign bank account info to it. You can withdraw at any time and it's not like the balance shown decreases as you withdraw. I have not seen any transparency provided by the initiator of this campaign aside from "Trust me, I'm a veteran."

Kolfage said almost 2 weeks ago that there would be a major announcement "in the next week".  Anyone know what that is?  

Point is, you have to admit that it has slowed down to trickle.  At this pace, it'll take 5,000 years to pay for a wall. 
Speaking of trickles, maybe someone can set up a go fund page to pay for the pee tape, see which one gets more donations?

OMG practically going backwards.

They deserve to lose their money.

What does that build? like 1/2 mile of wall?

50 years before they get to a billion...

There now I just saved everybody a bunch of time. 
I'm just shocked that it actually got another 100k in the last 24 hours. When there's 19 million already that the suckers have no idea if they're ever getting it back.  Anyone still donating at this point simply hates having money.

I sincerely hope no one gets scammed on this and the money is refunded

But as I said from the beginning, there are some Nigerian princes desperate to get the donor list 

$19,774,986   
change - $193,915

Huge bump from the speech  :lmao:
The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this.  Trump looked solid, and Pelosi and Schumer looked wooden and even defeated.  I'm sure people who just casually follow politics noticed this.  

The speech was a gamechanger as evidenced by this.  Trump looked solid, and Pelosi and Schumer looked wooden and even defeated.  I'm sure people who just casually follow politics noticed this.  
I take it more as his supporters watching last night and thinking, 'No way in hell is he getting a wall now. Chuck and Nancy b****slapped him". Thus making them dip into their wallets to fund it themselves.

Getzlaf was being sarcastic, buddy.
I thought it was some grade A schtick until I saw his avatar.  oof.

Idaho Statesmen has a FB pool up.  67% against in a huge red state.

To me, this is the great American system of checks and balances working great. A lot of Rep are firing back because they don't want to lose their political capital over this.

Is today the big day?  After getting to 17 million in a few days, this pathetic Gofundme has been limping towards 20 million for weeks. I think today may be the day it finally gets there.  I may even donate $1 to help.   It feels like one of those Ironman videos where the runner is struggling to keep her feet and there's fecal matter running down her thighs and the other runners are helping her cross the finish line.  Although this finish line is only 1/1250th of the way to what they'd actually need.

butcher boy said:
He definietely hit his target audience. His speech was followed by mass emails to his supporters asking for more money to support him for 2020. It was an infomercial to raise money for his re-election campaign more than anything. He isn't even asking Congress for enough money to actually build the wall. 

He definietely hit his target audience. His speech was followed by mass emails to his supporters asking for more money to support him for 2020. It was an infomercial to raise money for his re-election campaign more than anything. He isn't even asking Congress for enough money to actually build the wall. 
He has no plans for the wall...they ask about what 5 billion (or whatever the number is now) will be spent in and he apparently didn’t have an answer.  That’s not a great way to budget things.

Footage obtained by news organizations indicates DHS tested a “steel slatted border” prototype.

They were able to cut through the slats with a saw. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma
Lol. I cant wait for the reports that show bulldozers could knock them down, bombs could blow it up, and that digging a trench underneath it could make it fall. 

I would love to see video footage of the saw cutting through. Especially if it was done at night. Would look awesome. 

I love how they just say "saw" like it is some dork with a hacksaw. 

yeah i'm not getting the significance of being able to saw through it.  it's not made of unobtainium.

Users who are viewing this thread