What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (3 Viewers)

Trump on private border wall segment: “It was only done to make me look bad’

Saying it was done to embarrass him, President Donald Trump on Sunday said a reportedly defective section of his new border wall should not have been built by a private company.

ProPublica and the Texas Tribune reported Thursday that a segment of the wall along the Texas-Mexico border was showing dangerous “signs of erosion“ only months after being completed. The section was constructed by Fisher Industries of North Dakota, whose owner called the design a “Lamborghini.” It cost $42 million.

Washington Post: 

May 23, 2019 at 7:06 PM EDT

President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to four administration officials.

Must have been a different ND construction company trump was pushing to build the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the ol' THE WALL coming along?
Since you asked.  Here is the president just today. 

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

4h

We have now built 240 Miles of new Border Wall on our Southern Border. We will have over 450 Miles built by the end of the year. Have established some of the best Border Numbers ever. The Radical Left Democrats want Open Borders for anyone, including many criminals, to come in!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

4h

We have now built 240 Miles of new Border Wall on our Southern Border. We will have over 450 Miles built by the end of the year. Have established some of the best Border Numbers ever. The Radical Left Democrats want Open Borders for anyone, including many criminals, to come in!
Wow, they’ve done a lot more than I thought. 

Trump on private border wall segment: “It was only done to make me look bad’

Saying it was done to embarrass him, President Donald Trump on Sunday said a reportedly defective section of his new border wall should not have been built by a private company.

ProPublica and the Texas Tribune reported Thursday that a segment of the wall along the Texas-Mexico border was showing dangerous “signs of erosion“ only months after being completed. The section was constructed by Fisher Industries of North Dakota, whose owner called the design a “Lamborghini.” It cost $42 million.

Washington Post: 

May 23, 2019 at 7:06 PM EDT

President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to four administration officials.

Must have been a different ND construction company trump was pushing to build the wall.
The owners don't look trustworthy

How is the ol' THE WALL coming along?

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

4h

From February 2020

Trump has promised to build at least 500 miles of new fencing by early next year, and his administration has completed about 110 miles so far. To meet the president’s targets, crews will need to add about 30 linear miles of barrier per month throughout 2020, more than double the current pace of construction.
linky linky

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

4h

Likelihood of any of that being true? 0.0%

The Commish said:
With the technology at our disposal and sources at the ready, there are still people who believe he's built 200+ miles of new wall?  Really?  oooooof
But how will you stop the caravans without a wall??!

How’s that coming?
In case others have missed this

A wounded Iraq veteran who raised more than $25 million through GoFundMe for a privately built wall along the southwestern border has been arrested and indicted for fraud, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.

Brian Kolfage has been indicted along with Stephen Bannon, a former adviser to President Donald Trump, and two others, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.

“As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction,” Audrey Strauss, the acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a news release.

Kolfage allegedly took more than $350,000 in donations for his personal use and Bannon allegedly received more than $1 million from We Build The Wall, of which he is accused of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on personal expenses, the news release says.

A wounded Iraq veteran who raised more than $25 million through GoFundMe for a privately built wall along the southwestern border has been arrested and indicted for fraud, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.

Brian Kolfage has been indicted along with Stephen Bannon, a former adviser to President Donald Trump, and two others, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.

“As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction,” Audrey Strauss, the acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a news release.

Kolfage allegedly took more than $350,000 in donations for his personal use and Bannon allegedly received more than $1 million from We Build The Wall, of which he is accused of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on personal expenses, the news release says.
Who could have foreseen this? Threads like this are worth rooting back through 2 years later

It's not a scam and he explains how it works.

• How do you know this is not a scam? I'm using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name.
Ooooooooooooooooof.

The first rule of con artistry is to gain the confidence of your mark, which is exactly what Kolfage did in the very first line of his GoFundMe scam.

Ostrich skin suits for everybody!!!!

Wow - I forgot I posted this last year...

Page 16 of this thread...
Yes I’m doing some rooting. Most of it is laughing emojis but I don’t expect any of those guys to respond the same way. This post really stood out though. 

Kolfage exploited his Purple Heart/disabled veteran status the way the Mypillow guy uses the cross dangling on his neck to gain peoples trust. These are the worst people in my opinion. 

Yes I’m doing some rooting. Most of it is laughing emojis but I don’t expect any of those guys to respond the same way. This post really stood out though. 

Kolfage exploited his Purple Heart/disabled veteran status the way the Mypillow guy uses the cross dangling on his neck to gain peoples trust. These are the worst people in my opinion. 
You could've added people who hold up a bible in front of a church for a photo-op.

You could've added people who hold up a bible in front of a church for a photo-op.
Meh, kissing babies type political move, although the walk to the church was pretty bad. Mypillow guy with his crucifix talking about praying for a covid cure on Easter and then gets a call, on Easter still, about a “drug” that can cure covid that he is now a board member of and is pushing as a covid cure, is serving mammon. 

Not surprising: These ‘We Build the Wall’ donors say they aren’t victims of fraud: ‘I hope I get to donate again’

>> “If I had donated $10,000, I wouldn’t want it back,” said 55-year-old Leann Wilson of Turlock, Calif. Wilson said she’s donated small amounts, about $25, a few times since Kolfage launched We Build the Wall as a GoFundMe campaign in 2018.

Wilson said she believes strongly in the need for a border wall to stop drugs coming into the U.S. Some members of her family have struggled with substance use problems, and as the mother of a son who served two tours in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army, she said she was personally struck by Kolfage’s background. Kolfage is a triple amputee and U.S. Air Force veteran.

Wilson said she sees Bannon’s arrest as a “political hit job” and doesn’t mind that her money allegedly benefited Kolfage. “I really just don’t care,” Wilson told MarketWatch. “I totally back them 100%. I could care less if Brian got some money, more power to the guy. [He] suffered protecting our country being sent over to fight a war that I totally don’t agree with.”

Another donor, Mark R. Roberts of Pennsylvania, said he donated multiple times and would not be asking for a refund. “I hope I get to donate again,” Roberts, 58, told MarketWatch. He said he gave about $100 total to the effort, including buying a T-shirt and hoodie with We Build the Wall logos. <<

SoBeDad said:
Not surprising: These ‘We Build the Wall’ donors say they aren’t victims of fraud: ‘I hope I get to donate again’

>> “If I had donated $10,000, I wouldn’t want it back,” said 55-year-old Leann Wilson of Turlock, Calif. Wilson said she’s donated small amounts, about $25, a few times since Kolfage launched We Build the Wall as a GoFundMe campaign in 2018.

Wilson said she believes strongly in the need for a border wall to stop drugs coming into the U.S. Some members of her family have struggled with substance use problems, and as the mother of a son who served two tours in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army, she said she was personally struck by Kolfage’s background. Kolfage is a triple amputee and U.S. Air Force veteran.

Wilson said she sees Bannon’s arrest as a “political hit job” and doesn’t mind that her money allegedly benefited Kolfage. “I really just don’t care,” Wilson told MarketWatch. “I totally back them 100%. I could care less if Brian got some money, more power to the guy. [He] suffered protecting our country being sent over to fight a war that I totally don’t agree with.”

Another donor, Mark R. Roberts of Pennsylvania, said he donated multiple times and would not be asking for a refund. “I hope I get to donate again,” Roberts, 58, told MarketWatch. He said he gave about $100 total to the effort, including buying a T-shirt and hoodie with We Build the Wall logos. <<
 "Here ya go, steal more of my money!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread