What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (1 Viewer)

This I don't think anyone could have predicted.

A lot of people get Trump is a huckster, the wall was a scheme, and you could really really tell because of the promise that Mexico would pay for it. - What is really I think unanticipated is that now the voters themselves are being asked to pay for it themselves. And then they're doing it. That's really amazing.

Correct. Most people (approximately 62%) DO NOT WANT the wall to be built.

The donations are coming from the 74% of Republicans who do want the wall to be built.
And their voices should be heard.  63 Million people voted for Trump knowing full well this was a top item on his agenda.  
63 million people voted for Trump thinking that he could get Mexico to pay for the wall.

He has not only failed to fulfill that promise, but he has repeatedly lied about the cost of the wall, lied about how much of the wall has been built, and lied about knowing that Americans would have to pay for it.

So, several thousand of his supporters have decided to put their money where their xenophobic mouth is.

The ironic thing here is that those supporters are not doing it out of anger at Trump for being such a liar. They're doing it out of support for Trump, acting like it's not his fault that he failed and lied. His supporters are acting just like the liberals that they proclaim to despise. They are excusing and enabling liberal snowflake behavior.

It's a great display of self-owning.

75 minutes later, I made a comment in response to tobias.  Further clarified in his follow up post.  What's the big deal here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I've been making fun of these people, but I hope they're not using their real names and that GoFundMe has privacy measures in place to keep anyone from getting all those names and addresses.

That list would be the Glengarry leads. Every scam artist in the country would sell their own children to get a glimpse at it.

Could you please use words?

That would be excellent.
Your failure to recognize sarcasm and thinking I actually believed those people actually donated is ####### hilarious.  Is that better for you?

It's also obvious you've never donated using GoFundMe. It's really easy to not have your real name posted in the donation listings and input whatever you like.  I was just having fun with that.

I know I've been making fun of these people, but I hope they're not using their real names and that GoFundMe has privacy measures in place to keep anyone from getting all those names and addresses.

That list would be the Glengarry leads. Every scam artist in the country would sell their own children to get a glimpse at it.
You can choose to be anonymous or choose to use a fake name such as, oh I don't know, "Nancy Pelosi" or "Michelle Obama".

But if I was a Russian hacker or a Republican fundraiser (not necessarily mutually exclusive) I would definitely find a way to get that donor list.

It's not a scam and he explains how it works.

• How do you know this is not a scam? I'm using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name. I have a public figure Facebook page with a blue check  mark issued by facebook that verifies my identity.  I'm a retired United States Air Force member who was wounded in Iraq, and lost 3 limbs. I have a website BrianKolfage.com where you can verify more about me.  I will respond. I've been on Fox News many times, you can see I'm credible and a real person. The Gary Sinise Foundation also built me and my family a home. Do your research before donating, and contact me if you have any questions.

• How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.

• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall with this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed. 

• 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. 

• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else. 

• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall. 

• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.  We are working on a time frame to achieve. 

LET'S GET THIS WALL BUILT! And make America Safe Again! 

You can choose to be anonymous or choose to use a fake name such as, oh I don't know, "Nancy Pelosi" or "Michelle Obama".

But if I was a Russian hacker or a Republican fundraiser (not necessarily mutually exclusive) I would definitely find a way to get that donor list.
This is correct.  Just lists the name though. No City info.  Not sure how that could be used to form a reliable list.

And their voices should be heard.  63 Million people voted for Trump knowing full well this was a top item on his agenda.  
Tweety Amin doesn't want you to talk about the wall so much

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075732375169060869

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

With so much talk about the Wall, people are losing sight of the great job being done on our Southern Border by Border Patrol, ICE and our great Military. Remember the Caravans? Well, they didn’t get through and none are forming or on their way. Border is tight. Fake News silent!

4:39 AM - Dec 20, 2018

• How do you know this is not a scam? I'm using my real name, my real information, you can contact me and hold me accountable. People who try to scam you will not be upfront with their information, they will hide and not use their name. I have a public figure Facebook page with a blue check  mark issued by facebook that verifies my identity.  I'm a retired United States Air Force member who was wounded in Iraq, and lost 3 limbs. I have a website BrianKolfage.com where you can verify more about me.  I will respond. I've been on Fox News many times, you can see I'm credible and a real person. The Gary Sinise Foundation also built me and my family a home. Do your research before donating, and contact me if you have any questions.

• How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all the funds will go upon completion. When we get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.

• Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall with this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed. 

• We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else. 

• We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall. 

• If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.  We are working on a time frame to achieve. 

"This isn't a scam" and "We're working on a legal document that will bind the government" are contradictory statements.

"This isn't a scam" and "We're working on a legal document that will bind the government" are contradictory statements.
The guy is legit and intends to use all funds for the wall and will refund if he either doesn't meet the goal or they cant use it for the wall.   I'm confident my $50 will either help or be refunded.  

I don't think this Kolfage guy is running a scam. He seems like the real deal. The scam is gonna be run by all the people eying him, his money and his list of gullible true believers like the last donut in the break room, starting with that law firm (I assume if they were working pro bono he would have mentioned it).

The wall itself is also a scam, of course.  Sell quick fixes to nonexistent problems, collect votes and campaign donations.

butcher boy said:

It is a scam because $1B is not mathematically probable. They will not reach $1 billion, and therefore they will not build the wall. Period.

This is all just one giant publicity campaign for everyone involved. FoxNews will parlay it into bigger ratings, Brian Kolfage will parlay it into more paid appearances on Fox News, and every Republican congressman involved will parlay it into more donations.

This I don't think anyone could have predicted.

A lot of people get Trump is a huckster, the wall was a scheme, and you could really really tell because of the promise that Mexico would pay for it. - What is really I think unanticipated is that now the voters themselves are being asked to pay for it themselves. And then they're doing it. That's really amazing.
"See? We got the wall we were promised, just like he said. Thank God for Trump!"

come on..  Read the link.  He has a link to his personal page also there.
Oh sorry, I totally missed that, I've just been reading the last page or so.

Thanks, I see his twitter feed. His instagram is dead though.

"Cofounder Military Grade Coffee." - Ok.

He has a "fight for free speech" page. Ok. There you can enter your email, enroll in a petition, and donate up to or over $2500. The petition appears to ask the US government to break up or regulate US tech companies.

He seems like a legitimate hero who fought for his country. Granted.

butcher boy said:

He is a decorated, purple heart recipient, 3 limb amputee war veteran. The definition of a patriot in my book.

He's using his patriotism to promote fearmongering and to attack political parties. That's sad.

$6.033 mil .    99,386 donors.  Average donation going up.
This is about to go from hilarious to embarrassing.

Here's the five biggest GoFundMe's ever according to the google:

Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund — US$21.51 million

The fund connects people who have experienced sexual harassment or assault in the workplace with public relations and legal teams. The campaign is still accepting donations and says the money will ultimately be administered by the National Women’s Law Center.

Las Vegas Victims’ Fund — US$11.87 million

The fund was set up for the victims of the Oct. 1, 2017 shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas where 58 people were killed. The beneficiary — the Las Vegas Victims’ Fund — began distributing donations in early March.

Support Victims of Pulse Shooting — US$7.85 million

The campaign set up to support the victims of the June 2016 shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla., where 49 people were killed. The money was disbursed in September 2016.

Funds for Humboldt Broncos — C$9.2 million (about US$7.3 million)

The online fundraiser for the victims of the April 6 bus crash in Saskatchewan is the largest ever to come out of Canada on the GoFundMe platform. The campaign was launched on April 6 and is still accepting donations.

Stoneman Douglas Victims’ Fund — US$6.82 million

The fund was set up to support the victims of a Feb. 14, 2018 shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., which left 17 people dead. The campaign is still accepting donations.
It's gonna be pretty gross watching this nonsense climb the list and seeing the sort of causes that these people could be donating to/raising money for as it bumps them. I hope when this thing peters out this Kolfage guy finds a way to steer the money to a worthwhile charity like Wounded Warriors or something.

The guy is legit and intends to use all funds for the wall and will refund if he either doesn't meet the goal or they cant use it for the wall.   I'm confident my $50 will either help or be refunded.  
Assuming everyone in the country commits an equal amount of money for the wall, it will run $76 per person.  The fact that you only donated $50 tells me you just want a handout.

It's gonna be pretty gross watching this nonsense climb the list and seeing the sort of causes that these people could be donating to/raising money for as it bumps them. I hope when this thing peters out this Kolfage guy finds a way to steer the money to a worthwhile charity like Wounded Warriors or something.
That would be nice but he promised everyone a full refund if they don't get either $1 billion or $5 billion (he wasn't clear on that).

Oh sorry, I totally missed that, I've just been reading the last page or so.

Thanks, I see his twitter feed. His instagram is dead though.

"Cofounder Military Grade Coffee." - Ok.

He has a "fight for free speech" page. Ok. There you can enter your email, enroll in a petition, and donate up to or over $2500. The petition appears to ask the US government to break up or regulate US tech companies.

He seems like a legitimate hero who fought for his country. Granted.
One thing I find interesting is that just the other day on Limbaugh's radio program he was ripping into Christine Blasey-Ford for testifying against Kavanaugh so that she can get rich on speaking engagements, book deals and movie deals.  This guy, while he is a legit hero pretty clearly seems to be doing whatever he can to market himself and is using this wall stunt to do so as well.  He is praised for it, while they are still criticizing Ford even though there appears no effort on her part to monetize her story.

This is about to go from hilarious to embarrassing.

Here's the five biggest GoFundMe's ever according to the google:

Its definitely going to make that list. Worst case, they end up not being able to use the money and everyone gets a refund, but it will have delivered a clear message to Congress that people definitely want the wall built and its not just the kooky idea of one man. 

Its definitely going to make that list. Worst case, they end up not being able to use the money and everyone gets a refund, but it will have delivered a clear message to Congress that people definitely want the wall built and its not just the kooky idea of one man. 
What percentage of the 250 million eligible voters do you think are going to donate?  100k?  200k?

You left off the part where the credit companies take their transaction fees, but sure.  Congratulations to those donors delivering that clear message to Congress in the form of 200,000 people raising 10 million dollars or whatever they ultimately get to.  I'm sure the recently elected Democrats who just finished collecting $1.2 billion in small money donations through ActBlue in the last election cycle will be very impressed.

What percentage of the 250 million eligible voters do you think are going to donate?  100k?  200k?
You also have to factor in the people who support the wall but have no idea of the existence of the GoFundMe or who cant afford it.  Impossible math. But for this to get on the most funded gofundme list after just a few days is telling.  

You also have to factor in the people who support the wall but have no idea of the existence of the GoFundMe or who cant afford it.  Impossible math. But for this to get on the most funded gofundme list after just a few days is telling.  
Yes, it is.  Although not for the reasons I'm guessing you think.

So do you not believe all the polling that's been done on this issue?

Your failure to recognize sarcasm and thinking I actually believed those people actually donated is ####### hilarious.  Is that better for you?

It's also obvious you've never donated using GoFundMe. It's really easy to not have your real name posted in the donation listings and input whatever you like.  I was just having fun with that.
Thank you for stating that you are not at all serious about this thread and you are here get your jollies.

Merry Christmas!

Too bad GoFundMe requires all campaigns to end at 90 days.
In the post above that listed the top GFM campaigns, it mentioned one is still open. Sounds like they have exceptions if that is the case.
You can keep a campaign open as long as you withdraw the funds. But since this guy says that he won't disperse the money until they reach the goal, it means that at 90 days GoFundMe will require him to either A) withdraw the money, or B) refund the donations.

He can try to withdraw the money and put it into an escrow account, but that will make it very difficult to issue refunds once he fails to reach the goal.

Wait, is this a message or an actual monetary donation to wall building expenses?  Yeah, I saw the bit about this marketing team working with the administration and legal professionals to manufacture some binding agreement, but that’s not how our federal government operates.  Furthermore, the lack of funding appropriated to wall building is not at all related to lack of money, it’s completely and solely due to Congress not assigning funding to it!  The act of supposedly giving money to the government for some specific project is not a message, voting is a message; and we just recently had a round of elections that portrayed a message.

I don't think the wall will ever happen but if it did I'd much prefer it be paid for this way than through my taxes.*

We questioned who still supports Trump - it's the same morons who are throwing their money away donating to this.  I hope the guy who started it runs off with all their money.

*I realize there's virtually no chance they raise the money needed nor would they just be able to pay for it directly with this money

A little bit of math on #GoFundTheWall. They've raised $4 million in 3 days. WOW! Now, by Fox News' own estimate, the wall would cost $25 billion. If they raise $1.3 million a day, EVERY DAY, it would take them 51 years, 4 months, and 19 days.

Users who are viewing this thread