What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zeke Stat Correction (1 Viewer)

KiddLattimer

Footballguy
PSA - if you beat a Zeke owner by a close margin (or lost if you own him) check your lineup.  They just reversed a fumble he had.

I just got stat corrected out of a final 😪

Edit to add - This also will cost the Colts D a fumble recovery as well

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA - if you beat a Zeke owner by a close margin (or lost if you own him) check your lineup.  They just reversed a fumble he had.

I just got stat corrected out of a final 😪
What did it get changed to? 

I get changing a INT to a fumble or vice verse but I’m missing something here. Is this something here it was called a fumble on the field and he got it back and now they’re saying he never fumbled? 

I might be overthinking this. 

What did it get changed to? 

I get changing a INT to a fumble or vice verse but I’m missing something here. Is this something here it was called a fumble on the field and he got it back and now they’re saying he never fumbled? 

I might be overthinking this. 
I'm assuming it was this 4th-down run that was changed to a turnover on downs:

4th & 1 at IND 3

(14:15) E.Elliott left tackle to IND 5 for -2 yards (P.Desir). FUMBLES (P.Desir), and recovers at IND 5.

I'm assuming it was this 4th-down run that was changed to a turnover on downs:
How does the NFL decide on which of their numerous bad calls get changed? If he fumbled and the colts returned it for a touchdown would they still have changed it? I know this is been going on forever, but I’ve never really thought about it much but look into it.

How does the NFL decide on which of their numerous bad calls get changed? If he fumbled and the colts returned it for a touchdown would they still have changed it? I know this is been going on forever, but I’ve never really thought about it much but look into it.
I'm pretty sure official NFL people re-watch the games and correct stats/calls. Mostly yardage

To answer your second question, no, that would not be changed, for obvious reasons. 

If it had been returned for a touchdown or if that play would have happened on a down other than 4th (or if it had gained the necessary yardage for a first) then there probably would have been a more conclusive ruling on the field by the refs/scoring officials. And if it was ruled a fumble recovery it would have been looked at by the booth and they wold have ruled Zeke down having recovered the ball himself. Maybe the scorer at the game was thrown off by the Colts leaving the pile with the ball and then getting the ball the next play (since it was 4th). 

I don't think it's the NFL, I think it's Elias

So does CBS change this automatically? I'd win if this was the case.
I've mentioned this in another stat correction thread. I remember in 2016 TJ Yeldon (I think- it was some JAX RB) had a stat correction that added like 7 yards. This was week 15. The stat correction came Thursday or Friday. 

Most fantasy sites have results "official" as of Wednesday morning. So there was a PSA on Yahoo that said that it was up to the league's commissioner if they would apply the stat correction. I am pretty sure this was the same across all sites. So it depends on the site. Our league took a vote, since it affected our commish- I would have lost the semi finals and the commish was going to be in the finals then. Vote passed. I got hosed :( My only complaint was that I had made WW pick ups in preparation for the finals (defensive pick ups), but had I known I was in the 3rd place game I would have made different moves. 

I've mentioned this in another stat correction thread. I remember in 2016 TJ Yeldon (I think- it was some JAX RB) had a stat correction that added like 7 yards. This was week 15. The stat correction came Thursday or Friday. 

Most fantasy sites have results "official" as of Wednesday morning. So there was a PSA on Yahoo that said that it was up to the league's commissioner if they would apply the stat correction. I am pretty sure this was the same across all sites. So it depends on the site. Our league took a vote, since it affected our commish- I would have lost the semi finals and the commish was going to be in the finals then. Vote passed. I got hosed :( My only complaint was that I had made WW pick ups in preparation for the finals (defensive pick ups), but had I known I was in the 3rd place game I would have made different moves. 
I wish they would reply.  It's a bad look to have the commish change it. 

Wow this is bizarre.  I lost by 2.3 pts this week.  I had Zeke, he had Goff and Philly D.

Zeke fumble overturn gets me 2 pts back so I'm down by 0.3.  Goff change from INT to fumble costs him -1 pts so now I'm up by 0.7!!  But apparently they added a sack to the Philly D as well so now he's back up by 0.3.

What was the play where they changed it to a sack?

I lost by 2.4.

Now it’s 0.4.  Hurtsworse
Dude, that sucks.

In my other league, there was a point late on MNF where I was down 3.1 and the Saints were driving inside the 10. Part of me really didn't mind when they fumbled it out of the end zone on 3rd down, since I didn't want Lutz to kick a FG and then lose by 0.1. (As it turned out, CMC caught a few balls on the final drive and I lost by 4.5).

Wow this is bizarre.  I lost by 2.3 pts this week.  I had Zeke, he had Goff and Philly D.

Zeke fumble overturn gets me 2 pts back so I'm down by 0.3.  Goff change from INT to fumble costs him -1 pts so now I'm up by 0.7!!  But apparently they added a sack to the Philly D as well so now he's back up by 0.3.

What was the play where they changed it to a sack?
I think it was the same play. I'm pretty sure that if the QB fumbles on a dropback it automatically counts as a sack, whether or not he gets brought to the ground (or even touched; as I understand it, a DL could swipe the ball out of the QB's hands and it would still count as a sack).

So it sucks that you lost, but net-net that Goff change was never going to affect your final score.

I think it was the same play. I'm pretty sure that if the QB fumbles on a dropback it automatically counts as a sack, whether or not he gets brought to the ground (or even touched; as I understand it, a DL could swipe the ball out of the QB's hands and it would still count as a sack).

So it sucks that you lost, but net-net that Goff change was never going to affect your final score.
This is correct.  Anytime a QB fumbles on a drop back it is considered a sack if the fumble was forced by the defense.  So the INT (no sack) being changed to a fumble (sack and fumble) was probably worse for you in the long run. 

It sucks that all these other fantasy sites are mentioning something and CBS is staying quiet - yet the NFL.com page they use to feed in the stats changed.

This is correct.  Anytime a QB fumbles on a drop back it is considered a sack if the fumble was forced by the defense.  So the INT (no sack) being changed to a fumble (sack and fumble) was probably worse for you in the long run. 
In a league where INTs and fumbles are both -2, that's correct. But in @FreeBaGeL's case the fumble was -1, so sack + fumble = INT = -2.

So all these changes just mean I lost by 0.4 now in a league where I had KA and Hooper both put up 0's.  I'm with @jm192 here.  #Hurtsworse.

Here's some CBS verbiage.

Statistics Corrections. Following the completion of each week's games, all statistics and point totals are verified, and corrections are made where necessary. However, all statistics and point totals for the week are considered FINAL as of 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Fridays. If a stat correction is announced for the previous weekend's games after 6:00 a.m. ET on Fridays, it will not be included in our statistics and your official fantasy league scoring will be based on the original statistic. For week's including NFL Thursday games, all statistics will be final as of Thursdays' morning at 6:00 AM ET. In the final week of Your fantasy league regular season and all fantasy league playoff weeks, statistics will not be changed as of 6:00 a.m. ET following the final game of the week.

No Thursday game this week.  So CBS has till Friday 6am to change it?

NFL.com changed it on that site.

CBS??

ESPN - Changed

NFL.com - Changed

Yahoo -  Changed

In case anyone has CBS - Dave Richard replied to an email saying their legal team is currently discussing.

Ridiculous.

Nope my fantasy league updated it about an hour ago.  My co-worker went from winning to losing due to a couple of stats changes.
Ok so now every single major site has auto-updated this - Espn, Yahoo, MFL, NFL.com and CBS says "the legal team is deciding if they want to make the change or not"

CBS isn't able to auto update the changes.  Have to submit a ticket for CBS tech to update the stat corrections that are posted on their site.

In our bylaws: Fantasy games are final as of the start of the next week's games. Owners are responsible for notifying the commissioner of stat changes should they occur.  The official source of stats for our league is NFL.com.

So, if someone had Zeke and there's a stat change, I just change it. Why are you guys relying on Fantasy sites correcting things when you can do it yourself? 

That's ridiculous. CBS charges so much, I would dump them over something like this.
I agree.  Would be so much easier if they just auto-updated it like every other site, but they are saying they can't - so a tech will have to do it.  The Zeke correction is on the stat page.

In our bylaws: Fantasy games are final as of the start of the next week's games. Owners are responsible for notifying the commissioner of stat changes should they occur.  The official source of stats for our league is NFL.com.

So, if someone had Zeke and there's a stat change, I just change it. Why are you guys relying on Fantasy sites correcting things when you can do it yourself? 
the less i have to manually edit the better.... major fantasy sites should be correcting this automatically. espn updated their site this morning.

the less i have to manually edit the better.... major fantasy sites should be correcting this automatically. espn updated their site this morning.
ESPN, NFL, Yahoo, MFL - all updated this AM automatically. CBS charges $150 and makes the commish open up all these tickets all the time!

I'm the commish who was involved and wasn't aware until my opponent last week informed us.  CBS took care of it but how they do it is adding +2 on to the teams total.  You can't physically change Zeke's stats to 19.8 instead of 17.8

Ours states that if CBS doesn't change it by Thursday it's final, unless no TNF game that week then let the commish know to set up a ticket.

CBS isn't able to auto update the changes.  Have to submit a ticket for CBS tech to update the stat corrections that are posted on their site.
This.  Been using CBS as a host for well over 10 years now and they do not do stat corrections.  Everything is locked final at 9am est Tuesday.  Not sure why free leagues at ESPN, Yahoo, etc. can figure out how to apply them and pay for league like CBS cannot.  I got screwed by an MJD fumble reversal back in 2008 that still haunts me to this day.  bah.

Because that requires you as a Commish to monitor every single minor stat change to then make all the corrections.  If the site does it on it's own you don't have to be responsible for finding every little change.  The site should do it if you want late week stat corrections to be the norm.

This.  Been using CBS as a host for well over 10 years now and they do not do stat corrections.  Everything is locked final at 9am est Tuesday.  Not sure why free leagues at ESPN, Yahoo, etc. can figure out how to apply them and pay for league like CBS cannot.  I got screwed by an MJD fumble reversal back in 2008 that still haunts me to this day.  bah.
Seems like it got too far this week for them to do it auto.  Last week they changed Lamar Jacksons' rush yards 4 yards the day after.

Because that requires you as a Commish to monitor every single minor stat change to then make all the corrections.  If the site does it on it's own you don't have to be responsible for finding every little change.  The site should do it if you want late week stat corrections to be the norm.
Yeah, nobody got time for that! 

Not really. Read my post. It's up to the person that the stat change affected to come to me. I don't do anything unless there is a stat change brought to my attention and MFL hasn't fixed it. In 11 years I have done this 0 times.

Jello_Biafra said:
Not really. Read my post. It's up to the person that the stat change affected to come to me. I don't do anything unless there is a stat change brought to my attention and MFL hasn't fixed it. In 11 years I have done this 0 times.
If MFL is not set up to auto correct the stat changes then it won't make any changes.  You can set it up either way.  If your league is fine with the unofficial stats as being final (I have no issue with this being the case and understand wanting the games to be final right away) then no change needs to be made.  However, leaving the stat changes up to somebody pointing them out is an inconsistent way to run a league.  Either all the scoring changes are implemented or none of them.  Don't go part way when it is simple to have the website do the changes for you (if that is the way the league wants it scored). 

If MFL is not set up to auto correct the stat changes then it won't make any changes.  You can set it up either way.  If your league is fine with the unofficial stats as being final (I have no issue with this being the case and understand wanting the games to be final right away) then no change needs to be made.  However, leaving the stat changes up to somebody pointing them out is an inconsistent way to run a league.  Either all the scoring changes are implemented or none of them.  Don't go part way when it is simple to have the website do the changes for you (if that is the way the league wants it scored). 
You know, I don't even know if I have my leagues set up to auto correct or not. It's one of those things that just hasn't affected any games. Reading your post has me thinking I should check on that. I put that in the bylaws because I figured the only stat corrections needed would be if it changed the outcome of a game. I'll address this in the offseason with my leagues.

It's unfortunate that stat corrections are not universal. Some sites do them automatically, others make you submit a ticket. And it seems like every site has a different deadline for changes.

The Elias Sports Bureau usually posts their official stat corrections at 6 p.m. every Wednesday. However, they don't always meet that deadline. And occasionally they will issue a stat correction several days after the deadline (usually because a third party like someone on Reddit pointed it out to them). Sometimes the stat corrections are so late that the NFL won't even change the official box score -- but they will at least correct the individual player's stats.

Looking at other teams in my leagues and the Zeke outcomes:

In my dynasty league:  Commish won by less than 2.  Now he's in the 3rd place game

In a redraft $$ league:  Same commish had Zeke--lost by 0.03 after the correction

CBS did a change earlier this season, and I've seen them adjust DST scores a few hours to the next day after a game was played. I recall Gronk fumbled a catch, and for some reason it got changed to an INT on Brady by the next morning., which was a Monday. I was playing against Gronk, plus I watched the game on TV and saw the play myself. It looked like a fumble to me. It wound up not making a difference really in my game, but I'm sure it did in others.

CBS did a change earlier this season, and I've seen them adjust DST scores a few hours to the next day after a game was played. I recall Gronk fumbled a catch, and for some reason it got changed to an INT on Brady by the next morning., which was a Monday. I was playing against Gronk, plus I watched the game on TV and saw the play myself. It looked like a fumble to me. It wound up not making a difference really in my game, but I'm sure it did in others.
CBS changed Lamar Jackson's rushing yards last week a day later.  Seems like this week they are just playing a PR move and not changing Zeke's stats.

Pretty much any site will make a change on a Monday since the week isn't even really over until after MNF. 

As someone else pointed out above, there's no actual deadline for stat corrections.  All fantasy sites just pick a date/time to finalize results and move on to the next week, it's largely arbitrary.  It's not like CBS is "wrong" for closing out results on Tuesday mornings (assuming that's what they do), it's just the day they chose.    :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread