What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Gurley sits, where is John Kelly in the RB ranks this week? League Winner? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
With OBJ ruled out, I could make a drop for a potential championship winner type player?

Where would he slot within the RB rankings? Must start? 20 touches? or will he split?

PPR

this depends so much on Goff. Goff slumping hard, so if that continues then even Gurley wouldn't be all that effective. if Goff is on his game, i'd say enough touches to warrant the must start tag. with malcolm brown already on the shelf, the split between kelly and the next RB shouldn't be remotely close if Gurley sits.

I had to look it up, the next guy up is Justin Davis, and he's hurt with a shoulder injury and didn't practice yesterday. Rams didn't make any roster moves despite this, so at least it seems the team expects Gurley to be a go. otherwise they would have only Kelly available. Seeing as they are facing the Cards, I'd say a safe play this week but not necessarily a league winner. I can see a 60-40 split early in favor of Kelly and Gurley sits all of second half where Rams have a comfortable lead at half time. Garbage time stats should be huge for Kelly.

eta: i forgot they got CJ Anderson. So potentially a split between Kelly and Anderson if the game script remains beat up on Cards early and cruise. So definitely not a league winner type here imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Kelly and CJ.  If Gurley is ruled out, and McVay names a starter between the two, it could absolutely be a Damien Williams week 15 redux.  Cards are 29th vs the run and even though the Rams haven't been playing great, they should win this one easily.  They are 16 point favorites with an implied team total of 30.  

If you are a heavy underdog and need a hail mary then maybe worth a plug in if you find Gurley isn't going to play or play limited (he still really isn't practicing) but if you are in a tight matchup I wouldn't risk it necessarily depending on who he will be starting over. 

I picked up Kelly and CJ.  If Gurley is ruled out, and McVay names a starter between the two, it could absolutely be a Damien Williams week 15 redux.  Cards are 29th vs the run and even though the Rams haven't been playing great, they should win this one easily.  They are 16 point favorites with an implied team total of 30.  
Hmmm.

I'd have to bench Cohen, Carson or Melvin Gordon... 

Yeah, probably not worth starting him over those 3.

We start 4 Flex's -  I have Chubb and Thielen in right now.  The site says I'm about a 10 point underdog possibly more.

I've been deciding between Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen, Damian Williams and Doug Baldwin for the last 2 spots.  The Chargers matchup isn't good and they are banged up.  Leaning Gordon for spot 3, no idea on spot 4.

Waivers:  John Kelly, Shepard, Jamaal Williams.

Jets run defense has collapsed (130+ yards plus 5 TDs in 4/5 games), and Jamaal Williams is going to get nearly 100% of the work.  He's a quality start this week.  

rotoblurb:

C.J. Anderson will reportedly be the first running back off the bench behind Todd Gurley on Sunday.
article cited in rotoblurb:

rotoblurb citation

statement in article:

All indications point to head coach Sean McVay looking to Anderson as the first back off the bench behind running back Todd Gurley. 
nowhere in the article does it really state this is from sources or any new information... in fact it references a tuesday or wednesday press conference for the mcvay quotes.... very curious

If Gurley sits watch Anderson start and get 10 snaps and Kelly gets the most snaps and still sucks.  I would only play one of the Rams backups if I had to.

If Gurley sits watch Anderson start and get 10 snaps and Kelly gets the most snaps and still sucks.  I would only play one of the Rams backups if I had to.
Yes play one but which one ?  I have CJ and Kelly on my bench in an FFPC dyno league with Gurley not sure which to plug in.

Not starting either but stashing both just to keep my opponent from using them against me in a championship final I’m favored in 

Jets run defense has collapsed (130+ yards plus 5 TDs in 4/5 games), and Jamaal Williams is going to get nearly 100% of the work.  He's a quality start this week.  
this is exactly what im doing...

..avoiding that whole mess in LA.  

In the playoffs you have to ride the hot hand...even if that means sitting your studs.

Users who are viewing this thread