What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF - What do you need? (1 Viewer)

Phillip Lindsay + 19.5 versus my opponent's Von Miller.

If Lindsay scores a 0, then my opponent needs 13 unassisted tackles and 3 sacks to win by .5.  Not totally crazy because our scoring is .5 ppr, 1 point at 60 yards, +1 at 80, +1 at 100, and +1 each addl 15 yards.  So if Lindsay runs for 49 with no receptions I get no points.  Thank God for the 19.5 cushion because I think it will be a good game for Miller.  Praying for no DFTD for Miller.

So. Here's the thing. I'm up by 2 right now. I have Lindsay left. He has no one. Do I just let it ride or put in a player from Den or Oak that guaranteed won't play?

So. Here's the thing. I'm up by 2 right now. I have Lindsay left. He has no one. Do I just let it ride or put in a player from Den or Oak that guaranteed won't play?
Bench Lindsay. There's always that chance he gets caught behind the line and is injured on a fumble.

Keep Lindsay in the lineup - you are describing a viable strategy which I think is within the rules of the game if not the spirit...but seen too many stat adjustments to make it worth the gamble and the chances of positive or even a zero from Lindsay are higher than the chances for negative.

I need Tim Patrick to NOT do an Amari Cooper impersonation and go off.  Anything less than 150 yards and 2-TDs and I'm safe.  I think I'm safe.

Keep Lindsay in the lineup - you are describing a viable strategy which I think is within the rules of the game if not the spirit...but seen too many stat adjustments to make it worth the gamble and the chances of positive or even a zero from Lindsay are higher than the chances for negative.
Well when the guy I'm going against used Samuels as a TE (Yahoo), I have no care about the spirit of the rule. I'm here to win this damn thing.

In one 1/2ppr league I’m up by 26 and my opponent has Lindsay. 

In my other non-PPR league, I’m down by 7.5 and I have the Broncos D. 

In my FFPC finals, I went from top scoring #1 seed in the regular season to hoping I have enough total points over weeks 15 and 16 to at least get 3rd place money. Gonna be close. 

Standard scoring for defenses, .5 PPR for offenses, up 36 going against Jordy and the DEN defense. 

Hoping it holds up.  

Bench Lindsay. There's always that chance he gets caught behind the line and is injured on a fumble.
I probably wouldn't do it, but several years ago Willie Parker of the Steelers took a pitch on the first play of the game and was tackled for a one yard loss and a broken leg. Finished with -.1 Like Deamon says, it's remote but something to at least ponder.

2 leagues

1.  Down by 7, need Denver defense with 8 points

2. Down by 11.6, Need Daesean Hamilton with 12 points, ppr

Already won in my dynasty league. In my work redraft I'm up about 25 with Lindsay to go vs Sutton in the 3rd place game. 

Need 5.3 from Lindsay ppr in one. And need a massive game from Tim Patrick. Like 7/150/2. Or Hamilton could do nothing and Denver D go negative combined with a good game from Patrick. That’s my long way of saying I’m down 16 with Patrick vs Hamilton and Denver D. I have my hate tweets to Odell and Gurley ready to fire when I don’t get the miracle. 

That’s exactly what I need. Hoping for a pick 6 early to seal the deal and then the Raiders can play all competitive if they want. 
I know.

Carr has been sacked 3+ times like the last 3-4 weeks in a row.  But no INTs and only like 1 fumble in all that time  :(

I'm seeing 4-6 points tonight but I wouldn't mind the above, obviously.

thats a bit much..hope santas brings everyone what they want as long as it includes lindsay and hamilton to be worth  30! 1ppr so doable.

good luck everyone tonight and happy holidays

Last edited by a moderator:
What do I need? For Lindsay to be used the way any other team with half a brain would use a player that averages nearly 6 yards per carry, has 10 total TDs and can catch the ball too...can you imagine what he might be able to do with 20 touches a week? 

What do I need? For Lindsay to be used the way any other team with half a brain would use a player that averages nearly 6 yards per carry, has 10 total TDs and can catch the ball too...can you imagine what he might be able to do with 20 touches a week? 
get hurt?

Users who are viewing this thread