What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (2 Viewers)

kupcho1

Footballguy
Albums to look forward to in 2019

Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala (had forgotten about them...), Grimes, My Bloody Valentine, The Raconteurs, Deerhunter

For whatever reason, I always seem to like odd years' music better than evens. :shrug:  so expecting a lot of good tunes.

Northern Voice

Jaysus

kupcho1

El Floppo

Apparently FIDLAR's By Myself is already song of the year (1/22/19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to Db180 (savages side project) and the hold steady. Wouldn't be surprised to see another LCD album too.

one of my favorites from 2017- These New South Whales- just popped up on spotify for me... so I googled them to see if anything's coming out this year. got as far as seeing they have a... 6 part sit com?!... on comedy central?!!!! can't wait to watch this. also not sure if they've got a new album coming out or not...

El Floppo said:
one of my favorites from 2017- These New South Whales- just popped up on spotify for me... so I googled them to see if anything's coming out this year. got as far as seeing they have a... 6 part sit com?!... on comedy central?!!!! can't wait to watch this. also not sure if they've got a new album coming out or not...
You have greater things to be excited about... 

IDLES announce they are working on LP3

:excited: :blackdot:

FOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLSSSS
oooh... was just wondering about them. 

whole lot of r&b and grime on my RR this week (and I was looking forward to popping my 2019 playlist cherry... which I did, with a D'Angelo tune... ?). but no Foals. wtf, spotify. the holidays and my wife/kids listening really ####ed up the algorithms... I've got a mark ronson miley cyrus tune going now.

RR of note:

Lizzo

Ultramarine (!!!... they had a folk/ambient/electronica album- every man and woman is a star- that was one of my favorite early 90s albums... looking forward to hearing this, but without high hopes given the genre not necessarily having legs)

... dammit. I don't really recognize most of the rest.

Yeah my RR wasn't great. 

New Avett Brothers single is always nice to have. That aside, mine was a lot of covers and remixes. 

Ultramarine (!!!... they had a folk/ambient/electronica album- every man and woman is a star- that was one of my favorite early 90s albums... looking forward to hearing this, but without high hopes given the genre not necessarily having legs)
considering my usual music of choice... folk/ambient/electronica isn't what I need to be hearing... even if it's pretty good from them.

fwiw, one of the guitarists from this obscure band you may or may not have heard of IDLES! has a fun playlist on spotify wiht a wide range of stuff. updates every few months. 

Good release radar today ...  particularly digging FIDLAR (By Myself)
yeah... that one jumps out at me as I open it up. but there a LOT of others finally:

sleaford mods (eta- they've gone kinda meh the last year)

gbv (but they release a new tune every week anyways, so nothing new here) (eta- yep, it's gbv)

priests (eta- didn't grab me)

metronomy (hope it's not a remix) (eta- french version of previously released song)

GRMLN (eta- prolific, consistently good)

pond (eta- decent)

catfish and the bottlemen (eta- meh)

the coathangers (eta- didn't grab me)

ex hex (eta- good tune)

deerhunter

fat white family

joe jackson (liked the last single I heard)

slothrust

chemical bros

heavy lungs

swervedriver

Hey GM. Tufnel here. RR is Release Radar, a weekly playlist Spotify compiles that contains new releases Spotify thinks you’d like based on your listening habits. 
Ohhhh, I think I'd like that!  I find Spotify a touch confusing at times, but I'm an old and not getting better with teh technology.  I do like Pandora's Thumb Print Radio quite a bit.

Well, thanks for getting back to me!

GM

Just bought my IDLES tix for may. With fellow all-caps band and personal fave FONTAINES D.C. opening for them. 

@Nick Vermeil you in?  @rockaction?

Eta... First show that hasn't involved mine or friends' kids playing in a LONG time

I've only heard one new album from this year so far but can already say it's a lock for my NV 2019 FFA album poll.  

The Delines - The Imperial

I'm a big Richmond Fontaine/Willy Vlautin fan and was sad that the band dissolved.  Happy to hear he's still writing great songs and, although I've always liked it, his vocal was never really his strong suit.  This woman's voice fits his songs perfectly.

Just bought my IDLES tix for may. With fellow all-caps band and personal fave FONTAINES D.C. opening for them. 

@Nick Vermeil you in?  @rockaction?

Eta... First show that hasn't involved mine or friends' kids playing in a LONG time
My wife is trying to force me to move up the Hudson so that would complicate city based entertainment options.  Are you in General Admission?

Location TBD. Hopefully we will keep the place.  Who doesn't want to maintain 2 tenants in a 100 year old house in Bed Stuy from 70 miles away?
smaht. that place is essentially a retirement goldmine if you can hold on to it and make it work. 

friend moved up to Hudson a while ago- loves it (single gay man, so not family stuff- but I've always trusted my pioneering/emigrating gay friends for places they like). what little I've seen up that side of the hudson is pretty nice. there will be ponies ridden and lacrosse played.

smaht. that place is essentially a retirement goldmine if you can hold on to it and make it work. 

friend moved up to Hudson a while ago- loves it (single gay man, so not family stuff- but I've always trusted my pioneering/emigrating gay friends for places they like). what little I've seen up that side of the hudson is pretty nice. there will be ponies ridden and lacrosse played.
I should start a thread.  Where did he end up? What albums does he fancy this year?

I should start a thread.  Where did he end up? What albums does he fancy this year?
my friend who moved to hudson (eta- I coudln't tell you what street, but I think he's closish to the water)? I haven't spoken to him in a while... but I can tell you unequivocally that his top albums are IDLES and PQ- the man has exquisite taste, naturally.

Really looking forward to Vampire Weekend and possible Distillers reunion. Interest piqued over Jawbreaker, too. And MBV is a must for me, even though I really missed their last one (I don't know what trip I was on). 

Users who are viewing this thread