What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 17 (1 Viewer)

AquaBliss

Footballguy
I’m loading up on Eagles and Vikings in the main slate.  FD, please add Mike Wallace at $4,500.  He’s the Ace up my sleeve!   :)

I’m loading up on Eagles and Vikings in the main slate.  FD, please add Mike Wallace at $4,500.  He’s the Ace up my sleeve!   :)
I get that both are playing for a PO spot, but the Vikes have a tough game.  

How many of the top teams have something (seeding/home field) to play for too?  Probably should focus on a couple of those too.  

Once again there seem to be a lot of RBs in the mid tier that are in good spots and/or have been getting a lot of work.  From 6.3k to 7.2K we have: A.Peterson, McGuire, Carson, Edwards, Cooks, J.Williams, D.Williams, S.Michel.    I think we could do damage with 2-3 of those in a LU and loading up on a couple higher priced WRs in good spots.  Brown, Hopkins, Thomas, and Adams are just about always good plays.  

Need to decide whether to run this as a normal week for me or more like Thanksgiving (gpp only).  Maybe just do one cash+ and gpp, lighten the entries and save up for the wild card and divisional rounds which I love.

Once again there seem to be a lot of RBs in the mid tier that are in good spots and/or have been getting a lot of work.  From 6.3k to 7.2K we have: A.Peterson, McGuire, Carson, Edwards, Cooks, J.Williams, D.Williams, S.Michel.    I think we could do damage with 2-3 of those in a LU and loading up on a couple higher priced WRs in good spots.  Brown, Hopkins, Thomas, and Adams are just about always good plays.  
Was thinking much the same way.  Don't forget about J. Samuels also. 

I have traditionally stopped playing FD after week 16.  Always some crazy line up stuff going on this week.  Not sure yet if I will play.

Need to decide whether to run this as a normal week for me or more like Thanksgiving (gpp only).  Maybe just do one cash+ and gpp, lighten the entries and save up for the wild card and divisional rounds which I love.
I've been doing gpp the last couple weeks.  IMO too many teams not playing for anything or this week there is a chance of score watching and players resting b/c the team knows their playoff spot is locked in.  

Was thinking much the same way.  Don't forget about J. Samuels also. 

I have traditionally stopped playing FD after week 16.  Always some crazy line up stuff going on this week.  Not sure yet if I will play.
Good catch - I thought I had him listed.  

I can see a Cousins - Thielen/Rudolph/Diggs stack this week, CHI defense not withstanding. They lose, they're out, if the Eagles win. They get behind at all, Cousin's gonna sling it baby! Same with Pittsburgh & Philly, just off the top of my head. RB & especially TE are going to be my headaches this week. I think Ertz had the week he did in part because they were trying to get him a 'catches by TE' record. But I faded him myself thinking he wouldn't hit GPP value with the QB change. 

Having said that, there are definitely teams with nothing to play for, but, there are players on those teams that do have something to play for going forward; a job! Watch the injury reports and keep an eye out for guys that have been riding the pine who may get an opportunity. One I have my eyes on right now is Brian Hill, RB - ATL. Coleman is hurt and if he doesn't play Sunday, Hill did pretty well in his absence after he left this past Sunday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My early look this week:

QB: Mahommes, Ryan, Rodgers, Foles

RB: Mcaffrey, Connor/Samuels, Williams/Ware, Carson

WR: Julio, Adams, Brown, JuJu, Hilton, Conley

TE: Kelce, Ertzm Toiloilo

DEF: Jets, Eagles, Ravens

Just some notes.  

QB: Mahommes seems locked to get 30 points.  Ryan and Rodgers are in good spots and could perform very well.  Foles is the underdog of the century that just kills it in clutch spots.  Another clutch spot this week.

RB: The connor/Samuel pick would only happen if it is clear that Connor is fully healthy and starting or not.  Williams/Ware I am unsure if I play one, both, or none.  I think a RB in KC will feast, but don't like that Ware is back to practicing.  

WR there are a lot of good matchups this week to exploit, I listed my favorites.

TE: It has hurt in the past to pay up for TE.  I am not sure if I will get burned again.

DEF: really seems like wide variance with outcomes of what DEF could be best this week.  I don't like any of the very top DEF options, until you get to Ravens.  I don't love them either, but at home seems like a good matchup.  Eagles on the road scare me, but its Josh Johnson.  Jets are just a cheap defense who seem to get a lot of defensive points weekly.

reel_smooth said:
I can see a Cousins - Thielen/Rudolph/Diggs stack this week, CHI defense not withstanding. They lose, they're out, if the Eagles win. They get behind at all, Cousin's gonna sling it baby!
I run that out on an almost weekly basis, but too often without Rudolph and I paid for not having him last week.  I agree with you about this week....he could be putting it up 40+ times.

This should be an interesting week. Turned the couple dollars i had left into 20 for this week. Going to go GPP heavy, I'm either zeroing out or something awesome is going to happen. LOL. 

I've decided to follow my gut to narrow the player/position down to (5 QB, 10 RB, 12 WR, 4 TE, 3 K, 3 DEF) and use the projected roster %, almost exclusively this week, to help make my final decisions. 

players that intrigue me(haven't finalized my lists yet): 

QB - Watson, Ryan, Allen, Foles, Jackson, Winston, Baker, Cousins

RB - Barkley, Gordon, J. Williams, D. Cook, Mcguire, Chubb, Carson, Michel, Anderson, Henry, Rod Smith, Edwards, Richard, Freeman, Brian Hill

WR - Hopkins, Brown, Jones, Hill, Evans, Anderson, Hilton, Allen, Edelman, JUJU, Thielen, Shepard, Nelson, Foster, Valdes-Scantling, Golloday, Cooks, Woods, Jeffery, Westbrook, Samuel

TE - Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Engram, Cook, Herndon, Ian Thomas, Uzomah, hooper

This should be an interesting week. Turned the couple dollars i had left into 20 for this week. Going to go GPP heavy, I'm either zeroing out or something awesome is going to happen. LOL. 

I've decided to follow my gut to narrow the player/position down to (5 QB, 10 RB, 12 WR, 4 TE, 3 K, 3 DEF) and use the projected roster %, almost exclusively this week, to help make my final decisions. 

players that intrigue me(haven't finalized my lists yet): 

QB - Watson, Ryan, Allen, Foles, Jackson, Winston, Baker, Cousins

RB - Barkley, Gordon, J. Williams, D. Cook, Mcguire, Chubb, Carson, Michel, Anderson, Henry, Rod Smith, Edwards, Richard, Freeman, Brian Hill

WR - Hopkins, Brown, Jones, Hill, Evans, Anderson, Hilton, Allen, Edelman, JUJU, Thielen, Shepard, Nelson, Foster, Valdes-Scantling, Golloday, Cooks, Woods, Jeffery, Westbrook, Samuel

TE - Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Engram, Cook, Herndon, Ian Thomas, Uzomah, hooper
3 K?   :oldunsure:

Looks like you still have quite a bit of narrowing to do...

Going to be putting all my $10 bankroll :lol:   on the line again.   Here is what I have as a placeholder for my League LU that I also put in a gpp:

Ben - Carson/CJA/Michel - Brown/Diggs/T.Smith  - Kelce - NYG.    

0 clue what I am going to do with my gpps on FD.  

0 clue what I am going to do with my gpps on FD.  
I put a placeholder in for a couple gpps on wednesday. Haven't looked much and with such a crazy week for low cost player exposure, i have no clue what to do either. lol. Doing very limited research this week and just gonna throw together some fun lineups that make sense in my head. I read all this stuff, tweak lineups throughout the week, before i settle on sunday. At what point have i changed the winning lineup to a losing one and who knows how many times that may have happened over the years. Got $15 left, gonna go with the gut and throw it all at cash+ and gpps. 🤘

I put a placeholder in for a couple gpps on wednesday. Haven't looked much and with such a crazy week for low cost player exposure, i have no clue what to do either. lol. Doing very limited research this week and just gonna throw together some fun lineups that make sense in my head. I read all this stuff, tweak lineups throughout the week, before i settle on sunday. At what point have i changed the winning lineup to a losing one and who knows how many times that may have happened over the years. Got $15 left, gonna go with the gut and throw it all at cash+ and gpps. 🤘
Been focusing more on DK now, so I decided to truly go WTF tomorrow and I am just going to put my money on 1 Sunday Million entry.   Probably will just play the % game and try to find interesting pivots. 

Not much to say this week, but here are a few GPP thoughts:

• QB: For the expensive players, I like Roeslisberger, Luck, and Goff. For cheaper plays I'm going with Jackson, Allen, and Mullens.
  • RB: Lots of good plays in the mid to cheap tier. Guys like Michel, Anderson, Edwards, McGuire, Coleman, Cook, Williams, and Wilson, Jr.
  • WR: Avoiding Brown, Adams, and Julio on most tickets. The expensive WR I'm buying is Hopkins. I like the middle and lowers tiers, and I own a lot of shares of Schuster, Diggs, Foster, Shepard, Jeffery, and Nelson.
  • TE: Willing to pay up for Kelce and Kittle on a bunch of tickets. Not really excited about many of the cheap TEs, but I do like McDonald.
  • TD: I rarely pay up for Ds, but in the cheaper strata I own Philly, Minn, Buff, and Pitt.

Cash L/U: 137.4 on the optimizer. 

QB/ Jackson, RB/ Barkley - J. Williams, WR/ Edelman - R. Anderson - Golladay, TE/ Kelce, FLEX/ Freeman, DEF/ Bills. 

Problem is, Golladay is listed as 'questionable'. May have to scramble if he can't go. 

Considering what Foles did to the Texans last week, you could do worse. Going to have slight exposure to him myself. 
...not so sure about that.  :lol:

Cashed despite Bortles, Moncrief, and Michel combining for about 12pts.  

Had Barkley, CJA, Julio, JuJu,  Kittle, and NE D with those guys.  

Raging weasel said:
A friend in my season long league split the 250k FanDuel survivor prize- $1506
Wow not bad... I think I made it to Week 7 and there was still 100k entries that survived.  Based on your numbers only 166 made it through and survived this week as well.  Congrats to your buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread