Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

Josh Jacobs - Raiders RB

4 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Where would Jacobs rank compared to the 2018 RBs?

I think I posted this earlier and just one person's opinion but I posed this question to Dane Brugler in a chat a few weeks ago and he said second to Barkley. He'd have been third for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Where would Jacobs rank compared to the 2018 RBs?

Behind Kerryon? That would mean he would have been a late first last year. 

Think this is the year to draft WR early and go RB maybe round 2. Or just punt on RBs altogether 

I have pre NFL draft rankings from 2018 and 2017 where I ranked players in 5 different tiers. I am very close to done with ranking players for 2019 (because I am out of time).

For RB this looks like this:

Tier 11

Sanquon Barkley

Tier one

Dalvin Cook
Christian McCaffrey
Leonard Fournette
Derrius Guice
Darrell Henderson

Tier 2a (player could rise to tier one with high draft position)

Joe Mixon
David Montgomery 
Rashaad Penny
Royce Freeman
Ronald Jones
Sony Michel
Josh Jacobs 
Rodney Anderson

Tier 2b (Player stays tier two regardless of draft)

Alvin Kamara
Kareem Hunt
Damien Harris 
Miles Sanders  
Samaje Perine
D'Onta Foreman
Marlon Mack
Justice Hill 
Bryce Love

Obviously I was wrong on Kamara and Hunt under estimating their upside. I made some adjustment on this post draft because of their good situations, but not enough (tier two) which didn't last long as both started producing like tier one RB almost right away.

I do have rankings from prior to this, but I wasn't doing the 2a and 2b tiers before then.

eta - I didn't have Nick Chubb on my pre NFL draft list for some reason. But he was tier 2a always had him ranked ahead of Freeman.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 2

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Eagles, Colts, and Raiders are "quite interested" in Alabama RB Josh Jacobs.

King has the Raiders trading up to select Jacobs with the No. 21 pick in his mock draft, but the Eagles at No. 25 or the Colts at No. 26 could be options as well. In a down year at the position, Jacobs is the top running back available in the draft. He has a good chance to come off the board on Day 1.

RELATED: 

Indianapolis Colts

, Oakland Raiders

, Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Football Morning in America

Apr 22, 2019, 8:45 AM

4 hours ago, Faust said:

I think that Jacobs ends up in GB (12), Buffalo (13), or Atlanta (14).

Call me crazy but I could see any of those teams pulling the trigger or having another squad trade into that slot. Jacobs is rising that fast. I don't think he gets past the 14th pick.

JJ could even go to TB at #6. Arians loves backs that fit JJ's skill set...don't rule that totally out even though TB needs defense.

Edited by Ack88

1 hour ago, Ack88 said:

Call me crazy but I could see any of those teams pulling the trigger or having another squad trade into that slot. Jacobs is rising that fast. I don't think he gets past the 14th pick.

JJ could even go to TB at #6. Arians loves backs that fit JJ's skill set...don't rule that totally out even though TB needs defense.

Bills have pick 9.  Although I don’t think I would mind Jacobs at pick 40, I highly doubt the Bills take him at 9.  Way too many needs at other positions.   

I also know this doesn’t mean much, but Bills also just signed Yeldon.  So it puts taking a RB at 9 even more unlikely.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Peterson said:

Bills have pick 9.  Although I don’t think I would mind Jacobs at pick 40, I highly doubt the Bills take him at 9.  Way too many needs at other positions.   

I also know this doesn’t mean much, but Bills also just signed Yeldon.  So it puts taking a RB at 9 even more unlikely.  

If Jacobs lands at #40 to Buffalo, you should be the happiest guy in western New York. That would be an absolute steal.

4 hours ago, Ack88 said:

No way.  Name the last RB with such limited production who went in the top 15 of the NFL draft.  

Jacobs will be lucky to get drafted in round 1. OAK who is ran by dumb and dumber might do it, but highly doubt any other teams will take him day 1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTRxD8YU8AEpqlN.jpg

Edited by ILUVBEER99
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, Ack88 said:

GB- They have more needs than RB. Gute flat out said he wants Jones on the field more. I actually dont think they go rb at all unless its round 5 or later

Buffalo- they just signed Yeldon. Why sign him a few days before the draft just to draft over him? 

Atlanta- I dont see it happening the first round. If Jacobs falls to round 2 I could see ATL taking him. 

TB- possible, but again I dont see them reaching round 1 when there is a decent chance he is there round 2

I do think he goes round 1, but you named the 3 teams that are on my absolutely not list. 

I absolutely disagree about him going top 15. I think the highest he goes is to Baltimore at 22. 22-27 is where I see him going 

2 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

No way.  Name the last RB with such limited production who went in the top 15 of the NFL draft.  

Jacobs will be lucky to get drafted in round 1. OAK who is ran by dumb and dumber might do it, but highly doubt any other teams will take him day 1.

I remember Buffalo drafting Donte Whitner #7 overall when no mock had him going earlier than 30 or so.  And GB's front office is new so they are a wildcard.

Not saying it's likely, but an outside possibility.  Every year the draft has a few crazy picks relative to what everyone was projecting.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

Buffalo- they just signed Yeldon. Why sign him a few days before the draft just to draft over him? 

Why sign Carlos Hyde to a contract much larger than Yeldon's just to draft Nick Chubb over him?  Why sign Mike Glennon to a really big contract just to trade up to #2 to draft another QB over him?

LaGarrette Blount, Latavius Murray, and DeMarco Murray are just a few guys that signed deals that were probably larger than Yeldon's within the last few years and then saw a RB taken early by their team regardless.

I doubt very much that Buffalo takes Jacobs, but TJ Yeldon won't have anything to do with it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Why sign Carlos Hyde to a contract much larger than Yeldon's just to draft Nick Chubb over him?  Why sign Mike Glennon to a really big contract just to trade up to #2 to draft another QB over him?

LaGarrette Blount, Latavius Murray, and DeMarco Murray are just a few guys that signed deals that were probably larger than Yeldon's within the last few years and then saw a RB taken early by their team regardless.

I doubt very much that Buffalo takes Jacobs, but TJ Yeldon won't have anything to do with it.

I just figured Buffalo has 3 RBs and likely isn't in the market for a fourth. Gore and Yeldon arent super stars, but drafting a fourth rb likely pushes one of them off. which sure its happened I guess. 

16 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

I could absolutely be wrong (hardly the first, and certainly not the last, time) but am standing by my prediction.

Jacobs is electric, could have a Kamara-like impact on the right team. Don't be fooled by the lack of usage, this guy is the real deal. Somebody will jump to draft this guy.

3 hours ago, Ack88 said:

I could absolutely be wrong (hardly the first, and certainly not the last, time) but am standing by my prediction.

Jacobs is electric, could have a Kamara-like impact on the right team. Don't be fooled by the lack of usage, this guy is the real deal. Somebody will jump to draft this guy.

How about lack of athleticism, durability, 100 yd games, 1000 yd seasons, ability to be judged by Nick mf’n Saban as the #1 RB?

Alvin Kamara had a 14% target share his final season... more than most any two backs in this class combined. Jacobs: 4% 

Ludicrous comparison. If you said slower Chris Carson with hands... I’d say ok, that’s fair for upside. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojang0301 said:

How about lack of athleticism, durability, 100 yd games, 1000 yd seasons, ability to be judged by Nick mf’n Saban as the #1 RB?

Alvin Kamara had a 14% target share his final season... more than most any two backs in this class combined. Jacobs: 4% 

Ludicrous comparison. If you said slower Chris Carson with hands... I’d say ok, that’s fair for upside. 

College production, in and of itself, is not an essential determinant of NFL production. Alabama has plenty of NFL caliber RB talent, so I'm not worried about splitting time, nor about a lack of putting up significant statistical accomplishments. He pops out on tape for me, plays fast, and has a skill set that translates well. I think he will have an excellent career and think he starts on day #1 and puts up really good numbers.

2 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

People did the same thing with Kamara. "Never got x carries; couldn't start ahead of Hurd; split carries with Kelly; poor SPARQ; 40 time..."

It's about identifying traits and projecting how they'll translate to the next level. The rest is noise.

Do you question his receiving ability? If not, why bring up target share? Do you really question whether he could have put up 1,000 yards in a less crowded backfield? Or 100 yards on more carries? 

His athletic profile is a valid concern, but it doesn't sound like it scared teams off. We'll find out in a couple days. 

Edited by Concept Coop

10 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

People did the same thing with Kamara. "Never got x carries; couldn't start ahead of Hurd; split carries with Kelly; poor SPARQ; 40 time..."

It's about identifying traits and projecting how they'll translate to the next level. The rest is noise.

Do you question his receiving ability? If not, why bring up target share? Do you really question whether he could have put up 1,000 yards in a less crowded backfield? Or 100 yards on more carries? Noise. 

His athletic profile is a valid concern, but it doesn't sound like it scared teams off. We'll find out in a couple days. 

Kamara got drafted in the 3rd round.  His limited production added risk and it was reflected in his draft position.

14 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Kamara got drafted in the 3rd round.  His limited production added risk and it was reflected in his draft position.

But none of the arbitrary benchmarks prevented him from doing what he has. Teams missed on Kamara, and pehaps in correcting for that they'll take a longer look at Jacobs. 

I just don't see value in the arbitrary benchmarks. Jacobs played in the same backfield as Damien Harris, arguably the 2nd best back in the class, and Najee Harris, a 5 star recruit and likely day 2 draft pick. His production totals make sense in that context. 

Edited by Concept Coop

3 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

But none of the arbitrary benchmarks prevented him from doing what he has. Teams missed on Kamara, and pehaps in correcting for that they'll take a longer look at Jacobs. 

I just don't see value in the arbitrary benchmarks. Jacobs played in the same backfield as Damien Harris, arguably the 2nd best back in the class, and Najee Harris, a 5 star recruit and likely day 2 draft pick. His production totals make sense in that context. 

Jacobs might end up great like Kamara.  All i'm saying is that he carries a high risk and isn't worth a 1st round NFL draft pick.

I looked back at drafts. No RB's with such limited production in college get drafted in the 1st round. 

Just now, ILUVBEER99 said:

Jacobs might end up great like Kamara.  All i'm saying is that he carries a high risk and isn't worth a 1st round NFL draft pick.

I looked back at drafts. No RB's with such limited production in college get drafted in the 1st round. 

My point is that had he gone to Florida, to pick another SEC school, he'd have met all of these benchmarks; yet he'd be the same guy. 

If the scouts have enough to make a solid projection, what else matters? Based on the information we have, it sounds like they do. We'll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Concept Coop said:

My point is that had he gone to Florida, to pick another SEC school, he'd have met all of these benchmarks; yet he'd be the same guy. 

If the scouts have enough to make a solid projection, what else matters? Based on the information we have, it sounds like they do. We'll see. 

we have no idea what he would have done if he went to another college.  All we know is that he was sparingly used.

what scouts?  The media "scouts"?  The only team who might take him in the 1st round are the Raiders...who are now ran by a media scout.

1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

we have no idea what he would have done if he went to another college.  All we know is that he was sparingly used.

what scouts?  The media "scouts"?  The only team who might take him in the 1st round are the Raiders...who are now ran by a media scout.

Your argument is that he won't get drafted in the first round (unless the Raiders reach). We'll see soon enough (unless the Raiders draft him).

My argument is that the arbitrary benchmarks don't matter. There's enough there to make a projection.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, Ack88 said:

Jacobs has nowhere near the talent to go in the early first.  It would take a serious incompetence for one of those teams to pick an RB from this class that early.  Looking at those teams... Can't rule that out for Buffalo or Green Bay I suppose...

If he did have this sort of early first round interest before, his pro day surely should have removed that shine. 

Edited by kittenmittens

1 hour ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

The NFL is an ever evolving league, and when someone comes into the NFL and bucks a trend other teams tend to try and copy it.

You could once say the same thing about WRs under a certain size, QBs under a certain height, RBs under a certain weight, running QBs under a certain completion percentage, etc.  Then someone came in and excelled in spite of those things and all of the sudden those things were no longer a dealbreaker against being drafted early.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The NFL is an ever evolving league, and when someone comes into the NFL and bucks a trend other teams tend to try and copy it.

You could once say the same thing about WRs under a certain size, QBs under a certain height, RBs under a certain weight, running QBs under a certain completion percentage, etc.  Then someone came in and excelled in spite of those things and all of the sudden those things were no longer a dealbreaker against being drafted early.

maybe this will start a trend of college teams not playing their best players.   I guess if it helps their draft position to  not play much in college it could become the new trend.  

Usually elite talents dominate college as their coaches want to play their best players and win.

Edited by ILUVBEER99

4 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

maybe this will start a trend of college teams not playing their best players.   I guess if it helps their draft position to  not play much in college it could become the new trend.  

Usually elite talents dominate college as their coaches want to play their best players and win.

Good NFL players aren't always the best on their own team in college, or aren't always discovered as such.  It's fairly rare, but not exactly new.  Chad Johnson could barely crack the starting lineup in college and it's not like he on a team full of 5 star recruits like Jacobs.

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Good NFL players aren't always the best on their own team in college, or aren't always discovered as such.  It's fairly rare, but not exactly new.  Chad Johnson could barely crack the starting lineup in college and it's not like he on a team full of 5 star recruits like Jacobs.

Exactly.  i won't be shocked if Jacobs ends up good, but the risks of drafting a guy with such limited production are high.  Guys like Chad Johnson went much later in the draft.  His risks were baked into his draft position.

Betting on what could be an exception in the 1st round is suicide long term.

1 minute ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Exactly.  i won't be shocked if Jacobs ends up good, but the risks of drafting a guy with such limited production are high.  Guys like Chad Johnson went much later in the draft.  His risks were baked into his draft position.

But is anybody doing that? Most rookie drafts aren't until after the NFL draft. I mean I'm not putting any chips down yet. If he falls in the draft, that will greatly influence my betting action.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Chad Johnson was an early 2nd round pick (4th pick in the 2nd round) despite having only 37 career college receptions.  Not at all far off from where Jacobs is being projected.

3 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

But is anybody doing that? Most rookie drafts aren't until after the NFL draft. I mean I'm not putting any chips down yet. If he falls in the draft, that will greatly influence my betting action.

I believe he's talking about NFL teams using a 1st round pick on him, not fantasy owners.

4 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Chad Johnson started at a junior college, and then had 1 year at Oregon State where he was the team's leading receiver (37/806/8, 29% market share of rec yards, 40% market share of rec TDs). So it was more like a Kevin White or Cordarrelle Patterson career path than a Josh Jacobs career path.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ZWK said:

Chad Johnson started at a junior college, and then had 1 year at Oregon State where he was the team's leading receiver (37/806/8, 29% market share of rec yards, 40% market share of rec TDs). So it was more like a Kevin White or Cordarrelle Patterson career path than a Josh Jacobs career path.

FWIW he lead the team in yards (barely, mainly on the back of a 97 yard reception) but not receptions or targets.

14 hours ago, Ack88 said:

College production, in and of itself, is not an essential determinant of NFL production. Alabama has plenty of NFL caliber RB talent, so I'm not worried about splitting time, nor about a lack of putting up significant statistical accomplishments. He pops out on tape for me, plays fast, and has a skill set that translates well. I think he will have an excellent career and think he starts on day #1 and puts up really good numbers.

College production is the essential determinant to predictive analysis. Just because the same thing was said about Alvin Kamara doesn’t make him Alvin Kamara. Nor does it make him Preist Holmes, Arian Foster, Chris Carson, Willie Parker or any other outlier RB that has had success in the NFL. I can just as easily compare him to the thousands upon thousands of undrafted, statistical low quality and production low quality backs that have entered the NFL. From a pure profile view he isn’t that much different to a Jarvion Franklin. Do I go and make outlandish statements comparing him as such though? He is what he is: an outlier with a rubbish profile that’s going to go to high for what he’s accomplished and his success will be tied to his draft capital (high investment, means many, many more chances than any UDFA to succeed), his OLine, his QB and his health. Nothing more or less. Even Kamara is amplified by having Drew Brees in Sean Payton’s offense with an emphasis on great OLine play. 

Edited by Bojang0301

Senior Bowl director Jim Nagy calls Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs to the Oakland Raiders' 24th overall pick "the easiest call of tomorrow night’s draft."

Jacobs (5'10/216) was already commonly mocked to one of the Raiders' picks, and it is even more likely of a pick with Marshawn Lynch reportedly not returning to the Raiders in 2019. The Raiders are looking to overhaul their below average offense and plugging in the all-purpose back would be a fit (if we ignore positional value and Jacobs' red flags). Oakland is also in the mix for a tight end and, potentially, a quarterback.

SOURCE: Jim Nagy on Twitter

Apr 24, 2019, 8:35 AM

3 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

College production is the essential determinant to predictive analysis. Just because the same thing was said about Alvin Kamara doesn’t make him Alvin Kamara. 

College production is the essential determinant to predictive analysis according to who? Plenty of extremely productive college players go late or undrafted. 

Nobody said Jacobs is going to be Alvin Kamara because Kamara had a similar production profile. 

We get that you don’t like him - that’s cool. But there’s a reason he’s the consensus top back in the class, ahead of others who started and saw more touches and production. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

College production is the essential determinant to predictive analysis according to who? Plenty of extremely productive college players go late or undrafted. 

Agreed.  If production was THE essential determinant not sure what scouting departments are doing all year when they could just go grab the Donnell Pumphrey's of the world  in round one.

I actually applaud people for thinking for themselves and not buying into the Jacobs hype. I just wish those people would say it's because he sucks and not throw out disclaimers like "he could be good" or if he's good it's essentially the supporting cast.  If you want to take a stance and go against the grain I'm all for it, but hot takes with conditional outs are not so hot to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Concept Coop said:

Nobody said Jacobs is going to be Alvin Kamara because Kamara had a similar production profile. 

We get that you don’t like him - that’s cool. But there’s a reason he’s the consensus top back in the class, ahead of others who started and saw more touches and production. 

There really isn’t a reason. I’ve yet to hear of one. Ambiguous terms like vision and power. Graham Barfield is the closest to come up with legitimate and quantifiable reasons he thinks Josh Jacobs is the top back. I find myself scrutinizing those reasons as his high success percentage is amplified by his limited usage which happened for a reason that people have no answer for.

3 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

his limited usage which happened for a reason that people have no answer for.

People definitely have an answer for it.

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

Agreed.  If production was THE essential determinant not sure what scouting departments are doing all year when they could just go grab the Donnell Pumphrey's of the world  in round one.

I actually applaud people for thinking for themselves and not buying into the Jacobs hype. I just wish those people would say it's because he sucks and not throw out disclaimers like "he could be good" or if he's good it's essentially the supporting cast.  If you want to take a stance and go against the grain I'm all for it, but hot takes with conditional outs are not so hot to me.

So you expect people to paint themselves into a corner? Who is to say I wouldn’t take Jacobs at the right price? Do you think I don’t value the RB situation in KC, TB, HOU regardless of which back is there? Do you think a back with no production all throughout college and the pros,  like Damien Williams, can’t produce in those offenses?

I don’t understand what I’m saying that turns people up. I didn’t whoafully underproduce in college behind two backs, he did. I didn’t amp him up amongst top NFL backs like Nick Chubb, NFL talking heads like Daniel Jeremiah did. I don’t hate the guy because I view him more appropriately as a situation dependent, high risk back. I hate his perceived value. 

17 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

So you expect people to paint themselves into a corner? Who is to say I wouldn’t take Jacobs at the right price? Do you think I don’t value the RB situation in KC, TB, HOU regardless of which back is there? Do you think a back with no production all throughout college and the pros,  like Damien Williams, can’t produce in those offenses?

I don’t understand what I’m saying that turns people up. I didn’t whoafully underproduce in college behind two backs, he did. I didn’t amp him up amongst top NFL backs like Nick Chubb, NFL talking heads like Daniel Jeremiah did. I don’t hate the guy because I view him more appropriately as a situation dependent, high risk back. I hate his perceived value. 

You hate how Jeremiah values him. 

Seems to me folks around here are pretty clear/level headed about who he is as a prospect. I think you're arguing with straw men in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

You hate how Jeremiah values him. 

Seems to me folks around here are pretty clear/level headed about who he is as a prospect. I think you're arguing with straw men in this thread.

That may be a fair statement. I definitely do not like the Jeremiah/Bruglar hype train. 

Don’t you believe he goes top six in dynasty though? If so I really don’t like him there. The only good thing I’d have to say about it is he may be the only back that also finds himself in a situation worth a damn to walk right into a starting job.

4 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

That may be a fair statement. I definitely do not like the Jeremiah/Bruglar hype train. 

Don’t you believe he goes top six in dynasty though? If so I really don’t like him there. The only good thing I’d have to say about it is he may be the only back that also finds himself in a situation worth a damn to walk right into a starting job.

Of course. Because in the 2019 talent pool there probably aren't six other guys that much better than he is.

As an owner of two different #1 picks, I wish it was 2018. But it's not, so I have to select from the players available to me and Jacobs seems like one of them.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a RB with a Jonathan Dwyer like athletic profile being a successful runner in the NFL.  I expect him to garner most of his value in passing game. I know I don't want him.  If he fell to me I'd be looking to gain value by trading down.

Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs said he only visited the Ravens, Eagles, and Colts ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Jacobs (5'10/216) didn't go through any workouts on those visits either. These three teams plus the Oakland Raiders are the heavy favorites to draft Jacobs, who is expected to be drawn off the board in the 20s or 30s. The all-purpose back wasn't heavily utilized at Alabama with Damien Harris also in the mix and he's not a fast player, but his short-area burst will get him drafted highly.

SOURCE: Chase Goodbread on Twitter

Apr 24, 2019, 10:50 AM

"Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs said he only visited the Ravens, Eagles, and Colts ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft"

Any sense from anyone here on whether other prospects have had more visits than that? Thinking Montgomery, Henderson and Sanders more specifically. And does it matter? Does more visits with more teams equal higher chance of being drafted earlier than not? I'd sort of assume so, but I am admittedly not a draft guru of any kind. I'm sure I could go to these other guys pages and find this out but I am asking here instead. 

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

I can't imagine a RB with a Jonathan Dwyer like athletic profile being a successful runner in the NFL.  I expect him to garner most of his value in passing game. I know I don't want him.  If he fell to me I'd be looking to gain value by trading down.

Well it's a good thing you don't have to imagine it.

I can certainly understand if someone says they don't want to use a high pick on someone with a poor athletic profiler because it makes them more risky.  But to say you can't imagine  someone with a poor athletic profiler being a successful running in the NFL is silly when it has been done plenty of times before.

5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

"Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs said he only visited the Ravens, Eagles, and Colts ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft"

Any sense from anyone here on whether other prospects have had more visits than that? Thinking Montgomery, Henderson and Sanders more specifically. And does it matter? Does more visits with more teams equal higher chance of being drafted earlier than not? I'd sort of assume so, but I am admittedly not a draft guru of any kind. I'm sure I could go to these other guys pages and find this out but I am asking here instead. 

I'm too lazy to do it for all of the backs, but this shows that Jacobs had 3 official visits and Henderson had 5.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I'm too lazy to do it for all of the backs, but this shows that Jacobs had 3 official visits and Henderson had 5.  

According to that list...

Montgomery - 1 (and it was the Jets 🤢)
Singletary - 3
Sanders - 5
Harris - 3

Also fwiw, that link lists Jacobs with 4 (the Bears being the extra team he didn't mention).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

College production is the essential determinant to predictive analysis. Just because the same thing was said about Alvin Kamara doesn’t make him Alvin Kamara. Nor does it make him Preist Holmes, Arian Foster, Chris Carson, Willie Parker or any other outlier RB that has had success in the NFL. I can just as easily compare him to the thousands upon thousands of undrafted, statistical low quality and production low quality backs that have entered the NFL. From a pure profile view he isn’t that much different to a Jarvion Franklin. Do I go and make outlandish statements comparing him as such though? He is what he is: an outlier with a rubbish profile that’s going to go to high for what he’s accomplished and his success will be tied to his draft capital (high investment, means many, many more chances than any UDFA to succeed), his OLine, his QB and his health. Nothing more or less. Even Kamara is amplified by having Drew Brees in Sean Payton’s offense with an emphasis on great OLine play. 

We will agree to disagree on the value of college production as a correlative to professional success. He is not Alvin Kamara, either. NFL GMs, despite making mistakes, are generally very smart people. No "outlier with a rubbish profile" gets drafted at all, let alone on day #1. College accomplishments are one of many components used to evaluate a player; the metric that matters most is how a player's game translates to the NFL level. When you say his success is tied to his o-line, qb, and health- that is also true for any other RB drafted. 

1 hour ago, Ack88 said:

We will agree to disagree on the value of college production as a correlative to professional success. He is not Alvin Kamara, either. NFL GMs, despite making mistakes, are generally very smart people. No "outlier with a rubbish profile" gets drafted at all, let alone on day #1. College accomplishments are one of many components used to evaluate a player; the metric that matters most is how a player's game translates to the NFL level. When you say his success is tied to his o-line, qb, and health- that is also true for any other RB drafted. 

No, it isn’t. Saquan Barkley was damn near the top back in the league despite inferior play all around him. I won’t keep beating the dead horse. Andy is right to call me out. Guys like Daniel Jeremiah are treating Jacobs like Saquon and that, not really you all here looking for a fantasy asset, is what I’m bothered about.

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

According to that list...

Montgomery - 1 (and it was the Jets 🤢)
Singletary - 3
Sanders - 5
Harris - 3

Also fwiw, that link lists Jacobs with 4 (the Bears being the extra team he didn't mention).

I don’t know how much I would put into team visits. Brosette had six and I (not that the NFL cares) have him as one of the worst backs in the class.

• Like 1