What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Josh Jacobs, GB (4 Viewers)

BoerumHill said:
solid to high end RB2 IMO

he’s looked way better than his Denver days this year, capable receiver, Gruden prefers a clear lead back
Against the Jets? If Jacobs is out, he is a top 5 back this week. 

I will all depend on today.  If Jacobs misses another practice, I think he sits for a week.  It's not like Vegas can't beat the Jets without him.  Vegas is in playoff contention, and they need Jacobs fresh and healthy.
Vegas does not have that mindset after being crushed by Atlanta.   The Jets could win this game.  They shouldn’t but they could.  

Picked up Booker as insurance and now deciding between Booker and Snell.   Booker seems like one of the safe RB2 choices out there.

Picked up Booker as insurance and now deciding between Booker and Snell.   Booker seems like one of the safe RB2 choices out there.
Interesting choice. We've seen Snell handle the majority load with Conner out.

Booker will get the start Richard is also a trusted back in that backfield so not 100% confident Booker takes the entire load himself. And as woeful as the team is, the Jets run D is a tough match up.

Interesting choice. We've seen Snell handle the majority load with Conner out.

Booker will get the start Richard is also a trusted back in that backfield so not 100% confident Booker takes the entire load himself. And as woeful as the team is, the Jets run D is a tough match up.
I would go Booker here. I think the Steelers have shown with their current roster they are going throw, throw, and throw some more.

Gruden "not confident" Jacobs returns for week 14.

To add to it:

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he "wouldn't expect" Josh Jacobs (ankle) to play in Week 14 against the Colts.

Gruden addressed Damon Arnette's, Jonathan Abram's, and Jacobs' statuses in one fell swoop, stating that he "wouldn't expect those guys to play right now" based on what they showed in practice last week. It's still early, but it sounds as if Jacobs is headed for another full week of DNPs before being ruled out. Devontae Booker barely out-snapped Jalen Richard 33-32 in the interim on Sunday but did notably handle 16 of Las Vegas' 23 running back carries as its go-to option on early downs. He'll rank as a touch-based RB2 if Jacobs does in fact sit against Indianapolis.

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Dec 7, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51376/josh-jacobs

Last edited by a moderator:
I am taking the "don't expect Jacobs" comment with a grain of salt.

Could very much still be that Jacobs' injury is a lingering one that will keep him out of the Colts game.

It's also Monday and things change, and there is no greater "must win" game the Raiders have than this one right here.

I mean, they need to pretty much win all their games from here on to cement their playoff chances. But the Colts and Dolphins games coming up are crucial to get enough wins AND provide a H2H tie-breaker the Raiders might really need as a wildcard.

In a must win game, you know the Raiders are going to be doing everything they can to put the guy their entire offense is predicated upon back on the field.

Josh Jacobs (ankle) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Devontae Booker flopped in his Week 13 spot start against the Jets, but it looks like he'll get another in a tougher spot against the Colts. Still, Booker should be treated as an RB2 for the first week of the fantasy playoffs. Jacobs isn't expected to play this week.

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter

Dec 9, 2020, 4:22 PM ET

I don't think Jacobs plays this wkend v IND and they just roll the dice
especially with the fact that Wk 15 game is a THURSDAY quick turnaround game vs LAC

Josh Jacobs (ankle) returned to Raiders practice on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session. 

It's Jacobs' first practice of any kind since Nov. 29. It tentatively puts him on track to return for Sunday's game against the Colts, which has sweeping AFC playoff ramifications. The key will be how Jacobs' ankle rebounds on Friday after testing it on Thursday. If Jacobs goes, he will be a clear-cut top-18 option despite his questionable health and tough matchup. The volume floor is simply too high. Devontae Booker would revert to un-startable status. 

Dec 10, 2020, 5:36 PM ET

Josh Jacobs (ankle) is questionable for Week 14 against the Colts.

Gruden said he would "see how Jacobs is feeling" Saturday before making a final decision, but the expectation is Jacobs, who was limited for back-to-back practices to close the week, suits up. Even so, opposite Indianapolis' front-seven is a less-than-ideal spot with both Denico Autry and DeForest Buckner healthy and stabilizing that unit's run defense. Jacobs will rank as a touch-based RB1/2 if cleared. And if that is the case, Devontae Booker can be universally dropped.

SOURCE: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter

Dec 11, 2020, 2:52 PM ET

Question is...if he's active do you start him?  Indy has a tough D + it's a late game and how likely is it that he'll be at least 85% healthy?

I generally never bench my studs but with the above and Booker possibly getting carries it makes for a tough decision.  W/ Booker handcuffed, if Jacobs is out, I highly doubt I'll be rolling with him.

Question is...if he's active do you start him?  Indy has a tough D + it's a late game and how likely is it that he'll be at least 85% healthy?

I generally never bench my studs but with the above and Booker possibly getting carries it makes for a tough decision.  W/ Booker handcuffed, if Jacobs is out, I highly doubt I'll be rolling with him.
Even worse, it's a late Sunday afternoon game, so if our alternative RBs are playing in early games we'd have to make a decision on JJ before we would know for sure if he's active or not.

Injury plus tough d plus late kick off is more than enough to make me bench him. Hurts in the playoffs but this doesn't smell good to me.

You guys that also have Booker are you going to wait till kickoff and roll with one or the other? If both active what do we do?🤯

Awaiting Jacobs news so I can drop Booker and go after some other upside. Booker stunk last week in my starting lineup so this whole Raider team destined for the playoff darling is starting to smell bad, cept for Waller. Did get the W with Booker in the lineup though. Bummer on Jacobs confidence going into the playoffs. But, many teams are suffering injuries. Just gotta piece something together. 

I don't get this whole scenario of being down on Booker, Jets have a good run D and you had, unless I'm forgetting Week 12, a west coast team coming east for the 1 o'clock which usually doesn't bode well.  The whole team stunk.  Booker had looked good in most games before last week.  I guess a Colin Johnson type may blow up but I have nothing better than him on my wire personally

I don't get this whole scenario of being down on Booker, Jets have a good run D and you had, unless I'm forgetting Week 12, a west coast team coming east for the 1 o'clock which usually doesn't bode well.  The whole team stunk.  Booker had looked good in most games before last week.  I guess a Colin Johnson type may blow up but I have nothing better than him on my wire personally
My point is if Jacobs starts, then Booker is droppable. He's only a desperation back up / handcuff RB play then. He might get 8-10 touches, but nothing too big with any kind of upside. I get it if nothing is left in FA though. He's expendable if Jacobs gets the nod on my team of RB's: CMC, Gibson, Connor, Swift, and recently added J Wilson. In other words I prefer Wilson over Booker at this point in time for that potential upside / injury Flex play if needed. I may hold Booker to see how Jacobs gets through the game or not, otherwise strengthen WR depth as we start 3 WR's or a second TE. RB depth is a tough row to fill vs other positions. I've seen players like Singletary, Moss, Lindsay, and now Gore on the FA. 

NFL playoffs 2020 concern index: Should we be worried about Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson?

Excerpt:

JOSH JACOBS, RB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Jacobs' smashing rookie season may have given way to a mediocre sophomore campaign, but the underlying numbers suggest that a bounce back is on the horizon.

The Alabama product broke out with a 4.7-yards-per-carry average on his 249 rush attempts last season but has fallen to 3.8 this season. More than that, though, he broke tackles at an immeasurable pace in his first year in the NFL, averaging 0.28 forced missed tackles per attempt to rank first among runners with at least 60 carries. Jacobs' rushing grade of 86.9 was second only to Nick Chubb‘s mark of 90.3 among all running backs in 2019.

The Raiders running back has slipped a bit to 80.6 this year, but that still puts him ninth in the league. That said, he's not breaking tackles at the enormous rate he was last season — his 0.19 forced missed tackles per attempt is tied for 19th among backs with at least 60 carries — but this slight downturn might be due to the Raiders' change in scheme this season.

As the Raiders have moved on from Oakland, so too have they moved on from their outside-zone usage in the run game. Last season, Jacobs was given 110 carries on outside-zone plays, where he was able to set up blocks and use his lateral quickness to stop on a dime and cut back into voided space. His ability to work the blocking earned a grade of 80.1 on such runs in 2019. This year, Jacobs has run more inside-zone plays than any other concept, and his grade for those runs is only 69.7.

Jacobs is still on pace for a big NFL career, so one shouldn't be too worried about the dip in yards per carry. He's still getting the job done but could sure use a couple of more outside-zone runs.

Rotoworld take:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (knee, questionable) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Colts.

Jacobs was absent last week with the ankle injury but should return to his normal workload as soon as he is officially active. He was averaging 20.8 carries per game over his previous four contests before going down in Week 12. As long as the Raiders stay close with the Colts, he should push for 20 carries and RB1 fantasy numbers in Week 14.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 13, 2020, 8:52 AM ET

Edit: Nevermind, maybe he's joking on his Instagram. He's active apparently. 

Rotoworld take:

Josh Jacobs said he's "not playing today" on Instagram.

Jacobs is active per the Raiders inactives list but that doesn't mean he will actually play. Coach Jon Gruden was "not confident" Jacobs would play early in the week, and the Raiders listed him as questionable on their final injury report. Jacobs could be an emergency option only today. It's just impossible to tell with nothing coming from beat or national reporters. Jacobs has a ceiling but his floor is zero points at this point. Devontae Booker would be a near every-down player if Jacobs isn't lying. Theo Riddick was declared inactive.

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 13, 2020, 2:57 PM ET

Rotoworld take:

Review Journal's Vincent Bonsignore reports Josh Jacobs "dressed out, running around, being active as part of Raiders pregame."

Jacobs may be trolling the fantasy community. His post on Instagram said that he's "not playing today", but all of the Raiders actions today point to that being a lie. He's active and participating in pregame warmups as normal. Plus, the Raiders declared RB Theo Riddick as inactive. Of course there's still some risk with playing Jacobs as an RB2. Devontae Booker would be the leader if Jacobs truly can't play.

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Vincent Bonsignore on Twitter

Dec 13, 2020, 3:17 PM ET

I'll be honest though, I don't have inside info on this. The supposed instagram post isn't on his instagram feed now.

He's active and warming up. 

In addition, per @VinnyBonsignore

Keep in mind Theo Riddick was deactivated. No way

@Raiders waste a roster spot on a RB that can't play, and have only two RB's available.

Yeah, I have him in 2 leagues, playing against in another.

I benched him in one for Cook/R Jones.  In the other I am already missing Gaskin and Gibson.  

Don't toy with me in week 14.

Users who are viewing this thread