What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 First Round- Non ppr (2 Viewers)

Ack88

Footballguy
Just for fun. Non ppr. 5 point pass td. All other tds 6 points:

1. Gurley

2. Zeke

3. Saquon

4. CMC

5. Kamara

6. M. Gordon

7. A. Brown

8. D. Hopkins

9. J. Jones

10. D. Johnson

11. J. Connor

12. T. Hill

interested in what the SP thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown still the top WR?  Is this the year that some younger guys finally take that spot from him, maybe even one on his own team?

Melvin 4, Nuk 5, AB 6 then CMC and Kamara for me.  That is assuming Melvin is on 5th year option which I don't remember it being initiated yet.  

I wouldn't touch DJ in the 1st round at all, so to replace him?  Nick Chubb baby.  

Yahoo and ESPN seem to be defaulting as 0.5 PPR being the new "Standard."

If no PPR:

Gurley

Zeke

CMC

Barkley

Kamara

Gordon

AB

Adams

Hopkins

Conner

Chubb

Notes:  PPR vs non-ppr doesn't change it a ton at the top IMO.  

Gurley obviousy #1, great offense, great talent, runs well, catches it well

Zeke #2, maybe slides to 3 in PPR, but 3 straight star years.  Never averaged less than 95 ypg since coming into the nfl.

Barkley--I just don't know/trust the QB situation.  The talent is there.  He's done ok with Eli.  I just worry they have someone like Rosen next season and we see a David Johnson situation.  

Kamara>Gordon because of injury history, Eckler/Jackson exist.  I suspect Ingram will move on, but even if he stays, I love Kamara's upside.  

AB>Adams.  You can easily argue Adams here.  I think it's between those 2 for the top WR off the board.  Brown's done it for so long and is just so consistent.  Adams is younger, doesn't have JJSS for competition.  Better QB.  It's almost a coin toss.  

Chubb:  You can argue someone else here for sure.  If you extrapolate his numbers since taking over as the starter, he's on pace for 1700 total yards and 14 TD's.  He's a good pass catcher.  Duke Johnson has had a very reduced role this season.  I suspect Chubb's role in the passing game continues to grow, the offense continues to improve.

I think Chubb and Adams are really good players. Just can't take them over anyone I've put in my top 12. 

Does anyone think Kelce deserves a first round selection? I don't think it would be much of a stretch. He has crushed it this year.

If no PPR:

1. Barkley

2. Gurley

3. Zeke

4. CMC

5. Bell 

6. Kamara

7. Gordon  

8. D Johnson 

9. T Hill

10. AB

11. D Hopkins 

12. JuJu

Note: This is how I would draft it, not how I expect it to go. I think Gurley is incredible, but that Barkley is generational. I slid JuJu in there because there's enough volume, and quite simply, he's ready.  

I think Chubb and Adams are really good players. Just can't take them over anyone I've put in my top 12. 

Does anyone think Kelce deserves a first round selection? I don't think it would be much of a stretch. He has crushed it this year.
I just don't see how anyone trusts David Johnson as their 1st round pick.  The Cardinals offense has been very bad.  Honestly, Johnson is a guy that PPR would elevate moreso for me.  You're going to be able to get him late 2nd or 3rd IMHO. 

Julio's been on a touchdown tear, but he's had double digit Touchdowns once in his career.  Adams just had his 3rd straight Double digit TD season.  Adams finally put it all together and is 26 years old.  He had 150 less yards, but 6 more TD's. 

Hill--I get the argument for him over Adams, and I won't tell that you're wrong.  But to me, Adams is more reliable/Consistent.  Adams had 100 yards or a TD in all but one game.  Hill missed the mark 8 times.  He gets his points in huge clumps.  I worry that Hill is doing a lot of his damage by blowing the tops off of defenses, and they'll adjust for that next season. 

I just don't see how anyone trusts David Johnson as their 1st round pick. 

Hill--I get the argument for him over Adams, and I won't tell that you're wrong.  But to me, Adams is more reliable/Consistent.  Adams had 100 yards or a TD in all but one game.  Hill missed the mark 8 times.  He gets his points in huge clumps.  I worry that Hill is doing a lot of his damage by blowing the tops off of defenses, and they'll adjust for that next season. 
As for DJ, I think scarcity at running back and his first year are going entice people to think that Rosen will improve, the line will improve, etc. 

I get the argument you make about Hill, though. But if they play off the line of scrimmage he's just going to catch a quick hitter and he's become a good enough route runner to combat that. They're already rolling safeties over on him. What more can they do?

For me, in non-PPR, I think my top NINE are all RBs

Barkley, Gurley, Zeke

Kamara, Gordon, CMC, Bell

Connor, Chubb

then 

Hopkins, Adams, Hill

I think DJ is the kind of early 2nd round pick that could take a team over the top if he and the AZ offense rounds back into form. 

jm192 said:
I just don't see how anyone trusts David Johnson as their 1st round pick.  The Cardinals offense has been very bad.  Honestly, Johnson is a guy that PPR would elevate moreso for me.  You're going to be able to get him late 2nd or 3rd IMHO. 

Julio's been on a touchdown tear, but he's had double digit Touchdowns once in his career.  Adams just had his 3rd straight Double digit TD season.  Adams finally put it all together and is 26 years old.  He had 150 less yards, but 6 more TD's. 

I can't argue with the DJ thinking.

Still, this year has likely been his floor and he currently ranks 9th among RBs in my league's format. By the end of the year, He'll likely pass Kareem Hunt in move into 8th. I think Wilks gets fired and the new coach uses DJ properly. Rosen is much better than he has shown thus far; the supporting cast is weak and I think AZ is a much better team next year. Nonetheless, you do make good points on DJ. 

Adams v. Hill makes a great discussion. As things stand in my league's scoring format- Hill is the #1 overall WR. I simply can't rank Adams over him- but completely agree that Adams' consistency makes him an alluring round 1 target.

FWIW- in examining those players with potential first round status, perhaps next year might be a better year to pick in the middle of round 1 than at the top? I don't know if this is true or not, as I haven't dug in deeply, but given the quality of the top players mentioned in this thread, and the overall closeness of how we perceive them, maybe getting one of the consensus top 7 Rb followed by an elite Wr is the ideal start.

FWIW- in examining those players with potential first round status, perhaps next year might be a better year to pick in the middle of round 1 than at the top? I don't know if this is true or not, as I haven't dug in deeply, but given the quality of the top players mentioned in this thread, and the overall closeness of how we perceive them, maybe getting one of the consensus top 7 Rb followed by an elite Wr is the ideal start.
Great point.  

Great point.  
Alright, I've expanded to a Top 24 to flesh out the best slots for 2019:

1. Gurley

2. Zeke

3. Saquon

4. CMC

5. Kamara

6. M. Gordon

7. A. Brown

8. D. Hopkins

9. J. Jones

10. D. Johnson

11. J. Connor

12. T. Hill

13. D. Adams

14. N Chubb

15. Kelce

16. J. Mixon

17. M. Thomas

18.  M. Evans

19. K. Allen

20. D. Henry

21. P. Lindsay

22. Ju Ju

23. A. Theilen

24. TY Hilton

I would have zero reservations about any of the top 6 RBs- none at all. This, in theory, would enable me to begin with a low risk, high performance first round pick knowing I could come back with an Allen, Evans, Thomas type. 

I think I like this better than an AB, Hopkins or Julio and a Henry, Lindsay, or Mixon.

Originally, I thought a middle first might be best. Now I'm going to hedge; would rather have any pick in the top 6. Assume re-draft, partial keeper, non-ppr.

Thoughts?

Originally, I thought a middle first might be best. Now I'm going to hedge; would rather have any pick in the top 6. Assume re-draft, partial keeper, non-ppr.

Thoughts?
Looking at that list, I think your hedging is correct. I wouldn't worry about anything but drafting late in the round and even then you're going to get somebody good on the turn. It's talent-rich.  

In a way, way-too-early, "I'll laugh at what I thought at NYE in August" sense? Eh, why not?

1. Gurley.

2. Barkley. 3. Zeke. 4. Kamara 5. CMC

I think Gurley's still a half step above the crowd. If you put the next four in any order at this point, I couldn't argue too hard against it. I'm just very intrigued by Barkley (even if the rest of the offense doesn't improve), and Dallas will have a more stable passing game, almost by default. I can't decide if Ingram leaving NO (assuming it happens) would raise or lower Kamara.

6. Gordon. 7. Adams 8. Hopkins 9. Conner

Honestly, Conner might deserve 7 or even 6,  but I think there will be just enough "is he for real?" attitude on him that he slides... a few positions. For no PPR, Adams & Hopkins represent the only WRs I'm sure will be consistently drafted in the 1st. I think 3-4 WRs will be the average, but at the same time there are 3 or 4 candidates for that.

10. Bell. 11. Hill 

Bell's spot is based on him landing in at least a good spot. If it's a great spot, then he probably rises to #6 (or higher?). Hill definitely had his breakout year, and (thanks partially to Adams & Brown sitting) even finished #1 in no PPR. 

On the turn: Chubb, Mixon, DJ, Brown, Julio

Sign me up for #12 already! I think Chubb deserves #12 (if not higher) more, but I owned Mixon in 2 leagues, and would find it hard to pass on him if I ended with a pick near the turn. David Johnson might rise depending on the coach, though you start to run out of room. I'm wondering if Brown/Juju isn't (at least for one more year) similar to Wayne/Harrison where you can't go too wrong with either, but one will drafted later. In no PPR, it's safe to say that Julio will end up in the 2nd based partially on reputation, but it's not like he should sink THAT low.

Also in the 2nd (ordered by position, not spot): Carson, Lindsay, Juju, Beckham, Thielen, M. Thomas, Kelce, Mahomes.

Evans and Allen deserve heavy consideration. RB, for the moment, drops hard. If KC has settled on a RB (Ware?),  he probably lands here too. Any faith in Fournette or Peterson? Are Michel and White both intriguing, or do they cancel each other out? What to do with someone like Derrick Henry who might deserve 1st round talk for ~7 games and no sooner than the 6th for how he did the rest of the season?

Anyone worried about Conners workhorse role next year?   Not saying he won’t be the starter but I think Samuels has shown enough to earn a role moving forward.  And if Samuels does secure a pass catching role it could put enough of a dent in conners value to take him out of the top 12 rbs

Anyone worried about Conners workhorse role next year?   Not saying he won’t be the starter but I think Samuels has shown enough to earn a role moving forward.  And if Samuels does secure a pass catching role it could put enough of a dent in conners value to take him out of the top 12 rbs
I am not. Connor has a three down skill set and the Steelers have shown a propensity to utilize a bell cow back. Sure, Samuels will get a few touches, but only to give Connor a rest. Connor, in my estimation, looks to be a solid pick in the back end of round 1. 

Alright, I've expanded to a Top 24 to flesh out the best slots for 2019:

1. Gurley

2. Zeke

3. Saquon

4. CMC

5. Kamara

6. M. Gordon

7. A. Brown

8. D. Hopkins

9. J. Jones

10. D. Johnson

11. J. Connor

12. T. Hill

13. D. Adams

14. N Chubb

15. Kelce

16. J. Mixon

17. M. Thomas

18.  M. Evans

19. K. Allen

20. D. Henry

21. P. Lindsay

22. Ju Ju

23. A. Theilen

24. TY Hilton

I would have zero reservations about any of the top 6 RBs- none at all. This, in theory, would enable me to begin with a low risk, high performance first round pick knowing I could come back with an Allen, Evans, Thomas type. 

I think I like this better than an AB, Hopkins or Julio and a Henry, Lindsay, or Mixon.

Thoughts?
Odell?

For me, in non-PPR, I think my top NINE are all RBs

Barkley, Gurley, Zeke

Kamara, Gordon, CMC, Bell

Connor, Chubb

then 

Hopkins, Adams, Hill

I think DJ is the kind of early 2nd round pick that could take a team over the top if he and the AZ offense rounds back into form. 
I wouldn't chance taking CMC in a non-ppr league in the top 10.

I wouldn't chance taking CMC in a non-ppr league in the top 10.
He was RB7 in my non-ppr leagues. Do you think something might change in terms of his usage next year that would drop him out of the top 10? if it's non-ppr, I'm probably not putting any WR above him, personally.

He was RB7 in my non-ppr leagues. Do you think something might change in terms of his usage next year that would drop him out of the top 10? if it's non-ppr, I'm probably not putting any WR above him, personally.
Never predict future stats by past stats.  I predict Newton could revert back to more vulture TDs next year and in general Carolina likes RBBC.  So don't be surprised if they bring in a very capable running mate....just sayin'

Never predict future stats by past stats.  I predict Newton could revert back to more vulture TDs next year and in general Carolina likes RBBC.  So don't be surprised if they bring in a very capable running mate....just sayin'
fair enough. You saying CMC is not in your Top 10 is you predicting some kind of stats, right? :)

In non-ppr, I'm digging any of those top 9 RBs I listed in my post over the top WRs. Over the past few years of mocking, I generally like the RB/WR combos I get in the first 2 rounds more than a WR/RB combo I might get. So I probably tend to put more RBs in my 1st round rankings than some knowing that I'd be fine grabbing any of a group of Rd2 WRs.

fair enough. You saying CMC is not in your Top 10 is you predicting some kind of stats, right? :)

In non-ppr, I'm digging any of those top 9 RBs I listed in my post over the top WRs. Over the past few years of mocking, I generally like the RB/WR combos I get in the first 2 rounds more than a WR/RB combo I might get. So I probably tend to put more RBs in my 1st round rankings than some knowing that I'd be fine grabbing any of a group of Rd2 WRs.
CMC is always going to be great in PPR, but I don't think it's a given in non-PPR and carries some risk with Newton vulturing TDs and their perceived desire for RBBC.  Maybe they won't do the latter, but I think we can always count on Newton stealing the thunder inside the 10.

I'm curious as to how all of this circus in Pittsburgh plays out and whether Brown forces his way out of town.  If he does that definitely seems to elevate JuJu even more although he'll see more pressure.  Part of me thinks all of this business keeps them spiraling into a dumpster fire of malcontents and I might be wise to stay far back in case it implodes.  Too much talent to stay too far away though. 

If Ingram leaves town it definitely bumps Kamara up as his production was off the charts at the beginning of the season before Ingram was back and was much less consistent afterwards.  If he leaves town Kamara moves up to top tier with Gurley, Zeke, and Saquon. 

If Brown leaves town it will really take a good landing spot to keep him as my #1 WR.  Too many people nipping at his heels and he's gone cuckoo this year. 

Lot's of potential sleepers next year in the 2nd/3rd/4th that could return first round value.  If Cooks can start the year healthy, Johnson in Detroit played well when given opportunity, Drake in Miami should have been getting carries instead of 90 year old Frank Gore, LeVeon pops up somewhere, Guice will likely be so-so at the beginning of year but could get going once he rounds into shape and is fully confident on the knee, Ajayi could be back in Philly, KC RB situation looks good whomever comes through and that's just some of the RB's. 

I'm curious as to how all of this circus in Pittsburgh plays out and whether Brown forces his way out of town.  If he does that definitely seems to elevate JuJu even more although he'll see more pressure.  Part of me thinks all of this business keeps them spiraling into a dumpster fire of malcontents and I might be wise to stay far back in case it implodes.  Too much talent to stay too far away though. 

If Ingram leaves town it definitely bumps Kamara up as his production was off the charts at the beginning of the season before Ingram was back and was much less consistent afterwards.  If he leaves town Kamara moves up to top tier with Gurley, Zeke, and Saquon. 

If Brown leaves town it will really take a good landing spot to keep him as my #1 WR.  Too many people nipping at his heels and he's gone cuckoo this year. 

Lot's of potential sleepers next year in the 2nd/3rd/4th that could return first round value.  If Cooks can start the year healthy, Johnson in Detroit played well when given opportunity, Drake in Miami should have been getting carries instead of 90 year old Frank Gore, LeVeon pops up somewhere, Guice will likely be so-so at the beginning of year but could get going once he rounds into shape and is fully confident on the knee, Ajayi could be back in Philly, KC RB situation looks good whomever comes through and that's just some of the RB's. 
I think this post makes a lot of sense. There is much variance that could ensue between now and the start of next season. I think between 18-20 of the players in my top 24 are safe in that they will go in the first two rounds, but perhaps in a slightly different order. Bell could get into this group, as could OBJ. AB might drop out of round 1 given all the histrionics going on right now, but I think he ends up back in Pittsburgh.

Users who are viewing this thread