What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Russell Wilson (3 Viewers)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
I went back  three pages looking for a thread about this great QB, didn't find one, so.......

First off I'm a Niner fan, so I've seen some great QB's. But.......none anymore impressive than what Wilson has been doing his first seven seasons. The guy already holds a slew of NFL records, and he did just walk in and take over.  First season he ties the rookie TD record (Peyton) and puts up a 100 passer rating.  Second season wins a SB and another 100 passer rating, no other QB in history had ever accomplished that.  That word  "history" all over his seven season career,  so many firsts, so many "in NFL history".

I get......but he had BEASTMODE, LEGION OF BOOM....but he also never had an Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or a great TE.  And all the great QB's were surrounded by talent, nine Steelers in the HOF helping Bradshaw along,  Marino has Clayton/Duper/Nathan, Johnny U had fellow HOFers, Ray Berry, Lenny Moore, John Mackey, and so on.

The guy is the total package, he has that cool, can make all the throws, smart and mobile, what else is there?

No QB in NFL history has won more games in their first seven seasons, he has three times more TD's than INT's, Four times a passer rating over 100 in his first seven seasons.  His career passer rating second all time to Aaron Rodgers. And he just walked in and took off, he never sat on a bench.

In my opinion which is backed by a ton of experience, Russell Wilson is the 4th best QB playing today and a future HOFer. I have to put him behind Brady/Brees/Rodgers for obvious reasons.

If there is a thread  about this great QB(should be) somewhere back in the archives, I have to play the whimpy.....new guy here,  didn't know.😎

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah search function is garbage. There’s a pinned thread with all the player/team pages FYI.

Russell is so good though he can have 2 threads. Respect.

Top 5 in the league, HOF’er. 

Yeah search function is garbage. There’s a pinned thread with all the player/team pages FYI.

Russell is so good though he can have 2 threads. Respect.

Top 5 in the league, HOF’er. 
Ok then.....

Now that he's back in the SB hunt with mostly a new gang, can we lose.....but he had BEASTMODE/LEGION OF BOOM? 

Only QB in history to ever have a 4000 yards passing, 30TD, 500 rushing season.

Having read some of that BANDWAGON thread, I'm surprised there were so many doubters.  He left the college game as the all time passing efficency leader for a season, and put up great numbers.

Not looking to clutter the board by bumping that thread back up with this one here.

The guy has a long list of fists and NFL records, not sure most are aware of just how big a dent he's really made.

Wish they’d get him a true #1 wr but not holding my breath.

Wish they’d get him a true #1 wr but not holding my breath.
Both Baldwin and Lockett are "solid" but he's never had that real STUD out there.  Imagine him with a Julio Jones, Hopkins.

So much of this stuff out there......

With today's win Russell Wilson has tied the record for most career wins through 7 seasons

(1) Wilson 72-35-1 (1) Flacco 72-39 (3) Brady 70-24 (4) Ben 69-30 (5) Peyton 66-45

He would break that record.

That throw he made to Lockett on SNF was absolutely tantalizing. So good.
I don't think he's special at putting the ball in tight windows, not a dart thrower, but is the best at tossing it down field. That....... here it is go get it, he excells at.

The guy never gets rattled.

RW needs one more TD pass to give him a career best 35 for a season.

How many QB's in NFL history had three times as many TD's as INT's, started every game, won a SB and owned at least 10 NFL records/firsts, in their first seven seasons?

Career numbers

Comp%....64.3

TD/INT...195/62

Passer Rating...100.5

Rushing...3, 653

Tha's pretty impressive.

I am a big Wilson fan, but wish this thread could be merged with the RW Bandwagon thread. It is convenient to keep it all in one thread.

I am a big Wilson fan, but wish this thread could be merged with the RW Bandwagon thread. It is convenient to keep it all in one thread.
This is more about him right now, today and not about what he might be.

But do get your point.

He did have a TD pass today which gives him a career best 35 in a season.  And he is one of the few with three times more TD's than INT's for his career. Who else has done that?

He also is only behind Rodgers when it comes to career passer rating.

And, nobody has better numbers when it comes to 4th Q passing.

Hard to find anyone who did it better in their first seven seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread