What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Political Spectrum test (1 Viewer)

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 3.63 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

A few of the questions are more about matters of fact than opinion.  For example, one-party states really do have the advantage of not wasting a bunch of time and energy on partisan conflict, so I agreed with that statement, but that doesn't mean that one-party states are good on balance.  I'm positive that that one "damaged" my authoritarian score wrongly.

Your Political Compass

A few of the questions are more about matters of fact than opinion.  For example, one-party states really do have the advantage of not wasting a bunch of time and energy on partisan conflict, so I agreed with that statement, but that doesn't mean that one-party states are good on balance.  I'm positive that that one "damaged" my authoritarian score wrongly.
I felt like that one was a bit charged; “one-Party” is a bit of a trigger & likely to push the test taker to answer disagree because single party is a pejorative, even though in fact that system does have advantages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Libertarian Left.

Economic Left/Right: -2.25 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

I hate some of the questions that use words like “always”.  If you can think of one possible exception, you should answer strongly disagree but I usually ignore that and try to interpret the larger picture behind the question.

There were also many questions I could have answered either way. This made me err on the side of what I think I am.

I had the same thought on that question - seems undeniably true but also not necessarily preferred.

Your Political Compass

I felt like that one was a bit charged; “one-Party” is a bit of a trigger & likely to push the test taker to answer disagree because single party is a pejorative, even though in fact that system does have advantages.
I voted disagre on that as I disagree that it is much of an advantage at all in the long term. It would be a worthwhile thread, perhaps, to discuss that

Yeah - I struggled with that question.  I think I ultimately hit "disagree" focusing on the word "advantage".  It is easier to enact policies, but that is not an advantage if they are the wrong policy choices.
I get that, but I would argue that you talked yourself into that position because you know that answering the other way would push your score in the "wrong" direction.  '

Regardless, this one is more about an empirical matter of fact than political ideology.

I did as well. Not sure it's as big of an effect as you think as my libertarian ratio is still quite high. But I only agreed rather than strongly agreed fwiw. 

Economic Left/Right: -1.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Me and Mandela, peas in a pod.

Your Political Compass

i agree and i chose agree because it was worded more as an operational strategy as opposed to a philosophical maxim.

Henry Ford said:
Pretty sure the flyswatter question is the reason I’m less socially libertarian than krista. 

You were okay with drinking flyswatter drinks, weren’t you, @krista4?
I think I took a different test than you.

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.1

There were several questions where I could have easily given 2-3 different answers, so I suppose that explains why my numbers are so close to neutral. I could probably push it to one side or another depending on my mood.

BobbyLayne said:
Most of us are either Ghandi or Thatcher.

Of note: no Hitlers.
It might surprise some how close to the economic middle they have Hitler. I think the reason is he had wildly right policies and wildly left policies and they ended up in their calculation in fairly close to the economic middle. That's an example of how this sort of thing can be deceiving. I don't think anyone would call Hitler an economic centrist.

-2.23 Economic 

-4.82 Social

About as I figured...lean left and some economic left as more social issues touch in economics (mainly education).

Users who are viewing this thread