Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyLayne

Political Spectrum test

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Most of us are either Ghandi or Thatcher.

Of note: no Hitlers.

I suspect that the authoritarian/xenophobe types are self-aware enough to modify their answers. For example, the xenophobe would certainly agree that "different people should keep to their own kind", but they can talk themselves to answering "Strongly disagree" to that question (because they might think that it's okay for all nonwhites to mingle among each other).

Also, Trump supporters and critics alike would strongly agree that there is a "worrying fusion of information and entertainment" -- but for different reasons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just as a base control I tried "Strongly Agree" with every question and I got

Economic Left/Right: 0.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.36

 

Is that really a control since some questions are worded positively and some negatively?

interesting that the economic came out in the middle though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Economic Left/Right: .75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: .67

pretty much center cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Is that really a control since some questions are worded positively and some negatively?

interesting that the economic came out in the middle though.

Uh maybe not, I may have said a non-scientific thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 8.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.62

 

OH OK

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krista4 said:

And I'm you, only more:

Economic Left/Right: -5.25 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

And I’m you, only more..

Economic Left/Right: -6.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 8.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.62

 

That astrology thing working out for you?  😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 8.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.62

 

Whoa. Seems like you (claimed you) were apolitical not that long ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It might surprise some how close to the economic middle they have Hitler. I think the reason is he had wildly right policies and wildly left policies and they ended up in their calculation in fairly close to the economic middle. That's an example of how this sort of thing can be deceiving. I don't think anyone would call Hitler an economic centrist.

To be fair, very few hot takes on Hitler discuss his purely economic viewpoints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 3.63 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

A few of the questions are more about matters of fact than opinion.  For example, one-party states really do have the advantage of not wasting a bunch of time and energy on partisan conflict, so I agreed with that statement, but that doesn't mean that one-party states are good on balance.  I'm positive that that one "damaged" my authoritarian score wrongly.

Here’s the wording I got:

“A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.”

I found it easy to strongly disagree. It obviously doesn’t avoid all the arguments...

(I found nearly every question to be frustratingly nebulous to my overly literal mind.)

Anyway, my scores:

Economic Left/Right: 1.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Economic left/right: -7.63

Social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.23

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, T J said:

Economic Left/Right: .75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: .67

pretty much center cut.

Sounds boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the moops said:

Sounds boring.

Ya, pretty much. Except the things I feel strongly about, I’m all in usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 10:53 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

Here’s the wording I got:

“A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.”

I found it easy to strongly disagree. It obviously doesn’t avoid all the arguments...

(I found nearly every question to be frustratingly nebulous to my overly literal mind.)

Anyway, my scores:

Economic Left/Right: 1.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

Just an observation - just three so far with positive on one scale and negative on the other.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, BobbyLayne said:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.5 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

Economic Left/Right: -3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

Am I a bad person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

Economic Left/Right: -3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

Am I a bad person?

not at all, but I do think that is an unusual combination around here. The usual mantra is "economically conservative/ socially liberal" and I think this means you are the opposite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

not at all, but I do think that is an unusual combination around here. The usual mantra is "economically conservative/ socially liberal" and I think this means you are the opposite?

The "usual mantra" is not factual, as the post above mentions about the lack of results that map that way shows.  Vastly more people are going to be +/+ or -/- than +/- (or -/+).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is argue that it isn’t that the usual mantra isn’t factual.

That many social issues are now intertwined fiscally (education again as an example of this healthcare also).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Is argue that it isn’t that the usual mantra isn’t factual.

That many social issues are now intertwined fiscally (education again as an example of this healthcare also).

 

 

But that makes my point.  If being socially liberal drives your economics, in no meaningful way are you +/-.  I would challenge anyone to come up with a half dozen prominent national politicians that are +/-.

Or, as we see on this board, lots of people claim to be +/-, but when you try to quantify it, they really aren't.

Edited by Soonerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soonerman said:

But that makes my point.  If being socially liberal drives your economics, in no meaningful way are you +/-.  I would challenge anyone to come up with a half dozen prominent national politicians that are +/-.

Or, as we see on this board, lots of people claim to be +/-, but when you try to quantify it, they really aren't.

And what I’m saying is the +\- is that it doesn’t mean someone isn’t still foscally conservative when it comes to spending and debt and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And what I’m saying is the +\- is that it doesn’t mean someone isn’t still foscally conservative when it comes to spending and debt and such.

Politicians aren't stupid about politics.  If there was a vast amount of voters that truly were fiscally conservative and socially liberal, somebody would be running and winning on that platform.  The dearth of candidates like that speaks volumes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Economic Left/Right: -8.8
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.66

 

GET ON MY LEVEL NOOBS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Economic Left/Right: -8.8
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.66

 

GET ON MY LEVEL NOOBS

WHy do you hate America, Commie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Economic Left/Right: 0.25 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.25

-3.44

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Economic Left/Right: 0.25 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

:hifive:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, msommer said:

 WHy do you hate America, Commie?

:bowtie:

I think this just means I love it the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.