What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adding LOL Reaction to Quick React Bar (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I talked to a lot of you about this and also talked to @Maurile Tremblay @Aaron Rudnicki and @Memphis Foundry . We were able to change what we're doing on the quick reaction bar with the smiley face in the lower right of posts. 

If you hover over the smiley face now, you should be able to see a "Laughing" option. We're using the Apple set of emojis and the Apple option for it. It's a little goofy looking but it's what they offer. 

I ask that you guys please help with this though - please don't use it for mocking or laughing at what someone writes. That's the reason it wasn't included initially. I want it to be a laughing with thing. And I know that's likely me being too protective. But I'm 100% convinced few things kill discussion faster than laughing at or mocking what someone contributes. I don't want us to have that here. 

It should be live now if you hover over the smiley face. Have a great Saturday. Thanks @Memphis Foundry for the help on this. 

Gotcha, Joe. I was just kidding around, anyway. Figured he'd be happy. Thanks for listening to the board. 

I was pretty neutral on it and found it no big deal, but apparently it was to people. I'm still partial to a non-mocking rolling laugh guy, though.  
I know GB. I was too. All good. 

One thing I definitely want us to stick to though is not posting just the rolling laugh guy by itself. As we talked about in the other thread, that just clutters the board. 

A bit of a tangent, but emojis are working their way into my workplace vernacular.  Even the guys in their 50s and 60s, due to what they’ve learned from their kids, are starting to work emojis into emails. And I’m finding I’m starting to do the same. 

:bag:

sometimes a picture really is worth a whole bunch of words 

Good add. Thanks. For myself,  as far as a negative reaction to someone else's post, I'm much more likely to use something like a :rolleyes: then a laughing emoji.

A bit of a tangent, but emojis are working their way into my workplace vernacular.  Even the guys in their 50s and 60s, due to what they’ve learned from their kids, are starting to work emojis into emails. And I’m finding I’m starting to do the same. 

I learned it from Snogger.

Otis said:

Hopefully someday they make it into legal documents.  Lots of great possibilities there.

Otis said:

I try to reply to some emails with memes

I approved a raise last month and with a picture of 50 cent.

Kudos to you Joe. I honestly didn't really care one way or the other. But I think the fact you actually listened to the board members and made the change is pretty cool. Other than the unintended consequence of inflating Otis' ego even further. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread