What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arcade 1up, Pacman, Galaga. (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
Okay these affordable home 3/4 sized games came out in November.  There are 6 now, got pacman and galaga coming in.  Will review but hear they are really good.

Anyone get any?  Your thoughts?

https://www.arcade1up.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I would want the riser but hear they are kinda cheaply made. For $300 you gotta wonder about the quality and durability but would be a cool addition in a game room.

Asteroids was one of my favs as was Defender.

I would want the riser but hear they are kinda cheaply made. For $300 you gotta wonder about the quality and durability but would be a cool addition in a game room.

Asteroids was one of my favs as was Defender.
 Yeah, you have to wonder about anything that you assemble  yourself as far as the quality  goes.

They are small. Saw them in the store. Look fun, but they either need to be sitting on a stand, or have a chair for you to sit on to play them if they are on the floor.

They should just sell them with (or set them up) for running ROMs - maybe include like 500 of the top games of the 80's or something.

I am a huge Galaga fan and I saw the machine at Walmart. It is small and the riser that you need to buy with it, was almost as expensive as the device itself.  The one there was beat to heck from people playing it. The type of wear included the stickers wearing off and the buttons pretty mashed, so that leads me to believe it isn't quite that durable. 

I would rather build a full on MAME machine and have all the games. My BIL built his for under $750 and it has over 1500 games including Space Ace and Dragons Lair (which are tough to emulate). Finding a case is the hard part, because everyone goes after these things when they become available.  

I am a huge Galaga fan and I saw the machine at Walmart. It is small and the riser that you need to buy with it, was almost as expensive as the device itself.  The one there was beat to heck from people playing it. The type of wear included the stickers wearing off and the buttons pretty mashed, so that leads me to believe it isn't quite that durable. 

I would rather build a full on MAME machine and have all the games. My BIL built his for under $750 and it has over 1500 games including Space Ace and Dragons Lair (which are tough to emulate). Finding a case is the hard part, because everyone goes after these things when they become available.  
All kinds of awesome. Exactly what I would want.

Why spend the money for Galaga?  I play Galaga on PS4.  The disc has Pacman and Dig Dug.  Pacman is hard to play on the PS controls.  But Galaga is easy.

Wait, each unit only has one game? 
No, Most of them have 4.

For $300, I think I would buy an Xarcade tankstick and a Raspberry Pi.
You can get an insane number of game options(USB stick) with the Pi.
Your paying for the cabinet and monitor.  Its a nice price for what your
getting, but with a little work you can do much better.  

No, Most of them have 4.

4 is pathetic, who is going to [be allowed to] buy more than one of those monstrosities?  If it doesn't have every single game available it's a hard pass.

Then again it's probably a hard pass even if it does have every game.

buddy had the pacman game in his basement.  I spent most of the night with a group playing it.  you had to be careful or you could move the whole machine but it was still pretty cool. 

wouldn't mind a Galaga for myself

No, Most of them have 4.

I'd rather build my own cabinet and you can still get all sizes of monitors at thrift stores for cheap.

My buddy got one of those for his kids.  It has Gauntlet and not sure what else, maybe Joust, on it?  Doesn't matter because Gauntlet is the best and that's all they play anyway.  Warrior needs food badly!

No, Most of them have 4.

I have an Xarcade tankstick and just bought a stand that it fits in (might have been from them). I do need to update the ROMs and maybe the computer to a better main screen. Some of the ROMs didn’t work well and there are so many better UIs now. That tankstick was a great buy though because I didn’t have the time to get or build my own cabinet. You just put a TV on top or on the wall behind it, which is what I did before we redid the 3rd floor.

My brother got the Rampage and Street Fighter II with risers, and they were pretty fun. Then he got the Street Fighter II one modded so it now plays just about every game ever made. I went over there on New Year's Day and we beat Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, then beat The Simpsons, then played Marvel vs Capcom, Tapper (not so good without the beer tap), Ms Pac-Man, Ghosts 'n Goblins and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

My brother got the Rampage and Street Fighter II with risers, and they were pretty fun. Then he got the Street Fighter II one modded so it now plays just about every game ever made. I went over there on New Year's Day and we beat Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, then beat The Simpsons, then played Marvel vs Capcom, Tapper (not so good without the beer tap), Ms Pac-Man, Ghosts 'n Goblins and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
Tapper! Fun game. 

Okay these affordable home 3/4 sized games came out in November.  There are 6 now, got pacman and galaga coming in.  Will review but hear they are really good.

Anyone get any?  Your thoughts?

https://www.arcade1up.com
i have a free standing old school 34 game machine, arcade style.  give me 1k and come pick it up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I built my own arcade cabinet for a few hundred bucks. Free actual stand up arcade cabinet from CL & I then installed speakers, made a panel & installed arcade buttons & joy sticks & put a PC in there & I can play thousands of games from old arcade games to old console games.
:goodposting:   What's this free cabinet from where now?

Users who are viewing this thread