What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Lord of the AFC North: The Two Heismans (Browns at Ravens game thread) (1 Viewer)

The_Man

Footballguy
Yeah, I know it's early to start a game thread. In fact, same weeks there seem to be games that go by without any thread at all. But it's the game of the week, involving the intertwined fates of three deeply linked and acrimonious franchises and fan bases. 

Will Baker Mayfield stamp the Browns as the early 2019 AFC North favorite and lead them to a winning record? Will Lamar Jackson complete the transformation of a 4-5 team on a 3-game losing streak into a division champion? Will the Steelers sneak into the playoffs, courtesy of their traditional rival taking down their current greatest foe?

Pro Football Outsiders ranks the Ravens as the NFL's #2 team over the last 6 weeks, and the Browns as the #4 team. The one thing that gives me a little confidence as a Ravens fan is that the Ravens D is playing at a very high level now, that the Browns haven't faced much tough competition during their recent hot streak, and that they've been much tougher at home than on the road. As great as Baker has been, rookie QBs have always found Baltimore a very tough place to play.

Should be a great, hard-hitting, high-intensity game that could go either way.  

Most important game in the new Browns history. A chance to erase the past and move forward with a winning tradition.

As a Ravens fan, I'll jinx this: I think Baltimore is going to beat the hell out of Cleveland. Something like 26-13.

The Baltimore hate for Perriman is on an Irsay level. They didn’t give up on him, as Nantes said. They gave him every chance and he was terrible. Going deep on fly routes is what he’s made for tho 

Jackson has a really strong arm, but he needs some accuracy work.

As a Ravens fan, I'll jinx this: I think Baltimore is going to beat the hell out of Cleveland. Something like 26-13.
Ravens 38-7, Perriman will only catch 1 TD pass.

I see your jinx, and raise it with my reverse jinx.

IF Williams can stop blitzing and slow down the run game the Browns have a good chance to win this game. 

Lamar is pick your poison. Play zone and let him complete passes to TEs/RBs or play man and then he tucks and runs. Very hard for a spy to keep up with him 

Not gonna lie, I fear Browns will now abandon the run and throw every down which is the way they can win. Ravens need to score to start second half and start getting some GD pass rush 

Ravens haven’t made a good play since the goal line fumble. Amazing how things change. D needs to bail this team out now. Time to see if they’re truly elite 

Users who are viewing this thread