What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (2 Viewers)

I didn't know that a 70 year old couldn't be a troll.  My bad
You really do need to learn how to act when others disagree with you.  Dude....a troll.....come on guy, hahahaha~~~

And  do  some homework before...show me where Aaron Rodgers had a.......ok?  And when you are shown what you asked for how about a....ok ok I was wrong.

Junior, long time football fan here man, not some kid trolling, or just trying to argue, ok? I know the NFL, ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's all concede a few points and then move on:

1. The Eagles are not trading Carson Wentz and keeping Foles. They already said as much and that really should have been obvious.

2. It is extremely unlikely Foles will be the Eagles backup QB. The most likely scenario is they pick up the $20MM option and he buys it out for $2MM and is a free agent. I suppose the Eagles may then franchise him and try and trade him but that seems like a dangerous game that can backfire - but it's possible.

Things that are up for some debate but are irrelevant at this point:

1. The Eagles may be better off keeping Foles and trading Wentz for multiple picks. I would disagree with that but its a legit stance - but since there's no way its going to happen, who cares?

2. Wentz may be as good as Rodgers some day - not relevant in this topic,

Things that are relevant:

1. Where may Foles end up and at what cost?

2. Can he succeed outside of an Eagles coaching staff?

3. Will the Eagles franchise tag Foles and try and move him for picks? Is that a smart move or could they end up with a $27MM backup QB?

Things that are relevant:

1. Where may Foles end up and at what cost?

2. Can he succeed outside of an Eagles coaching staff?

3. Will the Eagles franchise tag Foles and try and move him for picks? Is that a smart move or could they end up with a $27MM backup QB?
I really hope they don't try #3.  I'd hate to see them try to get cute and end up hurting themselves.  Foles has earned his pay day, give him a big thanks* and move on.  And btw, the Eagles supposedly really like Nate Sudfeld who will probably be the backup next season.

*Eagles sorta already gave Foles the big thanks when they paid him the $1M bonus he just missed by 4 snaps.

I really hope they don't try #3.  I'd hate to see them try to get cute and end up hurting themselves.  Foles has earned his pay day, give him a big thanks* and move on.  And btw, the Eagles supposedly really like Nate Sudfeld who will probably be the backup next season.

*Eagles sorta already gave Foles the big thanks when they paid him the $1M bonus he just missed by 4 snaps.
I agree - I think tagging him is getting too cute and could cause many issues like:

• Foles not signing the tag right away and the team having a $27MM cap hold during free agency making them miss out of potential signings;
  • Foles signing but then not agreeing to terms with potential trading partners;
  • The Eagles looking bad when they have to rescind the tag in mid-July and Foles then having nowhere else to go.
The risks are not likely worth the reward of a mid-round pick (he may be worth more than a mid round pick but under these circumstances they may not get it).

Nick Foles played big time college football at Arizona, Wentz played at North Dakota State.

Foles had a 66.8  comp% vs far better opposition than Wentz faced who had a 64.1 comp%.

Could it be that Foles is actually the better QB with Wentz the better athlete?

2013....64.0 comp%...27/2...a gaudy 119.2 QB rating.

That's studly.

Foles can win you a SB this is a fact, everything about Wentz is can he do what Foles did?

They need to think long and hard about this.You let a proven commodity go over...potential?

Nick Foles played big time college football at Arizona, Wentz played at North Dakota State.

Foles had a 66.8  comp% vs far better opposition than Wentz faced who had a 64.1 comp%.

Since you like going back to high school and college, do yourself a favor and look into the 2016 Senor Bowl.  Some dude from North Dakota State was all the buzz and totally outshone all the big school prospects.  While you're at it, check out where Antonio Brown went to college.  Or Terron Armstead. Or Ben Roethlisberger.

But seriously, do yourself a favor and Google "Carson Wentz senior bowl". And read dozens of accounts on how he was easily the most dominant player on either side of the ball on either team in all the practices leading up to it.

2013....64.0 comp%...27/2...a gaudy 119.2 QB rating.

That's studly.

Foles can win you a SB this is a fact, everything about Wentz is can he do what Foles did?

They need to think long and hard about this.You let a proven commodity go over...potential?
I'm gonna hate myself for this.....

Which player do you think would bring back the better return in a trade - Foles or Wentz?

He'll look good in a Jags uniform next season. If I'm the Redskins, I'm calling him. Same is true if I'm the Niners' front office - sorry but Jimmy G isn't the answer. He'd be a great addition to Miami, Dallas - yes, Dak sucks ..to name a few

Since you like going back to high school and college, do yourself a favor and look into the 2016 Senor Bowl.  Some dude from North Dakota State was all the buzz and totally outshone all the big school prospects.  While you're at it, check out where Antonio Brown went to college.  Or Terron Armstead. Or Ben Roethlisberger.

But seriously, do yourself a favor and Google "Carson Wentz senior bowl". And read dozens of accounts on how he was easily the most dominant player on either side of the ball on either team in all the practices leading up to it.
Didn’t Dak Prescott win Senior Bowl MVP? People were drooling over wentz’s size, but there were reports of poor mechanics and in-accuracy as well. 

Well aware of Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion  Blufton,  Chris Warren  Furman,  Chris Ivory  Tiffin, all those HBCU athletes.

But, that doesn't change the fact that Foles had a better comp % vs a higher level of college footbal.

He'll look good in a Jags uniform next season. If I'm the Redskins, I'm calling him. Same is true if I'm the Niners' front office - sorry but Jimmy G isn't the answer. He'd be a great addition to Miami, Dallas - yes, Dak sucks ..to name a few
I'm not sure how much the Skins still have tied up in Alex Smith. And if they could afford another 20 million tied up at the position.  I agree that he's better than Tannahill or Prescott, but I think it's way too early to make a call on Garropolo.

Didn’t Dak Prescott win Senior Bowl MVP? People were drooling over wentz’s size, but there were reports of poor mechanics and in-accuracy as well. 
I don't who won the game MVP. I just know that the first time I heard of Carson Wentz was during practices for the Senior Bowl that year.  report after report was saying that this small college guy was stealing the show and moving up draft boards.

I'm gonna hate myself for this.....

Which player do you think would bring back the better return in a trade - Foles or Wentz?
I know you think....ah hell that's easy Wentz.

Now stop and really think about it. What have we seen Foles do the last couple seasons, how about Carson Wentz?  One winning a SB and getting you to the playoff while the other hurt....again.

Hmmmm?

Now stop and really think about it. What have we seen Foles do the last couple seasons, how about Carson Wentz?  One winning a SB and getting you to the playoff while the other hurt....again.

Hmmmm?
Dodging his question?

OK, so the Eagles (who did a masterful job remaking the team after the Kelly debacle) have chosen Wentz and the rest of the NFL would all give more to have Wentz. Yet, you keep arguing for Foles.  NFL GMs and scouts have made mistakes before, but I'd bet their track record is better than Zeno from the internet.

I'm very appreciative for Foles service over the last 2 seasons.  Wish him well in the future.

OK, so the Eagles (who did a masterful job remaking the team after the Kelly debacle) have chosen Wentz and the rest of the NFL would all give more to have Wentz. Yet, you keep arguing for Foles.  NFL GMs and scouts have made mistakes before, but I'd bet their track record is better than Zeno from the internet.

I'm very appreciative for Foles service over the last 2 seasons.  Wish him well in the future.
What is my track record?  I was talking up Tyreek Hill while he was in HS, same with Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, Reggie Bush. I said this..Cousins will end up the starter over RGIII. Said this....Russell Wilson....is going to be great, before he ever took an NFL snap. So..hmmm?

Foles is a doer, Wentz is a maybe.

What is my track record?  I was talking up Tyreek Hill while he was in HS, same with Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, Reggie Bush. I said this..Cousins will end up the starter over RGIII. Said this....Russell Wilson....is going to be great, before he ever took an NFL snap. So..hmmm?

Foles is a doer, Wentz is a maybe.
Noted.  Thanks.

Dodging his question?
Here you go Junior.

Weaknesses: Though he carried himself well and looked like a major-college prospect during Senior Bowl week, strength of competition is a legitimate concern for Wentz. He didn’t face a ton of complex defenses, nor did he have to deal with defenses loaded with top NFL prospects. One could argue that this is mitigated by the talent on Wentz’s own team, but it’s an issue nonetheless. Wentz isn’t a consistent thrower on the move because he doesn’t always turn his shoulders to the target, and may lose accuracy and velocity. Needs to refine his footwork on under-center dropbacks. Tends to lock onto his eventual targets for too long, which will lead to converging coverages at the NFL level. Needs to be more sudden and accurate on deep throws at times, and his read quickness is an issue.

Here you go Junior.

Weaknesses: Though he carried himself well and looked like a major-college prospect during Senior Bowl week, strength of competition is a legitimate concern for Wentz. He didn’t face a ton of complex defenses, nor did he have to deal with defenses loaded with top NFL prospects. One could argue that this is mitigated by the talent on Wentz’s own team, but it’s an issue nonetheless. Wentz isn’t a consistent thrower on the move because he doesn’t always turn his shoulders to the target, and may lose accuracy and velocity. Needs to refine his footwork on under-center dropbacks. Tends to lock onto his eventual targets for too long, which will lead to converging coverages at the NFL level. Needs to be more sudden and accurate on deep throws at times, and his read quickness is an issue.
Again, since you love avoiding questions that go against you jibber-jabber. 

Who would demand more in a trade, Wentz or Foles?

Again, since you love avoiding questions that go against you jibber-jabber. 

Who would demand more in a trade, Wentz or Foles?
Wentz

No doubt about  it.

Who was considered the better QB RGIII or Kirk Cousins?

Both were drafted ahead of Russell Wilson.

Ding ding ding ding.  

Now, why would teams offer more for Wentz than for Foles?
There is still hope Wentz really is that guy they saw in 2017, and that wasn't a fluke.

Trust me on this, if the kid goes down again, there will be some serious....he just can't stay up right. He better stay healthy.

Joe Montana had....touch.  He wasn't big, didn't have a canon, he just knew how to work an offense, how to move the chains. Have him stand beside Carson Wentz, he'd looked tiny.  Have Montana throw a pass vs Wentz, he'd look weak. 

Joe Montana is so far superior to Carson Wentz as a...QB....it's ridiculous.  I keep seeing this with Foles vs Wentz. And I;m not the only one.

Eagles should keep Foles, trade Wentz: Weinberg

DAVID WEINBERG Staff Writer

Jan 9, 2019

Joe Montana had....touch.  He wasn't big, didn't have a canon, he just knew how to work an offense, how to move the chains. Have him stand beside Carson Wentz, he'd looked tiny.  Have Montana throw a pass vs Wentz, he'd look weak. 

Joe Montana is so far superior to Carson Wentz as a...QB....it's ridiculous.  I keep seeing this with Foles vs Wentz. And I;m not the only one.

Eagles should keep Foles, trade Wentz: Weinberg

DAVID WEINBERG Staff Writer

Jan 9, 2019
Dammit!  I had him ahead of Montana.  :lol:

Montana had a weaker arm, not the running threat, not as big or as strong, so how could he be better?
You're going to have to do waaaaay better than this, troll.   You finally admitted that Wentz would garner much more in a trade than Foles. We are now in agreement. You can move on to be an annoyance in the next thread.  :bye:

You're going to have to do waaaaay better than this, troll.   You finally admitted that Wentz would garner much more in a trade than Foles. We are now in agreement. You can move on to be an annoyance in the next thread.  :bye:
Junior, work with me here....

You asked what the NFL would do, do you have any idea how many times they have got it wrong? And I expect them to get this wrong, ok?  I would keep Foles and trade Wentz while it is stilll....boy he looked good in 2017...before....the guy can;t stay healthy....becomes the reality and we are now stuck with him.

Junior, you really do need to grow up guy, ok?

2019 will prove my point.

Remember me talking about Wentz in HS?  Well he got hurt there also, this time playing baseball.

So you're predicting an injury or that Foles will have the better season? 
Wentz was hurt in HS, at ND, in the NFL,there is a pattern there.  Foles is a SB MVP, he gets a.......team sure plays better with him at the helm.....we see a pattern there.

Watch what happens and see if this ..Troll...knows his stuff , ok Junior?

Wentz was hurt in HS, at ND, in the NFL,there is a pattern there.  Foles is a SB MVP, he gets a.......team sure plays better with him at the helm.....we see a pattern there.

Watch what happens and see if this ..Troll...knows his stuff , ok Junior?
Again, you decline to offer a direct answer to a very direct question.  Seems like you're hedging your bet.

Yes, if Wentz gets hurt again next season and Foles doesn't, Foles will most likely (depending on the time and duration of the injury)have a better season.  Doesn't take a football mastermind to come to that conclusion.  But it looks like you're admitting that if both are healthy, it's not even a competition as to who is the better quarterback. Which justifies the fact that you admit that Wentz would get a much larger return in a trade than Foles would. And the fact that Wentz will be signing a top 3 in the league contract in a year and Foles is going to get Case Keenumish money.

Again, you decline to offer a direct answer to a very direct question.  Seems like you're hedging your bet.

Yes, if Wentz gets hurt again next season and Foles doesn't, Foles will most likely (depending on the time and duration of the injury)have a better season.  Doesn't take a football mastermind to come to that conclusion.  But it looks like you're admitting that if both are healthy, it's not even a competition as to who is the better quarterback. Which justifies the fact that you admit that Wentz would get a much larger return in a trade than Foles would. And the fact that Wentz will be signing a top 3 in the league contract in a year and Foles is going to get Case Keenumish money.
The NFL is all about numbers.

6-4 230

4.66 40

Can throw a football thru a brick wall.

6-1

Total average arm

But....they miss on big 6-4 can't read a defense, has no clue had to throw a guy open, no clue how to throw a back shoulder, throws too hard.

Average arm....can read a defense as if it were a tattoo, he lays the ball where  it needs to go,  he throws darts, a master at work.

Watch how this ends up.

The NFL is all about numbers.

6-4 230

4.66 40

Can throw a football thru a brick wall.

6-1

Total average arm

But....they miss on big 6-4 can't read a defense, has no clue had to throw a guy open, no clue how to throw a back shoulder, throws too hard.

Average arm....can read a defense as if it were a tattoo, he lays the ball where  it needs to go,  he throws darts, a master at work.

Watch how this ends up.
Did someone use Wentz' physical stature as a reason he's better than Foles?   Or were you just desperate to post stuff so you're pretending someone brought up his size advantage?

Can we just concede that JuniorNB likes Wentz for the Eagles going forward, and ZenoRazon likes Foles for the Eagles going forward and leave it at that. Neither of you are going to concede anything to the other. It is a waste of your time to have this discussion and a waste of our time to have to read it. And it's not really even applicable to the topic. Move on. Both of you.

Did someone use Wentz' physical stature as a reason he's better than Foles?   Or were you just desperate to post stuff so you're pretending someone brought up his size advantage?
If think the fact Wentz isn't the more physically imposing isn't a factor.....huh?

Can we just concede that JuniorNB likes Wentz for the Eagles going forward, and ZenoRazon likes Foles for the Eagles going forward and leave it at that. Neither of you are going to concede anything to the other. It is a waste of your time to have this discussion and a waste of our time to have to read it. And it's not really even applicable to the topic. Move on. Both of you.
Let's not play that, ok man? 

This is a discussion forum, a lot of what happens to Foles is about how confident the Eagles are in the oft injured  Wentz.  You do know there is talk about just maybe things aren't what they appear to be.....ok?

And, you don't have to read it, ok?

Let's not play that, ok man? 

This is a discussion forum, a lot of what happens to Foles is about how confident the Eagles are in the oft injured  Wentz.  You do know there is talk about just maybe things aren't what they appear to be.....ok?

And, you don't have to read it, ok?
I am not playing anything. When 2 posters go back and forth repeatly with no willingness to concede anything, it is a pointless exercise. Just pointing that out so maybe you won't waste my time. And I stopped reading when I saw post after post was just you two going back and forth. So go ahead, waste everybody's time. I will stop responding.

I am not playing anything. When 2 posters go back and forth repeatly with no willingness to concede anything, it is a pointless exercise. Just pointing that out so maybe you won't waste my time. And I stopped reading when I saw post after post was just you two going back and forth. So go ahead, waste everybody's time. I will stop responding.
Ok ok ok, it's all yours.

Are we sure about that?
yes

Eagles coach Doug Pederson confirmed Carson Wentz "is the quarterback going forward."

This became a question after Nick Foles led the Eagles on another late-season run including a playoff win, but the reality is there was not much of a decision to be made. Wentz is younger, will likely be cheaper for the next two seasons, and is a better quarterback when healthy. The when healthy part is certainly a concern following two injury-shortened seasons, but EVP Howie Roseman expressed "confidence in his ability to be our quarterback and to be hopefully a 19-game starter." The Eagles will likely look to tag-and-trade Foles this offseason. Jan 15 - 12:24 PM
I mean I guess it's possible Roseman and Pederson will read the great ZenoRazon/Junior NB debates and change their mind but those chances seem remote.

yes

I mean I guess it's possible Roseman and Pederson will read the great ZenoRazon/Junior NB debates and change their mind but those chances seem remote.
The Philadelphia Eagles would love to have Nick Foles back in 2019, which is a no-brainer considering he is the ultimate insurance policy for Carson Wentz. Philadelphia made it clear Wentz is the franchise quarterback, but also let it be known that won't stop the organization from bringing back Foles.

"We would love to keep Nick Foles," said Eagles Executive Vice President of Football Operations Howie Roseman. "You talk about a guy who we drafted here and we've grown incredibly close with. I don't know a team that wouldn't want to have Nick Foles on their roster.

"Certainly, as we go into the substance of those discussions - we haven't had them yet - but there is no question we love having Nick Foles as an Eagle in Philadelphia and we would love to keep him."

To troll

Go to his profile and take a gander at some of those beauties since he joined a few weeks back....
Hahaha  It's amazing how it's the exact same pattern. Every. Single. Time.

A great example is the physical size thing he's now spouting. Not one single person here made the argument that Wentz is better because of his stature. Not a one. So ZeBop created one. He's basically arguing with no one at this point.  :whistle:

I mean they could be posturing with their Wentz quote to get max value, but that seems highly highly highly unlikely to me.

Wentz appears to be their guy. 

I laid out my case for Foles, but I can obviously see the other side of the argument. 

With that, I still think the Giants can be a dark horse.

if you were Foles, what’s more appealing than OBJ, Shepard, Engram, & Barkley?

To me, with those weapons in place, 5/90 with 4 seasons guaranteed would be a mutually beneficial deal and instantly turn the NYG into a scary offense. Foles throwing the deep ball to OBJ, with underneath options like Engram and check downs like Barkley, come on!! That’s a hell of an offense!

I mean they could be posturing with their Wentz quote to get max value, but that seems highly highly highly unlikely to me.

Wentz appears to be their guy. 

I laid out my case for Foles, but I can obviously see the other side of the argument. 

With that, I still think the Giants can be a dark horse.

if you were Foles, what’s more appealing than OBJ, Shepard, Engram, & Barkley?

To me, with those weapons in place, 5/90 with 4 seasons guaranteed would be a mutually beneficial deal and instantly turn the NYG into a scary offense. Foles throwing the deep ball to OBJ, with underneath options like Engram and check downs like Barkley, come on!! That’s a hell of an offense!
That Giants OLine needs addressed for any QB to have success.   

Users who are viewing this thread