Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fantasycurse42

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I'm not going to sit here and educate you on the difference between throwing bombs to Agholor and Jefferey as compared to throwing 3 yard dumps to Kamara and letting him rack up your passing yards with his legs.  In fact, Wentz got up to 70% this season mainly because he didn't want to put the extra torque on his bad knee and chose to throw short passes to Ertz.  His 60% in 2017 was much more impressive than his 70% this year.   This started with you saying the Eagles never played better than they did this year with Foles behind center.  You obviously had no knowledge of their 11-2 record last year with Wentz throwing 33 TDs and only 7 interceptions.  Stop coming in unprepared and you'll stop embarrassing yourself. :popcorn:

You educating .....hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Wentz had a 7.5 avg a comp, Brees a 8.1, what does that tell you amigo?

Dude, EVERYBODY who follows football knows about a teams season record. ok? 

This is going to be fun, hahahaha, poor little guy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

You educating .....hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Wentz had a 7.5 avg a comp, Brees a 8.1, what does that tell you amigo?

Dude, EVERYBODY who follows football knows about a teams season record. ok? 

This is going to be fun, hahahaha, poor little guy.

 

All I can say is don't pull a ShaBucks and disappear when you end up embarrassing yourself.  The league knows all about Foles' body of work.  Great in spurts, then dreadful, then very average.   He will always be a legend in Philly for getting us our first ring. I love the guy. And I'd love to keep him if we didn't happen to have one of the best young QBs in the game.  With Foles, a team is going to end up with a guy someone in between the great Foles we saw in Chip's first year and the guy who got benched for Case Keenum with the Rams. Probably between top 12-15. Above average.    Meanwhile, people will be arguing whether Wentz was the best QB in the league or second best.  Like I just baited you into doing with him or Brees.   Toodles.  :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

I was talking about how stats don't always work, nobody in particular, that wasn't obvious?

Do you live in a cave?  Google.,...The Eagles are better with Nick Foles.

See who has the horrible argument. 

You backtrack in every thread I’ve seen you post in when called out and damn near contradict yourself but you’re so vague all the time you can’t really tell if you are or aren’t. Well played. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

All I can say is don't pull a ShaBucks and disappear when you end up embarrassing yourself.  The league knows all about Foles' body of work.  Great in spurts, then dreadful, then very average.   He will always be a legend in Philly for getting us our first ring. I love the guy. And I'd love to keep him if we didn't happen to have one of the best young QBs in the game.  With Foles, a team is going to end up with a guy someone in between the great Foles we saw in Chip's first year and the guy who got benched for Case Keenum with the Rams. Probably between top 12-15. Above average.    Meanwhile, people will be arguing whether Wentz was the best QB in the league or second best.  Like I just baited you into doing with him or Brees.   Toodles.  :popcorn:

You totally missing on Mike Thomas catching 104 passes, with a  12 yard average which was far better than any Eagles WR.....74.....and a TE, HA~~~~~~~~~~~

That tells me ya don't do your homework skippy.

Love rookies.

Edited by ZenoRazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

You backtrack in every thread I’ve seen you post in when called out and damn near contradict yourself but you’re so vague all the time you can’t really tell if you are or aren’t. Well played. 

No I don't, my only problem is thinking things are totally obvious, when they aren't. 

Russell Wilson is a fantastic QB, one of the top 4/5 today but he doesn't pass for a lot of yards,  the reason....they run the ball.

So he doesn't stack up well with those throwing it all around, when he's far better than they are . Stats???

Edited by ZenoRazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

You totally missing on Mike Thomas catching 104 passes, with a  12 yard average which was far better than any Eagles WR.....74.....and a TE, HA~~~~~~~~~~~

Told me ya don't do your homework skippy.

Love rookies.

Again, Wentz was the hands down MVP at the time of his injury last year. 33/7 with 3 games left.  Would have projected to around 40/8. And add another 800-900 yards.  And that was in only his second year.  This is why it's an absolute no brainer to let Foles go.  If Wentz was Rivers' age or Roethlisberger's, you could make the argument that you go with the journeyman. This was never even a question to the Eagles brass. Head coach happens to be an ex-quarterback, by the way. He knows when he has a special talent.  Patrick Mahomes is the only player in the league who would be chosen before Wentz if any of the GMs were starting a team from scratch.  Why on earth do you think the Eagles would even consider letting him go?  To keep a guy who's been on four teams in seven years. Why is this even a conversation?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Again, Wentz was the hands down MVP at the time of his injury last year. 33/7 with 3 games left.  Would have projected to around 40/8. And add another 800-900 yards.  And that was in only his second year.  This is why it's an absolute no brainer to let Foles go.  If Wentz was Rivers' age or Roethlisberger's, you could make the argument that you go with the journeyman. This was never even a question to the Eagles brass. Head coach happens to be an ex-quarterback, by the way. He knows when he has a special talent.  Patrick Mahomes is the only player in the league who would be chosen before Wentz if any of the GMs were starting a team from scratch.  Why on earth do you think the Eagles would even consider letting him go?  To keep a guy who's been on four teams in seven years. Why is this even a conversation?

 

How about a grunt about the Saints having a 104 catch receiver, ok? 

Brees had a far better comp% and a higher QB rating,  so how was it....a run away...????

Compare Wentz first three seasons to Russell Wilson, it's all Russell Wilson, check it out. And NOBODY is taking Wentz over him.

Foles has already accomplished more than Wentz, and it's because he's realiable and Wentz isn't, this is a biggie in sports.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

How about a grunt about the Saints having a 104 catch receiver, ok? 

Brees had a far better comp% and a higher QB rating,  so how was it....a run away...????

Compare Wentz first three seasons to Russell Wilson, it's all Russell Wilson, check it out. And NOBODY is taking Wentz over him.

Foles has already accomplished more than Wentz, and it's because he's realiable and Wentz isn't, this is a biggie in sports.

 

 

Again, you're comparing Wentz' 2017 season with an all-time top 5 QB. I think you may be arguing my side for me. :D  By the way, if you think completion percentage is more important than TD/INT ratio, then you don't understand the importance of turnovers in the NFL.  I'm afraid that nothing I say is ever going to make you any smarter. BY the way, Wentz was 33/7.  Brees was 23/8. Not even close.

Wilson is a great QB. I like him a lot. But a team starting out would never take a 30 year old over Wentz. If they were the same age, then you'd have an argument.  Again, you keep comparing Wentz to the league's best. Making my argument for me. With names like Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson being thrown around to make your case against Wentz, it's kind of silly that a 4-teams-in-7-years Foles is in the conversation, huh?  :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Wentz tore up his knee, PHI went 5-6 with Wentz, who had a 102.2 QB rating this year. Looking at the end of last year and the end of this year, Foles led PHI to a 10-2 record (ignoring Week 17 last year when Sudfield was the primary QB against DAL) with a 95.2 passer rating.

A healthy Wentz is a better and more dynamic player overall, but the Eagles seem to play better and win more with Foles. Not sure there would be a huge dropoff if they stuck with Foles, especially if they could net three first round picks as has been mentioned as the haul they would get for Wentz. And who's to say that Wentz will ever be 100% healthy and return to 2017 form.

I get that Foles staying and Wentz getting traded isn't going to happen, but it's an interesting debate whether Foles + three first round picks would be better for the team than just having Wentz.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, humpback said:

You sure love your strawmen.

Call it what you want idc. You loaded your response with questions. I don't care to answer all of those questions and don't think it makes your point. I'm good and still stand on my statements.

4 minutes ago, humpback said:

I do not think it's crazy to think he is not entirely motivated by money, I think it's crazy to think that he wouldn't play for a NFCE rival because he loves Philly so much- it doesn't make any sense for starters and there's been no indication that he wouldn't. Likewise, I never said it's 99% economic, just that it's more economic than emotions. The odds makers and betting public know about these "psychological factors", yet they still clearly believe that he would play for a rival.

If I disagree on how these factors are weighted then that's called value. WAS is still fiscally tied to Alex Smith and Gruden has a hard for Colt McCoy. He has no ties there aside from being good friends with Alex Smith. WAS barely has Teddy Bridgewater cap space and I don't think Foles is some whore without character chasing money for the umpteenth time. NYG at +1000, hardly worth the commentary. 

 

45 minutes ago, humpback said:

All of your points are countered by the fact that he signed an extension with extra money from Philly last year, presumably is going to take his incentive bonus this off season (that he didn't reach), and that he's very likely to sign elsewhere this off season because the Eagles can't afford to pay his asking price. If there was some unbreakable bond between the two and the money wasn't a factor, he could very easily go back- I'm sure they'd love to keep him for a couple of mil per year. Any reason why you ignored all of those points (rhetorical question)?

You don't even know the contract first off. He reached numerous incentive bonuses this season. Secondly, the Eagles already had him under contract. Meaning they didn't have to add anything to his deal after he won a SB MVP. The also added a MUTUAL agreement to the deal. That's the exact MUTUAL respect I'm talking about that you could be ignoring. There was also a chance Wentz didn't recover as well, so Howie planned well for that scenario. Had Wentz re-injured his knee or something they would have MADE ROOM to exercised the mutual option or tagged him 100%. I didn't bother refuting because you speak so arrogant, yet clueless, on someone purely speculating(for your rhetorical question). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

You educating .....hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Wentz had a 7.5 avg a comp, Brees a 8.1, what does that tell you amigo?

Dude, EVERYBODY who follows football knows about a teams season record. ok? 

This is going to be fun, hahahaha, poor little guy.

 

Your posts would hold a lot more weight if you weren’t so abrasive. I’ve run across it several times just today in my daily forum browsing. Every time your name pops up the thread derails into name calling and condescension. Lighten up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Again, you're comparing Wentz' 2017 season with an all-time top 5 QB. I think you may be arguing my side for me. :D  By the way, if you think completion percentage is more important than TD/INT ratio, then you don't understand the importance of turnovers in the NFL.  I'm afraid that nothing I say is ever going to make you any smarter. BY the way, Wentz was 33/7.  Brees was 23/8. Not even close.

Wilson is a great QB. I like him a lot. But a team starting out would never take a 30 year old over Wentz. If they were the same age, then you'd have an argument.  Again, you keep comparing Wentz to the league's best. Making my argument for me. With names like Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson being thrown around to make your case against Wentz, it's kind of silly that a 4-teams-in-7-years Foles is in the conversation, huh?  :whistle:

What actually happened is you forgot about Brees and now trying to wiggle out.

If you think TD/INT (which can be what the play makers do) is more important than a QB;s ability to complete passes, I can't help ya.

Totally wrong about Wilson vs Wentz, try 100%, if both guys were free in 2019 NOBODY would take Wentz over Wilson  NOBODY.  So ya might wanna cool this..smarter...BS, ok?

Nick Foles gets more out of the Eagles than Wentz does, we all see it, you don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Since Wentz tore up his knee, PHI went 5-6 with Wentz, who had a 102.2 QB rating this year. Looking at the end of last year and the end of this year, Foles led PHI to a 10-2 record (ignoring Week 17 last year when Sudfield was the primary QB against DAL) with a 95.2 passer rating.

A healthy Wentz is a better and more dynamic player overall, but the Eagles seem to play better and win more with Foles. Not sure there would be a huge dropoff if they stuck with Foles, especially if they could net three first round picks as has been mentioned as the haul they would get for Wentz. And who's to say that Wentz will ever be 100% healthy and return to 2017 form.

I get that Foles staying and Wentz getting traded isn't going to happen, but it's an interesting debate whether Foles + three first round picks would be better for the team than just having Wentz.

A guy who get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

Your posts would hold a lot more weight if you weren’t so abrasive. I’ve run across it several times just today in my daily forum browsing. Every time your name pops up the thread derails into name calling and condescension. Lighten up. 

Show me anywhere where I throw the first punch, you can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

Show me anywhere where I throw the first punch, you can't.

It’s not always about who starts it. It’s the constant back and forth that is old. Ignore the first post and it’s done.

But back to football...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

 

A healthy Wentz is a better and more dynamic player overall, but the Eagles seem to play better and win more with Foles.

This is true if you totally discount the last season that Wentz played healthy. The best the Eagles ever played was in the 13 games before he got hurt.     The Eagles looked better THIS YEAR with a healthy Foles in for an injured/recovering Wentz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ShaHBucks said:

Call it what you want idc. You loaded your response with questions. I don't care to answer all of those questions and don't think it makes your point. I'm good and still stand on my statements.

If I disagree on how these factors are weighted then that's called value. WAS is still fiscally tied to Alex Smith and Gruden has a hard for Colt McCoy. He has no ties there aside from being good friends with Alex Smith. WAS barely has Teddy Bridgewater cap space and I don't think Foles is some whore without character chasing money for the umpteenth time. NYG at +1000, hardly worth the commentary. 

 

You don't even know the contract first off. He reached numerous incentive bonuses this season. Secondly, the Eagles already had him under contract. Meaning they didn't have to add anything to his deal after he won a SB MVP. The also added a MUTUAL agreement to the deal. That's the exact MUTUAL respect I'm talking about that you could be ignoring. There was also a chance Wentz didn't recover as well, so Howie planned well for that scenario. Had Wentz re-injured his knee or something they would have MADE ROOM to exercised the mutual option or tagged him 100%. I didn't bother refuting because you speak so arrogant, yet clueless, on someone purely speculating(for your rhetorical question). 

I call it what it is- you keep misrepresenting what I'm saying because you can't refute my actual argument, it's the definition of a straw man. You've done it multiple times in pretty much every response, including this one.

Only homers know about contracts, right? No way someone could, say, google it, they need to have the super-secret insider code? If you actually read the thread there was discussion about the $1 mil bonus based on snaps played that he fell just short of and how they are expected to pay it anyway. Pretty obvious that is what I was talking about, but I'm the clueless one.

I'm not the one making unsubstantiated claims- I have no idea where he's going to end up, don't particularly care, but there's no reason to believe he wouldn't play for a NFCE rival and I don't recall anyone else saying that either. You're entitled to your opinion, but you have no actual evidence supporting your side while I've given you multiple data points supporting mine which you haven't even tried to refute because you can't. I prefer to deal with evidence and facts instead of unsubstantiated speculation, so I'll bow out here- have a good day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

What actually happened is you forgot about Brees and now trying to wiggle out.

If you think TD/INT (which can be what the play makers do) is more important than a QB;s ability to complete passes, I can't help ya.

Totally wrong about Wilson vs Wentz, try 100%, if both guys were free in 2019 NOBODY would take Wentz over Wilson  NOBODY.  So ya might wanna cool this..smarter...BS, ok?

Nick Foles gets more out of the Eagles than Wentz does, we all see it, you don't?

Foles completed 60% of his passes in the playoffs and three 3 TDs and 4 interception.  He had one good drive the entire Bears game. He was a doink doink away from losing the game largely because of his play. In New Orleans, he started off with two good drives and then was terrible for three quarters. Again, an opposing field goal kicker saved him from losing another playoff game which he played poorly. As an Eagles fan, I love the storybook hero that was created with Super Bowl LII. But Foles has this season. He was bad in four of them (his two starts to open the season and his two playoff games). Sometimes, the mystique from the year before puts blinders on people.

Foles will sign a contract slightly better than Case Keenum did last year.  Probably a smidge over 20 mill/per.  GMs aren't going to just look at a great playoff run in 2017 and disregard the rest of the guy's career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Foles completed 60% of his passes in the playoffs and three 3 TDs and 4 interception.  He had one good drive the entire Bears game. He was a doink doink away from losing the game largely because of his play. In New Orleans, he started off with two good drives and then was terrible for three quarters. Again, an opposing field goal kicker saved him from losing another playoff game which he played poorly. As an Eagles fan, I love the storybook hero that was created with Super Bowl LII. But Foles has this season. He was bad in four of them (his two starts to open the season and his two playoff games). Sometimes, the mystique from the year before puts blinders on people.

Foles will sign a contract slightly better than Case Keenum did last year.  Probably a smidge over 20 mill/per.  GMs aren't going to just look at a great playoff run in 2017 and disregard the rest of the guy's career.

Smart move,  getting  away from Wilson vs Wentz, Wilson on a whole other level and ya know it.

The Eagles will dump Foles, then DOWN GOES WENTZ...again,and it's....we goofed.

Watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

How about a grunt about the Saints having a 104 catch receiver, ok? 

Brees had a far better comp% and a higher QB rating,  so how was it....a run away...????

Compare Wentz first three seasons to Russell Wilson, it's all Russell Wilson, check it out. And NOBODY is taking Wentz over him.

Foles has already accomplished more than Wentz, and it's because he's realiable and Wentz isn't, this is a biggie in sports.

 

 

Nick Foles has never played a full 16 game season either.  He's come off the bench and been a fantastic closer though.  Not sure how you can say Foles is reliable but Wentz is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

I was talking about how stats don't always work, nobody in particular, that wasn't obvious?

Do you live in a cave?  Google.,...The Eagles are better with Nick Foles.

See who has the horrible argument. 

Maybe if you used examples that supported, rather than blatantly contradictng your point you wouldn’t find yourself in so many back-and-forths.

”Stats don’t always work!  Here’s a case where they do!” is not really a good way of framing a point to avoid misunderstanding.

Likewise, insulting someone for engaging with one of your points isn’t really productive.  I never even stated an opinion on Foles:  just stepped in to refute your “horrible argument.”

😜

Edited by Arodin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Smart move,  getting  away from Wilson vs Wentz, Wilson on a whole other level and ya know it.

The Eagles will dump Foles, then DOWN GOES WENTZ...again,and it's....we goofed.

Watch.

 

Wilson is only 'on another level' because he's been good for a long time.  In Wentz' last healthy season, Wilson wasn't as good as Wentz.   Do you ever tire of being wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

This is true if you totally discount the last season that Wentz played healthy. The best the Eagles ever played was in the 13 games before he got hurt.     The Eagles looked better THIS YEAR with a healthy Foles in for an injured/recovering Wentz. 

If Wentz were healthy last year AND this year, 100% we would not be discussing Foles right now. If Wentz were healthy last year OR this year we 85% would not be discussing Foles right now. 

Wentz not being healthy is one of the factors as to why the Eagles should perhaps at least consider keeping Foles. 

The only player I watch regularly that has had back surgery is Gronk, and he certainly has struggled to stay on the field and hasn’t had a very long career. 

We all hope Wentz comes back 100% and will not have further issues, but for now we can’t say that with complete certainty. Similarly, defense coordinators may figure out how to better defend Wentz and he may not be as productive as last year. Maybe that was a hot streak. Look at Carr. He looked like a superstar a couple years ago and now not so much. 

And before you lash out at me, I agree that the upside of Wentz is a lot higher than the upside of Carr. I was just using him as an example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Nick Foles has never played a full 16 game season either.  He's come off the bench and been a fantastic closer though.  Not sure how you can say Foles is reliable but Wentz is not.

Exactly. Wentz was a starter three season. He was excellent in Chip's first year.  Played very average his second year and then got hurt (Oh my, he must be injury prone). In his next year, with the Rams, he was giving the starting job only to lose it to Case Keenum after10 games.  Like I said, the Super Bowl win sure has created a legend. Although his 7 year body of work tells a different story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JuniorNB said:

Wilson is only 'on another level' because he's been good for a long time.  In Wentz' last healthy season, Wilson wasn't as good as Wentz.   Do you ever tire of being wrong?

Compare the first three seasons of Wilson vs Wentz,, ok. Don't you get tired of being taken to school....Junior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Exactly. Wentz was a starter three season. He was excellent in Chip's first year.  Played very average his second year and then got hurt (Oh my, he must be injury prone). In his next year, with the Rams, he was giving the starting job only to lose it to Case Keenum after10 games.  Like I said, the Super Bowl win sure has created a legend. Although his 7 year body of work tells a different story. 

I love what Foles did for us and truly hope he finds success in the future. But reality is he's not going to be the Eagles QB going forward.  How quickly everyone forgets how great Wentz was playing prior to the knee injury.  He was the '17 version of Maholmes in terms of accolades.  Unfortunately he got hurt or he would have the league MVP.  He was obviously not 100% coming into '18 and still put up very good numbers, the highest QB rating of his short career in fact.

ETA: FWIW, Wentz less than 100% had a better QB rating (102.2) than a healthy Foles (96.0), while playing more games.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anarchy99 said:

 

 

10 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Compare the first three seasons of Wilson vs Wentz,, ok. Don't you get tired of being taken to school....Junior?

I'll remove the injured season, thank you very much.  ROFL.   I'm using 2017.  If you'd like to stack that up against any of Wilson's seasons, you go right ahead.   Not sure why you keep going off on these tangents with other quarterbacks.  The eagles aren't choosing between Wentz and Wilson.  Is it because you realize how idiotic you sound comparing him to Foles?  :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

If Wentz were healthy last year AND this year, 100% we would not be discussing Foles right now. If Wentz were healthy last year OR this year we 85% would not be discussing Foles right now. 

Wentz not being healthy is one of the factors as to why the Eagles should perhaps at least consider keeping Foles. 

The only player I watch regularly that has had back surgery is Gronk, and he certainly has struggled to stay on the field and hasn’t had a very long career. 

We all hope Wentz comes back 100% and will not have further issues, but for now we can’t say that with complete certainty. Similarly, defense coordinators may figure out how to better defend Wentz and he may not be as productive as last year. Maybe that was a hot streak. Look at Carr. He looked like a superstar a couple years ago and now not so much. 

And before you lash out at me, I agree that the upside of Wentz is a lot higher than the upside of Carr. I was just using him as an example. 

Fair enough on the injuries. And decent point on Derek Carr.  I would like to see more, also. But I'm certainly not using a season started 10 months after tearing both his ACL and PCL and without a single rep with any of his receivers in the offseason or training camp as an indication that 2017 was a fluke. Desaun Watson was much better last year too.  He also was coming back from an ACL tear.  And his injury happened 5 weeks earlier than Wentz.   As I've stated, he has Aaron Rodgers potential. And plays a similar style of game. The Eagles have no legitimate decision to make, unless Foles was willing to forfeit millions of dollars to resign as a backup.  And we both know that'll never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

 

I'll remove the injured season, thank you very much.  ROFL.   I'm using 2017.  If you'd like to stack that up against any of Wilson's seasons, you go right ahead.   Not sure why you keep going off on these tangents with other quarterbacks.  The eagles aren't choosing between Wentz and Wilson.  Is it because you realize how idiotic you sound comparing him to Foles?  :popcorn:

Dude, you really don;t get it at all.  Wentz is no Russell Wilson you have any idea how ridiculous ya look trying to argue this? Wow~~~~~~~

Junior, how old are you son?  You don;t appear to get anything, HELL NO NICK FOLES ISN;T HAS GOOD AS WENTZ............BUT........he's there and wins SB'S....OK guy?

Edited by ZenoRazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Dude, you really don;t get it at all.  Wentz is no Russell Wilson you have any idea how ridiculous ya look trying to argue this? Wow~~~~~~~

Junior, how old are you son?  You don;t appear to get anything, HELL NO NICK FOLES ISN;T HAS GOOD AS WENTZ............BUT........he's there and wins SB'S....OK guy?

You didn't address my comment re: Foles is reliable, Wentz is not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Dude, you really don;t get it at all.  Wentz is no Russell Wilson you have any idea how ridiculous ya look trying to argue this? Wow~~~~~~~

Junior, how old are you son?  You don;t appear to get anything, HELL NO NICK FOLES ISN;T HAS GOOD AS WENTZ............BUT........he's there and wins SB'S....OK guy?

Your last sentence is all that matters. That's what the discussion is about. So while you're sending up smokescreens and backpedaling and comparing Wentz to the best quarterbacks in the game, my initial point stands correct. Wentz over Foles is a no brainer and the Eagles never did, nor ever pretended to, have a decision to make.

Also, not sure why you're asking my age when you're the one calling people son and saying things like 'ok guy?'.  You sound like a really old guy trying to sound cool. Listen pappy, stick to AFL trivia. You just ran a marathon to end up agreeing with me when you could have done that in the starting blocks.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Your last sentence is all that matters. That's what the discussion is about. So while you're sending up smokescreens and backpedaling and comparing Wentz to the best quarterbacks in the game, my initial point stands correct. Wentz over Foles is a no brainer and the Eagles never did, nor ever pretended to, have a decision to make.

Also, not sure why you're asking my age when you're the one calling people son and saying things like 'ok guy?'.  You sound like a really old guy trying to sound cool. Listen pappy, stick to AFL trivia. You just ran a marathon to end up agreeing with me when you could have done that in the starting blocks.  ;)

I just wasted all this time talking to some kid on his parents computer, wearing a T shirt that reads...DUH!

Sheesh~~~~~~~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

I just wasted all this time talking to some kid on his parents computer, wearing a T shirt that reads...DUH!

Sheesh~~~~~~~~

You're right about the first part. You just wasted a bunch of time talking in circles just to come to the same conclusion I brought up to begin with. You should stick to your Lance Alworth threads Pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JuniorNB said:

You're right about the first part. You just wasted a bunch of time talking in circles just to come to the same conclusion I brought up to begin with. You should stick to your Lance Alworth threads Pop

Poor little kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

Nick Foles has never played a full 16 game season either.  He's come off the bench and been a fantastic closer though.  Not sure how you can say Foles is reliable but Wentz is not.

 

51 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I love what Foles did for us and truly hope he finds success in the future. But reality is he's not going to be the Eagles QB going forward.  How quickly everyone forgets how great Wentz was playing prior to the knee injury.  He was the '17 version of Maholmes in terms of accolades.  Unfortunately he got hurt or he would have the league MVP.  He was obviously not 100% coming into '18 and still put up very good numbers, the highest QB rating of his short career in fact.

ETA: FWIW, Wentz less than 100% had a better QB rating (102.2) than a healthy Foles (96.0), while playing more games.

 

26 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You didn't address my comment re: Foles is reliable, Wentz is not.  

That's ok, I'm sure you'll get around to it @ZenoRazon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

Where?

OK, so you missed it 3 times including the post you just quoted.  But....

Nick Foles has never played a full 16 game season either.  He's come off the bench and been a fantastic closer though.  Not sure how you can say Foles is reliable but Wentz is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

OK, so you missed it 3 times including the post you just quoted.  But....

Nick Foles has never played a full 16 game season either.  He's come off the bench and been a fantastic closer though.  Not sure how you can say Foles is reliable but Wentz is not.

In his career how many games did he miss because of injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

In his career how many games did he miss because of injury?

You're calling him reliable when we really don't know if he is.  Carson Wentz has played a full 16 game season, Foles has not.  A quick search shows 9 missed games due to injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You're calling him reliable when we really don't know if he is.  Carson Wentz has played a full 16 game season, Foles has not.  A quick search shows 9 missed games due to injury.

Missed nine games in seven seasons, how about more reliable than Wentz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Missed nine games in seven seasons, how about more reliable than Wentz?

Well, Foles has missed 9* games in 3 seasons he was expected to be the starter (not coming off the bench) whereas Wentz has missed 8 games also in 3 seasons expected to be the starter.

For their careers, Foles has averaged 6.3 games/season; Wentz 13.3.

ETA: 9 games that I found in a 30 second google search.  

Edited by Amused to Death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all very amusing but the thread is about where Nick Foles will go and what contract he will have. We don't need to debate Foles vs Wentz here. The Eagles have already chosen Wentz. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Missed nine games in seven seasons, how about more reliable than Wentz?

You're overlooking the fact that he sat the bench the entire year in Kansas City. Pretty hard to get hurt that season. pretty hard to get hurt in the six games you were sitting on the bench after Case Keenum beat you out in Los Angeles too.Also, he only played a grand total of 13 games in the last two seasons. He's essentially played about four and a half seasons and missed nine games. Not quite as reliable as you thought huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, I suspect that Foles will move to the AFC. Teams that could be interested include:

  1. Jacksonville - Even though the HC doesn't want to go there relative to the new OC it seems a good fit
  2. Cincinnati - Will Dalton be back?
  3. Denver - Hints at focusing on defense and the running game, but have not had a good QB the past few years
  4. Miami - Tannehill back?

Looking forward to seeing where he will land as I am a big fan and think that he would be an improvement for sure at these four locations

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You're overlooking the fact that he sat the bench the entire year in Kansas City. Pretty hard to get hurt that season. pretty hard to get hurt in the six games you were sitting on the bench after Case Keenum beat you out in Los Angeles too.Also, he only played a grand total of 13 games in the last two seasons. He's essentially played about four and a half seasons and missed nine games. Not quite as reliable as you thought huh?

You sure he sat the bench the entire year in KC?  Do some homework slugger, ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Insein said:

This is all very amusing but the thread is about where Nick Foles will go and what contract he will have. We don't need to debate Foles vs Wentz here. The Eagles have already chosen Wentz. 

no kidding, wow. this thread is a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumping in late.  Not even looking at stats, the eye test tells me that Wentz is definitely better than Foles.  We’ve seen a healthy Wentz make throws that only guys like Rodgers, Ben, etc can make.  He’s a true franchise QB.  The question is how healthy will he stay.  He has to play smart and not put his body at risk.  Ben has stayed pretty healthy the last couple years but before that he was good for missing around 3 games each year.  That was because he moved around a lot and took a lot of risks.  Now that he’s a dinosaur, he’s more of a pocket passer and doesn’t get hurt as much.  Foles is a good QB.  Just not great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Insein said:

This is all very amusing but the thread is about where Nick Foles will go and what contract he will have. We don't need to debate Foles vs Wentz here. The Eagles have already chosen Wentz. 

Foles is leaving Philly and is getting paid well in this QB driven league.  I still believe he gets at least $20M for 3 years since he played well again at the end of the season.    Wentz is another discussion.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Foles is leaving Philly and is getting paid well in this QB driven league.  I still believe he gets at least $20M for 3 years since he played well again at the end of the season.    Wentz is another discussion.   

I think people overthink this. 

The league showed you what they thought of him when he was a FA a couple years ago. Also Philly had no offers on him when he was available this past off-season. 

If his tape was strong he would have had stronger interest after the Rams and after KC. His numbers in Philly are on par with his career numbers and he looks the same. 

If there’s any completion on the market he may be taking back-up/ bridge money again 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I think people overthink this. 

The league showed you what they thought of him when he was a FA a couple years ago. Also Philly had no offers on him when he was available this past off-season. 

If his tape was strong he would have had stronger interest after the Rams and after KC. His numbers in Philly are on par with his career numbers and he looks the same. 

If there’s any completion on the market he may be taking back-up/ bridge money again 

 

Really? You don't think his Super Bowl run last year or his end of season run this year moves the market for him at all? My opinion of him has changed as his time with Jeff Fisher and the Rams looks more like the outlier rather than his 1st season under Chip Kelly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.