What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Bears - NFC Wild Card - Henceforth Known as the Double Doink Game (1 Viewer)

The last time the Bears and Eagles played in the playoffs was in 2001 at Soldier Field. The Philadelphia defense battered Bear QB's Jim Miller and Shane Matthews. Hugh Douglas' hit on Jim Miller was one of the hardest I have ever seen. 

And the 1979 game in Philadelphia where the Bears were about to pull an upset when Brian Baschnagel got called for a ridiculous motion penalty that negated a huge play, and killed their drive. 

The Bears are 7-1 at home, the Eagles a 4-4 road team.

Bears have scored 421, gave up 283, so a plus 14 (42 over 28)

Eagles a plus 2, 367 over 348.

So Bears a 7 plus 14....21

Eagles 4 plus 2....6

Just a tool.

Bears win this.

Should be a good close game. I like the Eagles to cover.  I hope they have the speed at LB to contain Cohen on the screens. And to keep Trubisky in the pocket.  Hoping Foles' ribs allow him to play. 

Birds win this one.  Two very good defenses, Chicago won’t be able to keep up with the birds offense.  24-13

I think the bears win in a low scoring game.  Foles finally feels the heat and has a couple costly turnovers.  Bears 20-13.

Eagles win by three scores😎
I would be shocked if this game ends in one team winning by more than 1 score.  Looks like a great matchup.  Can Foles keep performing at this level?  If he does it against the Bears on the road, I'm convinced that he's unstoppable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
unckeyherb said:
Birds win this one.  Two very good defenses, Chicago won’t be able to keep up with the birds offense.  24-13
Bwhahaha :lmao: :lmao: baaaaaahaaaaaaa hilarious 

Bears are #1 in defensive ppg, lead league in turnovers, and top 10 in offensive scoring. Took Philly until 30 seconds left in first half to score against a terrible Redskins team this week. Your post doesn't even make sense. 

fred_1_15301 said:
I would be shocked if this game ends in one team winning by more than 1 score.  Looks like a great matchup.  Can Foles keep performing at this level?  If he does it against the Bears on the road, I'm convinced that he's unstoppable. 
He won't 

fred_1_15301 said:
Bears win by more than 1 score 

Bears win by more than 1 score 
Flapgreen, I like you my man. Maybe it’s the Johnny Drama avatar so that every time I read your posts I hear his voice LOL. But you might be eating some crow soon. Your team has one singularly impressive win this year at home in freezing cold against the Rams and quite a few puzzling losses to the likes of the dolphins and giants. When’s the last time Chicago was relevant? And now here come the red hot, battle tested DEFENDING CHAMPIONS versus a rookie coach and a team with virtually no playoff experience at the most important positions and you’re like—“easy win by more than one score.” ???

Ok bro....we shall see....

Flapgreen, I like you my man. Maybe it’s the Johnny Drama avatar so that every time I read your posts I hear his voice LOL. But you might be eating some crow soon. Your team has one singularly impressive win this year at home in freezing cold against the Rams and quite a few puzzling losses to the likes of the dolphins and giants. When’s the last time Chicago was relevant? And now here come the red hot, battle tested DEFENDING CHAMPIONS versus a rookie coach and a team with virtually no playoff experience at the most important positions and you’re like—“easy win by more than one score.” ???

Perhaps but your prediction was equally as unlikely.  The Bears have 4 losses all year by a combined 14 points.  The Eagles have only beaten 3 teams all year by 2 scores (Redskins twice and the Giants).  Basically it looks like you're just predicting Trubisky and the Bears will suddenly just flop because it's the playoffs.  I doubt anyone wins by 2 scores but if that happens, it's much more likely that it will be the Bears victorious at home.  Just my opinion of course.  

Perhaps but your prediction was equally as unlikely.  The Bears have 4 losses all year by a combined 14 points.  The Eagles have only beaten 3 teams all year by 2 scores (Redskins twice and the Giants).  Basically it looks like you're just predicting Trubisky and the Bears will suddenly just flop because it's the playoffs.  I doubt anyone wins by 2 scores but if that happens, it's much more likely that it will be the Bears victorious at home.  Just my opinion of course.  
Yep. It’s all opinion. That’s all we got. But let me ask you this as a person who has likely watched a lot of football: how often does a team like the Bears with virtually no post season experience win their first playoff game? I’ll grant that they likely have a better chance due to a really good defense but still, my personal opinion is that Chicago is this season’s Rams. One and done despite an awesome regular season record. But hey I’m an Eagles homer who is likely not being 100% objective. 😉

Eagles by a landslide. been there done that, not a first time in playoffs QB like Trubisky, or Nagy - dont forget Nagy was getting killed last season with the Chiefs playoff loss - badly outcoached. it'll happen again.two words: Jim Schwartz.dude can dial it up on ANYONE. they're gonna make it a living hell for Trubisky. folks, the Bears haven't beaten many teams with winning records - check their schedule. I think they're a bit overrated here. it's a nice story but the swagger of the defending SB champs in town will be enough for the eagles to win this easily.

Eagles coaches >>> Bears coaches.thats the difference in this game.

Bwhahaha :lmao: :lmao: baaaaaahaaaaaaa hilarious 

Bears are #1 in defensive ppg, lead league in turnovers, and top 10 in offensive scoring. Took Philly until 30 seconds left in first half to score against a terrible Redskins team this week. Your post doesn't even make sense. 
Birds are scoring 30 ppg with Foles at the helm and hes not a turnover machine.  Bears defense is very good but when they give up the run they lose.  Between Adams and Smallwood running with Sproles grabbing screens I think the eagles can control the clock.  

Eagles defense and especially their front line is firing on all cylinders.  They gave up 89 yards on Sunday.  89.  

I don’t think it’s crazy that a battle tested championship team that is finally playing ball like they did last year can go into Chicago and take it to a green team.  But hey, that’s why they play the game.

we shall see.

Yep. It’s all opinion. That’s all we got. But let me ask you this as a person who has likely watched a lot of football: how often does a team like the Bears with virtually no post season experience win their first playoff game? I’ll grant that they likely have a better chance due to a really good defense but still, my personal opinion is that Chicago is this season’s Rams. One and done despite an awesome regular season record. But hey I’m an Eagles homer who is likely not being 100% objective. 😉
How much playoff experience did Pederson (as a head coach) and the Eagles have last year?  Compared to the Patriots?  I guess I just don’t believe that teams suddenly flop due to the stage being too large.  Talent usually wins.  Also I think a team whose strength is defense is probably less likely to flop.  We have a 16 game sample telling us that this is a very good team.

How much playoff experience did Pederson (as a head coach) and the Eagles have last year?  Compared to the Patriots?  I guess I just don’t believe that teams suddenly flop due to the stage being too large.  Talent usually wins.  Also I think a team whose strength is defense is probably less likely to flop.  We have a 16 game sample telling us that this is a very good team.
Fair point about Doug. And I stated above that the Bears D makes is less likely they flop. But Foles and Jenkins had playoff experience among others. Jenkins having actually won a super bowl. I can’t comment on whether the Bears have anyone like that.

The weak schedule argument just doesn't hold any water. It's the NFL and they've won 9 of 10. The only reason they lost one of those is because is because their starting qb was out and even that was in OT. Eagles have allowed 22 points or more to all of their last 8 opponents except a terrible Washington team, while only scoring 30 points once during that time.  If this was last year's Eagles team, I'd say it would be extremely tough, but this eagles team is riddled with injuries. The Bears are peaking at the right time. 

I'm being a little hyperbolic, though. I wouldn't be blown away if it was close. I don't think the Eagles are a push over. I just don't see it being within 7. But who knows.

Birds are scoring 30 ppg with Foles at the helm and hes not a turnover machine.  Bears defense is very good but when they give up the run they lose.  Between Adams and Smallwood running with Sproles grabbing screens I think the eagles can control the clock.  

Eagles defense and especially their front line is firing on all cylinders.  They gave up 89 yards on Sunday.  89.  

I don’t think it’s crazy that a battle tested championship team that is finally playing ball like they did last year can go into Chicago and take it to a green team.  But hey, that’s why they play the game.

we shall see.
Bears defense is better than "very good." The Eagles have scored over 30 once in 8 games.  They're not rolling into Chicago against the best D in the league and rolling them over. Adams and Smallwood are all of a sudden gonna be running on the Bears? Doubtful. The Eagles aren't even in the top 20 in rushing. 

The only way the Bears lose this game is if they turn the ball over a lot.  And Trubisky hasn't turned it over in his last 3 games and has gotten better and better, all while Howard has been rolling. Kyle Long is back. The Bears have allowed the least amount of qb pressures in the league this year. Allen Robinson and Eddie Jackson will also be back. 

Lane held Mack in check last time. I'm thinking the Oline gives BDN enough time and Fletcher Cox is beasting. 

If you look at the Eagles/Bears last 4 games this looks winnable for the Eagles. 

Lane held Mack in check last time. I'm thinking the Oline gives BDN enough time and Fletcher Cox is beasting. 

If you look at the Eagles/Bears last 4 games this looks winnable for the Eagles. 
Last time? With the Raiders? Not pertinent to this discussion. The Bears defense has talent all over the place.  

Sure, any game is winnable. The Eagles aren't a bad team by any measure. They're not beating the Bears, though. 

Last 4 of each team. We're rolling other than the referee debacle in Dallas. They have a great D.
The last 4 games don't demonstrate the Cowboys haven even an average defense.  Minus the Giants game where the backup qb was awful, the Bears haven't allowed over 22 points in any of the last 10 games, and the ones that got close to 22 points were when the defense backed off and were in prevent to run out the clock. 

The last 4 games don't demonstrate the Cowboys haven even an average defense.  Minus the Giants game where the backup qb was awful, the Bears haven't allowed over 22 points in any of the last 10 games, and the ones that got close to 22 points were when the defense backed off and were in prevent to run out the clock. 
Ok let's go common opponents. The Bears scored 15 against the Rams at home. The Eagles scored 30 on the road. 

The Bears are the clear favorite but the Eagles are playing like a machine and I don't think it's as lopsided as you seem to think. The Bears D is great but it's not Buddy Ryan great. And Tribusky is no BDN.

Eagle fans ITT sounding just like Packer fans before we knocked them out and Viking fans before we knocked them out.

Eagles next in line for demolition.

Ok let's go common opponents. The Bears scored 15 against the Rams at home. The Eagles scored 30 on the road. 

The Bears are the clear favorite but the Eagles are playing like a machine and I don't think it's as lopsided as you seem to think. The Bears D is great but it's not Buddy Ryan great. And Tribusky is no BDN.
Listen, I'm not hating in the Eagles for the sake of hating in the Eagles. They're a good team. I just think the Bears will win by more than 7. To say the Eagles are "playing like a machine" is being very liberal with that description. 

Eagle fans ITT sounding just like Packer fans before we knocked them out and Viking fans before we knocked them out.

Eagles next in line for demolition.
It's just because of how the media has portrayed the Bears and Trubisky all year, along with the Bears recent history.  I expect Eagles fans to believe in their team, though. I can't fault anyone for that. 

Listen, I'm not hating in the Eagles for the sake of hating in the Eagles. They're a good team. I just think the Bears will win by more than 7. To say the Eagles are "playing like a machine" is being very liberal with that description. 
They got humiliated in NO.  After that they’ve played like a machine and frankly should have won out if not for horrendous officiating in the Dallas game-no unbiased viewer would argue that.  Either way they’ve now won 5 of 6 and the last three games they’ve beaten two divisional winners, including the two seed on the road.  They completely dismantled Washington in all phases of the game.  

This team was a home dog all playoffs last year and they play up to that.  This year they are being ranked as the last seed in the playoffs.  They respond well to that kind of perceived disrespect.  

I think your looking past them a little.  They can absolutely win this game.

FTR I'm a huge Foles fan. Seems like a great guy and it's a great story. If he was playing anyone but the Bears, I'd be rooting for him. 
Well, I’ll certainly extend the courtesy. If the Bears win, I’ll be rooting for them. I hate the “Regular Season Rams” and although it pains me a little bit, I’ve grown to despise Sean Peyton so much that I don’t want his smug ### to win the championship either even though I’ve traditionally liked the Saints somewhat.

But I really believe that the winner of this game has a very good shot to go to the Super Bowl. In fact, I don’t think the Saints, Rams or Chiefs will be in the big game. Crazy I know but that’s my prediction.

I didn’t put this in the prediction thread but I believe the super bowl will be between the Eagles or Bears versus the Colts or possibly NE. 

They got humiliated in NO.  After that they’ve played like a machine and frankly should have won out if not for horrendous officiating in the Dallas game-no unbiased viewer would argue that.  Either way they’ve now won 5 of 6 and the last three games they’ve beaten two divisional winners, including the two seed on the road.  They completely dismantled Washington in all phases of the game.  

This team was a home dog all playoffs last year and they play up to that.  This year they are being ranked as the last seed in the playoffs.  They respond well to that kind of perceived disrespect.  

I think your looking past them a little.  They can absolutely win this game.
I'm not saying it's impossible for them to win. I just don't think they will. The Bears won't look past anyone, especially the defending Champs who went on a huge run last year. 

Well, I’ll certainly extend the courtesy. If the Bears win, I’ll be rooting for them. I hate the “Regular Season Rams” and although it pains me a little bit, I’ve grown to despise Sean Peyton so much that I don’t want his smug ### to win the championship either even though I’ve traditionally liked the Saints somewhat.

But I really believe that the winner of this game has a very good shot to go to the Super Bowl. In fact, I don’t think the Saints, Rams or Chiefs will be in the big game. Crazy I know but that’s my prediction.

I didn’t put this in the prediction thread but I believe the super bowl will be between the Eagles or Bears versus the Colts or possibly NE. 
I could see that happening. 

Foles' last 5 starts as a Vegas Underdog.

Jan 13 vs Atlanta- Win
Jan 21 vs Minny- Win
Feb 4 vs New England- Win
Sept 6 vs Atlanta- Win
Dec 16 vs Rams- Win

Chicago should win, but being an underdog is a good thing for him.

fantasyland scenario here.... but would have preferred nagy pull starters early in 3q vs. vikes... and tell the backups to play at 80-90% speed.... let the vikings come back and win the game.... dont say a word to the media that they let them win.... then pummel them in playoffs.... its not feasible, but i'd much rather play minny than eagles... oh well, cant change it now.

The Bears are 7-1 at home, the Eagles a 4-4 road team.

Bears have scored 421, gave up 283, so a plus 14 (42 over 28)

Eagles a plus 2, 367 over 348.

So Bears a 7 plus 14....21

Eagles 4 plus 2....6

Just a tool.

Bears win this.
:whoosh: Is this some sort of real handicapping method??  Not a big gambler so I don't know if I just got played or this is some tool I was unaware of :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread